• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Announcing the Life is Strange 2 Boxed Edition

The moment many of you have been waiting for. Life is Strange 2 is getting a physical release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC!

It's a fantastic way to begin and remember your journey forever - in tangible form sitting very attractively on your shelf, as all good mementos do! It's also a great way to introduce your friends and family to the long, emotive road to Puerto Lobos. How will your journeys compare?

The physical release will be available December 3rd, 2019 in Europe, and February 4th, 2020 in the Americas. It will come in two flavours – the Life is Strange 2 Standard Edition and the Life is Strange 2 Collector's Edition.

de1ef9c3e6cb7bed5f6f7660011b92c5046be033.png

The Standard Edition is priced at £34.99/€39.99/$39.99 and will contain:
· The Complete Season - Episodes 1-5 of Life is Strange 2
· Bonus Game - The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
· Arcadia Bay Patches - These items let you customize Sean's in-game backpack!

The Collector's Edition is priced at £64.99/€69.99/$69.99, and will contain:

· The Complete Season - Episodes 1-5 of Life is Strange 2
· Bonus Game: The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
· Arcadia Bay Patches
· Jonathan Morali's official score - 4x 7 inch Vinyl Box Set featuring the game's amazing original music
· 32-page hardcover artbook - featuring concept art from Life is Strange 2
· 4 inch/10cm Sean and 3 inch/8cm Daniel vinyl figurines
· Collector's Edition presentation box

The Collector's Edition will be exclusive to the Square Enix Store, and available to the UK, Europe and the Americas on the dates mentioned previously.

And to address the Mantroid in the room – the different release dates. It's nothing personal, we love you all equally.

Different countries have different requirements when it comes to rating the content on the discs, and in some cases, this means that a game (or Episode) can't be rated until it's complete and submitted, even if it's not on the disc, which is why the game will be releasing later in the Americas.

We wanted the physical edition to be available on the same date as the digital release of Episode 5 on December 3rd – so Episodes 1 to 4 are on the disc, and Episode 5 will be supplied as a download on all platforms. The complete game clocks in at around 65GB of content, and Xbox and PS4 discs top out at 50GB of capacity, which means that Episode 5 will always be a download in every territory, including the Americas.

With Life is Strange 2 we understand that some players may have been waiting for the final episode to release before diving into the game, and that in an ideal world, those holding out for the physical release wouldn't want to wait longer than those playing digitally.

We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to choose between a digital and physical box full season release on December 3rd, but for the reasons touched on above, we aren't able to provide a simultaneous release in every territory.

Link to the Square Store (EU)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone say if that was good in comparison to 1? I almost havent heard anything about it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Why the two month delay for America?

I just played Captain Spirit yesterday and it was lovely. Hope I like 2 just as much.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool that it even includes Captain Spirit.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"
With Life is Strange 2 we understand that some players may have been waiting for the final episode to release before diving into the game, and that in an ideal world, those holding out for the physical release wouldn't want to wait longer than those playing digitally.

We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to choose between a digital and physical box full season release on December 3rd, but for the reasons touched on above, we aren't able to provide a simultaneous release in every territory.

The only alternative was to push every release date back to February 4[SUP]th[/SUP], 2020. As Life is Strange fans, you'll know that struggling with hard choices is at the core of what we do – this was one we agonised over!

In the end, we decided a split release was the best way to give the most players the widest amount of choice. For those of you in the Americas who are already playing digitally, or who have been waiting for the game's full release on digital platforms before diving in, have no fear: the upcoming Season Finale will launch digitally everywhere on December 3rd.

"

grizzlybara

Oct 25, 2017
How does NA Square Enix charge for pre-orders? I ordered the collectors edition of BtS from them but i dont remember when it charged me, haha

edit: put in my pre-order anyway and according to my email it looks like it's gonna charge me a few days before it ships for those curious.

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone say if that was good in comparison to 1? I almost havent heard anything about it.
There are things it does better (and worse) but it's different. Personally I definitely prefered the original but the themes and characters are rather different so I still think some could love it as much as I do the original.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I have two pbs with this collector (but i wiill probably buy it :D )

-No CD for the soundtrack :(
-vinyls are great,but those are mini vinyls,so not very easy to use with only 2 tracks (i think?) on each side.It was the same for Before the Storm.
i

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I've hated the marketing for this game whenever it shows up at a game show. It's influencers reacting to key big moments. So not only have they spoiled it for me, I also had to watch influencers.

I still need to play Before the Storm anyway.

grizzlybara

Oct 25, 2017
I have two pbs with this collector (but i wiill probably buy it :D )

-No CD for the soundtrack :(
-vinyls are great,but those are mini vinyls,so not very easy to use with only 2 tracks (i think?) on each side.It was the same for Before the Storm.
i
they can usually fit 3, if the songs are short enough you might get away with 4. With them only doing standard black I would've preferred one 12" in a nice sleeve but they probably want it to look nice next to the one from BtS

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
or maybe they will release a limited edition next year with the CD soundtrack.....

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone will have a different opinion but I felt it was deeply inferior to the original in narrative, character, and gameplay. However, I appreciate that they took the ambitious risk of doing something completely different instead of the easy way out.
Not that your reasons for not liking the game aren't valid (they are, and I agree with several of them), but you definitely jumped the gun making this thread at a time when only two of the five total episodes were out.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for the disc with the expectation that all of the episodes would be on it. Smh at no episode 5...

Oct 27, 2017
Should have just waited with this.

I mean people who wanted the disc version were waiting anyway so I don't see how people wouldn't have waited a little bit more.

Edit: Just read the size of the game, I guess that make sense.

Tagg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 5 won't fit on the disc, it's (im assuming) gonna be included as an update kinda like a day one patch.
I just totaled the file sizes listed on the PS Store.
Episode 1 = 9.55
Episode 2 = 5.66
Episode 3 = 6.65
Episode 4 = 7.64
Captain Spirit = 3.15

Total is 32.65GB. This doesn't count Episode 5 or any updates to the individual episodes but they will have a bunch of shared assets anyway that should reduce the overall size.

The "this is too large to fit on a single disc!" statement is just an excuse so that they can ship a physical version of the game as soon as possible.

grizzlybara

Oct 25, 2017
I just totaled the file sizes listed on the PS Store.
Episode 1 = 9.55
Episode 2 = 5.66
Episode 3 = 6.65
Episode 4 = 7.64
Captain Spirit = 3.15

Total is 32.65GB. This doesn't count Episode 5 or any updates to the individual episodes but they will have a bunch of shared assets anyway that should reduce the overall size.

The "this is too large to fit on a single disc!" statement is just an excuse so that they can ship a physical version of the game as soon as possible.
The game up to episode 4 is already sitting at 68.75GB on my PS4 and that's without counting captain spirit since that's a separate download.

Tagg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game up to episode 4 is already sitting at 68.75GB on my PS4 and that's without counting captain spirit since that's a separate download.
Ha fair enough. I'm sure they could figure out some compression to fit all 5 episodes onto a single disc if they really wanted to though.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best series out there, I love all the success they are enjoying. Might even buy it just to support them. Although given the popularity of the IP I doubt they need it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a pain waiting for the entire thing to finish before picking it up ... but hopefully my wait was worth it.

Will be picking this up physically (or digitally where ever the better deals are) after all the episodes are out.

Oct 28, 2017
How does NA Square Enix charge for pre-orders? I ordered the collectors edition of BtS from them but i dont remember when it charged me, haha

edit: put in my pre-order anyway and according to my email it looks like it's gonna charge me a few days before it ships for those curious.
They'll send you a mail closer to the date to let you know when they're taking the money as well, it was a week before release the last time I ordered from them.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man feels like a Life is Strange decision with all those different opinions lol, guess I will buy it in December for a few sessions

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I liked episode 1 and have been waiting for the rest of the season to come out to play the rest. Only being avaible from the SE store is disappointing though

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Pretty sure this game was not terribly successful and they've said there might not be any more Life Is Strange games by dontnod...

That's not true.
Dontnod don't know if there will be a Life is Strange 3 because they don't own the IP.They've said the same after the first season.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The series grows on you the more you play, it will take some time but people will really love the characters in the game.

As everyone said, its different.

You loved season 1 and max and chole but dont know whether youll like the new characters ?

I was on the same boat but i love the new series as well as the old one.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? The soundtrack is on Vinyl for the 3 hipsters that will play this game and own a turntable?

Guess I'll just buy digital then. Was holding out for physical for a soundtrack CD like the last two games.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Jeez, no middle ground here. WIll look into this maybe next year

If you loved the first game for the characters and location then you will hate the second game. It's a "road trip" where every episode is in a different location and the characters are completely different.

If you loved the first game for the atmosphere and and story tone more then you should enjoy the second one as well.

There's a hard divide between those two groups.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really warm up the characters until Episode 3, thought it was kind of boring and uncompelling until then. I'm playing through Game Pass every three months, so I guess the timing isn't helping me stay engaged too much.

When they settled into the cannabis farm with the new characters, it finally felt like LiS again.