• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Hey everyone, since I'm no longer apart of the fallen, I can finally introduce myself on here!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns? -cis Female
  • Your sexual orientation? - Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? - Washington
  • Where Do You Live? - Washington???
  • How Old Are you? -28
  • Favorite Type of Music? - I like way too many genres but most of my iTunes these days is made up of soundtracks (especially for video games)???
  • Profession or Career interest? - I work in non-profit and hope to stay there.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - The Portal Series.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Reading, watching Let's plays and video essays, going waterfalling, obsessing over birds.

Anyways that's me. c:

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Hey everyone, since I'm no longer apart of the fallen, I can finally introduce myself on here!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns? -cis Female
  • Your sexual orientation? - Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? - Washington
  • Where Do You Live? - Washington???
  • How Old Are you? -28
  • Favorite Type of Music? - I like way too many genres but most of my iTunes these days is made up of soundtracks (especially for video games)???
  • Profession or Career interest? - I work in non-profit and hope to stay there.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - The Portal Series.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Reading, watching Let's plays and video essays, going waterfalling, obsessing over birds.

Anyways that's me. c:

Welcome! :)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Hi lokiduck,

Welcome, I'm back from the snap too!

I'm just glad we were all able to come back a day early. I was a long time lurker before I actually made this account (I actually only made it a week before the snap happened), but I didn't realize how much I would want to comment while I was gone. D: I hope you had a good time while being snapped though.

Thanks! It's nice to meet you! c:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
20190425_205230.jpg

I'm convinced a quarter of the people on this app are mid stroke

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Gers gift for u"

What did he mean by this

/thinking emoji

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Uh, hello, I'm new here. I'm a reddit refugee who just got tired of the overwhelming toxicity present there, and I've come to this site hoping for a better, more welcoming atmosphere. It seems so far so good, though I'm still a little shy about posting.

Let's see, about me:
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
Up in the air. Probably leaning more toward cis male atm, but I definitely question from time to time.
  • Your sexual orientation?
Asexual. Just never felt sexual attraction towards anyone.
  • Where Are You From?
Mobile, Alabama (fun times)
  • Where Do You Live?
Currently living in Hokkaido Japan.
  • How Old Are you?
In my late 20s.
  • Favorite Type of Music?
Jazzhop, or basically anything you can chill and relax too. Also J-rock like the Pillows or Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Enjoy vaporwave and futurefunk when I'm in the right mood.
  • Profession or Career interest?
Currently teaching English. Not entirely sure what I want to do afterwards though.
  • Favorite video game(s)?
Mostly into retro games, and my favorites change depending on what system I'm diving into. I guess Earthbound, the Megaman series, the Legend of Zelda series and many of Sega's franchises rank among my favorites.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
I draw, I read, I'm currently learning Cajon and Guitar, and I like to walk around while listening to music or podcasts. I love traveling, I just wish I could afford to do it more often.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Uh, hello, I'm new here. I'm a reddit refugee who just got tired of the overwhelming toxicity present there, and I've come to this site hoping for a better, more welcoming atmosphere. It seems so far so good, though I'm still a little shy about posting.

Let's see, about me:
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
Up in the air. Probably leaning more toward cis male atm, but I definitely question from time to time.
  • Your sexual orientation?
Asexual. Just never felt sexual attraction towards anyone.
  • Where Are You From?
Mobile, Alabama (fun times)
  • Where Do You Live?
Currently living in Hokkaido Japan.
  • How Old Are you?
In my late 20s.
  • Favorite Type of Music?
Jazzhop, or basically anything you can chill and relax too. Also J-rock like the Pillows or Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Enjoy vaporwave and futurefunk when I'm in the right mood.
  • Profession or Career interest?
Currently teaching English. Not entirely sure what I want to do afterwards though.
  • Favorite video game(s)?
Mostly into retro games, and my favorites change depending on what system I'm diving into. I guess Earthbound, the Megaman series, the Legend of Zelda series and many of Sega's franchises rank among my favorites.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
I draw, I read, I'm currently learning Cajon and Guitar, and I like to walk around while listening to music or podcasts. I love traveling, I just wish I could afford to do it more often.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all.

You're from Mobile? So am I!

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I lived there for the first half of my childhood and my mom still does. I spent my teen years growing up in Fairhope and now I live in Pensacola.
How's Pensacola compared to Mobile/Fairhope? I just remember going there anytime I wanted to visit a decent mall, or check out a play at their theatre. Always found it amusing how the road quality changed the moment you crossed the Florida/Alabama border. I hear they're getting a Bucky's on the way there as well.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
How's Pensacola compared to Mobile/Fairhope? I just remember going there anytime I wanted to visit a decent mall, or check out a play at their theatre. Always found it amusing how the road quality changed the moment you crossed the Florida/Alabama border. I hear they're getting a Bucky's on the way there as well.

The Bucee's is AWESOME lol and apparently a prime hangout spot for Baldwin County. Pensacola has really grown and is becoming nice - I actually don't mind living here at all and that's even after living in California for four years. Sadly the malls here suck now. And there's now only one left.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The Bucee's is AWESOME lol and apparently a prime hangout spot for Baldwin County. Pensacola has really grown and is becoming nice - I actually don't mind living here at all and that's even after living in California for four years. Sadly the malls here suck now. And there's now only one left.
Not surprised to hear about the mall, that seems to be the trend around the country. Pensacola always seemed like a nice city, and definitely a lot cleaner than Mobile. What part of California did you live in? I always wanted yo see Yosemite, and the other national parks there.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Since I'm ignorant as heck here, what are some good dating apps/sites aside from Scruff and Grindr?
Those weren't for me, as I am not comfortable having sex quickly with someone.

EDIT: I'm on Tinder and Hinge, but I guess it's a "me" issue?

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm ignorant as heck here, what are some good dating apps/sites aside from Scruff and Grindr?
Those weren't for me, as I am not comfortable having sex quickly with someone.

EDIT: I'm on Tinder and Hinge, but I guess it's a "me" issue?
I liked OKCupid in the past.

No dating apps or sites are for me. I'd check OKCupid many times a day when I was on there. It wasn't healthy for me.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Dating apps? Bah! Bah, I say. As a Bisexual, I find myself getting odd looks from both genders no matter what! I expect only to die alone at this rate. Plus, even when I do get a match, they turn out to have a fundamental misunderstanding of my wants/needs/barriers. Best way for me to have any success is to act straight/gay depending on the situation without outright lying, which hurts. ;-;

It's been a while, LGBTera, but I've been watching silently and awkwardly all this time without feeling I have anything worth contributing, I promise. However, I'm considering making a thread highlighting the general apathy of discrimination towards Trans folk, and why that should change. Anyone got any articles they could show me to support that argument? I'm fed up with Trans people getting the shortest of the short straws so often.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
So, is my "bisexual" identifier on these dating sites a red flag to people, even in the community? :/

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
Does anybody else here have one of those friends who insists that they must introduce you to every gay person they meet as if they're trying to hook you up? This girl at my work keeps physically dragging me to meet other lesbians at my job and does the introduction as "this is ____, she's a lesbian too!" 9/10 times that person isn't single. And neither am I for that matter.

I don't know how to explain to her that it's uncomfortable and kind of insulting that she seemingly thinks I'm incapable of finding (another) partner, and automatically assuming I'm interested in dating every lesbian she comes across just because they're a lesbian.

On the other hand, it's kinda funny how excited she gets about it, like it makes her day and she's super proud of herself. People are funny.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody else here have one of those friends who insists that they must introduce you to every gay person they meet as if they're trying to hook you up? This girl at my work keeps physically dragging me to meet other lesbians at my job and does the introduction as "this is ____, she's a lesbian too!" 9/10 times that person isn't single. And neither am I for that matter.

I don't know how to explain to her that it's uncomfortable and kind of insulting that she seemingly thinks I'm incapable of finding (another) partner, and automatically assuming I'm interested in dating every lesbian she comes across just because they're a lesbian.

On the other hand, it's kinda funny how excited she gets about it, like it makes her day and she's super proud of herself. People are funny.
She may be trying to social network with you. Granted you are probably at a point in your life you are comfortable and she is just being overly nice.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
In my experience the reason that people get turned off by bisexuals is they have it in their heads for some reason that we're twice as likely to cheat in the relationship than a heterosexual or homosexual person would.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my experience the reason that people get turned off by bisexuals is they have it in their heads for some reason that we're twice as likely to cheat in the relationship than a heterosexual or homosexual person would.

And also that social pressure will cause them to default to a relationship with the opposite sex once they've had enough of having to be overtly queer.

In both cases it's really insulting because they're assuming that people's actions amount to little more than the path of least resistance.

I'm a gay dude and I might have a slight preference for bisexual guys, I suppose because I expect them to have a somewhat more adaptable/less baggage-prone conception of attraction and gender

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, everyone. First time posting here, I actually just came out to my parents. And to myself kind of. I've been in denial for a long time. The ways I would justify checking out other men while telling myself I'm straight are kind of hilarious in hindsight. My parents have never really given me a reason to believe they're homophobic. This is going to sound pretty silly, but because I'm the only son with three sisters, I always felt my dad would be really disappointed by me coming out. Like he wanted a son that was like him and any deviation from that would upset him. Fortunately, he was very accepting. My mom's reaction was kind of weird. I've been depressed for a while and she said "If you love yourself more, maybe you'll be able to love women again". What lol. Overall, coming out to my parents was incredibly unburdening. I also came out to one of my sisters and she was great. I'm so happy to be able to be true to myself now.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns? -cis male
  • Your sexual orientation? - gay
  • Where Are You From? - DC
  • Where Do You Live? - DC
  • How Old Are you? -25
  • Favorite Type of Music? - Rock, alt. Rock
  • Profession or Career interest? - Work in retail, but desperately need to get out of it. Planning on going to school in the fall.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - Mass Effect, LoZ, Hollow Knight and many more.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Reading, playing with my dog, jigsaw puzzles.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hi, everyone. First time posting here, I actually just came out to my parents. And to myself kind of. I've been in denial for a long time. The ways I would justify checking out other men while telling myself I'm straight are kind of hilarious in hindsight. My parents have never really given me a reason to believe they're homophobic. This is going to sound pretty silly, but because I'm the only son with three sisters, I always felt my dad would be really disappointed by me coming out. Like he wanted a son that was like him and any deviation from that would upset him. Fortunately, he was very accepting. My mom's reaction was kind of weird. I've been depressed for a while and she said "If you love yourself more, maybe you'll be able to love women again". What lol. Overall, coming out to my parents was incredibly unburdening. I also came out to one of my sisters and she was great. I'm so happy to be able to be true to myself now.

• How Old Are you? -25
  • Profession or Career interest? - Work in retail, but desperately need to get out of it. Planning on going to school in the fall.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Reading, playing with my dog, jigsaw puzzles.

hey congrats!

Feniks

Oct 30, 2017

• How Old Are you? -25

Congrats, man!

I feel you when you say coming out to your parents was unburdening. I just hope you ride the wave and tell everyone that matters to you. Don't get complacent like I did. I've come out to my parents 2 years ago but still haven't come out to most of my friends :|

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Good lord the open relationship topic is making me angry so I had to close it and not respond.

I've encountered those attitudes here before but for some reason I always hoped that people wouldn't always be so damned judgmental. Also, if it isn't your sex life then why do you care? Do what works for you and your relationship. And don't project your insecurities on the relationships of others.

I'm going back to bed.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good lord the open relationship topic is making me angry so I had to close it and not respond.

I've encountered those attitudes here before but for some reason I always hoped that people wouldn't always be so damned judgmental. Also, if it isn't your sex life then why do you care? Do what works for you and your relationship. And don't project your insecurities on the relationships of others.

I'm going back to bed.

Pro or Against? I've seen from both side people being kinda dickish ^^