• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
gay
  • Sai

Prophet of Truth
    The Fallen
    Oct 25, 2017
    Chicago
    Spotlight Edit: Hello, new friends! Please feel free to drop in and say hello and chat with us! Scroll down this post if you'd like to fill out our ice-breaker questionnaire, and if you're LGBTQ+ and interested in our discord channel, please send me a PM! :) Thanks for reading! <3
    Welcome to the dawn of a new era, and the 10th overall iteration of this queer community megathread! All are welcome.​
    letters_era.png

Definitions
    Lesbian (L): A woman who is primarily attracted to other women | Gay (G): A man who is primarily attracted to other men | Bisexual (B, Bi): A person who is attracted to more than one gender | Pansexual: A person who is attracted to more than one gender, specifically all​
    Transgender (T, Trans): The broadest definition defines people who differ from their assigned gender at birth or the gender binary (from the Latin trans: "across", "beyond") | Cisgender: A person whose gender identity aligns with their assigned gender (from the Latin cis: "near side", "this side")​
    Queer:​
    1. A person who is not heterosexual or not cisgender (umbrella term, in-group use, reclaimed from a slur)
    2. A person who self-labels to eschew more rigid and traditional labels (in-group use, reclaimed from a slur).
    Genderqueer / Non Binary (GQ, NB): Gender identities that fall outside of the binary (umbrella term) | Questioning (Q): A person undergoing self-examination and discovery regarding their sexuality or gender | Asexual (A, Ace): A person who generally does not feel sexual attraction, regardless of celibacy.​
    Intersex (I): A person whose primary/secondary sex characteristics do not conform to the sex binary.​

Resources:

LGBTQera Discord (PM me, Sibylus, or Wil348 with your full Discord username, including the # and numbers.)

The Trevor Project | It Gets Better | Trevor Project Hotline 1-866-4-U-TREVOR | GLBT National Youth Hotline: 1-800-246-7743 | GLBT National Hotline: 1-888-THE-GLNH | Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Helpline: 617-267-9001 or Toll-free: 888-340-4528

Ice-breaker Questionnaire (IBQ)

Feel free to answer as many or as few of these questions as you like, but help us get to know you a bit!
    • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
    • Your sexual orientation?
    • Where Are You From?
    • Where Do You Live?
    • How Old Are you?
    • Favorite Type of Music?
    • Profession or Career interest?
    • Favorite video game(s)?
    • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
    If there are additional links you'd like listen, whether it be to resources or media, please let me know and I'll try to keep this post updated!​
    It's nice to be here with you all again.​
    <3​

Last edited: