• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I heard A LOT of bad reviews about episode 1-4 = that it was boring compared to the original, i wonder if episode 5 can at least redeem the story of the entire game.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can finally start playing it. But I gotta be honest I'm not as jazzed as I was about this series.

It seems

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of LIS hot takes in here after just a few posts!

Looking forward to playing this finally. My expectations are high from a game standpoint, and low from a LIS-standpoint. Probably going to replay the first one after the sequel no matter.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I hope so, because episode 2 & 4 were really quite weak. Epsiode 3 was very good, though.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I played 1 and Before The Storm recently and they became on of my favorite games of all time. Season 2 and Captain Spirit bored me so much. Insanely slow and not much happens. I liked episode 3 but that's about it. Going to play 5 in a bit to see if it can redeem it but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
This thread teminds me of the constant "why noone told me it was good?!" threads.

I mean, if you only focus on the negatives and combine it with the fact that is more common for people to posts negative opinions, of course "everyone" says something is bad and "noone" told you it was good. :p

They are good and also on Gamepass (first episode), if you have an Xbox with Gamepass you could just try and see.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
2 hasn't been bad imo, just very underwhelming. I could not care less at the moment what happens to any character in the game. So hope it surprises me

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
As a HUGE fan of the original Life is Strange, I stopped playing the sequel after Episode 2 even though I paid for the full season. Just completely uninspired. The time travel aspect was so central to it, and the brothers are nowhere near the characters of Max and Chloe.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely adored LiS1 but I just can't bring myself to go back to 2.

I got to the start of Ep 4 and realised that I just don't care for these characters like I did with Max/Chloe/Rachel/Kate in the original. I think it was a combination of the roadtrip style story telling, along with frequent characters dropping in and out in each chapter that just made it impossible for me to make a bond with anyone in this new cast. While the subject matter is raw and sensitive, I just don't see it being utilised to push any sort of good narrative.

That along with Daniels power not really having a bearing on the gameplay like Max's time travel did just made it feel like any other Telltale-esque game.

Maybe I'll go back over Christmas break if the impressions are good, but I'm not holding much hope after everything I've played so far.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been a pretty huge fan of the season so far to be honest, a lot of the arcs especially in episode 3 & 4. I'm pretty invested to see how their story ends.

This thread teminds me of the constant "why noone told me it was good?!" threads.

I mean, if you only focus on the negatives and combine it with the fact that is more common for people to posts negative opinions, of course "everyone" says something is bad and "noone" told you it was good. :p

They are good and also on Gamepass (first episode), if you have an Xbox with Gamepass you could just try and see.
Actually all the episodes up to 4 are on gamepass right now.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't need to be "redeemed" imo.

I don't personally have it up there right besides the first and Before the Storm, but it's not a bad game by any stretch.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I can't even get through the first episode again. It's such a drag.

It's like they looked at what made season 1 good and were like okay let's do the opposite of that.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I don't think it's a bad game by any means, but it has been a major disappointment so far. The only episode I loved was episode 3. Still, I'm interested to see how it all ends.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't touched LIS2 yet, but I know the story and characters won't touch LIS. That game was lightning in a bottle.

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019
Episode 3 was the only good one.

1,2 and 4 was so boring that I fell asleep playing at least 1 time before finishing It.

The "road game" they forced us to play makes me want to forget that this game carries the life is strange name.

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019
I imagined an ending to LiS 2 where is revealed at the ending that Sean has Max Powers (time travelling) and some reference like the blue butterfly showing.
And then you have to use it to make some hard decision.

But to be honest, I doubt ep5 will finish the game with something mindblowing or cool, It will be something like "sacrifice yourself to save your brother or he dying to save you"

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed this season, it's a great humane tale, the political side of it is the weak part IMO

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing it and I'm currently on the last section of episode 4. I'm enjoying the narrative as I did with the first game and its spin-off. Most of the complaints I've seen are that it's political, not sure why that would be viewed as a negative though.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I just bought it in the most recent sale, I've been waiting for the episodes to all be out, I can't do episodic releases especially without exact dates release dates far in advcance. I love dontnod work and especially enjoyed Life is Strange so I'm so hyped to jump back in.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Played episodes 1 - 4 last week and enjoyed it for sure. But some stuff was just dumb as hell. Some parts just had me saying "yeah right, as if that was your only option" and the whole
church cult thing was so damn predictable. I wish they had went a different route there.

I have no idea what to expect from the last episode, but I'll stay far away from videos of it. I'll experience it myself when it lands on game pass.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Only played Ep 1 of LiS2, enjoyed it. Was waiting for it all to be out, so now I can return.

Still need to play the little Prequel one though.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The worst thing about it is the ridiculous episodic delay. I've found it to be very good.

Jan 29, 2018
Wife and I have been enjoying season 2 a lot. It's not as novel as season 1 but I haven't noticed a huge negative sentiment out there.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
While it's much more """boring""" in a fun/game sense, its story was much deeper, and the relationship between Sean and Daniel is wonderfully crafted.

I just finished episode 5, and I cried (thing that I very rarely do when reading/watching/playing a piece of fiction). Just because of this relationship. I just realised, after 5 episodes, how much I had grown attached to these two dudes.

It's an extremely touching tale of two brothers, and its treatment of serious issues (here, racism and xenophobia, and the theme of "whose fault is it: he who committed a crime, or the system that conditioned him to commit that crime?") is pretty well done for a video game.

Basically, it's a more "boring game" but a more interesting story with more interesting characters, imo.

(Sorry if my thoughts aren't clear, I'm still a bit shaken)

Last edited: