• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An investigation was carried out on Bandai Namco's press event tomorrow and it was discovered that not everything is as it may have sounded like.
After doing some digging of my own, I've come to the conclusion that I agree only partially with Marcus's assessment. He was absolutely right about one thing: there is an event being hosted by Bandai Namco on December 15 (tomorrow); five separate sources in the media from various outlets were able to confirm that. However, I did not find that there are five games waiting to be announced there, or that Nintendo will be playing a big role. In my humble opinion, these claims are more than a little questionable. It appears that while the briefing is real, wires may have been crossed at some point and false rumours circulating the Twittersphere allowed for misinformation to be spread.

Before long, rumours of hot reveals like a Dark Souls collection, Xenosaga HD and a Nintendo Switch version of Soul Calibur VI were in the air. It's impossible to account for all of these claims, and although some of these aforementioned dream projects could still exist, the list of titles that Bandai Namco plans to share with the assembled media has already been made known to them. Sources in the press say that the publisher apparently has one more unannounced game they plan to unveil in Paris, but it isn't the "big" project they had been teasing earlier - that was Soul Calibur VI, which they revealed at The Game Awards. Furthermore, the information available to invited guests has never mentioned a Switch version or an appearance from Nintendo. With the exception of demoing Soul Calibur VI on the platforms it has already been announced for - PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC - Bandai Namco's scheduled line-up for the 15th mostly includes licensed properties like Seven Deadly Sins and Digimon.

It's worth noting that the site mentions NDAs are being adhered to, meaning we may not know what BN plans to announce tomorrow untill a later date (similar to how they showed off Project x Zone 2 at an event in Italy and then announced it to the public later), possibly untill Jump Festa.
Full article: http://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/201...-switch-dark-souls/?__twitter_impression=true

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, didn't believe talk of some sort of big press conference for second.

Here's what you'll probably get tomorrow, press previews / new assets / localizations of:

- Black Clover: Project Knights (PS4, PC)
- Code Vein (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (PS4, PS Vita)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC)
- Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (PS4, PC)
- My Hero Academia: One's Justice (PS4, Switch) - likely localization announcement, trademarked in US/EU
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4, PC)
- One Piece: Bounty Hunter (Smartphone) - likely localization announcement, trademarked in US/EU
- One Piece: World Seeker (PS4, XBO, PC)
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (PS4)
- Soulcalibur VI (PS4, XBO, PC)

The "one more unannounced game" is probably a Tales title. Well, maybe. There's a 22nd anniversary live stream happening on December 16 and Jump Festa 2018 starts the same day. That being said, having it be announced on December 15 instead of the December 16 stream is a little weird. So it is possible the Tales title simply isn't involved in the December 15 event.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The event seems like a chance for media to get hands-on impressions for some titles that will be present at the Jump Festa, just so they can have some quick articles up during/after it.

Curious about the unannounced game though.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
I would pay full price for a Xenosaga collection. I've never been able to play them, and they sound pretty cool.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well there are 3 switch exclusive titles that need to be announced in the next 2 months, so there's that to hope for at least

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
What I'm reading: this is just a minor press conference don't get your hopes up.

What my brain is thinking: SOULS SERIES REMASTER COLLECTION FUCKING CONFIRMED

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read BN as Bob Newhart. I was wondering what he had to do with games.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Probably nothing noteworthy tomorow but..

just
let
me
dream

Qrki8lP.jpg

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Here's what you'll probably get tomorrow, press previews / new assets / localizations of:

- Black Clover: Project Knights (PS4, PC)
- Code Vein (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (PS4, PS Vita)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC)
- Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (PS4, PC)
- My Hero Academia: One's Justice (PS4, Switch) - likely localization announcement, trademarked in US/EU
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4, PC)
- One Piece: Bounty Hunter (Smartphone) - likely localization announcement, trademarked in US/EU
- One Piece: World Seeker (PS4, XBO, PC)
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (PS4)
- Soulcalibur VI (PS4, XBO, PC)
probably Ace Combat also

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
If anything is announced regarding Dark Souls,it will probably include simple porting to Switch imo. But whatever,we can still dream i guess

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this meant to happen on the 15th in Paris? Surely it didn't happen then?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming MHA localization is not confirmed, none of Namco Bandai's future games are coming to switch. That does not sound like Namco at all. Should I be worried?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Id like a Code Vein release date since Fromsoftware's game isnt coming out anytime soon. It'd be cool to see another Soul Calibur VI character too but I doubt that they'll show anyone else so soon.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck is everyone hyping up a dark souls remaster, including several insiders if it's nothing but smoke and mirrors

I could burn Marcus on a pyre right now ....

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
:(

Why the fuck is everyone hyping up a dark souls remaster, including several insiders if it's nothing but smoke and mirrors

I could burn Marcus on a pyre right now ....
Yeah, it's wierd, and I was surprised to hear the rumors when they started. I mean, FromSoft and Namco have both moved on from the series now, or so it would seem. I've badly wanted a DS1 remaster for some time now, but I don't think it's very likely at this point. There were also rumors about Dark Souls 3 running on Switch earlier this year, so maybe these rumors were just piggybacking off those? Idk, but it's disappointing regardless.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
:(

Yeah, it's wierd, and I was surprised to hear the rumors when they started. I mean, FromSoft and Namco have both moved on from the series now, or so it would seem. I've badly wanted a DS1 remaster for some time now, but I don't think it's very likely at this point. There were also rumors about Dark Souls 3 running on Switch earlier this year, so maybe these rumors were just piggybacking off those? Idk, but it's disappointing regardless.

What equally pisses me off is the insiders that have also claimed a ds remaster exists in other threads and forums
They are apparently "reputable"

Is it real or not

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Of fucking course. Les fucking grand sigh.

Why is it so hard to get a Dark Souls 1 remaster?

He said nothing about a Dark Souls remaster, just that there is no news about a Switch Dark Souls remaster.

This is a major difference.

A Dark Souls remaster would be PS4/Xbox One/PC first and foremost to begin with.

And a Dark Souls remaster for current gen is an extremely safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.