• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i remember seeing a tree at Target hat was basically just twigs on a stick for over $100.
FU79HFVG33OQ7QC.LARGE.jpg

????

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Plans for weekend?! Going out to bars and hopefully dancing tomorrow. And frienssgiving Saturday. Making my first turkey!! Any advice?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm going to a supposedly very good sichuan food restaurant, and not much else, lol. I mostly want to sleep, this week was crazy :[

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Weekend plans involve staying over at my friend's house tonight whilst drinking and watching TV, I feel like a teenager again having a sleep over.

I need to get my hair cut as well at some point, it doesn't get any more exciting than that!

Crayons

Oct 25, 2017
Does all that crud really work besides the psychological benefit?

I've never really paid any attention to skin care other than using a face wash in the shower and using spot cream on the odd occasion.
YES it does. My face is soft as fuck and very clear. I've been accused of using filters when I haven't before

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
I use some basic beard oil a friend bought me, but otherwise I don't buy any facial wash since they'rez likely to remove oils on faces.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
We didn't make any concrete plans for the weekend. We're going out for dinner tonight. Cinema tomorrow. Going to see Flatliners. Hope it's better than Leatherface we saw last weekend...

But we like hanging out at home as well. Listen to music and read a book or watch lenghty documentaries and then discuss them. I'm also glad my bf can cook. He's very passionate about it. He's basically the whole time in the kitchen during sundays. I can't cook. I think I'm too lazy for it

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
We both cook which works. Though he cleans more than me for sure. I cook, he cleans. We have fun when we're out. Tis all fun

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I clean, that's for sure. I like doing it. And I'm also someone who doesn't break everything while cleaning, unlike him hehe.
So let me do it, please.

Balance is important. We never complain about what the other should do or shouldn't. It just works out well. And yes, always fun involved :p

And the cinema is the only place outside home where we hold hands with each other or lay a hand on each other's leg, or even semi hug :p
We're never touchy outside the house. And it's not because we're a gay couple. I also find it strange when straight couples make out in front of me on the street. Do that at home, sorry :p

Last edited:

cyport

Nov 8, 2017
So I had a chat with this guy who last night who I am falling for but had been sending mixed messages. To cut the long story short he said he is still struggling to come to terms with splitting up with his ex. They were together and lived together for nearly 5 years and he thought he was the one. He said he's not ready for a relationship and it would be unfair for me to wait as he doesn't know if and when he'll be ready and as the very least he wants to continue as friends. I am sad and sad for him too. I need a few days to think.

stone1024

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
So I had a chat with this guy who last night who I am falling for but had been sending mixed messages. To cut the long story short he said he is still struggling to come to terms with splitting up with his ex. They were together and lived together for nearly 5 years and he thought he was the one. He said he's not ready for a relationship and it would be unfair for me to wait as he doesn't know if and when he'll be ready and as the very least he wants to continue as friends. I am sad and sad for him too. I need a few days to think.

Not easy to deal with that kind of stuff... taking a few days to think is a good idea. Being friends can work, but pretty much every situation is unique, so it can be hard to tell beforehand if it's gonna work out. Whatever happens I hope it works out for the best emotionally for you, be that as friends or a possible relationship down the road. In my experience the best relationships start out as friendships, if you don't have that there's not a whole lot to build on.

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
Hi all! Excited to be here!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cisgeneder male
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Washington D.C.
  • Where Do You Live? The District
  • How Old Are you? 29
  • Favorite Type of Music? No specific type, but Radiohead/Bowie/Bjork/Robin/Madonna and......Taylor Swift
  • Profession or Career interest? I work at a consulting firm
  • Favorite video game(s)? Kiseki and other RPGs, and Nintendo
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Reading, beer and cocktails, coffee, running, hiking, politics, and Chinese politics/culture

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Got about four hours sleep last night and now I feel like shit today. Having a sleep over with work friends is not a good idea at my age.

a stray cat

Nov 13, 2017
Bay Area
Hi all
  • Your gender: male
  • Your sexual orientation: gay
  • Where Are You From: socal
  • Where Do You Live: norcal
  • How Old Are you: 30ish
  • Favorite Type of Music: vidya I guess? I like music.
  • Profession or Career interest: Graphics programming
  • Favorite video game(s): FFT, This year: BotW, Odyssey, Fortnite BR, Destiny 2
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming): Reef fish tank

Kapus

Oct 27, 2017
Under your bed
Hiiii I discover this thread o/

Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
Transgal
Your sexual orientation?

Pansexual
Where Are You From?
native american from the Caribbean!
Where Do You Live?
Texas
How Old Are you?
Old enough to be out past midnight
Favorite Type of Music?
I do not have a definite favorite, but I never say no to jazz or classical pieces.
Profession or Career interest?
Art, some game design.
Favorite video game(s)?
Nin-ten-doh
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
Ummm primarily art! I'm into astronomy too though and I often spend time stargazing.

Hi to all my fellow queers! \o/

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cis male (androgynous gender expression though)
  • Your sexual orientation? Hetero
  • Where Are You From? Lima Peru
  • Where Do You Live? Lima Peru
  • How Old Are you? 19
  • Favorite Type of Music? So many, lets just say Bowie and Kendrick for now
  • Profession or Career interest? Journalism and/or History
  • Favorite video game(s)? Majoras Mask
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing poetry, reading, watching shows about history

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Going for the weekend yo a small city close-minded really sucks for the lgbt.
I spent the weekend in my hometown. There are no gay bars, very few gay-friendly bars with nearly all costumers being straight. All people Inside the closet. And if you connect to grindr, everybody starts writing massively to you.

I'm on my way back to Barcelona now, my current place. I feel that I belong there much more than my birthplace tbh.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
  • Your gender: male
  • Your sexual orientation: gay
  • Where Are You From: Chester, Uk
  • Where Do You Live: Chester, UK
  • How Old Are you: 35
  • Favorite Type of Music: Mixed. Indie, 80s synth / pop
  • Profession or Career interest: I.T website engineer
  • Favorite video game(s): RE7, Nier Automata
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming): reading, occasional gym, drinking with the local crowd

Meicyn

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
for those doing thanksgiving. what's the plan and what you guys feeding me? want to be stuffed 3 ways.
Awaiting a response from a coworker on whether they're cooking a turkey or not. If not, then I will be smoking a turkey for several hours the morning of. Smoked turkey is best turkey. Also considering making some homemade bread, haven't made it in years. Yukon gold mashed potatoes is happening regardless.

On a related note, there was a huge potluck on Friday and I ended up taking home a fully cooked, otherwise untouched turkey still in the oven bag for free. I ended up taking it apart and made turkey alfredo with some of the meat, set the rest of the meat aside, and made some turkey stock with all the unused remains in the pressure cooker last night. I already have a crapload of vegetables but I forgot the barley, so I have to go pick some up after work tomorrow. I plan to make a hearty turkey stew.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Going for the weekend yo a small city close-minded really sucks for the lgbt.
I spent the weekend in my hometown. There are no gay bars, very few gay-friendly bars with nearly all costumers being straight. All people Inside the closet. And if you connect to grindr, everybody starts writing massively to you.

I'm on my way back to Barcelona now, my current place. I feel that I belong there much more than my birthplace tbh.

Yeah, I've experienced this a few times myself (minus the Grindr part). It feels like getting shoved back into the closet all over again, if you're out. It's pretty soul-sucking. :(

And a warm welcome to all the newbies!

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey QueerEra. Been struggling with trying to figure out what to do with my life and making friends in this area hasn't... been particularly too easy. I feel I weird out too many people, sometimes, probably because my personality wouldn't fit in the norm, I suppose? Sigh. Doesn't help I have social anxiety, so that only makes things even more awkward.

Honestly, looking into going back to College, but like, two of the four colleges in the area are Christian run, which as a gay man, makes me... Somewhat uncomfortable, especially living in a somewhat conservative area. We also have NO Community Colleges in the area, due to bullshit local politics. So, realistically, I only feel comfortable with two of the four colleges that are available to me. But even then... $16-24,000 a year is just... Ugh.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hey QueerEra. Been struggling with trying to figure out what to do with my life and making friends in this area hasn't... been particularly too easy. I feel I weird out too many people, sometimes, probably because my personality wouldn't fit in the norm, I suppose? Sigh. Doesn't help I have social anxiety, so that only makes things even more awkward.

Honestly, looking into going back to College, but like, two of the four colleges in the area are Christian run, which as a gay man, makes me... Somewhat uncomfortable, especially living in a somewhat conservative area. We also have NO Community Colleges in the area, due to bullshit local politics. So, realistically, I only feel comfortable with two of the four colleges that are available to me. But even then... $16-24,000 a year is just... Ugh.

If I may ask, where exactly do you live? A lesbian friend of mine who lives in another state was recently lamenting the lack of decent non-Christian colleges in her area as well. I live in Michigan and sometimes take for granted how many universities and community colleges surround me. I don't think that $16-24,000 a year is terrible, compared to what some other colleges charge, but it's still pretty steep.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I may ask, where exactly do you live? A lesbian friend of mine who lives in another state was recently lamenting the lack of decent non-Christian colleges in her area as well. I live in Michigan and sometimes take for granted how many universities and community colleges surround me. I don't think that $16-24,000 a year is terrible, compared to what some other colleges charge, but it's still pretty steep.

I live in Erie, Pennsylvania, if that helps.

As for the college fees, it's honestly really steep for me, simply because of unable to work (or find work, for that matter, which is due to a couple factors working against me), due to mental health reasons and have been on disability for awhile now. I had to drop out of college three weeks in a couple years back, as the stress and feeling of isolation became too much to the point I broke down, horribly. Unfortunately, that one of two colleges that I feel comfortable going to, was one of them where now I'm marked what one would essentially call Academic Probation, which could work against me getting funding. Plus, I feel like I'd be walking on egg shells about how well I'd be performing.

Honestly, I feel really frustrated about this. I did try to get things cleared with the disability office on campus, to have some assistance offered to me, but it was almost a month after I dropped before they contacted me, saying they could offer the services to me. Needless to say, that was way too late, in my experience. Not sure if it was my mental health clinic that held that up for awhile (as they're known to be slow on this unfortunately).

EDIT:
<snip>

Happy Thanksgiving y'all

That looks absolutely delicious! :o

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I always feel like we're missing out a little bit in the UK not having thanks giving, always looks like a great opportunity to eat delicious food and get drunk, but then I suppose that's what Christmas is for..

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving y'all

Fuck outta here with your nice food and apparently healthy lifestyle full of good friends. We're Gay, and everyone knows that gays are miserable.

For real, tho. Absolutely jelly. That turkey looks great.

I've had no light for two months. My house is still not even half repaired. Honestly, can a man just like...be perfect and swoop me away from this mess?

I'm good most days, I promise.