• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
They're called EAPs (Employee assistance programs). They are confidential and complimentary third party services, and are provided by employers for the specific purpose of aiding in mental wellness. It's an accessable resource that many people don't know that they have.

It's an avenue to explore.

Oh I read that wrong...like my employer could somehow look up that I called up a suicide or LGBT hotline. Sorry!

It's no big deal if they know I see a mental health person, I'm not just "out" and don't feel safe being out at work. I'll look into that.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
How do you all deal with "On Prep" statuses? I never have sex without a condom, unless I'm with the person for longer.

There are many guys nowadays who are on prep and want to do bare. But prep only reduces the chance of getting HIV, but not the other STD's.
So I still don't understand why "On Prep" automatically means "bare"

Even if you're on prep, I won't go bare.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
How do you all deal with "On Prep" statuses? I never have sex without a condom, unless I'm with the person for longer.

There are many guys nowadays who are on prep and want to do bare. But prep only reduces the chance of getting HIV, but not the other STD's.

Yeah, I only do bareback with guys I know and trust, either boyfriends or long-term FWBs. It's shocking how many guys I run across that think PreP is some kind of STD multivitamin that protects against everything lol.

But yeah, if we're doing it for the first time, no condom, no dice. If a guy has problem with that, I move on.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I know people who are so risky with STIs now because of prep.

Syphilis is on the rise.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Exactly.
Prep protects you from HIV. But there are so many other STD/STI out there...
And Prep does't protect you from those.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I ended up talking to my friend about what was going on and he was very understanding and supportive, now to just gotta work through these feelings. The most frustrating part still just being that I can't act on them. The fact that I've not had feelings for a man before now don't bother me at all, shit feel just as good as any other times I've caught feels so I can't help but wanna see if it goes anywhere 😭😂

Oh well I'll get over it, only been like a week or two since I figured this all out anyway.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I ended up talking to my friend about what was going on and he was very understanding and supportive, now to just gotta work through these feelings. The most frustrating part still just being that I can't act on them. The fact that I've not had feelings for a man before now don't bother me at all, shit feel just as good as any other times I've caught feels so I can't help but wanna see if it goes anywhere 😭😂

Oh well I'll get over it, only been like a week or two since I figured this all out anyway.

Yeah, crushes that you can't act on suck but you just gotta give it time. At least he knows now and there's no weirdness between you two.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
finally got to go to a new local brewery!

20190724_212922.jpg

yeah they're sideways idgaf

Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys, been a member for over a year but never visited this thread. Just wanted to say hey.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? I identify as both/neither. I was born male so that's fine I guess.
  • Your sexual orientation? Pansexual
  • Where Are You From? Chicago, Illinois
  • Where Do You Live? Suburbs of Chicago
  • How Old Are you? 34
  • Favorite Type of Music? Rock
  • Profession or Career interest? Musician
  • Favorite video game(s) Tons. Metroid series is my favorite, especially the Prime games.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming) Music and exercise/yoga/meditation.

Hope you all are doing well :)

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The abso-fucking-lute state of this:

EAq1dL5WsAEKmCD

I'm just over the border, never thought I'd be tempted to counter-protest a Pride event :/

Edit: Tweet Twitter account was deleted. Queer power.

Last edited:

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
No politics at MY queer pride.

Hi guys, been a member for over a year but never visited this thread. Just wanted to say hey.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? I identify as both/neither. I was born male so that's fine I guess.
  • Your sexual orientation? Pansexual
  • Where Are You From? Chicago, Illinois
  • Where Do You Live? Suburbs of Chicago
  • How Old Are you? 34
  • Favorite Type of Music? Rock
  • Profession or Career interest? Musician
  • Favorite video game(s) Tons. Metroid series is my favorite, especially the Prime games.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming) Music and exercise/yoga/meditation.

Hope you all are doing well :)
Welcome!

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
A Counter Pride(tm) Pride rally is a good idea imo. We basically had one (kinda) two days before EuroPride. Speakers gave some rousing speeches and talked about topics that aren't mentioned or given a big platform to, to be talked about (queer refugees, queer people with disabilities, trans men and women, non-binary folk, pink capitalism).

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Welcome to the thread spacebetween!!

So a few weeks ago a guy caught my eye at the gym and I would like to make contact like start a conversation but without being too obvious, how would you do that??

My confidence isn't the best and don't want to embarrass myself trying to show interest... bear with me lol

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017

So a few weeks ago a guy caught my eye at the gym and I would like to make contact like start a conversation but without being too obvious, how would you do that??

My confidence isn't the best and don't want to embarrass myself trying to show interest... bear with me lol
I have literally the same problem, so I'm definitely not the person to help you lol.

Your predicament reminded me of a time in high school during a tornado drill when, by complete chance, I got to sit next to my crush. Very cute, nice and funny. And we shared a math class together! So, naturally, there I sat in complete silence next to the boy I most desperately wanted to talk too for the duration of the drill, apparently unable to come up with the perfect small talk.

So I know what you what you mean with the confidence problem.😅
That guy wasn't gay, so i knew i couldn't be his bf or whatever, but I really did want to be his friend. I have a hard enough time making friends as it is, so when I want to befriend a person I am also attracted to we seldom get to connect at all.

Anyway, I guess i can say don't worry too much about coming off as too obvious with your interest. I don't think people pick up on that type of stuff as easily as we think they do.

But please try, don't be me during that tornado drill lol. And good luck :)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I have literally the same problem, so I'm definitely not the person to help you lol.

Your predicament reminded me of a time in high school during a tornado drill when, by complete chance, I got to sit next to my crush. Very cute, nice and funny. And we shared a math class together! So, naturally, there I sat in complete silence next to the boy I most desperately wanted to talk too for the duration of the drill, apparently unable to come up with the perfect small talk.

So I know what you what you mean with the confidence problem.😅
That guy wasn't gay, so i knew i couldn't be his bf or whatever, but I really did want to be his friend. I have a hard enough time making friends as it is, so when I want to befriend a person I am also attracted to we seldom get to connect at all.

Anyway, I guess i can say don't worry too much about coming off as too obvious with your interest. I don't think people pick up on that type of stuff as easily as we think they do.

But please try, don't be me during that tornado drill lol. And good luck :)
Not worrying is the most difficult thing for me to do lol I tend to overthink things way too much tbh...
Thanks for the message! I'll try to say "hi" at the very least and don't be a coward hahah. (Don't really know if he's gay though)

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

- Figure out the days/time he's in the gym so you can be there too.
- Make sure he notices you. You don't have to talk to him. Just make sure he notices you.
- Use equipment near him. But still don't talk. Wait longer. Because you don't want to be obvious.
- Just be around him or in his sight. Comfort zone him. In time he will get used to you, and I'm 100% sure you end up talking to each other.

It always works hehe

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
- Figure out the days/time he's in the gym so you can be there too.
- Make sure he notices you. You don't have to talk to him. Just make sure he notices you.
- Use equipment near him. But still don't talk. Wait longer. Because you don't want to be obvious.
- Just be around him or in his sight. Comfort zone him. In time he will get used to you, and I'm 100% sure you end up talking to each other.

It always works hehe
Thanks for the advice!
I've somewhat done with your first point hahah will have to work on the others, I'll post later how things go.

I really hope it works! lol

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Good luck! Even if someone doesn't end up being gay or doesn't seem to be interested in you sexually, it's always nice to get to know new people.

I met many straight guys by approaching them in a reserved way and ended up being friends with them. One even became one of my best friends. He was single when I met him. Now he's married and has a kid. I came out to him much later. But he's cool with that.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Maybe a weird question to ask here... but it is kind of related with my fears of coming out to my father.

Have any of you had problems with embarrasing your family or their friends...? I mean, just the way you are or how you dress? I still live with my parents and my father gets very angry whenever I don't dress conservatively enough, not even pink stuff or stereorypically gay or feminine stuff; just any piece of clothing that is even slightly modern, like backwards caps and stuff like that.

I've already discussed it with him and he always gets very angry, I always reply with the obvious arguments that it is my life and I am already far old enough to decide whatever the hell I want to wear, but he just replies saying we (as my sister who is even older than me faces the same problem...) are being selfish and embarrasing him, his friends and our family members.

I've always rolled with whatever he said because I don't really care either way, but today I guess I associated that with my sexuality and it made me sad to think about it that much. Meh.

Sorry for the stupid and childish rant.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
That sucks.

I was raised in a muslim family. My dad still doesn't know about my sexuality. My siblings and mother do know. They don't have any problems with it.

My oldest brother was a bit bad in the beginning. He didn't want me and my boyfriend to go out in the city we lived in. He was afraid people would see us and would find out about me, that it would be embarrassing for the family.

But I really don't care what others think. And it's not like we were walking with each other hand in hand, or constantly kissing each other.

Don't ever change yourself.

But in the end it also depends where you live and what your situation is. I live in the Netherlands and moved out of my parents' house early.

Maybe you should move out yourself?

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been going through a lot lately, and dyed my hair yesterday 'cause I needed a change/"rebirth." Posted a photo on Sncapchat revealing the new look, and immediately had a gay friend (who doesn't know my problems) message me, "what's the crisis?! are you okay?!" and I just wanna say, I love this community sfm lol.

Of course, I responded with "nothing a little hair dye and vodka can't solve."

OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Maybe a weird question to ask here... but it is kind of related with my fears of coming out to my father.

Have any of you had problems with embarrasing your family or their friends...? I mean, just the way you are or how you dress? I still live with my parents and my father gets very angry whenever I don't dress conservatively enough, not even pink stuff or stereorypically gay or feminine stuff; just any piece of clothing that is even slightly modern, like backwards caps and stuff like that.

I've already discussed it with him and he always gets very angry, I always reply with the obvious arguments that it is my life and I am already far old enough to decide whatever the hell I want to wear, but he just replies saying we (as my sister who is even older than me faces the same problem...) are being selfish and embarrasing him, his friends and our family members.

I've always rolled with whatever he said because I don't really care either way, but today I guess I associated that with my sexuality and it made me sad to think about it that much. Meh.

Sorry for the stupid and childish rant.

I used to worry about what others would say, not just my family.

If a family member ever uses the "think of how our family will look to others" defense, you can safely discard their opinion, IMO. Life is way too fucking short to worry yourself with how others might hypothetically treat your family because you wore a fucking backwards cap. Your parents are adults, and they should (and have to) handle their own damn relationships. You can't (and don't deserve to, especially as a queer person) walk out of the house every day and worry if the shirt or cap you're wearing is going to reflect badly on your parents or family because you are not your parents or your family. You are you.

Fuck em.

I used to worry about that shit too, but there are way too many cool outfits out there for me to wear to stop and think "oh what's my dad gonna think of this?". Dad can kick rocks.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Maybe you should move out yourself?

Can't really move out at the moment, sadly.

I used to worry about that shit too, but there are way too many cool outfits out there for me to wear to stop and think "oh what's my dad gonna think of this?". Dad can kick rocks.

The problem here is that i really do not care about what I wear; like 0%... so when my father goes all moral high ground on my ass he manages to tip me over. As for myself, I seriously do not care what people think of me; let alone my clothes. More worried about how his logic can and will be applied to homsexuality, makes me a little sad and defeated. Guess I should work in standing up for myself or smth.

Meh. It was a weird and childish problem. Thanks for taking the time to answer to you both anyway.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the main reason I haven't come out to most people is because I have this bizarre fear that I don't know myself and I'm wrong about everything. I need more trial studies so I don't have to issue a coming out retraction. >_>

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Being single has been amazing so far. I have been doing so many things I couldn't really do before. Like reading books and gaming whenever I want, and meeting up with friends. My ex hates gaming and he demanded lots of attention.

I've been dating and it has been amazing as well. Met some very nice and hot men. But what I've noticed it that the guys who I find very attractive, end up being top only.
And I can't live with that since I'm more top myself. It's such a shame!! Top/Top action is possible, I did that, but there are many restrictions. I could never be in a relationship with a top only guy. Would never work.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Well I'm over the feelings I had for my friend and am fully out and accepting of the fact I'm bi. Little disheartening to read some of the common issues bisexuals seem to have but as a tall straight passing white dude it's not like I ever have to deal with much, if anything, in the way of discrimination so I feel like I'm not allowed to get upset at stuff like that lol.

All in all though I feel a lot better about myself than I have a long time, like a kinda fog is being lifted from a particular area of my mind? I dunno but either way I'm just glad that certain things make more sense now and that I feel more confident about who I am.

Anyway I dunno how often I'll post in here but I'm already invested enough to keep lurking any new posts that show up so I guess I'll be around.

Edit: to expand a bit before I go back to invisible mode:

• Your gender? Male
  • Your sexual orientation? Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? Bay Area/Seattle
  • Where Do You Live? Reno NV
  • How Old Are you? 37
  • Favorite Type of Music? I can't really pick a single favorite, lots of rap pop synth/electronic/dance 80's emo
  • Profession or Career interest? Art
  • Favorite video game(s)? Metroid, Zelda, MGS, Demons/Dark Souls, GTA, Red Dead, MonHun, Fallout to name a few
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Art/music, cars/motorcycles, movies, weightlifting

Last edited:

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Well I'm over the feelings I had for my friend and am fully out and accepting of the fact I'm bi. Little disheartening to read some of the common issues bisexuals seem to have but as a tall straight passing white dude it's not like I ever have to deal with much, if anything, in the way of discrimination so I feel like I'm not allowed to get upset at stuff like that lol.

All in all though I feel a lot better about myself than I have a long time, like a kinda fog is being lifted from a particular area of my mind? I dunno but either way I'm just glad that certain things make more sense now and that I feel more confident about who I am.

Anyway I dunno how often I'll post in here but I'm already invested enough to keep lurking any new posts that show up so I guess I'll be around.

Edit: to expand a bit before I go back to invisible mode:

• Your gender? Male
  • Your sexual orientation? Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? Bay Area/Seattle
  • Where Do You Live? Reno NV
  • How Old Are you? 37
  • Favorite Type of Music? I can't really pick a single favorite, lots of rap pop synth/electronic/dance 80's emo
  • Profession or Career interest? Art
  • Favorite video game(s)? Metroid, Zelda, MGS, Demons/Dark Souls, GTA, Red Dead, MonHun, Fallout to name a few
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Art/music, cars/motorcycles, movies, weightlifting

Congratulations and welcome to the family. 🌈

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Thank you, it's been an interesting journey getting to this point for sure. Maybe it's just the feeling of having a more solid sense of identity or something but it puts a smile on my face thinking that I'm queer lol.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So, maybe tomorrow I'll see the guy that caught my eye at the gym ane I'll try to have the guts and at least say "hi"...
I know this could be somewhat shallow but ot would be a great step for me lol.

Crosses fingers.

Thank you, it's been an interesting journey getting to this point for sure. Maybe it's just the feeling of having a more solid sense of identity or something but it puts a smile on my face thinking that I'm queer lol.
Congrats!! It's great to feel that way and kinda accept and love yourself for who you are.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This young gay dude started at my office. He's adorable in his shyness and I want to protect him but I don't want him to think I am hitting on him or make him feel uncomfortable or anything. Most gay dudes don't like the corporate construction world. I wish him the best.

OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Being single has been amazing so far. I have been doing so many things I couldn't really do before. Like reading books and gaming whenever I want, and meeting up with friends.

This is just a general thing, not aimed at you, Kismet.

Please, please, please, please do not date people who you feel restrict you from fucking reading a book. If that ever happens, please just sever from them immediately because it's not going to get better. Any partner who won't allow you to be your own person isn't worth your time or emotional investment.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Nice! Glad meeting up went well and that you watched movies and played Scrabble (TOTALLY what "maybe did a little more than watch movies" meant!) :P

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys I need some advice.

I've been with a guy for a short period of time back in 2017. Prob 3 months, it was fun and whatnot, physically and emotionally Then we stopped talking and meeting for reasons. I reached out last year (2018) and wished him a happy bday but he didn't seem interested in continuing the conversation, so I stopped.

4 days ago he texted me then we begun talking and whatnot, wished him a goodnight then said "ill text you tomorrow" then the next day comes and I send "hi, how's it going", and I haven't gotten any response from him. Should I text one more time? If yes then what should I send? I like to believe we'll be cool as friends but I'm not sure he feels the same. It's been 2 days since my last text, should I just ignore and move on?

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys I need some advice.

I've been with a guy for a short period of time back in 2017. Prob 3 months, it was fun and whatnot, physically and emotionally Then we stopped talking and meeting for reasons. I reached out last year (2018) and wished him a happy bday but he didn't seem interested in continuing the conversation, so I stopped.

4 days ago he texted me then we begun talking and whatnot, wished him a goodnight then said "ill text you tomorrow" then the next day comes and I send "hi, how's it going", and I haven't gotten any response from him. Should I text one more time? If yes then what should I send? I like to believe we'll be cool as friends but I'm not sure he feels the same. It's been 2 days since my last text, should I just ignore and move on?
I went through something simillar some time ago and I would advice you to ignore him and move on (specially if he doesn't show interest at all or answers often)

It's not worth investing time on someone if it's not mutual.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Hey letters era

I'm in a bit of an emergency. My friend just had unprotected sex with someone HIV positive and he doesn't have any idea what to do. He doesn't have insurance and he's also undocumented so he's not certain if he can go to an ER. If you guys have any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Hey letters era

I'm in a bit of an emergency. My friend just had unprotected sex with someone HIV positive and he doesn't have any idea what to do. He doesn't have insurance and he's also undocumented so he's not certain if he can go to an ER. If you guys have any advice I'd really appreciate it.
Your friend could try to call Planned Parenthood if there's one around and ask if there's a cost. The post-exposure prophylaxis, PEP, needs to be started within 3 days (72 hours) of possible exposure.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not able to speak to this specific experience, but I do think that the material conditions of our culture are making our understanding of our place in society more schizophrenic or discontinuous. Like the 'freedom' and rapid cyclical nature of consumerism and the separation of politics from our daily lives is making us more preoccupied and incapable of or hopeless about identifying the ills of our society. Like if you have no coherent social narrative and are habitually self-medicating your anxiety with escapism I'm sure it's somewhat natural to adopt a 'fuck you, got mine' attitude.

I do think it's slowly changing, though. Like you go back to the 90s or early 2000s and everyone seemed a lot more content with a kind of blandly inclusive centrism, whereas now we seem to have more people actively considering a systematic overhaul of society and that kind of project seems somehow a little more possible. But I guess majorities are generally always slow to change or adapt so who knows how long that will take to ripple through elsewhere.

I think it will only get worse and people will grow even more disengaged. I remember when South Africa was living through apartheid and there was actually momentum behind boycotts and movements etc. Now you can have apartheid happening in Israel and hardly anyone gives a shit. It used to make me angry but now I've also disengaged because I don't want to spend my life on this planet getting stressed about things I am powerless to change.

You should watch a documentary called Hypernormalisation if you haven't already. It covers this the current malaise quite well.

I agree. I specifically said Grindr because that's what was mentioned. I dislike those apps. It turns us all into mail-order catalogs. It cheapens (not in a good way) everything.

I would love to try FF XIV. I downloaded the game on PS4 Pro. I'm on the trial. Just can't can't get into a server. They're all full or have a long queue time. Is this the same for players for bought the game?

What server are you on?

As someone with very recent experience with both Grindr and Tinder, god do I feel you. Tons of matches but rarely anyone messages back after a few replies, and the few that do end up being creeps.(And Grindr with the 48 year olds less than a mile away pestering everyday, yuegh)

Dating apps are a special kind of hell where it feels like no one actually wants anything(Or, if they do, it's just a quick fuck but they cant host)

Yeah I don't get why people engage in the process that way. What's the goal of that?

Anyways I think I'm done with Grindr. Sick of talking to Grindr bots and now they have ads that redirect you to the ad landing page automatically. Switched to Scruff and already it feels so much more productive. Had a pretty respectable threesome this weekend which has done wonders to take the edge off ha ha.

Dec 4, 2018
Hey letters era

This is an emergency. If you decide to go to an ER make sure to call first as not many have the protocol for PEP. Please reply to me what city you are in. If by any chance you're in Miami or Ft Lauderdale I can tell you exactly which urgent care to go and where to go to for support undocumented or not. I also have the drug mfg hotline and application links to get the drugs at no cost if they have no insurance regardless of where they are. They will over night them in the event of an emergency like this and provide a coupon for prep to pick up immediately (mfg coupon that makes it free.)

You do not need to go to the ER and note that even if they don't have a clue what PEP is it will be hours before someone tells you that (including a bill from triage.), because people are just assholes and not many places have PEP protocols for the public. There is also a PEP hotline that can direct you to a place.

Reach out to me quick, I'll keep an eye out for your message.

Again, there are emergency protocols from each drug mfg that will get you the medication ASAP cooperation with any clinic or urgent care; along with a hotline number the urgent care can call for instructions. The drugs cost is 4.5Kto 7k, I urge you to contact me ASAP. They can get you Truvada (part 1) same day and the other one or two depending on the treatment overnighted.

Last edited:

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Your friend could try to call Planned Parenthood if there's one around and ask if there's a cost. The post-exposure prophylaxis, PEP, needs to be started within 3 days (72 hours) of possible exposure.
Thanks I've talked about with him.
This is an emergency. If you decide to go to an ER make sure to call first as not many have the protocol for PEP. Please reply to me what city you are in. If by any chance you're in Miami or Ft Lauderdale I can tell you exactly which urgent care to go and where to go to for support undocumented or not. I also have the drug mfg hotline and application links to get the drugs at no cost if they have no insurance regardless of where they are. They will over night them in the event of an emergency like this and provide a coupon for prep to pick up immediately (mfg coupon that makes it free.)

You do not need to go to the ER and note that even if they don't have a clue what PEP is it will be hours before someone tells you that (including a bill from triage.), because people are just assholes and not many places have PEP protocols for the public. There is also a PEP hotline that can direct you to a place.

Reach out to me quick, I'll keep an eye out for your message.

Again, there are emergency protocols from each drug mfg that will get you the medication ASAP cooperation with any clinic or urgent care; along with a hotline number the urgent care can call for instructions. The drugs cost is 4.5Kto 7k, I urge you to contact me ASAP. They can get you Truvada (part 1) same day and the other one or two depending on the treatment overnighted.
And thank you too. I've sent a dm.

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks I've talked about with him.

And thank you too. I've sent a dm.

Info is in your ResetEra mail along with applications for Isentress and Truvada which are currently the most effective PEP treatment (last I heard.) I also sent a link that has all the other drugs that can be included in PEP (if they're prescribed) along with instructions, links, and the process to obtain at reduce/no cost.

Last edited: