• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
No, not the first Life is Strange that surprise-dropped on Game Pass a few days ago in this already stacked month, but the sequel (actually prequel) and one of my favorite 2017 games.

This month has been absolutely ridiculous for Game Pass:

Below (day one launch)
Ashen (day one launch)
Mutant Year Zero (day one launch)
The Gardens Between (day one launch)
Kingdom: Two Crowns (day one launch)
Strange Brigade
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Ori and the Blind Forest
Life is Strange
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Shadow Warrior 2
Mortal Kombat X
Pro Evolution Soccer 19
Spintires: Mudrunner

And I feel like I'm missing a bunch of shit, too. I feel like I'm stealing money by having paid $10 for 3 months of this subscription back when that deal was available. Anyone else feel the value is insane?

And how are they supposed to beat this month in 2019?

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Clicked on this to say I didn't love LiS Before the Storm and haven't been hugely impressed with Game Pass, but that list is very impressive. I actually might sign up for a free trial and see how it is.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah this month has been the best month for game pass by a long long way.

Justifies me spending my £20 Christmas Xbox credit fund in another 6 months of subscription (£24 at half price) rather than buying individual games.

Now to finally play games such as Ori, Shadow Warrior and Hellblade that I should've bought before frankly.

OP
OP
Liliana

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
They aren't, there's a reason all these releases happen on the same month tons of people are getting new Xbox systems.

Well I am sure that Ashen and Below didn't release in December just for new Xbox customers. Probably can say the same for all the other day one releases. It just happens to coincide.

Stealth dropping games like this one does make sense with your theory, but they've been doing it for a while now, so who knows.

But yeah, imagine getting an Xbox for Christmas with an XGP subscription and having access to these games. Even if you pretend there wasn't 200+ games on the service available to you and only counted this month, having access to Ashen ($39.99), Below ($24.99), Hellblade ($29.99) and Ori ($19.99 but I think it's on sale) is incredible.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm most impressed by all the relatively high profile Day One Launch games.
It's quickly become my favourite aspect of the service. Nobody can complain they already own them :)

Crazy to think we're getting the likes of Void Bastards, Ori 2, The Good Life, Gears 5 and Battletoads day one in 2019 too. Wonder what else will add to that list - at this rate it could be quite a bit!

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm signing up next month. It's just too much of a savings at this point. There are 20 games on the service now I want to play.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if/when Darksiders 3 will go on there. Anyhow the service has me inundated in quality games I need to complete! Absolutely insane value.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
No joke, game pass is what made me buy an XBX when it was $100 cheaper for the base-no game offer.

Love that damn service right now. Paid $90 CAN for the year, and I have like.. 40 games downloaded I want to play.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I love it so much. Excited to play through all of LiS and BtS. Still need to finish Hellblade and keep going with Ori...

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I ran out of games to play after that $2 for 2 months offer but I'm definitely grabbing another month or two around when Crackdown 3 launches. They restocked the service full of goodies immediately after I unsubbed so they will pull me back in. Game Pass ha really pushed my engagement towards Xbox. Fantastic service.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Sweet, been looking to pick this up so that's saved me the hassle. Loved the first so keen to give this a shot before a few more eps of lis2 drop.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Nope, Ep1 included in GP, and ep2-3 discounted for GP owners.
It's all 3 episodes. Go to the Complete Season on your Xbox and click Install, then all 3 episodes download.

20181227_1035314yfzk.jpg

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Nope, Ep1 included in GP, and ep2-3 discounted for GP owners.
Can I get a source on this? Is the first season the full game in Game Pass?

Edit: Here it says full season https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass
It's all 3 episodes. Go to the Complete Season on your Xbox and click Install, then all 3 episodes download.

20181227_1035314yfzk.jpg
Yeah its weird I have episodes 1through 5 installed, isnt that the whole game?

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
An incredible month indeed. I've literally left my PS4 Pro under inches of dust. I've spent the last two months playing FH4, Gears 4, Below, Hitman, The Garden Between and Hellblade on my new X.
Also, last week I've snagged a 24 months subscription for €95 on eBay 🙀
Surely, the next few months will be quiet but I'm really satisfied with the service so far. And as a physical-person, I will probably get the next Xbox without the drive if Microsoft will keep pushing the service in this way.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Absolutely worth playing. One of my favorite games I played this year. While i think LiS is ultimately the better game (the backtalk mechanic never clicked the way timetravel did), this was an absolutely amazing story. It really fleshed out Chloe and Rachel in a way that was satisfying, and it re-contextualized elements of the original game in a way that makes it better. One thing of note going in: this is set around 2 years before Life is Strange. For some reason I thought it was only a few months, which made elements of it confusing until I realized that.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah absolutely, I wasn't questioning it :) I just found strange it isn't reflecting on the web store, where they specifically marked EP1; that's all.
Yeah but this happens a lot with episodic content + Game Pass + web store, had the same issue with RE Revelations 2 for example. Not sure why, but it always works directly on the console at least.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone jumping for BtS by the way, endure the first chapter. Its.... not great. Second and third sink their hooks on you way better.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Game Pass is a legit reason to get an Xbox One. Im considering buying a few PS4 games for 30 euros, which would translate to months of game pass. There is no shortage of games in my PS4 backlog though.

I plan on getting an Xbox One X in the future when I get a 4K TV to play all those backward titles in 4K, but I guess now Game Pass is a better incentive than that (I never had an Xbox).

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
If you have the Game Pass app, it has a single listing for the Complete Series of Before the Storm which makes it very easy to download the right option.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
If you have the Game Pass app, it has a single listing for the Complete Series of Before the Storm which makes it very easy to download the right option.
Yep. The app is pretty useful.

Also got a notification about Before the Storm too. Maybe not secret but the game unlocked before the announcement was scheduled and nobody was in the office to push the notification sooner

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I now get notifications from both Netflix and Gamepass about content being added to the service.

The future is now.