• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
gay

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Spotlight Edit: Hello, new friends! Please feel free to drop in and say hello and chat with us! Scroll down this post if you'd like to fill out our ice-breaker questionnaire, and if you're LGBTQ+ and interested in our discord channel, please send me a PM! :) Thanks for reading! <3
Welcome to the dawn of a new era, and the 10th overall iteration of this queer community megathread! All are welcome.​
letters_era.png

Definitions
Lesbian (L): A woman who is primarily attracted to other women | Gay (G): A man who is primarily attracted to other men | Bisexual (B, Bi): A person who is attracted to more than one gender | Pansexual: A person who is attracted to more than one gender, specifically all​
Transgender (T, Trans): The broadest definition defines people who differ from their assigned gender at birth or the gender binary (from the Latin trans: "across", "beyond") | Cisgender: A person whose gender identity aligns with their assigned gender (from the Latin cis: "near side", "this side")​
Queer:​
  1. A person who is not heterosexual or not cisgender (umbrella term, in-group use, reclaimed from a slur)
  2. A person who self-labels to eschew more rigid and traditional labels (in-group use, reclaimed from a slur).
Genderqueer / Non Binary (GQ, NB): Gender identities that fall outside of the binary (umbrella term) | Questioning (Q): A person undergoing self-examination and discovery regarding their sexuality or gender | Asexual (A, Ace): A person who generally does not feel sexual attraction, regardless of celibacy.​
Intersex (I): A person whose primary/secondary sex characteristics do not conform to the sex binary.​

Resources:

LGBTQera Discord (PM me, Sibylus, or Wil348 with your full Discord username, including the # and numbers.)

The Trevor Project | It Gets Better | Trevor Project Hotline 1-866-4-U-TREVOR | GLBT National Youth Hotline: 1-800-246-7743 | GLBT National Hotline: 1-888-THE-GLNH | Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Helpline: 617-267-9001 or Toll-free: 888-340-4528

Ice-breaker Questionnaire (IBQ)

Feel free to answer as many or as few of these questions as you like, but help us get to know you a bit!
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
  • Your sexual orientation?
  • Where Are You From?
  • Where Do You Live?
  • How Old Are you?
  • Favorite Type of Music?
  • Profession or Career interest?
  • Favorite video game(s)?
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
If there are additional links you'd like listen, whether it be to resources or media, please let me know and I'll try to keep this post updated!​
It's nice to be here with you all again.​
<3​

Last edited:

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I only posted once in the old LGBTQ thread like two weeks before [ye olde forum] imploded - so hopefully I be a little more active in this brave new world :)

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So glad to see this thread back, who knows maybe I'll even post here more often (don't hold me to that).

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?
Transfeminine NB
Gray Asexual Lesbian / Aromantic
  • Where Are You From?
Nashville, TN
  • Where Do You Live?
Seattle, WA
  • How Old Are you?
Tie between post-punk and post-hardcore.
I'm a socialite.
Just the whole Ys series.
I perform noise shows, produce burlesque, and maintain a blog.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I only posted once or twice in the original thread, but I'm so happy to be here! I'm crying happy gay tears. Y'all might recognize me as one of the Discord mods, when I'm not doing that I'm just your normal everyday Transgender-Pansexual-Polyamorous girl. Looking forward to getting to know you all <3!

Ooh, this seems like fun:

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Transgender Woman
  • Your sexual orientation? Pansexual
  • Where Are You From? Connecticut / Massachusetts
  • Where Do You Live? Connecticut
  • How Old Are you? 28
  • Favorite Type of Music? Hip-Hop, Electronica, Pop, Indie Pop
  • Profession or Career interest? Illustration
  • Favorite video game(s)? Splatoon / Yakuza / Animal Crossing
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Drawing / Podcasts

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
JrnpZSc.gif

LOVE THE LOGO
My boyfriend has been having me watch Will and Grace so I'll probably be feelin' a bit extra fabulous in the near future and thus might lurk here more.

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaaaaah! I'm so glad this community carried over, I was concerned when I didn't see it originally in the list of communities in the discords earlier. I never posted before because I was too shy but since it's a fresh start, why not. Hi, I'm Casey.

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? - Gender is very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for me but I guess non-binary will do for now.
  • Your sexual orientation? - Pansexual
  • Where Are You From? - Cleveland, Ohio
  • Where Do You Live? - Still Ohio :(
  • How Old Are you? - 23
  • Favorite Type of Music? - Pop, indie, and the related subgenres. I'll try anything once though so feel free to rec me anything.
  • Profession or Career interest? - I want to become a therapist or counselor that specializes in LGBTQIA+ patients/the community but currently I'm just working trash jobs until I get my stuff together more.
  • Favorite video game(s)? - Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil (02), Tomb Raider (96), Animal Crossing, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Yakuza, Ace Attorney, Cook Serve Delicious, and more.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Music is my biggest interest as far as hobbies go. I'm also pretty into film and traveling when I can swing it (which isn't often).

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. First post of mine, woo!

• Your gender? Your sexual identity? Trans girl
  • Your sexual orientation? Pansexual
  • Where Are You From? UK
  • Where Do You Live? UK
  • How Old Are you? 20
  • Favourite Type of Music? I like Gnarls Barkley but also Paul Simon. My taste is all over the place.
  • Profession or Career interest? Game development
  • Favourite video game(s)? Third Strike
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Stressing out about gender feels

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? Male
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? USA
  • Where Do You Live? Texas
  • How Old Are you? 31
  • Favorite Type of Music? Anything really. Favorite stuff to listen to atm is Retrowave,Vaporwave,Darkwave and things like it.
  • Profession or Career interest? Writer.
  • Favorite video game(s)? RPGS, Puzzle and City builders so SMT,Tales,Pokemon,Digimon,Cities Skylines,Panel de Pon,Tetris,Animal Crossing and Dragon age.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing, Reading, trying to get better at cooking and music.

OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
It's good to see you all :)
    Cis-male
    Bisexual
  • Where Are You From?
    Chicago!
  • Where Do You Live?
    Also Chicago!
  • How Old Are you?
    Anything electronic, but especially techno.
    Arts industry.
    Halo 3, Super Smash Bros. DDR, L4D2, Overwatch, anything I can play with friends!
    I'm a music producer and DJ!

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?: Trans woman
  • Your sexual orientation?: Lesbian mostly but sometimes I'm Pan
  • Where Are You From?: Ottawa, Ontario
  • Where Do You Live?: Vancouver, BC
  • How Old Are you?: Early 30s
  • Favorite Type of Music?: Folk and Metal and Classic Rock and Pop
  • Profession or Career interest?: Actor and Dramaturg
  • Favorite video game(s)?: Life is Strange, Mass Effect series
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: Audio editing and mixing (I do 5.1 surround sound art), Video Editing,

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see this comm/hangout on the other side! (Maybe we can get Pop-ERA back too ;))

• Your gender? Your sexual identity?: Cis-male
  • Your sexual orientation?: Gay
  • Where Do You Live?: Toronto
  • How Old Are you?: 24
  • Favorite Type of Music?: Rock, metal, really just about any music with a guitar in it (except country)
  • Profession or Career interest?: Software engineer
  • Favorite video game(s)?: Bayonetta, Phoenix Wright, Persona.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: Biking, reading non-fiction.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all! I post like once each thread, usually with a dumb story about how my parents forgot I'm gay or something. My most recent update is they saw some news story on Grindr, and wanted to know if I was on it (I love my parents to death, but sometimes they make me want to scream)
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?: Male
  • Your sexual orientation?: Gay
  • Where Are You From?: South Jersey
  • Where Do You Live?: Pennsylvania
  • How Old Are you?: I'm not 30 yet but it's coming too quick
  • Favorite Type of Music?: EDM, Rock music with female vocals
  • Profession or Career interest?: I work in Higher Education, but not as a teacher. I am -passionate- about helping people improve their lives!
  • Favorite video game(s)?: Lumines, Picross, Persona 3, Castlevania SOTN, in a different order each day
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: I love going to Ramen Restaurants, watching movies, hanging with my friends, and playing Magic the Gathering!

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone!

• Cis male
    • Gay
  • Where Are You From?
    • Ireland, where gayness went from illegal to voted-in marriage in 20 years.
  • Where Do You Live?
    • Germany
  • How Old Are you?
    • It varies between soft rock, disco and new age depending on the day. To be a little pretentious, I'm more into songs than genres.
    • Programmer
    • Donkey Kong Country 2, Monster Hunter series, Splatoon 2
    • Movies (new and old), Doctor Who (new and old), bass playing, singing.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?: Trans woman
  • Your sexual orientation?: Pansexual
  • Where Are You From?: Canada
  • Where Do You Live?: Canada
  • How Old Are you?: 24
  • Favorite Type of Music?: Classical
  • Profession or Career interest?: Currently umemployed
  • Favorite video game(s)?: Too many to list. A few series I really enjoy are Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Monster Hunter, and Soulsborne
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: I like movies and television. I'm hoping to get into running for weight loss reasons.
I love the logo.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Hey all, never posted in the old thread, but I hope to be more active here :)
  • Your gender? Male
  • Your sexual orientation? Bisexual
  • Where Are You From? Tel Aviv, Israel
  • Where Do You Live? Tel Aviv, Israel
  • How Old Are you? 27
  • Favorite Type of Music? Too many favorites to list. I'll just name drop the most interesting one: I'm super into tuvan throat singing

laciel

Oct 25, 2017
glad to finally be here! feels nice :) i'll have to fill out that introduction soon...