• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh Im falling for a guy. RIP hooker days

Lol whenever I feel that way I listen to "I won't say I'm in love" from Hercules.

I dunno what changed recently, but for the first time since I began dating, people are asking me out, which feels much better than the other way around.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I had a similar situation when I came out too. I'm not flamboyant at all, and a lot of people think I'm straight and I need 'girlfriend'. Lol🤦‍♂️ I never fit into the community either, and always felt like a black sheep. I thought I wasn't 'normal' cause I didn't act like the other gay men, but soon realized that's not the case at all. But, the way films and tv shows portray gay men is usually always flamboyant but they don't seem to realize is there are all kinds of gay men. And, I firmly believe they should all kinds of them should be shown in ads, tv shows and films. So people become more aware of the differences and not generalize about how all gay men are 'flamboyant'.
Yup, pretty much like me.
Personally my queerness is a huge part of my identity, because it's a huge part of who I am as a person and what made me into the person I am today. My homosexuality informs a lot about my life, like the relationships and decisions I make, my outward presentation, even the media I consume. To claim that my queerness is something "other" or that is not part of my identity is a disservice to those who came before, some of whom gave their lives that I could live in a country where I am not actively pursued or killed for a facet of my being that I cannot change. There are a lot of people in the world who cannot say the same. I embrace my gayness not just for myself, but for the past, present, and future of humanity. Tbh I'd find it a huge insult to be mistaken for just another straight person, because that invalidates so much of who I am as a person. But not everybody can take this stance because of personal situations, sometimes being outed can have huge implications on a person's life, which I get, so I get it, but that's not ever a closet I want to go back into.
That's totally fair, everyone views their own sexuality in different ways. I'm not ashamed of it (well, for the most part, still working on things), I'm super out to all my friends and fam. It's just as a big a part of my personality I suppose.

Plus it's fun to see the shocked reactions when I do tell people I'm queer haha. Me and my ex we're both "straight passing" and I loved holding his hand in public for that reason :)

Edit: okay for example, I just booted up Instagram. This girl I went to HS with is now queer, and gender queer. From what I can gather her entire life, identity, friend groups, activities, career etc revolve around that part of her. I think that's great for her, but it's not for me. I'm so much more than my sexuality.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I decided to join a gym. I hope that this time I'll go regularly and hopefully see some progress. It's hard to stay motivated, but doing nothing won't bring me anything, and I'm done feeling mopey.
I don't want the perfect body, just to feel a little better and get back in shape, because I want to live a healthier lifestyle instead of letting me go. I want to do several things, and getting back in shape is one of them. One step at a time, but I hope to reach my goals one by one.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this a good thing?
Not really when I usually expect the worse from everyone. Never been into proper dates and most guys just hook up once or twice then disappear.
Lol whenever I feel that way I listen to "I won't say I'm in love" from Hercules.

I dunno what changed recently, but for the first time since I began dating, people are asking me out, which feels much better than the other way around.
Lol I just don't like the feeling of liking someone as much as I do now because I always expect things to go south. I mean the guy is showing the same interest and all and we made out a lot between 5 hours and we couldnt stop talking about different things and him being so sweet to me and all. Meh I'm trying my best to keep my hopes down lol

On a more exciting note I've been trying to set up this threesome with a cute couple... Hopefully it happens tonight 😁
Hope you have fun and keep us updated. ;)

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello.
I haven't really posted in this thread

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cis Man, He/Him
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Philippines
  • Where Do You Live? Philippines
  • How Old Are you? early 20s
  • Favorite Type of Music? idk
  • Profession or Career interest? idk yet
  • Favorite video game(s)? Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Idk, learning japanese maybe?

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Welcome Iloelemen!!

Good advice! Getting hurt is one of the worse feelings in the world! Ugh!

Yup, true to that, and sometimes we can see in which direction it's going and can prevent it, but i know, it's not always simple... stupid feelings >.>

Isn't this a good thing?
Yeah!! I've thought the same, it would be better to be a robot without any feelings at all hahah.

Thanks for the advice guys!! Will try to meet him and see how things go.
I don't want to get hurt but also don't want to lose him... why things are so complicated... sigh

Mar 4, 2019
Welcome Iloelemen!!

Yeah!! I've thought the same, it would be better to be a robot without any feelings at all hahah.

Thanks for the advice guys!! Will try to meet him and see how things go.
I don't want to get hurt but also don't want to lose him... why things are so complicated... sigh
Best of luck.

Hello.
I haven't really posted in this thread

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cis Man, He/Him
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Philippines
  • Where Do You Live? Philippines
  • How Old Are you? early 20s
  • Favorite Type of Music? idk
  • Profession or Career interest? idk yet
  • Favorite video game(s)? Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Idk, learning japanese maybe?
Welcome!

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
On a more exciting note I've been trying to set up this threesome with a cute couple... Hopefully it happens tonight 😁

What part will you take in it?

I'm mostly a top, and i had a few threesomes, but i don't know, mostly i have to restrict myself, cause there is the third guy on the other side, and i have to think about him too, can't throw the bottom around, press him on the ground and do what i want, so i can't say i enjoy it always. But i had once a threesome with two guys who both bottomed that night, that was nice tho!

ps: i don't think we would mind seeing some pics of your event :D

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What part will you take in it?

I'm mostly a top, and i had a few threesomes, but i don't know, mostly i have to restrict myself, cause there is the third guy on the other side, and i have to think about him too, can't throw the bottom around, press him on the ground and do what i want, so i can't say i enjoy it always. But i had once a threesome with two guys who both bottomed that night, that was nice tho!

ps: i don't think we would mind seeing some pics of your event :D
It was fun, but we didn't go that far. I didn't know em too well so I wasn't comfortable with that just yet. I've only bottomed for my ex and it took me a minute to get there. It's a very vulnerable position I've discovered.

Still had fun though :)

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It was fun, but we didn't go that far. I didn't know em too well so I wasn't comfortable with that just yet. I've only bottomed for my ex and it took me a minute to get there. It's a very vulnerable position I've discovered.

Still had fun though :)

I see, good for you, don't force yourself. Try to get to know them a bit more, then you should feel more comfortable, cause by then you have developed some level of trust.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I got mine on my car lmao
I feel like it is going to throw me into a dysrhythmia. Granted I don't get much out of it as a top.

I've been offered them a lot of times during sex, but always said no for one reason or another. This time, I just said "fuck it" and gave it a go. I was topping, but I've heard they're even better when bottoming and now I can't wait to try lol.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
regained about 20lbs over the past year or so. Blah. I feel like a teenager again with all the body image issues that's starting to pop up again lol. Losing the weight for a second time is really hard

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I was just thinking "I wonder if Era has a gay thread".
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?) Non-binary, she/they. AMAB.
  • Your sexual orientation? Pan.
  • Where Are You From? Scotland.
  • Where Do You Live? Scotland 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • How Old Are You? I'm old.
  • Favorite Type of Music? Pounding techno that gives me a headache. Also Soulsborne OSTs.
  • Profession or Career interest? Ask me later.
  • Favorite video game(s)? This changes every week, but right now I'm in love with Nier Automata, Nioh and the Naruto Storm games.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I like writing (though I never post it anywhere) and I make an OC for every series I get into. I like disassembling tech and photographing everywhere I visit.
Anyway, I had a bit of a question, admittedly a bit of a dark one:

Has anyone else went back in the closet IRL, either willingly or unwillingly? I've been around family a lot lately so I've had to cut my hair, rub away the makeup and wear ugly clothes. It's extremely disheartening especially when the alternative is worse.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
regained about 20lbs over the past year or so. Blah. I feel like a teenager again with all the body image issues that's starting to pop up again lol. Losing the weight for a second time is really hard

I feel you. It's so tough. I was in the tub crying for like an hour tonight because I'm such a goddamned blob

afterwards I just had to sit down and kinda do this thing I do where I remind myself I'd never in my wildest dreams say the things I say to myself to another person. Why do we allow ourselves to be so hard on ourselves? Hopefully you find a way to be comfortable with yourself and lose the weight you want to lose.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

Has anyone else went back in the closet IRL, either willingly or unwillingly? I've been around family a lot lately so I've had to cut my hair, rub away the makeup and wear ugly clothes. It's extremely disheartening especially when the alternative is worse.
Ugh, I'm sorry about that. Hope you can be free of that soon :(

And I guess I do compromise my self when visiting parents (though obv not to the same degree as someone in your situation)...er, at least they dont know the *extent* of how I present myself when they're not around.

I did suddenly come visit with painted nails and they either didnt notice or care to comment, though 🤔

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Tried some poppers for the first time over the weekend. Shit was wild.
I feel like it is going to throw me into a dysrhythmia. Granted I don't get much out of it as a top.

Poppers as a Top does not much for me, sometimes even makes me lose my erection. But few weeks ago i was bored at home, smoked some weed and took poppers, and dear lord shit went crazy down there, for first time i enjoyed playing with myself as a bottom XD.

Ohh, i'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind telling us more about your situation?

I had times where i kinda had to go back into a closet, but mostly when i start a new job, but that was in my younger years, like over 10 years ago, and it's not a good feeling. Can't imagine how it must be for you to do it because of your family :/.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
I feel you. It's so tough. I was in the tub crying for like an hour tonight because I'm such a goddamned blob

afterwards I just had to sit down and kinda do this thing I do where I remind myself I'd never in my wildest dreams say the things I say to myself to another person. Why do we allow ourselves to be so hard on ourselves? Hopefully you find a way to be comfortable with yourself and lose the weight you want to lose.

Thanks! Sometimes I try to be a little kinder to myself but I can't help but feel disappointed for letting myself go, since before that, I worked so hard to achieve my weight loss goals and for that to just get erased actually makes me feel so sad. I wish I wasn't made fun when I was a chubby kid, maybe then I wouldn't have had these body image issues today haha. Good luck to you too x

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Ohh, i'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind telling us more about your situation?

I had times where i kinda had to go back into a closet, but mostly when i start a new job, but that was in my younger years, like over 10 years ago, and it's not a good feeling. Can't imagine how it must be for you to do it because of your family :/.

I'm "out" to some of my friends, so I can be myself around them, but to the IRLs I've known for longer (and am unfortunately stuck with) AND my family I'm not. The problem is they're all ultra-conservative about gender (My brother, who's a trans man, got unperson'd to a 1984 degree) and it's that season where random relatives that nobody knew about keep dying, so I'm around them a LOT.

Even having my hair be jaw-length is "too girly". I've basically had to leap back into the closet even around my other friends.

It sucks.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm "out" to some of my friends, so I can be myself around them, but to the IRLs I've known for longer (and am unfortunately stuck with) AND my family I'm not. The problem is they're all ultra-conservative about gender (My brother, who's a trans man, got unperson'd to a 1984 degree) and it's that season where random relatives that nobody knew about keep dying, so I'm around them a LOT.

Even having my hair be jaw-length is "too girly". I've basically had to leap back into the closet even around my other friends.

It sucks.

I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this, and i'm sorry for your brother. I also had friends/family members who did the same to me, but it was like 15 years ago, but people still doing this in 2019, and in the west part of the world, is just fucking stupid. How is your brother doing?

I don't know exactly what to tell, and it will always be difficult living in that kind of situation, but maybe you should think about moving somewhere else and leaving your family behind? It will be hard, really hard, because we all want our family to love us, but, we have just this one life, and i think you should live freely, as you are, without having to hide, or go back into closet, and if it means you family want like you because of who you are, then so be it, their loss!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
this past week has been rough. My husband's mom has been dealing with cancer since we moved back in 2017 and now she's finishing her radiation next week and going into hospice. My dad died from complications with leukemia about 10 years ago so I've been through this before but I just feel so terrible for the husband. I'm here supporting him, which I don't mind at all obviously, but its just so hard watching him try to be strong during all of this.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
this past week has been rough. My husband's mom has been dealing with cancer since we moved back in 2017 and now she's finishing her radiation next week and going into hospice. My dad died from complications with leukemia about 10 years ago so I've been through this before but I just feel so terrible for the husband. I'm here supporting him, which I don't mind at all obviously, but its just so hard watching him try to be strong during all of this.
I'm so sorry to hear this. *hug* Cancer is an awful, awful thing.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this, and i'm sorry for your brother. I also had friends/family members who did the same to me, but it was like 15 years ago, but people still doing this in 2019, and in the west part of the world, is just fucking stupid. How is your brother doing?

I don't know exactly what to tell, and it will always be difficult living in that kind of situation, but maybe you should think about moving somewhere else and leaving your family behind? It will be hard, really hard, because we all want our family to love us, but, we have just this one life, and i think you should live freely, as you are, without having to hide, or go back into closet, and if it means you family want like you because of who you are, then so be it, their loss!

My brother's doing fine, but he has a large support network and a job that brings in the good money. I, unfortunately, don't particularly have either. While I do have friends, they're mostly on the internet, and moving away (which in itself is a near impossibility) would deprive me of them. Plus making friends when you're well into your 20's and autistic isn't easy.

I appreciate the sentiment though.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Really great, that you are there for him, especially after you have been through a similar experience before. Stay strong, both of you!

My brother's doing fine, but he has a large support network and a job that brings in the good money. I, unfortunately, don't particularly have either. While I do have friends, they're mostly on the internet, and moving away (which in itself is a near impossibility) would deprive me of them. Plus making friends when you're well into your 20's and autistic isn't easy.

I appreciate the sentiment though.

I see, hmm, that's really a difficult situation. I still hope you can find a way to be happy! <3

Inukage

Oct 25, 2017
Down Under
Soo I just had the most insane lucid dream about the person who I've been crushing, he leaned in super close when I was showing him something on my phone, we had a moment and started making out and then later on in the dream confessed their feeling saying you didn't get the hints I was dropping this whole time...

Why couldn't it have been IRL, but holy shit has it put me in a good mood! (thank you brain)

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
There's this LGBT social at my university tomorrow. Never been to one of these things and I only know like one person who might show, but I'm strongly considering dropping by to see who's who.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Soo I just had the most insane lucid dream about the person who I've been crushing, he leaned in super close when I was showing him something on my phone, we had a moment and started making out and then later on in the dream confessed their feeling saying you didn't get the hints I was dropping this whole time...

Why couldn't it have been IRL, but holy shit has it put me in a good mood! (thank you brain)

These virtual experiences are always awesome to have. Congrats!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I just went to a staff event at my job and saw someone I've shared... uh... pictures with on Gridr. Definitely didn't know we worked at the same place. Yikes.

It's nothing that would cause any sort of like issue but it's like "oh god I don't want anyone to know 'that side' of me." so I did my best to avoid being seen lol.

gotshamebell.gif

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I just went to a staff event at my job and saw someone I've shared... uh... pictures with on Gridr. Definitely didn't know we worked at the same place. Yikes.

It's nothing that would cause any sort of like issue but it's like "oh god I don't want anyone to know 'that side' of me." so I did my best to avoid being seen lol.

gotshamebell.gif

This is happening where I work too, he's the grocery manager. I know we've both seen each others profiles because we're avoiding each other like the plague lol.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I feel bad for straight girls cause guys fucking suck shit

Second time I had sex with a guy ever was last night and I told him how the first guy was rude and made me feel crappy

I let him smoke my weed and he uses my condoms that I bought, we have sex and I enjoy it but he cums multiple times and doesnt try to get me off then leaves shortly after. Then I text him and he responds and all seems well and then hr unmatches with me this morning

What the fuck

Makes me feel like complete fucking garbage. Idec if we never meet again, why unmatch

Fuck

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Update: now i feel even shittier and im getting paranoid about stds

Should I be worried even though it was with condoms

Should i be on prep

I was high so im also worried something may have happened that i wasnt aware of and thats why he ghosted me

Note to self: never use grindr for hookups again since it's 0/2 so far. I should just stick to real life shit

Ugh god dammit

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Update: now i feel even shittier and im getting paranoid about stds

Should I be worried even though it was with condoms

Should i be on prep

I was high so im also worried something may have happened that i wasnt aware of and thats why he ghosted me

Note to self: never use grindr for hookups again since it's 0/2 so far. I should just stick to real life shit

Ugh god dammit
Hello Psychoward,

Alright: breathe. It can be a stressful situation, but overthinking only lead to driving yourself crazy.

If you used condoms: you will be fine, as they protect you from most STDs. I say most, because some STDs are transmitted by mere skin contact, such as Herpes and the Human Papillomavirus (HPV).

As it needs to be said: while it seems to be rather rare ("seems" because finding tangible data on the subject can be quite difficult), you can catch HIV through fellatio (especially if you have some wounds if your mouth, therefore facilitating the virus transmission), since pre-seminal fluid carries the virus. Therefore, keep in mind that fellatio is not a safe-sex practice if used without condoms.

I advise you to do a full STD/STI check-up in 6 weeks. HIV can't be detected before that. If you do an HIV test in 6 weeks and it comes back negative, you will be fine on that front. You will need to do an additional test 6 weeks after that (ie. 12 weeks from the sexual encounter) to be 100% sure, but IIRC the first test after 6 weeks is reliable enough.

It bears repeating: the hardest thing will be to not drive yourself crazy over this. If you over-analyze every single thing that you think is going wrong with your body, it will drive you insane and lead to a lot of pain and anguish. Don't do that. Easier said than done for most people, but what is done is done, and you can actually make yourself sick by anguishing over this.

Now, if you have some sudden rash on your genitals, you may want to go see your doctor.

The thing is, since it is a hook-up, you can't know if he had, or has, any STDs. If you wore condoms, you should be fine. If you didn't and took a risk, you need to go see your doctor ASAP and talk with him about the safest course of action. Unless you know for certain that your partner was HIV positive I don't think they will put you on the post exposition treatment (which is different from PREP: PREP is a preventive measure, whereas there is a separate post exposition treatment which must be taken not later than 48 hours after the risk and which will last for a full month). It really depends on the risk taken.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hello Psychoward,

Alright: breathe. It can be a stressful situation, but overthinking only lead to driving yourself crazy.

If you used condoms: you will be fine, as they protect you from most STDs. I say most, because some STDs are transmitted by mere skin contact, such as Herpes and the Human Papillomavirus (HPV).

As it needs to be said: while it seems to be rather rare ("seems" because finding tangible data on the subject can be quite difficult), you can catch HIV through fellatio (especially if you have some wounds if your mouth), since pre-seminal fluid carries the virus. Therefore, keep in mind that fellatio is not a safe-sex practice if used without condoms.

I advise you to do a full STD/STI check-up in 6 weeks. HIV can't be detected before that. If you do an HIV test in 6 weeks and it comes back negative, you will be fine on that front. You will need to do an additional test 6 weeks after that (ie. 12 weeks from the sexual encounter) to be 100% sure, but IIRC the first test after 6 weeks is reliable enough.

It bears repeating: the hardest thing will be to not drive yourself crazy over this. If you over-analyze every single thing that you think is going wrong with your body, it will drive you insane and lead to a lot of pain and anguish. Don't do that.

Now, if you have some sudden rash on your genitals, you may want to go see your doctor.

The thing is, since it is a hook-up, you can't know if he had, or has, any STDs. If you wore condoms, you should be fine. If you didn't and took a risk, you need to go see your doctor ASAP and talk with him about the safest course of action. Unless you know for certain that your partner was HIV positive I don't think they will put you on a post exposition treatment (which is different from PREP: PREP is a preventive measure, whereas there is a separate post exposition treatment which must be taken not later than 48 hours after the risk and which will last for a full month). It really depends on the risk taken.
He did use condoms but at the same time like I said, I was high and now I also have no way of contacting him so I'm just hoping that he didn't do anything nefarious. I dont think he did since few people would put as much effort into making sure he had a condom on as he did unfortunately and as far as I could feel he used one, but yeah. Really its the fact that he just straight ghosted that compounds my fear. What a fucking dick.

And the over analyzation is definitely an issue I'm having. He said he was clean and I believed him and we did oral for a total of 25 seconds because he was an idiot who almost made me throw up but yeah

12 weeks though, yeesh. I thought usually it was 14 days after an encounter. But yes lesson learned, no more grindr hookups at least not from people who I havent texted for a few days beforehand.

Any other tips and stuff

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
oh i thought there was like a smell or something
No lol

But yeah he was a dick which is even more depressing since he rambled on about how shitty his first time was and how he didnt wanna repeat that for someone else

Im still paranoid about stds just because I have a shitty immune system though and I feel like every person on grindr is on prep so i missed a memo

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I don't know how much I'll participate, I'm not good at being a member of online communities instead of just lurking and dropping the occasional one off comment but it feels good to type out that I'm into girls, even if it's only to strangers on the internet. I saw the questionaire thing in the op.

• Your gender? Cis girl, she her.

• Your sexual orientation? Lesbian

• Where Are You From? Canada
  • Where Do You Live? Canada

• Favorite Type of Music? I like more modern Folk music a lot. I like a lot of music from various genre's though, you know how it is.

• Profession or Career interest? I want to be an author. Going to look into pursuing relavant education when I go to college that will help me build creative writing skills while still having other fall backs in case the author thing never comes to fruition.

• Favorite video game(s)? Chulip, Which I want to justify: I was once in a situation where I was going to be completely without internet for a week, with nothing to do for that week, and alone. My best friend was out of town, my parents work crazy hours, school was off at the time. Before the internet went out I bought a copy of Chulip off the psn on a whim. It became my week. It was just perfect for the headspace I was in at the time, the free time I had. The lack of internet enhanced the experience because I know I would have used a guide otherwise. It was just perfect. The weird tone and style, the music and atmosphere. I loved poking around and exploring that world, slowly figuring out all the things that can happen in a day and how those things can be affected. The situation I was in with regards to complete boredom and nothing to do even helped me appreciate the aspects of the game that I know would have driven me crazy under normal circumstances, like the amount of patience needed. The simply waiting around for daily events to trigger and all that. I love that game and look back on that week alone with a lot of nostalgia already.

• What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I read, a lot. I also participate in a weekly dnd group which is a good time, which is gaming I guess but I feel like a meaningful distinction from the kind of gaming the question probably meant given this is a video game forum.

So yeah, Hi. We'll see if I post here again but it's nice to know this thread is in this forum anyway, that it'll be there If I want it. Not a lot of gaming spaces online where I can talk about who I am. I see that I wrote more about Chulip than I did myself and I don't know what that says about me really.