• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41871697

An armed group in Libya has shut down a comic book convention in the capital Tripoli because it breached the country's "morals and modesty".

Special Deterrent Forces (SDF) said they had arrested organisers of the Comic Con convention.

It said on its Facebook page that photos published on social media from the convention caused "a widespread public outpouring of criticism".

The SDF is loyal to the UN-backed Government of National Accord.

Hundreds of young Libyans attended Tripoli's second Comic Con festival on Friday, some dressed up as characters from American and Japanese comics.

But later in the day members of the conservative Islamist group the SDF raided the gathering.

Fun...the greatest danger to society.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I wonder if Libya will ever have a proper government again.

Didn't realize militias were still active there.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I feel so bad for the Libyans, young and old, that just want to have the normal things in life, and may never get to experience that. Breaks my heart.