• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
i cant wait to watch pricefield fuck in hi res
NlDbrxD.jpg

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Nice to know it's still coming at the beginning of February. Considering they pretty much haven't talked about it in months lol
My worry is Deck Nine has been crunching like crazy and took on too much. As far as we currently know, the remasters are being made in-house. (Though for their sake, I hope there was some outsourcing.) Given that they had to retool parts of their engine to get True Colors to run acceptably on Switch, porting the remasters to Switch is probably also not easy.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to be hyped for the remasters, but hard to because it seems like very minor changes graphically. Would have been great to have it use the True Colors engine.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
It's already Bae vs Bay in there. (Ironic and not.) I hate discussing LiS1 on here so much.

First reply even. That's why I usually stay away from LiS threads. It's always the same discussion like an endless cycle. Also congrats to those people for technically spoiling a major thing in the game, even if it's without any context.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oh man, feels strange being back with LiS1. Havent really played it since release.

I've missed you Max.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Anything come of those rumors that LiS4 is a Max/Chloe continuation?
Sadly nothing yet. I don't think we'll get any substantial leaks until the project is in the later stages of production. Just like the leaks for True Colors.

However, I do have some idea of who is currently working on LiS4. Going off new hires in 2022 and established crew still at D9 that did not work on The Expanse. (As well as those who sadly had to leave D9 and the project to protect less senior staff.)
75qirpz.png

This is all assuming D9 doesn't have another Telltale project or something in the works too.
Jonathan Stauder? Has to be game director. He's the only game director I know of working at D9 with an unannounced project. Interestingly enough, he directed Batman: The Telltale Series at the former Telltale.
Felice Kuan? Definitely has to be narrative director for the game. She was a staff writer for both Before the Storm and True Colors.
Mallory Littleton? Former lead narrative designer on the game. She left during the layoffs to protect less veteran staff. She was a staff writer for both Before the Storm and True Colors.
Deandra Warrick? Lead writer until she left during the layoffs to protect less veteran staff. She was a staff writer for True Colors.
Aysha U. Farah? Former (staff) writer on the project and now lead writer after Warrick's leaving.

The rest of these names are likely staff writers and/or narrative designers on the game. (Historically D9 doesn't credit narrative designers on their games but often they get credited for writing).
James Wright
Elizabeth Ballou
Giselle Francis

Last edited:

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Listen, I love the first game. I read the comics and enjoyed them too.

I'm not sure I need another story involving Max and Chloe. Part of the hook of the first game is that Max is an unsuspecting hero. She's a child burdened with this power.

Having her out there now solving crimes or whatever doesn't seem like a logical development.

I'd still check it out, of course, but if there is a new Life is Strange in development, I'd prefer a totally new story.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I love the first game. I read the comics and enjoyed them too.

I'm not sure I need another story involving Max and Chloe. Part of the hook of the first game is that Max is an unsuspecting hero. She's a child burdened with this power.

Having her out there now solving crimes or whatever doesn't seem like a logical development.

I'd still check it out, of course, but if there is a new Life is Strange in development, I'd prefer a totally new story.
I have faith the core team, which I've nailed down fairly well, wouldn't go this route unless they were confident they could do it well. I am taking the rumor/leak with a big pile of salt since it's building off a years old pitch. All said and done, the original LiS team really fucked over Max and Chloe. So seeing a team of women, including queer women, unfuck what a bunch of dudes did would be fitting.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not playing a game in the wrong timeline.
There's no way anybody on the team wants Chloe to be dead dead. They wouldn't do this without her, though I have a feeling Burch will have passed the role onto Rhianna DeVries.

If this is legit, I fully expect the marketing to play with people up until release. For better and worse.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
LiS fan for life, I'll check out whatever they put out.

And yes, I miss Max and Chloe but I want them out there having a wonderful relaxed queer life. They've been through enough.