• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 4, 2019
I'm just trying to be good with food. I have zero impulse control when its in the house and moderation is not in my vocabulary, ha. But truth be told I want to look better for me and no one else. Husband loves me for me, thank god, and I'm not nearly as critical of anyone with my body type as I am on my self. Lots of years of self loathing but I'm slowly, slowly, slowly coming out of it. One day at a time!
Well, if it makes you happier more power to you.:). And I'm glad you have the love and support of your husband! That's great and his validation is all that matters. Screw everyone else lol.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I have decided to become celibate. Trying to form a relationship is too difficult. Drunk posting, so hi everybody!

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen Serial Experiment Lain like 3-5 times and I still don't know what's going on. Maybe it's some kind of ADHD or something. I always zone out and then I lose the plot.

I haven't seen it as many times, but yeah... I can't remember a single thing about the plot or the characters. The only things I remember are Lain's hair and some electronic pill at a club?

Honestly, I loved it as much as I did both because it was so mystifying, and also because there was a plurality of theories to demystify it that I found satisfying in some way. If I were just left with a bunch of questions, which I would have been if I didn't do some kind of follow up after, then I'm sure I wouldn't remember very much about it. But it's that quality of the known and the unknown sharing the same eccentric orbit, that imo makes it memorable.

Like there's a notion in philosophy of both a positive and negative metaphysics. A positive metaphysics forms the category of things in the world that we can (or that we claim ourselves able to) make affirmative statements about. You could also consider it something like a coherent or intelligible world view that enables us to make definite statements about things and take definite actions that are definitely ordered towards our definite aims. Essentially why it's positive is that you're 'saying something about something', it's adding something rather than taking something away. A negative metaphysics, however, is the complete opposite. It's essentially the realization that something of 'reality' will always escape our understanding, that things in the world are under no obligation to submit themselves to our desire to know them, and that they may in fact never do so. That these two should occur within the same world or the same moment is arguably the appeal of aesthetics according to people like Kant (think of the "je ne sais quois"), and the dialectic between these two is arguably the major animating force of mysticism. Lain's story is imo close to mysticism in its proportions of clarity and hiddenness. It shifts from positive to negative and back again, but on average stays centered closely at zero.

Episode 11 is the closest it gets to outright stating anything (it essentially explains the 'metaphysics' of the wired, how it actually existed 'before' computers, and how the false god was able to create himself by becoming part of some kind of supposed informational field that underlies reality), but that episode is also a huge infodump. I think the theory that I like most, is that Lain herself represents something like a world spirit. She existed before maybe in some kind of undifferentiated state and was 'born into' the human world. Her disconnection or dissociation in the beginning of the story maybe evokes the image of some kind of broad or dispersed consciousness condensing into a solitary ego. And birth is always painful, so maybe we could think of normal human birth in the same way. Something that doesn't have any identity, that is everything and nothing, is collapsed into an identity, a single painful moment in space and time. But through becoming an individual, being loved by and losing Alice, Lain becomes a being capable of love. But ymmv.

Last edited:

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Oh hello. I don't think I've noticed this thread before. Shows how much I go to the hangouts section, oops.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?) Male, pronouns he/him
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Canada!
  • Where Do You Live? southern Manitoba
  • How Old Are you? 26
  • Favorite Type of Music? I like a bit of everything, mostly alt rock, trying to branch out into other things
  • Profession or Career interest? My ideal career would be being surrounded by dozens of fluffy dogs
  • Favorite video game(s)? Warcraft/Elder Scrolls right now, occasionally Pokemon and Fallout
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I should really do more writing than I already do, but that.

Mar 4, 2019
Oh hello. I don't think I've noticed this thread before. Shows how much I go to the hangouts section, oops.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?) Male, pronouns he/him
  • How Old Are you? 26
  • Favorite Type of Music? I like a bit of everything, mostly alt rock, trying to branch out into other things
  • Profession or Career interest? My ideal career would be being surrounded by dozens of fluffy dogs
  • Favorite video game(s)? Warcraft/Elder Scrolls right now, occasionally Pokemon and Fallout
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I should really do more writing than I already do, but that.
Welcome!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

• How Old Are you? 26

Great career choice as well. And another Warcraft fan is a huge plus. FOR THE HORDE (even though I'm currently unlocking Alliance allied races. -_-) Got my Kul Tiran Human male names saved on my server already: Grindr and Dadbod!

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Great career choice as well. And another Warcraft fan is a huge plus. FOR THE HORDE (even though I'm currently unlocking Alliance allied races. -_-) Got my Kul Tiran Human male names saved on my server already: Grindr and Dadbod!
Haha oops... I'm currently Alliance, and working on unlocking Horde allied races. :P very much looking forward to the Kul Tiran humans next week though! I absolutely love those names tbh.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have been going to Gym for like 6 months, first time seriously ever (and i'm 35 xD), but i really enjoy it now, it's fun when you get used to it. My only problem is, i kinda put on muscles really slow, maybe cause i'm older, but i see all these buff gay guys, but that can't be all natural, can it? They have to been using some help...

Does someone has any Tips? I'm eating enough protein, and taking good care of my nutrition, but my progress has been really slow.

This is me at the moment. How long does it take to put on some muscles? 1or 2 years?

gE7Rb9M.jpg

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have been going to Gym for like 6 months, first time seriously ever (and i'm 35 xD), but i really enjoy it now, it's fun when you get used to it. My only problem is, i kinda put on muscles really slow, maybe cause i'm older, but i see all these buff gay guys, but that can't be all natural, can it? They have to been using some help...

Does someone has any Tips? I'm eating enough protein, and taking good care of my nutrition, but my progress has been really slow.

This is me at the moment. How long does it take to put on some muscles? 1or 2 years?

gE7Rb9M.jpg

My ex has been posting all these pictures on instagram detailing how he went from tall and skinny-ish to super buff over the past 8 or so months. Either its a lot of hard work or he's using "supplements" because the change is drastic. I know he mentioned drastically dropping calories but there's no way he's getting enough nutrients on those numbers alone. I know this isn't very helpful, sorry.

PS: :hearteyes:

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My ex has been posting all these pictures on instagram detailing how he went from tall and skinny-ish to super buff over the past 8 or so months. Either its a lot of hard work or he's using "supplements" because the change is drastic. I know he mentioned drastically dropping calories but there's no way he's getting enough nutrients on those numbers alone. I know this isn't very helpful, sorry.

PS: :hearteyes:

Hmm, i don't know how he trained, and was it his first time building muscles? I have red a lot about it, and apparently, you can build up to 1kg of muscles a month, if you are a beginner or so, but still, i think the body needs more time. Sometimes i see guys change a lot after 3 months, and i think it's mostly Roids.

i have build maybe like 2kg in 6 months xD

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hmm, i don't know how he trained, and was it his first time building muscles? I have red a lot about it, and apparently, you can build up to 1kg of muscles a month, if you are a beginner or so, but still, i think the body needs more time. Sometimes i see guys change a lot after 3 months, and i think it's mostly Roids.

i have build maybe like 2kg in 6 months xD

I would say he was a beginner but I honestly don't know really. He's always been moderately "athletic" but the change was INSANE. Like, a few friends asked me if he had done steroids or something. (Also, how would I know if he did? We're not exactly bff, lol. People are weird.)

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I've only been using weights on and off for maybe five years (started at 35ish?) and have never gotten especially noticable results aside from improved metabolism. I definitely look better but it's unlikely I'm suddenly getting jacked at 40 😅

My assumption, aside from roids or questionable supplements, is that most of these dudes have been athletic and gym-goers since they were in high school.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I would say he was a beginner but I honestly don't know really. He's always been moderately "athletic" but the change was INSANE. Like, a few friends asked me if he had done steroids or something. (Also, how would I know if he did? We're not exactly bff, lol. People are weird.)

Did you notice any change how he is? Friend of mine took Steroids, and he was a bit hulkish, angry from time to time for like no reasons xD

I've only been using weights on and off for maybe five years (started at 35ish?) and have never gotten especially noticable results aside from improved metabolism. I definitely look better but it's unlikely I'm suddenly getting jacked at 40 😅

My assumption, aside from roids or questionable supplements, is that most of these dudes have been athletic and gym-goers since they were in high school.

Yeah, i also noticed how my metabolism improved, i like that change.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
While I don't support your faction choices I support you as a person. Hate the sin, etc. etc.
I will pray for you, Horde scum treasured friend.
Nah, but I am enjoying going through the Horde storyline, if only to see how wrong they are. :P But seriously though, the differing perspective is nice; I like seeing both sides of the story. I'm utterly disinterested in the Zandalari (really, trolls in general), but I enjoy their quasi-Wakandan theming and look forward to seeing how Talanji develops.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Did you notice any change how he is? Friend of mine took Steroids, and he was a bit hulkish, angry from time to time for like no reasons xD

I don't see him IRL anymore because we live in different states. The only other difference I've noticed is how he went from kinda reserved online to posting tons of thirst trap pics in his boxer briefs which he'd never do ten or so years ago. I mean good for him I guess but idk if he's healthy but I guess it is none of my business.

I will pray for you, Horde scum treasured friend.
Nah, but I am enjoying going through the Horde storyline, if only to see how wrong they are. :P But seriously though, the differing perspective is nice; I like seeing both sides of the story. I'm utterly disinterested in the Zandalari (really, trolls in general), but I enjoy their quasi-Wakandan theming and look forward to seeing how Talanji develops.

mmmhmm. I'm enjoying the difference in setting as well. I think Kul Tiras is the better experience but I don't like any of the alliance races that much. I used to like Draenei pre-Legion but now I'm sick of them. I'm playing a worgen dk right now (and have a human mage who is my original 15 year old character that is stuck at 115) and somehow a werewolf was the least offensive option.

Strangely enough I do like the zandalari but don't really like the trolls. Same for the mag'har orcs. They're okay too. Truth be told, I want ethereals and jinyu to be playable. I'll race change everything.

i main a goblin blood dk named Beyoncé so maybe my choices are iffy. i love her though.[/s]

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
mmmhmm. I'm enjoying the difference in setting as well. I think Kul Tiras is the better experience but I don't like any of the alliance races that much. I used to like Draenei pre-Legion but now I'm sick of them. I'm playing a worgen dk right now (and have a human mage who is my original 15 year old character that is stuck at 115) and somehow a werewolf was the least offensive option.

Strangely enough I do like the zandalari but don't really like the trolls. Same for the mag'har orcs. They're okay too. Truth be told, I want ethereals and jinyu to be playable. I'll race change everything.

I'm quite the opposite with the races; I like basically all of the Alliance races, aside from night elves (they're too gangly), and there isn't much on the Horde that interests me other than the tauren or orcs (which...may display some of my biases, heh). Also, hell yes to the ethereals and jinyu. I've always wanted the furbolg to be playable, too. Between those three, Kul Tirans, and the Pandaren, I think I'd be totally set tbh.

Sheepishlord

May 17, 2018
Not posted here in awhile been a crazy year. Started a new job I absolutely love and I live right across the road which is fantastic. And on valentines day my partner of 2+ years proposted to me 😊 I was so happy I cried my eyes out, was totally not expending it I never cry lol. We planning on getting married next summer, we did the long distance thing for 6 months then moved to be together, since we been together things have only gone up and up 😊

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not posted here in awhile been a crazy year. Started a new job I absolutely love and I live right across the road which is fantastic. And on valentines day my partner of 2+ years proposted to me 😊 I was so happy I cried my eyes out, was totally not expending it I never cry lol. We planning on getting married next summer, we did the long distance thing for 6 months then moved to be together, since we been together things have only gone up and up 😊

Ohhh wow, congrats!!! Happy for you guys. <3

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Married life is fun. Congrats.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I need someone to help me with my tinder profile. Any professionals out there?

(I just feel like I haven't been getting hits, or if I do, people don't respond after a match, like, at all, so I need general dating app consulting I guess).

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hello, I need someone to help me with my tinder profile. Any professionals out there?

(I just feel like I haven't been getting hits, or if I do, people don't respond after a match, like, at all, so I need general app consulting I guess).

Where are you from? Here in Germany it's mostly something like a Game, you try to match as many hot guys as you can, but nobody writes on this app (or rather that is my impression), so it may not be you, just the App. Have you tried Grindr or Scruff?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you from? Here in Germany it's mostly something like a Game, you try to match as many hot guys as you can, but nobody writes on this app (or rather that is my impression), so it may not be you, just the App. Have you tried Grindr or Scruff?

I used to get a lot of responses on grindr and now it's been silent, so I honestly think it's my picture.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I used to get a lot of responses on grindr and now it's been silent, so I honestly think it's my picture.

honestly, that's usually been my issue too. It's silly but changing my picture usually gets me a lot of interest for a bit.

...and I'm a coward that hasn't deleted his yet. So maybe I should change my picture again.

edit: I just changed it. will report results, if any. Decided against my first choice and went with something else.

53354555_426955951388624_2183572080639868928_n.jpg

Last edited:

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Congrats! Married life is a blast and it's a fantastic journey. Best wishes to you both!

honestly, that's usually been my issue too. It's silly but changing my picture usually gets me a lot of interest for a bit.

...and I'm a coward that hasn't deleted his yet. So maybe I should change my picture again.

edit: I just changed it. will report results, if any. Decided against my first choice and went with something else.

53354555_426955951388624_2183572080639868928_n.jpg
Yeah from a more practical side changing your profile picture on Grindr puts you at the top of the screen in the "new faces" section (or at least it used to? I literally haven't changed my picture in months.) so it's a good way of getting more interest in your profile in the short term, and some pictures will attract more attention than others. But yeah I think changing your picture is usually a good way of enticing more attention, at least in the short term, as long as you don't change it too often. Also that picture and tshirt are *swoon*.

Mar 4, 2019

Everyone's body type is different, and it also can depend on caloric intake, hormone levels etc. And some of the guys you are probably seeing are getting a bit of 'special' help. lol
More info about the body types: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html
And, you are looking good! Keep up the good work.

Congrats!

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Curry is 100% correct. Knowing your body type saves you a LOT of headaches at the gym. I am a bit of a mix myself. That being said the results are showing big time now I am going hard.

*reserved for gym pic*

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I'm trying to bulk up myself. I'm not that tall. 1,77cm and weigh 85kg

BMI says I'm overweight, but it's mainly muscles. I'll try to post pics later.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Me a couple weeks ago

Lskv3ou.jpg

Almost back to my peak weight and I am filling out in the eight places. Gotta keep going hard.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's body type is different, and it also can depend on caloric intake, hormone levels etc. And some of the guys you are probably seeing are getting a bit of 'special' help. lol
More info about the body types: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html
And, you are looking good! Keep up the good work.

Congrats!

I can't tell if I'm a mesomorph or an endomorph. It says mesomorphs have the ideal type for results but how would I know if I never achieved results? I am very short 5'3'' and it feels like I bulk easy but don't tone easy.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017

gE7Rb9M.jpg
RE: Instagays with muscles, a lot of them have either been lifting for a long time and/or are using steroids to get there. There was a good NBC News article about the negative self-esteem impacts on the gay community

Since you're trying to gain, make sure you are both eating enough protein and enough total calories to put on weight. What's your lifting routine look like?

For me it's taken 4ish years to look semi-muscular, but i was coming from being very obese and wasn't great on diet for patches in that time. Fit-era may be able to give better advice.

Mar 4, 2019
RE: Instagays with muscles, a lot of them have either been lifting for a long time and/or are using steroids to get there. There was a good NBC News article about the negative self-esteem impacts on the gay community
Thanks for mentioning the body image issues gay men face in the community. It's so important not to pay attention to the steroid users, and all the ads that say 'gay men need to look like this'. We all just have to have realistic goals, eat healthy and exercise moderately then everything will fall into place. It's so important to love yourself, and especially the skin you are in. We are all beautiful in our own unique ways!❤️

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for mentioning the body image issues gay men face in the community. It's so important not to pay attention to the steroid users, and all the ads that say 'gay men need to look like this'. We all just have to have realistic goals, eat healthy and exercise moderately then everything will fall into place. It's so important to love yourself, and especially the skin you are in. We are all beautiful in our own unique ways!❤️

Yeah I unfollowed many of the thirst traps I used to follow because it destroyed my self esteem. Feel much better since the purge, which also has helped me be more focused on my own fitness because I am more focused on my own progress instead of getting in a sad spiral that ends in emotionally eating a ton of food.

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah I unfollowed many of the thirst traps I used to follow because it destroyed my self esteem. Feel much better since the purge, which also has helped me be more focused on my own fitness because I am more focused on my own progress instead of getting in a sad spiral that ends in emotionally eating a ton of food.
That's a very positive thing you did! Wishing you the best on your journey!❤️

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
yeah just browsing tags and even "suggested content" (which is weird because mine is a mix between gaming, Power Rangers, dudes and draq queens) can be disheartening because you see all this photoshop and these guys who just.... do whatever to their bodies to make them look "perfect." It's hard.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
It's really hard. Lately I've been making a point to unfollow as many of those people that I can, and just stick with more positive, affirming people. I don't mean that to shame anyone who is legitimately an Adonis muscle gay who has a different beach in a different country every month to take shirtless pictures on, but it's just....not something that adds anything positive to my life.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who has had body issues I concur. It took me YEARS to take a pic of myself and feel better. It is a big issue not addressed in media as much as it is with females (which is also underreported)

Mar 4, 2019
It's best to ignore the meat heads. Just be the best version of you, and the rest will fall into place. One tip I did is I put a post it on my bathroom mirror, and it says 'I am beautiful.' I read it loud for 30 days, and it changed my mindset completely. Self affirmation is so rewarding, and loving yourself is the most important thing in the world. If you are unable to love yourself, how can you love someone else? And, in the grand scheme of things, our looks will fade and our personality is what will keep us feeling young at heart. Also, we are all gonna end up the same at the end: six feet under, and with bugs/worms all over us!🙈