• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also rac the last message wasn't really necessary. MY galaxy brained theory was that you were scum but like I said before I didn't want to think about that because it made my head hurt, lol

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God damn I thought we were gonna lose yesterday with how I fucked up so much the day before
I'll be invoicing your for my attorney legal fees

giphy.gif

rac

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the game fanto, had a lot of fun
and was sufficiently stressed

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be invoicing your for my attorney legal fees

giphy.gif
You were MVP, cause on my own I definitely wouldn't have swayed Rac. Glad to be your Flava Flav, you still my BOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, and would you say you're glad you kept me alive?
thanks for the game fanto, had a lot of fun
and was sufficiently stressed
You were 2nd but Equal MVP because you made the right call when most wouldn't of.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You were MVP, cause on my own I definitely wouldn't have swayed Rac. Glad to be your Flava Flav, you still my BOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, and would you say you're glad you kept me alive?
Yes and no. Had you died early on, Faddy would have had to choose someone more easily defensible, lol

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto, thank you so much for hosting! I know it can't be easy to do so, but had a lot of fun and this came at just the right time for me!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, good game, Fanto

Good game everyone. That was an awesome gambit, Faddy

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, thanks so much everyone for playing! I hope everyone had fun in this smol game between the bigger ones, I feel like everyone did even though it was kind of quiet early on.

Let me know what you think of this setup too by the way! I could easily run more games using this setup in the future, I have a python script that I wrote that rolls the whole game in one click. I think little bite-sized 9 player games like this are fun to run personally, so I'd certainly be down to host more for everyone whenever.

Overall, I think both Town and Scum had great moments here. Scum were doing great in the early game, but unfortunately for them they weren't able to take out any PRs at night, so that left them in a really rough spot in the end game. Faddy had an amazing gambit and almost won the game for them on D3, but Rac was able to figure it out for the Town with the help of Coolest and Z-Beat and lead them to the win instead. Amazing plays all around for both teams, great game to watch, I had a lot of fun running it!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Let me know what you think of this setup too by the way!
honestly since everything felt like it moved so fast its kinda cool to look back and see the progression of everyone and i feel like i mb learned more because of it
probably ill just forget everything but lets see if it translates at all to bigger/other games

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, did people think 48 hours was a bit much for the day phases early on? I could try just doing 24/24 for the whole game the next time I run one like this.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
OjfWzUU.gif

GG! <3

If it was any other player here than rac in the BAY OR BAE moment Yesterday, we woulda shaka crushed it IMO

but rac with that brilliant pro-Town terrible anti-Town non-policy decision

iM1vXBK.gif

hindsight; I probably really should've bussed/hammered Faddy Yesterday, made a show of being convinced to change my mind somehow, or something

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OjfWzUU.gif

GG! <3

If it was any other player here than rac in the BAY OR BAE moment Yesterday, we woulda shaka crushed it IMO

but rac with that brilliant pro-Town terrible anti-Town non-policy decision

iM1vXBK.gif

hindsight; I probably really should've bussed/hammered Faddy Yesterday, made a show of being convinced to change my mind somehow, or something
Honestly you went all in all or nothing and you played the best possible outcome. Had you bussed Faddy and NK'd someone I would've outed you since you're the one I tracked last night.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Good game, everyone! Congrats to you in particular, rac - that casting vote on D3 absolutely turned it around for us. Well done to the scum team, too - I had some doubts about Faddy, but I don't think I'd have picked out Blarg while I was in the game.

Thanks for running the game, Fanto , it was nice to play again. In retrospect, 24/24 might have helped things along (particularly on D2), so perhaps that might not be a bad idea for future small games.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly you went all in all or nothing and you played the best possible outcome. Had you bussed Faddy and NK'd someone I would've outed you since you're the one I tracked last night.
I was deeply mulling over if I should just waste u and tangle with CS + rac Today but I chose the defensive play in the end, a true mistake though, if Faddy was me he would've probably by-the-booked it and won in my position

Probably shouldn't've name-claimed outta the gate Today but I wanted to begin by building some soft cred, but of course #NATHANPRESCOTT I should've seen that coming

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
hey GJ host!Fanto, yeah these smaller games are cute, I've never really played smaller [Mafia] games and I think these would be the ideal way to recruit new players actually if we could host more, good tutorial stuff

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for hosting Fanto, and congrats town and well played scum. See yall in Doggo Mafia

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the win Town! Rac did an ace job parsing all the noise to land on the right answer. I loved Faddy's gambit just because it was so out of character for him. Ultimately I think hunting the tracker cost scum the game since they whiffed. Poor Blarg got slammed for his character even though none of the flavor was tied to alignment at all lol

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I was deeply mulling over if I should just waste u and tangle with CS + rac Today but I chose the defensive play in the end, a true mistake though, if Faddy was me he would've probably by-the-booked it and won in my position

Probably shouldn't've name-claimed outta the gate Today but I wanted to begin by building some soft cred, but of course #NATHANPRESCOTT I should've seen that coming

I put you in a bad position to win in the final day.

Congrats to town. Especially rac for getting it right when he was in a really difficult spot.

I really like this setup. Thanks for running it Fanto. It is simple but has a lot of depth to it for making plays as town and mafia. Wasn't a fan of 48 hour phases though, I think the pace was a little slow on the first couple of days, no one wants to vote or turbo so it stalls right until the deadline.