• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
The concept of a gay couple is too alien for my muslim parents. They will probably never understand it. And when they somehow would, it would still be a taboo thing. We would never talk about it. And I don't want that either.

I haven't been to many gayclubs myself by the way. I'm not very active in the gay scene. I went to a gay sauna once though......never again.

I saw this great documentary called "a jihad of love" about reconciling the Muslim faith with being gay, it was very interesting, and far more positive than most docs about Muslim gays. Still change in Muslim communities seems practically impossible in the near future.

Deleted member 32101

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It's not quite that extreme for me but I've got some of those problems myself. Socially awkward, rarely go out, don't like clubbing, don't drink alcohol, have a very small circle of friends (so no real chance of just meeting someone through "a friend of a friend" or sth). The only way for me to meet people is online dating which... I mean, I haven't had a single relationship yet and I've been trying to find someone for quite a while so looking at it from that perspective, I guess it's not going well. On the other hand, I've also met a few people I got along with really well so it's kind of given me hope that there are people out there who're right for me. Although I also feel like online dating has gotten more difficult within the last year or so. It just feels like finding people through dating apps/websites is more difficult now than it used to be and like there aren't as many people using them now as there were until a year or so ago which is kinda frustrating. But anyway, have you tried online dating?

For like a week this summer. Finding someone wasn't a problem. But couldn't get over myself. Figured I'd rather stop before I start to disappoint people.
In general, to make it blunt, you can have sex within 2 hours if you wanted to, you don't even have to look "good" (I am not attracted to people you would see as models, absolutely not, looking good is so damn subjective).

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm extremely introvert to the point of actual ADD. I'm like this as far as I can remember back. I just don't go out and I mentally tire so fast when around people. I don't even drink alcohol. Absolute sincerely, I do not like being drunk. It does not feel good. So no bars. I'm neither unclean nor fat, though, I care about that. I can face every challenge IF I have to. Means, if there is an outside force of expectation. I can speak in public and I can play confident, strong and bullshit my way through, those skills I need where I am and where I am heading. But that face tires as soon as no ones looking. Then I'm potato by myself. Yeah I'm basically hoping on the fairy tale that someone just bumps into me and has some reason to be energetic. Meh, first world problems.

I'm pretty shy and keep to my self for the most part, but I don't know if I qualify as an actual introvert. I like engaging with people provided we get along well enough. But yeah, I don't drink (or smoke) either. I'm like the only person I know who doesn't lol. I don't have any sort of moral objection to either of them, they're just...not for me. :/

Abdaran atish'an, glad to see more DA and ME fans here. I'm currently reading the first book in the Discworld series. What books do you read?

Welcome. Writing is something I've dabbled in but could never really commit to. Glad to see more creative people joining the community!

Ma serannas! Both DA and ME are two of my all-time favorite franchises. I'm actually replaying Inquisition (for about the 1,000th time) at the moment. I always say I'll romance someone new, but I end up going for Dorian/Iron Bull time and time again. I'm actually ashamed to say that I haven't read an actual (non-graphic) novel in quite some time. I've been reading comics for the last 4-6 months (specifically, Saga, Monstress, and Descender, all from Image Comics, as well as some old Captain Marvel volumes). I've recently added two new novels to my to-read list, however: A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson and Killing Gravity by Corey J. White. I'm not familiar with the Discworld series, but I've heard lots of good things about it! Is it worth starting, in your opinion?

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Ma serannas! Both DA and ME are two of my all-time favorite franchises. I'm actually replaying Inquisition (for about the 1,000th time) at the moment. I always say I'll romance someone new, but I end up going for Dorian/Iron Bull time and time again. I'm actually ashamed to say that I haven't read an actual (non-graphic) novel in quite some time. I've been reading comics for the last 4-6 months (specifically, Saga, Monstress, and Descender, all from Image Comics, as well as some old Captain Marvel volumes). I've recently added two new novels to my to-read list, however: A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson and Killing Gravity by Corey J. White. I'm not familiar with the Discworld series, but I've heard lots of good things about it! Is it worth starting, in your opinion?
I never finished the DLC or even the remaining main quest (excluding the boss battle) on my Dorian or Bull romance playthroughs. I mostly went for the elves, Solas because of his voice or Sera because I love shipping some good-mannered Inky with a no-good trickster character like her. As for reading, I think comics are great too. Love stuff like Young Avengers. Still one of the best kiss scenes. Discworld is okay so far, I only just started getting into it. Very unique feel to the world that he built there, it's definitely far from standard fantasy setting.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So many people are joining. Welcome to the rest of you who joined as well in the conversation here. :3

I watched the UK LGBT film God's Own Country on Sunday and I hope y'all give it a watch too.

It's great cinema imo. I think it's 16+ tho, themes like alcoholism, promiscuity, xenophobia and a lot of violence are all in the film.

I think I'll check this out, the last good queer movie I watched was

I really liked it.

It isn't at all, and there are plenty of gay men who haven't. I understand the pressure to feel like you should or should want to go, because there are such few gay spaces that exist, but if it doesn't sound appealing to you that's also fine.

It's not that it's not appealing to me, it's mostly the fact that I don't really have gay friends and the thought of going to a gay bar or similar place alone is weirdly intimidating to me. I feel like I became more shy in the past months and I don't know if could approach guys on my own accord.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I never finished the DLC or even the remaining main quest (excluding the boss battle) on my Dorian or Bull romance playthroughs. I mostly went for the elves, Solas because of his voice or Sera because I love shipping some good-mannered Inky with a no-good trickster character like her. As for reading, I think comics are great too. Love stuff like Young Avengers. Still one of the best kiss scenes. Discworld is okay so far, I only just started getting into it. Very unique feel to the world that he built there, it's definitely far from standard fantasy setting.

Ha, I'm almost the exact opposite. I've yet to romance Sera because I can't seem to make a female Inquisitor that I like the look of and my only female elf Inquisitor is romancing Solas (and I have yet to finish that playthrough either). I also REALLY wanna finish a playthrough with a Qunari Inquisitor but, as with human females, I just can't seem to make one that doesn't look awful. :( So most of my Inquisitors are human/elven males, sadly.

I'm in love with the Young Justice cartoon, but I've never actually read any of the comics. Funnily enough, because I consume so much superhero stuff through other forms of media (movies, cartoons, video games, etc) I rarely read actual superhero comics anymore. I'm looking for a new fantasy series to dive deep into, but I'm a bit sick of the same old Medieval European stuff so I'm trying to find something outside that realm, really. But if it's a very distinctive Medieval European fantasy world, I wouldn't mind it.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
  • Sexuality: Gay (but persuasively bi)
  • Nationality: British
  • Music: Alt rock, folk, pop.
  • Profession: Designer/engineer/fabricator
  • Gaming: Don't really play much at all now. Bought a Pro for PSVR only for the novelty to wear off weeks later..!
  • Hobbies: Gym, Electronic disassembly and fixing (yes I enjoy that), 3D printing.

So, I've done it again. Got involved with a guy from another country only for him to buckle under the emotional stress of it all. I don't know what's wrong with me and I'm a bit heart broken from a guy I've never met.

Worst part being there's no resentment so I have nothing to motivate me to move on and forget.

Go out and meet someone he says...you're the perfect guy he says...

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Good result for the same sex marriage poll in Australia. It is non-binding so it won't legalise same sex marriage, but an overwhelming majority voted for yes, 133 out of 150 electorates! Proud of my country for once!

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
  • Sexuality: Gay (but persuasively bi)
  • Nationality: British
  • Music: Alt rock, folk, pop.
  • Profession: Designer/engineer/fabricator
  • Gaming: Don't really play much at all now. Bought a Pro for PSVR only for the novelty to wear off weeks later..!
  • Hobbies: Gym, Electronic disassembly and fixing (yes I enjoy that), 3D printing.
So, I've done it again. Got involved with a guy from another country only for him to buckle under the emotional stress of it all. I don't know what's wrong with me and I'm a bit heart broken from a guy I've never met.

Worst part being there's no resentment so I have nothing to motivate me to move on and forget.

That really sucks, man, but long-range relationships aren't for everybody, sadly. I've known people who can maintain theirs for years, but mine have never lasted for more than a few months, at best. And it's even worse when you fall for someone who's not even on the same continent as you are...

It would help you to reframe that relationship so that you can see it as a success rather than a failure, every single one of your relationships is temporary, they might last a couple hours or a drunken night or they might last a couple decades or until death and you can learn to see everyone of them as good and worth having relationships, so yeah it might hurt that they end and sometimes the end is unexpected but when you look back at them see the good times you had and the way they made you grow and the things you learned that made you a better person so that you can have bigger and better relationships in the future, maybe not measured in length of time but on the happiness and fulfillment they bring you.

Yes, sometimes it's easier to fantasize with what could have been and the opportunities missed and deal with unresolved feelings but closure is something that you give to yourself, not something that is owed to you, so yeah, there is no need to have resentment to mark the end of a relationship, you just need to grieve them and with time move on so that you can be ready for the next opportunity that comes knocking and not let them pass you by.

kaboom987

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, Didn't know resetera had a lgbt thread!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Man
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Canada
  • Where Do You Live? Canada
  • How Old Are you? 23
  • Favourite Type of Music? Pop, Rock, Top 40
  • Profession or Career interest? Government Work
  • Favourite video game(s)? Pokemon, COD, Counter-Strike
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Binge Watching TV, and hanging out with friends really

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
That really sucks, man, but long-range relationships aren't for everybody, sadly. I've known people who can maintain theirs for years, but mine have never lasted for more than a few months, at best. And it's even worse when you fall for someone who's not even on the same continent as you are...

It wasn't even a 'relationship' as such, as in anything official, we never spoke about that. We just hung out on skype a lot, I enjoyed his company, we shared a sense of humour and...well, he was really attractive. Now I'm dissecting it in my head we didn't actually share any hobbies in common, just a sense of humour and that we found each other hot. Not sure if that's ever enough anyway.

It would help you to reframe that relationship so that you can see it as a success rather than a failure, every single one of your relationships is temporary, they might last a couple hours or a drunken night or they might last a couple decades or until death and you can learn to see everyone of them as good and worth having relationships, so yeah it might hurt that they end and sometimes the end is unexpected but when you look back at them see the good times you had and the way they made you grow and the things you learned that made you a better person so that you can have bigger and better relationships in the future, maybe not measured in length of time but on the happiness and fulfillment they bring you.

Yes, sometimes it's easier to fantasize with what could have been and the opportunities missed and deal with unresolved feelings but closure is something that you give to yourself, not something that is owed to you, so yeah, there is no need to have resentment to mark the end of a relationship, you just need to grieve them and with time move on so that you can be ready for the next opportunity that comes knocking and not let them pass you by.

Good advice. I've actually got a fair amount of relationship anxiety I guess, or rather commitment, maybe that's why I jump on long distance when it arises because the pressure seems less (completely flawed logic). We're both non-scene, both closeted, it was just a huge comfort for me. I find meeting guys difficult at the best of times and whilst our meeting was completely random, it also seemed like fate (on a chat roulette, having not done it for years, he said the same.).

In the end he just felt way too invested for there not to be a realistic end game, I however was quite happy to keep my head buried in the sand.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hiya! I'm not very good with introductions, so I'll just leave this here:

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
    • I'm non-binary, born male. I prefer they/their/them.
  • Your sexual orientation?
    • Pansexual.
  • Where Are You From?
    • I'm originally from northeast Tennessee. Lived there for about a total of twenty years.
  • Where Do You Live?
    • I currently live in West Virginia.
  • How Old Are you?
  • Favorite Type of Music?
    • In general, I'd say rock and pop. Some of my favorites are Nightwish, Fall Out Boy, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Linkin Park.
  • Profession or Career interest?
    • I'd rather not answer this one, sorry :(
  • Favorite video game(s)?
    • Oh lord. To name a few, Assassin's Creed, Pokémon, Undertale, and Resident Evil.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
    • In my spare time, when I'm not gaming, I'm usually playing around with my dogs, watching shows like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, reading, or just relaxing with music. Nothing very exciting.
The realization that I'm non-binary came very recently, and my boyfriend is still coming to terms with it. It's been sort of liberating to me though; it's leading me to exploring myself, and learning what I really like and want for myself. It's a little weird to me, but in a good way.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome, everyone. :)

____
It was a very good day in the hours after the marriage equality survey announcement but it's become stressful and a hard day since. People trying to gut current anti-discrimination law with special treatment, knowing that most people around me voted against equality and knowing that it's nowhere near over.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Maybe I should put myself on a Cam to get dem coins to raise funds for mario. Or set up an onlyfans page? I need to play that game ;_;

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Referring to that earlier post regarding gay themed films, I watched "The Pass" last night on Netflix. It wasn't toooo bad I suppose, I'd give it 7/10. It's probably the best I've seen Russell Tovey acting, his character is pretty complex, although I felt the plot was slightly cliche. But anyway, 80% of the film was the two main leads wearing nothing but underwear which was quite a treat for the eyes.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Good result for the same sex marriage poll in Australia. It is non-binding so it won't legalise same sex marriage, but an overwhelming majority voted for yes, 133 out of 150 electorates! Proud of my country for once!

Congratulations to all Australian fellows!!

It may be non-binding, but it's a huge step forward. And the actual government and other political parties cannot ignore the results. Don't give up the fight.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Referring to that earlier post regarding gay themed films, I watched "The Pass" last night on Netflix. It wasn't toooo bad I suppose, I'd give it 7/10. It's probably the best I've seen Russell Tovey acting, his character is pretty complex, although I felt the plot was slightly cliche. But anyway, 80% of the film was the two main leads wearing nothing but underwear which was quite a treat for the eyes.

I started watching this the other day but it was just too much soccer for me. I might resume later. Being in the UK I now have a deep aversion to anything soccer-related. Though one of those guys goes to my gym so that's something.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I just got an unsolicited d-pic. I'm not even mad, because it uses one of those filters teenage girls use for filters, lol, who uses a filter when taking pics of your genitals?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, Didn't know resetera had a lgbt thread!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Man
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Canada
  • Where Do You Live? Canada
  • How Old Are you? 23
  • Favourite Type of Music? Pop, Rock, Top 40
  • Profession or Career interest? Government Work
  • Favourite video game(s)? Pokemon, COD, Counter-Strike
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Binge Watching TV, and hanging out with friends really

Best sprite of Chikorita in your avi. I love the way it looks from the front in Gold, and more importantly, I like the yellow green color scheme more than its actual art color scheme of light green/green.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got an unsolicited d-pic. I'm not even mad, because it uses one of those filters teenage girls use for filters, lol, who uses a filter when taking pics of your genitals?
I never get mad at someone for sending me a dick pic, not because I always want to actually see that pic but just because I don't think it's a big deal. That being said, it sometimes just baffles me that some people will take the ugliest, most unflattering photos of their dicks and then somehow think they look good enough to send to random strangers on a dating app. You've probably seen the kind of pic I mean. Taken with a flash, with a dirty bathroom floor in the background, maybe even with a yellow or blue tint,... The worst part is when someone whom you'd been chatting with and whom you actually like sends you that kind of pic. (It's not that that's a dealbreaker, of course, it's just that it can kind of put a damper on things because they obviously expect a positive reaction to that pic and your only options are to be brutally honest and tell them that they need to up their photography game or to awkwardly lie your way through it and pretend that the pic got you all hot and bothered.)

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My junk pics are always properly lit and at flattering angles. Helps when the model is on his game.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Am I a weird gay for not enjoying dick pics in the slightest? They don't arouse or excite me in any way, I don't find penises all that pleasant to look at in all honesty.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I a weird gay for not enjoying dick pics in the slightest? They don't arouse or excite me in any way, I don't find penises all that pleasant to look at in all honesty.
Nah. Everybody's got their own thing, right?

I'm definitely not into unsolicited pics. I do like dick pictures in the right context. No flacid dongs! :P

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 1000x more interested in your body than just your dick. I gag everytime I get a dick pic of someone sitting on a toilet... like you couldn't have picked a better environment?

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Isolated dick pics are generally gross af. Especially if they're juicy (wet), complete turn off.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A nice dick is a nice dick. I'm cool with it. I'm also cool with a nice ass, a nice face. Whatever is sexy.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I got around to watching last Saturday's episode of Jane the Virgin and got a big surprise when one of the main male characters is casually revealed to be bisexual!

The episode was really good at discussing the topic, And this article explains quite well what I liked about it.

Also hey guys, some of you might recognize me from the other side, though I hadn't posted in the LGBTQIA thread in a while

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also do not appeciate unsolicited dick pics, i am rarely amused by them. I have high dick standards... lol!

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So I got around to watching last Saturday's episode of Jane the Virgin and got a big surprise when one of the main male characters is casually revealed to be bisexual!

The episode was really good at discussing the topic, And this article explains quite well what I liked about it.

Also hey guys, some of you might recognize me from the other side, though I hadn't posted in the LGBTQIA thread in a while

Yeah, I heard about this practically everywhere after the episode aired. Awesome for them. Jane the Virgin is a show that I watched the first few episodes of, really enjoyed, and then never started watching regularly, for some reason. I'll catch up one of these days.

As for gay-themed films, a couple of good ones on Netflix (US) are In the Grayscale (didn't really care for the ending, but it's got a pretty damn good sex scene) and Sex of Angels (started watching it just on a whim and ended up really enjoying it). Note that both of these are foreign-language films, so they're subtitled but still well worth a watch, in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, these films may have been removed from Netflix since I first watched them, which was several months ago.

Last edited:

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
hi LGBT ERA

• gender Male
  • Your sexual orientation Gay
  • Where Are You From Mexico
  • How Old Are you? 25
  • Favourite Type of Music pop, español, pop español; Rock, Instrumental, Game Music.
  • Profession or Career interest? Managment i think
  • Favorite video game(s): Zelda, MarioSurvival Horror games, Action games (GoD, Bayonetta, DMC), RPGS.(Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy)
  • hobbies (other than gaming)? Huh, movies , reading ,i like crime series, tried cooking and boxing many times but never worked :S
  • Also here is a picture for presenting , not the most flattering but i don't think i showed one before so

(heh Gibbs i don't want you to think my pathetic bitching was some request you had already done more than enough! ugh why are you such a good person ♡)
huh the red face doesn't appear ?

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The only way this chat is ending is with us all sending each other our dick pics. It's an inevitability we can't avoid.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Nah. Everybody's got their own thing, right?

I'm definitely not into unsolicited pics. I do like dick pictures in the right context. No flacid dongs! :P
Hmm now that you guys got me thinking about this...

I wouldn't mind if one day someone sent ma a butt pick, is, is that even a thing ? >.>

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very much a butt fella. Pretty much my favorite part, gender be damned.

(I'm also a sucker for beautiful eyes but I guess that's a different conversation lol.)

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't care for unsolicited dick pics either.

huge-tiny-.gif