• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My main takeaway from Chuggs on D1 was his push against Faddy's claiming strategy:

If there were any intent relating to this behind scum's choice to target him, it could perhaps be that he had pointed out that the strategy could be used for role fishing and didn't want him dissuading others from going along with it. Alternatively, he could have been chosen to make it look as though scum!Faddy was trying to take out anyone who wouldn't go along, thus trying to shade Faddy as a result.

It's speculation, but it's all that I can really think of in terms of Chuggs being the target. For all I know, it could have just been an arbitrary choice.

So far only Alexem gives the reads. Y'know, with how much he lends his reads and opens up how they could be incorrect and uses it for discussion, and oftentimes its brushed over, I kind of feel like scum is trying to get us to kill him? But that leaves me to why, were they that scared by day one reads? I also hate set up cause we seem real chummy right now, I feel like I got played to be honest.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
There's a full list of the roles - and their PMs - on the wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3. As it shows, the only role that could send a message would be a friendly neighbour, and even then just to say to another player that they specifically are town-aligned:
MafiaWiki said:
You may target one player per night phase. This player will be sent a message informing them that you are Town-aligned.
So this is either a gambit or a blatant attempt at shading me. Either way, knowing that it's trying to get me mislunched, it gets a vote:
VOTE: CoolestSpot

rac

Oct 25, 2017
i think everyone should probably have a vote down by now as well

i mean, what are you guys waiting for?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so the only thing possible is for a friendly neighbor? Well drat, I was trying to fish for responses today and see if I could right the wrongs of Area51 mafia and maybe catch someone in act of lying and go "AHAHAHA!". But everyone was quiet as hell. 😩 Might as well be a hundred percent honest a bit earlier then I was speaking in the day.

I did not receive a message that Alexem is scum.

I did that Rac is town.

Do with info as you will, I'm gonna have breakfast and post reads.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I find weird is that means Rac sent the message and didn't correct me that he sent the message then, right? rac Is it cause you thought "oh, guess he's scum and no information I give will be helpful to rest of town, I'll see how this plays out"? You never counter claimed that you were the one to really send me a message, trying to figure out why you didn't speak up in some way when you could be now town confirmed. Is it cause you didn't want to be involved by a possible Coolestgambit©, or is it because as I now realize you'll be likely targetted and kill this night phase and oh god I can't edit it? Still, I'd like some reasoning here.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Pulling a gambit with five townies left, potentially one day before LyLo, strikes me as a really, really, bad idea. Still, I'm not sure that scum would honestly try to make a claim like that without noticing that there's no way for it to work out.

If CS is being serious about receiving a message to say that rac is town, then that could make rac the friendly neighbour. (Or it could be that they're scum-mates trying to cover each other, although that would be a pretty gutsy move.)

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling a gambit with five townies left, potentially one day before LyLo, strikes me as a really, really, bad idea. Still, I'm not sure that scum would honestly try to make a claim like that without noticing that there's no way for it to work out.

If CS is being serious about receiving a message to say that rac is town, then that could make rac the friendly neighbour. (Or it could be that they're scum-mates trying to cover each other, although that would be a pretty gutsy move.)

not much but this is the best breadcrumb i could come up with

no lunch

hella yes!

thats all be hella best friends forever

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on here?

So Rac is the neighbour. Fine but why did you out him coolest? That info feels like it is something that could have waited until it seemed like Rac was in danger of dying.

similarly if i lived through the night id bet there was a good chance you weren't scum

Why would you think this? Coolest wouldn't have received the note until after night actions were locked.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
lol and here I was about to come in and say that rac was wrong about me, but town. Guess that clears things up.

I actually find Alexem's reaction to Coolest mildly interesting. Quickly drops a vote when there's no immediate danger of him dying.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
for tonight not last

I mean that isn't true. We still have a 50% chance there is a jailer and you can be saved.

Here is the plan now. IF we happen to go on the other PR they should not claim their role.

All they say is I AM A PR. That way they can still be counter claimed but scum don't know if they are a tracker or jailer.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
actually i kinda feel like i blew up my game for no reason, wish i just kept my mouth shut

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the vote D1 that i two confirmed towns on coolest with Z-beat being the 3rd.

Z-Beat is still doing nothing.

VOTE: Z-Beat

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I actually find Alexem's reaction to Coolest mildly interesting. Quickly drops a vote when there's no immediate danger of him dying.
Given that it was clear to me that CS was lying about getting a red check on me, I'd say that it was necessary to put some pressure on to get the truth from him - I think that goes a bit beyond OMGUS, as it seems you're insinuating.

As an aside, it might be worth bearing in mind that if rac's a neighbour, then that means scum must have a role cop on their side.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is going on here?

So Rac is the neighbour. Fine but why did you out him coolest? That info feels like it is something that could have waited until it seemed like Rac was in danger of dying.

Why would you think this? Coolest wouldn't have received the note until after night actions were locked.
Y'all were gonna kill him today going by early day and yesterday. I know I was on the "kill rac" train beforehand. Now, sure, I should've waited until y'all were 2 or so votes from him about to be killed. But eh, this messy situation has left us in just a dandy spot now. Because I have no idea where we're gonna end up as town, and I feel like me and rac and confirmed town, so...

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all were gonna kill him today going by early day and yesterday. I know I was on the "kill rac" train beforehand. Now, sure, I should've waited until y'all were 2 or so votes from him about to be killed. But eh, this messy situation has left us in just a dandy spot now. Because I have no idea where we're gonna end up as town, and I feel like me and rac and confirmed town, so...

I don't feel like there was any immediate danger of a turbo on anyone, never mind rac who had 1 vote.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
fuck it im bored ill play your little game

cop/tracker: lp
jail: cs
neighbour: chugger

I was going to ask why coolest thought he was confirmed when he was only going to be giving info rac revealed. But rac lied about his neighbour target. I guess picking chuggs makes it not an awful lie but if rac died and coolest claimed the note got lynched for lying as town that would be a dumb way to lose.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What I find weird is that means Rac sent the message and didn't correct me that he sent the message then, right? rac Is it cause you thought "oh, guess he's scum and no information I give will be helpful to rest of town, I'll see how this plays out"? You never counter claimed that you were the one to really send me a message, trying to figure out why you didn't speak up in some way when you could be now town confirmed. Is it cause you didn't want to be involved by a possible Coolestgambit©, or is it because as I now realize you'll be likely targetted and kill this night phase and oh god I can't edit it? Still, I'd like some reasoning here.
If rac sent the message to you then why is the neighbor target that rac chose chuggs? Moreover why would rac send a message to someone with so much heat?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Given that it was clear to me that CS was lying about getting a red check on me, I'd say that it was necessary to put some pressure on to get the truth from him - I think that goes a bit beyond OMGUS, as it seems you're insinuating.

As an aside, it might be worth bearing in mind that if rac's a neighbour, then that means scum must have a role cop on their side.

Hmm I dunno, I think you overreacted, as in "oh snap how did he know is he actually the cop, now it makes sense why he claimed vanilla, we should've shot him last night, man this sentence got long" overreacted. If Coolest had said I was scum, I would've been more puzzled than retaliatory. Clearly his claim made zero sense given the setup; would scum try a gambit like this on a quiet day when they're so close to winning?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If rac sent the message to you then why is the neighbor target that rac chose chuggs? Moreover why would rac send a message to someone with so much heat?

Heat? Coolest was the second wagon and claimed vanilla. Very low odds that scum would shoot there last night.

You are both right here. Coolest had a lot of heat and was unlikely to die. That is why it makes sense to send him the message since you know he is going to be able to verify a claim if you need it the next day.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Hmm I dunno, I think you overreacted, as in "oh snap how did he know is he actually the cop, now it makes sense why he claimed vanilla, we should've shot him last night, man this sentence got long" overreacted. If Coolest had said I was scum, I would've been more puzzled than retaliatory. Clearly his claim made zero sense given the setup; would scum try a gambit like this on a quiet day when they're so close to winning?
What? If I'm suddenly facing a fake red check without basis, my first reaction is to make it clear that the accusation is baseless and - given the reasoning CS gave for his claim - not possible given the setup. Should I have just said back and thought 'Hmm, shall I just sit back and let CS set me up for a mislynch"?

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (2 votes)
Faddy - #268
CoolestSpot - #273

CoolestSpot (1 votes)
Alexem - #254

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
rac - #197

rac (1 votes)
Blargonaut - #211

Not voting: Z-Beat, Lone_Prodigy

Post Counts:
rac: 21 Blargonaut: 17 Alexem: 15 CoolestSpot: 14 Lone_Prodigy: 12 Faddy: 12 Z-Beat: 8

Current Countdown:
1lq9dou3ql

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It does kind of irk me that Rac lied about his neighbour target.

If he is the neighbour then it says we are against a rolecop. I'm looking at possibilities Rac is lying and there are some but they are pretty wild. Like scum would be 2 goons and we only have a jailkeeper. But that seems so unlikely for them to risk. Every other set up as far as I can tell would see a counterclaim against a fake neighbour.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I thought we would get a spike of activity towards the deadline. Doesn't look like it is hapening.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I might as well go ahead with this, then. At the risk of looking like OMGUS, I'm going to have to go with:
VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

For one thing, I'm inclined see the sense in what Faddy and rac's comments from earlier in the day:
Mix of thinking he was sort of scummy for hammering but maybe a target for mafia since he did it. So jailing would work both ways.
my thoughts on lp are this
dont like that he briefly mentioned other top vote getters before jumping straight to me with one of the most halfhearted pushes ive ever seen
seems like a perfect way to set up a lunch down the road when both kopite and coolest flip town
the hammer at days end to save us from a tie just seemed like something to do to appear townie
Aside from that, though, there's the manner of LP's involvement in this game. When I've played with or specced town!LP, I'm used to seeing fairly short statements from him - usually quick points or remarks. When LP's been scum, however - Brexit 2, MafiaEra and Love Boat 3 are the ones that come to mind - then I've seen him give more detailed posts, with more direct interaction with what's being said. That's the kind of play I'm seeing from him here. I had some suspicions about this on D1, but it's continued today. I'm aware that I've been a target for his focus today, so yes I understand if this does look like a reflexive vote, but the way he's been acting has been raising red flags for me. Whether or not others agree, I leave to you.

I could also entertain the prospect of an LP/Z-Beat scum team. I still don't know fully what to make of Z-Beat, but I don't think that I could read him as town yet.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I got a message last night and dont know if its worth bringing up cause it was simple pm and anyone town or scum could've sent.

But it said Alexem is scum

This seems gambity as fuck me posting it late today and then saying "OH ALEXEM IS SCUM", I doubted if I should even post this as itll like me getting lynched today and who knows the source, but as im tryng to better my town game I thought it best to lay it all out for y'all.
lol Creativity is a scumtell esp. in this game

bad idea man