• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Get a 7 or 7.5 to be safe. I proposed last year and was in the same quagmire lolol. I got a 6 and it was too small but he wore it on his pinky till it was refitted. It also depends on his size. A bigger taller guy is probably going to need a 8.5 or 9.

Just make sure you cab get free resizings.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Get a 7 or 7.5 to be safe. I proposed last year and was in the same quagmire lolol. I got a 6 and it was too small but he wore it on his pinky till it was refitted. It also depends on his size. A bigger taller guy is probably going to need a 8.5 or 9.

Just make sure you cab get free resizings.

Cool, thank you. We don't want expensive rings or anything and the place I'm buying it from will allow you to exchange it withing 30 days so we shouldn't have a problem there. It is just so hard to be sneaky with this!

AbbaZabba

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys and gals, unfortunately sorta serious question here.

I was approached by a co-worker whose relative is in the classic hell: his parents are extremely homophobic, he's in the closet, and he's getting old enough that the straws are beginning to break the camel's back, as it were.

Are there any good support resources that you would recommend? It sounds like he doesn't have anyone to talk to about his situation.

reineke

Jun 2, 2018
Vienna
I think anything to assure him that he is not alone and that it does get better, trite as that might sound, can be invaluable. Showing him places like this and websites and other places specifically for us, maybe your coworker can find a way to let him stay a night at their place or whatever. Show him support and, if possible, give him room to breathe and express himself.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everybody! Came out as bi yesterday and still coming to grips with my newly-realized identity. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in to your wonderful community.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? — Male (He/Him)
  • Your sexual orientation? — Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? — United States
  • Where Do You Live? — Irvine, CA
  • How Old Are you? — 34
  • Favorite Type of Music? — Sort of jumps between rap, metal, punk, dream pop, indie pop, indie rock, and others, at will.
  • Profession or Career interest? — Technical Writer (Been doing it for six years and would love to make it a long-term if I can move into a Senior role. Otherwise I do creative writing and hope to publish a novel soon)
  • Favorite video game(s)? — World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Terraria, Minecraft, way too many more to list
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? — Writing, Gunpla, shitty digital art, kind-of-okay pixel art, web design, game design

reineke

Jun 2, 2018
Vienna
I'm new on the forum and figured after having already posted around a little all over the place, I may as well use this thread properly and fill this out.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?) - Female (She/Her)
  • Your sexual orientation? - homosexual, lesbian
  • Where Are You From? - Austria
  • Where Do You Live? - Vienna
  • How Old Are you? - 28, 29 soon
  • Favorite Type of Music? - rock, punk, but I am not as into music as a lot of other people, some stuff I like, a lot I dislike, but I really appreciate silence, so I don't often listen to music
  • Profession or Career interest? - educator, lecturer, etc.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - I've always been into city builders and the like, especially the old Sierra ones, so if I had to name a single favourite, it might be Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, definitely recommend it
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - writing, roleplaying, reading, cooking, eating, discussing and dissecting shows, books, news and movies with friends

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
Hi everybody! Came out as bi yesterday and still coming to grips with my newly-realized identity. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in to your wonderful community.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? — Male (He/Him)
  • Your sexual orientation? — Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? — United States
  • Where Do You Live? — Irvine, CA
  • How Old Are you? — 34
  • Favorite Type of Music? — Sort of jumps between rap, metal, punk, dream pop, indie pop, indie rock, and others, at will.
  • Profession or Career interest? — Technical Writer (Been doing it for six years and would love to make it a long-term if I can move into a Senior role. Otherwise I do creative writing and hope to publish a novel soon)
  • Favorite video game(s)? — World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Terraria, Minecraft, way too many more to list
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? — Writing, Gunpla, shitty digital art, kind-of-okay pixel art, web design, game design

I'm new on the forum and figured after having already posted around a little all over the place, I may as well use this thread properly and fill this out.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?) - Female (She/Her)
  • Your sexual orientation? - homosexual, lesbian
  • Where Are You From? - Austria
  • Where Do You Live? - Vienna
  • How Old Are you? - 28, 29 soon
  • Favorite Type of Music? - rock, punk, but I am not as into music as a lot of other people, some stuff I like, a lot I dislike, but I really appreciate silence, so I don't often listen to music
  • Profession or Career interest? - educator, lecturer, etc.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - I've always been into city builders and the like, especially the old Sierra ones, so if I had to name a single favourite, it might be Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, definitely recommend it
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - writing, roleplaying, reading, cooking, eating, discussing and dissecting shows, books, news and movies with friends

Welcome! Hope you both have an enjoyable time with the group!

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Had my first intimate encounter today. Ya boy is finally getting it.

(I also got promoted at work! and tomorrow is my birthday!)

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Hi everyone! I've lurked the site for a long time and decided to sign up this week. Looking forward to being here.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)-male, cis, he/him
  • Your sexual orientation?-gay
  • Where Are You From?-louisiana
  • Where Do You Live?-louisiana
  • How Old Are you?-28
  • Favorite Type of Music?-prog rock
  • Profession or Career interest?-graphic designer-print-focused on typography and layout design, some web experience. i have a BFA but my dream is to own a bakery
  • Favorite video game(s)?-halo, dark souls, overwatch
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?-baking, going to concerts, swimming, reading, comics

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
Had my first intimate encounter today. Ya boy is finally getting it.

(I also got promoted at work! and tomorrow is my birthday!)

Best week ever! Oh, and congrats on the sex! Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone! I've lurked the site for a long time and decided to sign up this week. Looking forward to being here.
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)-male, cis, he/him
  • Your sexual orientation?-gay
  • Where Are You From?-louisiana
  • Where Do You Live?-louisiana
  • How Old Are you?-28
  • Favorite Type of Music?-prog rock
  • Profession or Career interest?-graphic designer-print-focused on typography and layout design, some web experience. i have a BFA but my dream is to own a bakery
  • Favorite video game(s)?-halo, dark souls, overwatch
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?-baking, going to concerts, swimming, reading, comics

Welcome! =) Baking ftw!

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, everyone. Having a rough week. Just now have any touch with the outside world. locked out of my accounts because my password is too good and i can't remember them. Stuck in a mental hospital because I tried to take my life again. This is the last time though. I don't want to die anymore, I am tired of thinking someone else is worth my life, my life is the most important thing in my life. hopefully the doctors will release me tomorrow but expecting Monday. Just wanted to say that I am okay and will be okay. They are prescribing anti depressants and even before they did I decided I would never do it again. Someone has been driving me to commit suicide and i am cutting them out of my life. I also wanted to say that if anyone reading this is even thinking of doing it, don't. It's not worth it, get help like I am. See you all soon on the discord and don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I want a pride avatar!!!!! I can't remember who did them in the place that shall not be named.

reineke

Jun 2, 2018
Vienna
Hi, everyone. Having a rough week. Just now have any touch with the outside world. locked out of my accounts because my password is too good and i can't remember them. Stuck in a mental hospital because I tried to take my life again. This is the last time though. I don't want to die anymore, I am tired of thinking someone else is worth my life, my life is the most important thing in my life. hopefully the doctors will release me tomorrow but expecting Monday. Just wanted to say that I am okay and will be okay. They are prescribing anti depressants and even before they did I decided I would never do it again. Someone has been driving me to commit suicide and i am cutting them out of my life. I also wanted to say that if anyone reading this is even thinking of doing it, don't. It's not worth it, get help like I am. See you all soon on the discord and don't worry about me, I'll be fine.
Good for you on making it through that and taking the right steps. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm a stranger, but sometimes that's good.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

What a scary turn of events. I'm glad to hear you're still with us and also in a better place dude. <3

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia

Ah no I am so sorry to hear about this Thequietone. I remember you discussing this on Discord. I've been thinking about you and was wondering if you were ok.

You are important and I hope you truly know that. Getting put on meds may be a wonderful thing to help balance out the imbalance that your brain is having. This person is not worth it and you are better off without them. This shows how strong and amazing you are, and you will make it through this.

Wishing you the absolute best and remember my inbox is open on Discord and here if you need anything. So happy to hear you are ok though. Sending thoughts and <3.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Ah no I am so sorry to hear about this Thequietone. I remember you discussing this on Discord. I've been thinking about you and was wondering if you were ok.

You are important and I hope you truly know that. Getting put on meds may be a wonderful thing to help balance out the imbalance that your brain is having. This person is not worth it and you are better off without them. This shows how strong and amazing you are, and you will make it through this.

Wishing you the absolute best and remember my inbox is open on Discord and here if you need anything. So happy to hear you are ok though. Sending thoughts and <3.
Good for you on making it through that and taking the right steps. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm a stranger, but sometimes that's good.

What a scary turn of events. I'm glad to hear you're still with us and also in a better place dude. <3
Thanks everyone. Ill keep it in mind about the help. not much to do now but to wait. the docs just want to make sure the meds are working before releasing me. And yes the person isn't worth it. they hurt me really badly.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks, reineke Gibbs Manipular and Pringles! I've been riding such a high these past few days. It honestly feels so good having that first time out of the way. I mean, there's still a lot I haven't done obviously, and I'll still be a little nervous, but actually finally putting myself in that vulnerable position felt liberating. I think this will be a fun summer! lmao

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
Going to vent. Been using grindr to meet guys and it's been a mixed bag. What really rustles my jimmies is the times I've been stood up, and they don't have the decency to inform you. Guys who seem interested and give all the signals that it's a go, then you ask when can we meet up and they just don't respond. Shit is annoying as fuck. Thought dating and hooking up would be much simple and no hassle, boy was I wrong.

px9hzPK.gif

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Good news. The nurses think I'll be released tomorrow as I am no longer listed as acute and that means they have no legal hold over me and won't be paid if they keep me longer. I can't wait to see my friends and family. I just hope that I won't get my hopes up and have them smashed tomorrow.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Sub Boss: Beating yourself up is not necessary. You realized your error. Now, make amends to the person you wronged if you can, and just don't repeat the same behavior.
Self-flagellating yourself won't do you any good.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be released tomorrow morning. So grateful to be leaving soon. I can't wait to be free again and live my life like I want to, free of my depression.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
I dont know where to post this, but I have to get the feeling out of my chest and I dont want to dig up old thread.

I just watch Love, Simon three days ago.

I'm feeling depressed ever since. Simon lives a life that has everything I desire. I wish that I can be brave and lucky like him. I envy him, I feel so frustrated with myself. I know the film is just fiction but...

I dont know to proceed with life now. Never in my head I imagine that a film can affect me that much.

:(

reineke

Jun 2, 2018
Vienna
Heroicpiglet Hey, don't be down. The movie goes to show that none of us are alone, just as this thread shows it. There is a future for you too and if you want your life to be different, you can make changes.

Maybe you can't be just like Simon - I don't know if you are in the position to be out etc. - but you can find spaces, such as here, where you can be yourself, express yourself and be proud of who you are.

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
I dont know where to post this, but I have to get the feeling out of my chest and I dont want to dig up old thread.

I'm feeling depressed ever since. Simon lives a life that has everything I desire. I wish that I can be brave and lucky like him. I envy him, I feel so frustrated with myself. I know the film is just fiction but...

I dont know to proceed with life now. Never in my head I imagine that a film can affect me that much.

Simon had the chance to be the teenager that many of us wanted to be.

Even if we can't go to that time anymore, you can try to have a life when you can be true to yourself, one little bit at the time. Eventualy you will find people that will accept you for who you are.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope everyone is giving themselves a little self care today. I've been thinking about Pulse and how things have and haven't changed since then. I feel like I carry an emotional weight about it with me, so I'm taking time today to reflect on things and just treating myself right for today and letting myself feel everything.

BennyBeGoode

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Hey everone! Happy pride month :)

Next week I'll be in New York and it will be my first time ever to travel a city alone. NYC Pride will also be next week and I hope to find some new friends, so I won't be super alone.
Anyone from Era there too?

Jan 7, 2018

I sort of know how you feel, man. Watching the movie, all I could think about was how much I wanted my life to have been like that. It did have a better effect on me, though. Ever since I watched it, I've been wanting to come out, but I'm too timid for that.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Thank you for all the kindness. Yesterday I just start to assume that the film is a little too perfect and unrealistic. That thought makes me feel better now (yeah I know that sounds super petty :D)

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the kindness. Yesterday I just start to assume that the film is a little too perfect and unrealistic. That thought makes me feel better now (yeah I know that sounds super petty :D)

Not petty at all. This is the same sort of problem I had with Facebook, and why I ultimately left the site. All you see is people you know showing off the perfect (or seemingly perfect) parts of their life. I couldn't help but compare myself to them and that was something that just exacerbated my depression and anxiety. Taking a step back (and going on better meds) made me realize it was super unhealthy, so I cut it out. Was a good change and I don't miss it one bit.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everone! Happy pride month :)

Next week I'll be in New York and it will be my first time ever to travel a city alone. NYC Pride will also be next week and I hope to find some new friends, so I won't be super alone.
Anyone from Era there too?

Not from there, but I just visited like two weeks ago. I was with a friend, but I did go off on my own on occasion. It's not so bad though if you're doing public transportation, you'll want to make sure your phone is charged and have a google maps plan first until you get a hang of the layout and how the subway works.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I came to the realization I was having the same problem with social media when I watched "Ingrid Goes West". I quit facebook, and I mostly follow artists and makeup blogs on instagram and twitter. I'm way happier online lately!