• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
This thread should not be used to pit equality movements against each other. It's okay to be pleased with the reveal, and it's okay to be disappointed by the reveal. Be respectful of other opinions and do not make things hostile.

Dear Life is Strange fans,

You've waited so long for it, and it's finally here… today we reveal everything you need to know about Life is Strange 2. The first of 5 episodes will release September 27, 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam)!

First things first: the trailer!

(see above yo)

The main characters of Life is Strange 2 are brothers Sean (16) and Daniel Diaz (9), two brothers living a fairly normal life in Seattle, Washington state. Following a tragic event, their lives are forever changed. Now on the run from the police and threatened with both separation and incarceration, Sean decides to take his younger brother and seek a better life in their family's home town of Puerto Lobos, Mexico.

Life on the road is tough and dangerous. The brothers will face all manner of challenges as they bravely undertake a journey that will test the bonds of brotherhood. Playing as Sean, you will need to make the kind of tough choices you can expect from a Life is Strange game, and you will need to live with the consequences of your actions. The game will this time focus on brotherhood alongside the need to guide and educate your younger brother whilst simultaneously coming of age yourself. As with previous games in the series, Life is Strange 2 will tackle a host of issues that all of us can identify with and that will cause moral dilemmas and require much soul searching. These themes come together most powerfully in the way Daniel will develop depending on the lessons you teach him and the role model you decide to be.

We are also really excited to confirm that Life is Strange 2 will feature a new power. What it is and how it relates to the brothers is something you will discover in due course!

As Sean and Daniel travel towards Mexico, they will meet an entirely new cast of characters and pass through numerous new settings. Life is Strange 2 will also include multiple features that will be unveiled over the course of the next week, as we strive to deliver the most ambitious Life is Strange entry with the highest production values in the game series to date. Jonathan Morali, the French composer who worked with the team on the first game, is also composing a new original soundtrack for Life is Strange 2 which will be supported by a brand new licensed soundtrack.

If all that information wasn't enough, you can also look forward to gameplay from Life is Strange 2 being released in the coming days. Make sure to subscribe to us on Youtube to be notified as soon the gameplay is released! If you are attending Gamescom 2018, do drop by the Square Enix booth (Hall 9, Booth B31) to play the opening scene yourself.

If you previously played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, some of the finer details about the story and the brothers may now start falling into place. If you haven't yet played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, you can download it entirely for free on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

Episode 1 of Life is Strange 2 will release September 27, 2018 and you can pre-order it here.

This game represents as much of a journey to us as it does to our heroes Sean and Daniel, and we can't wait to embark on it with you. Let's get started!

The Life is Strange team

tumblr_inline_pdrys4UyRZ1tugqca_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pdryxiicPl1tugqca_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pdryymQbyg1tugqca_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Looks fantastic. So these two are definetely the neighbors from Captain Spirit, right?

EDIT: HAHA, THEY ARE!

The blogpost says "If you previously played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, some of the finer details about the story and the brothers may now start falling into place.", so yeah. It definetely makes a LOT of sense. Reaaally excited, Dontnod seems to be on hella of a roll.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Intrigued, but not excited quite yet. Honestly probably the best position to be in for Episode 1 to surprise me in a good way.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Quite a poorly edited trailer but the premise itself looks very promising. I like that they're not just going back to the same high school setting with this one. Already got the game pre-ordered so can't wait to see how it actually turns out!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This is really, really different looking from the first game, and I am excited.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weak trailer tbh. It felt like they really don't want to give anything away. I'm sure the game will be good though.

Oct 25, 2017
I like that so far it seems very different and divorced from LiS. That said, I was hoping for a much different setting (I suggested Appalachia or mid Texas), and if the story conceit is they're on the run or alone, I wonder how much of it will be in the forest away from other people, and the connections between Max and everyone in LiS is why I loved the game. That, and a little kid buddy seems risky since they can be very annoying or cloying. I'm cautious.

Also, thank god it's totally divorced from Max and Chloe and Arcadia because having it not be an anthology would have been the worst thing to do. Max and Chloe are done, even if we love them.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'm not feeling this one I'm afraid :/ They should have just left the franchise alone after before the storm. It's going to be hard to get over chloe and max tbh.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not the greatest trailer, still trying too hard to create mystery and suspense.

But this'll be good. I thought captain spirit had a lot of heart.

My only concern is that the powers/story won't involve time travel or alternate dimensions, which was the main hook for me in the original.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really building on what made the first game so memorable, bold choice. I loved the first one and I'm intrigued, though the fact that they go for something so different does hamper my hype a bit.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Kind of weak. Nothing in there inspires me to buy it after loving Life is Strange.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interest level hovering close to zero, but I'll probably play the first episode and see how it is.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh... Doesn't look as interesting as the first did to be honest. I'm still gonna get it when there's a price drop. I prefer female protagonists and that's one of the reasons why I loved the first one. Oh well, will keep my eye on this.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the road trip angle, that kinda suggests Chris' story is basically done after the first episode?

Unless they head back or something

Not as immediately hooked as LiS1 but still gonna get it

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
100% down for this.

it looks waaay better than LiS which is great to see. Ready for this in 4K for damn sure

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this will build up a LiS universe where all of the protagonists with super powers team up to make Frank slip on his beans for all eternity.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is way more different from an LiS2 than I expected. I'm intrigued, but I have to admit that I'm not feeling the main character up front as much as I did Max initially. Of course, as these things are (as with Captain Spirit), I'll most likely warm up to him as the story progresses.

I'm actually pretty surprised this is going to be a story presumably about going through multiple locations, instead of one established one like even Captain Spirit made it seem like it would be. It seems that the main connecting tissue between this and LiS is:
  • Teenage (approaching on young adult) protagonist.
  • Super power, which is also fundamentally tied to the narrative.
  • The close relationship between two people.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Life is Strange didnt looked that interesting before the first chapter came out either

just a reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.