• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a three years gap between BtS & Season 1. Many things can be explained by the famous "three years gap" (It's BtS's own "Use your imagination" I guess :P) but the main storyline of BtS doesn't gel at all with Season 1 IMO, bringing then big plotholes in the main story.

About Rachel disappearance, you could tell yourself "Maybe Rachel joined her OG mom somewhere" but Sera doesn't exist in Season 1 so Chloe will never mention the business in the Amber family... Family that seems perfectly normal when Chloe talk about them to Max. Hell, Chloe can even mention she use to do sleepovers at Rachel house because Rachel parents were cooler but in BtS, daddy Amber is portrayed as an individual willing to get rid of another human being by paying a known criminal. He should also be number 1 suspect in Rachel's disappearance.

Also, Frank is now a guy that killed someone (in a comical way but whatever) while Season 1 portrayed him as no more than a shitty drug dealer, not a guy willing to go that far (self defense of not)

I was more responding to the 'why would Rachel hook up with Frank' question. I won't deny there are inconsistencies between both games. I like to think that perhaps she went to him for
pain meds after her injury and got involved with him that way
(or something).

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
LiS Before the Storm Episode 3 Finale Spoilers
The more I think about the end scene, that infamous 15 second cell phone cut, the more unnecessary and disrespectful it feels. As I was playing BtS I was thinking how it managed to avoid the kind of predatory, shock scenes that I felt were kind of exploitative in the first Life Is Strange, and then, after an emotional wrap up, they stick the knife in. It felt akin to talking about the grisly murder details at a wake. We know what happens to Rachel--the game did so much to celebrate her life and her humanity--so why remind us at the literal end of the game?

Anyway, that Daughter soundtrack is great.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone else get an amusing glitch in BtS Episode 3 during...

The hospital table-top game with Mikey, Steph, and Drew. At a certain point, Drew warped in front of Steph, still stuck in his 'scrolling through phone' animation. The result being his phone hand inside Steph's head and his scrolling hand just repeatedly poking her in the face while she tried to DM.

I had trouble focusing on the rest of the scene because I was laughing too hard.

Matthew

Oct 26, 2017
LiS Before the Storm Episode 3 Finale Spoilers
The more I think about the end scene, that infamous 15 second cell phone cut, the more unnecessary and disrespectful it feels. As I was playing BtS I was thinking how it managed to avoid the kind of predatory, shock scenes that I felt were kind of exploitative in the first Life Is Strange, and then, after an emotional wrap up, they stick the knife in. It felt akin to talking about the grisly murder details at a wake. We know what happens to Rachel--the game did so much to celebrate her life and her humanity--so why remind us at the literal end of the game?

I didn't think about it there and then but they could have just shown the booth picture session and that would have left us with a positive memory.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Good morning!

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Did anyone else get an amusing glitch in BtS Episode 3 during...

The hospital table-top game with Mikey, Steph, and Drew. At a certain point, Drew warped in front of Steph, still stuck in his 'scrolling through phone' animation. The result being his phone hand inside Steph's head and his scrolling hand just repeatedly poking her in the face while she tried to DM.

I had trouble focusing on the rest of the scene because I was laughing too hard.

I got one where

Mikey's head popped up in Steph's torso area while she was DMing

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't played the second D&D scene yet. I picked to stay in the room with Mikey in episode 2, which apparently meant that I didn't get the option to play with them in episode 3.
I guess it at least means I didn't have to experience those weird bugs that everyone keeps talking about haha. I have a second save file with the other choice in episode 2 though, so I'll play it eventually, hopefully after they patch that stuff though.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm a pretty light weight LiS fan, like I only beat the games and don't read fanfic or anything lol. Don't have any crazy theories or wild opinions either, I just really liked the games and that's it. Sometimes I feel out of place in LiS discussions because of this lol.

Anyway, in retrospect, one thing both LiS games made me do after the fact was explore new music. I dunno if music discussion is allowed in this topic, but did LiS also make you guys try new music? Got any playlists or song compilations that remind you of or were inspired by LiS?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a pretty light weight LiS fan, like I only beat the games and don't read fanfic or anything lol. Don't have any crazy theories or wild opinions either, I just really liked the games and that's it. Sometimes I feel out of place in LiS discussions because of this lol.

Anyway, in retrospect, one thing both LiS games made me do after the fact was explore new music. I dunno if music discussion is allowed in this topic, but did LiS also make you guys try new music? Got any playlists or song compilations that remind you of or were inspired by LiS?
Hey, first of all don't feel bad if you aren't as crazy about the game as some of us in here are haha, that's fine! And we can totally talk about music in here!

Yes, both the first game and prequel have kind of reshaped my taste in music over the last couple years. I'm like super into indie alt rock and chill folk type stuff now because of those soundtracks. I don't have any playlists put together or anything, but I've listened to a lot of albums by the bands in the games.

Syd Matters and Daughter were the ones who did the OSTs for the original and the prequel respectively, and their albums are pretty great. Then there's Local Natives, alt-J, Mud Flow, Broods, Sparklehorse, Wolf Alice, Speedy Ortiz, Lanterns on the Lake, Message to Bears, Mogwai, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. Check out anything by those bands, they are all great and have songs featured in the games.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i added pretty much the whole BTS soundtrack to my apple music library after playing, haha. but i was already into some of the bands that have been featured in LiS beforehand (one of my favorite scenes in the first game was chloe and max waking up to bright eyes' "lua", which i'd already loved before playing the game).

Matthew

Oct 26, 2017

If you haven't listened to the album "Beings" from "Lanterns on the Lake" I highly recommend it. One song in that album is featured in BtS (Through the Cellar Door) but the whole album is good.

I haven't checked their previous albums but will do so soon.

Also try this:

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Hey, first of all don't feel bad if you aren't as crazy about the game as some of us in here are haha, that's fine! And we can totally talk about music in here!

Yes, both the first game and prequel have kind of reshaped my taste in music over the last couple years. I'm like super into indie alt rock and chill folk type stuff now because of those soundtracks. I don't have any playlists put together or anything, but I've listened to a lot of albums by the bands in the games.

Syd Matters and Daughter were the ones who did the OSTs for the original and the prequel respectively, and their albums are pretty great. Then there's Local Natives, alt-J, Mud Flow, Broods, Sparklehorse, Wolf Alice, Speedy Ortiz, Lanterns on the Lake, Message to Bears, Mogwai, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. Check out anything by those bands, they are all great and have songs featured in the games.

i added pretty much the whole BTS soundtrack to my apple music library after playing, haha. but i was already into some of the bands that have been featured in LiS beforehand (one of my favorite scenes in the first game was chloe and max waking up to bright eyes' "lua", which i'd already loved before playing the game).

If you haven't listened to the album "Beings" from "Lanterns on the Lake" I highly recommend it. One song in that album is featured in BtS (Through the Cellar Door) but the whole album is good.

I haven't checked their previous albums but will do so soon.

Also try this:

Thanks so far guys. :) I'mma slap all these names into Youtube later and maybe after enough listening google/youtube will start auto-suggesting similar tracks haha. That's how I got into lo-fi/chill out music anyway. :p

I'll share this.

When I found it the other day, it reminded me of LiS pretty quick and it's been on my mind since which is why I'm in this thread now lol.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so far guys. :) I'mma slap all these names into Youtube later and maybe after enough listening google/youtube will start auto-suggesting similar tracks haha. That's how I got into lo-fi/chill out music anyway. :p

I'll share this.

When I found it the other day, it reminded me of LiS pretty quick and it's been on my mind since which is why I'm in this thread now lol.

Wow, I'm only a little ways into that video so far but I'm really digging these songs, thanks for sharing it! Definitely feels very LiS.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017

I'll share this.

Thanks, this is good stuff!

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me what is up with the running animation in BtS? Witness the scene after the play where Chloe and Rachel are
discussing leaving town/kissing/etc
. They both run away like they have a load in their pants. Kinda ruins the scene for me.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers for the series. Just some random thoughts that I've been musing over the last few days so sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling or anything. Didn't edit much.

So after being depressed for a few days because the story is over and the characters I've loved are gone. I replayed season 1 again and it feels like my heart is breaking for these characters. Season 1 felt like an adventure that ended in tragedy. BtS feels like a beautiful moment in time that won't last any longer than I play it.

Because we only see how Rachel makes Chloe feel special, and we don't see how Rachel makes others feel special, uncovering the past that Rachel shared with others leading up to season 1 feels like a betrayal to Chloe. It's hard to look at someone who acts differently as someone who is trying to fit in rather than someone who acts differently because they are hiding something.

Instead of coming to understand the emotional void of happiness that needed to be filled, Rachel learned how to chase the feeling of being desired or how it made her feel to be the cause of happiness in others.

Chloe's happiness worked like a mirror for Rachel. Rachel makes Chloe happy so Rachel thought that she was happy herself. To Rachel, love is contagious just as laughter can be. But there's a difference between laughing at a joke and laughing because of the atmosphere. It's a different feeling. Laughing with others is a social behavior, it's laughter derived from communication rather than a reaction to a humorous event. Happiness worked very similarly for Rachel. She probably wasn't happy alone and needed others to feel happy so she could be too.

Chloe wanted to be with Rachel and Rachel never wanted to be alone. Chloe really did make Rachel happy but Chloe also goes through heartbreak, and while Chloe may not be able to control her emotions she is good at facing them. Not so much for Rachel. Rachel may lash out but only to preserve her happiness rather than confront what hurts her.

What makes matters worse for Chloe is Rachel never learned that about herself so Chloe is left to do so. Chloe is left to learn that her love for Rachel wasn't enough for her.

Whatever the details that happened between BtS and Season 1 were, I assume that Rachel may have been confronted as having acted differently around others and had probably been called out on it a few times. She would change to make those she was around happy and because it was a small town those changes in personality probably didn't go unnoticed by others. It didn't seem malicious or manipulative, but Rachel may have become confrontational on the subject because she wanted to be so much to so many that when others saw the side of her she didn't want to face she would deflect, leave the situation and try again with someone else where she could get a fresh start. That's not to say she abandoned her previous relationships but was probably better at building relationships than repairing them as repairing would force self reflection.

Regardless of the events, I don't think the relationship between Chloe and Rachel would last, but because of how it ended in tragedy there is no opportunity for closure.

Seeing how Rachel made Chloe feel in BtS makes so many of the decisions in Season 1 that much harder. I connected and sympathized with Chloe for her confusion and fear of losing someone but it wasn't until BtS did I understand that it wasn't necessarily a lack of maturity that made Chloe angry, it was her inability to objectively look at the actions of someone she loved. And honestly, who can. It's hard to sit and attempt to view a good relationship you have with someone with the objective of reducing what makes you happy to better understand the relationship. I wanted so badly for them to be together that when I see how confused Chloe was by uncovering Rachel's past it made me feel terrible for her. As Chloe was falling in love with Rachel so was I making me also sympathize more deeply for Frank as well. I could see how easy it was to love Rachel Amber.

BtS did a wonderful job of sharpening the knife that the events in Season 1 twisted, and as I said in the BtS thread, parts of the ending didn't work for me but the overall narrative does an incredible job at making me sympathize more deeply with the characters thought the series. One of my favorites of all time.

As most of you have pointed out the soundtrack is fantastic, but I have to stop listening to it before I get even more depressed.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for the series. Just some random thoughts that I've been musing over the last few days so sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling or anything. Didn't edit much.

So after being depressed for a few days because the story is over and the characters I've loved are gone. I replayed season 1 again and it feels like my heart is breaking for these characters. Season 1 felt like an adventure that ended in tragedy. BtS feels like a beautiful moment in time that won't last any longer than I play it.

Because we only see how Rachel makes Chloe feel special, and we don't see how Rachel makes others feel special, uncovering the past that Rachel shared with others leading up to season 1 feels like a betrayal to Chloe. It's hard to look at someone who acts differently as someone who is trying to fit in rather than someone who acts differently because they are hiding something.

Instead of coming to understand the emotional void of happiness that needed to be filled, Rachel learned how to chase the feeling of being desired or how it made her feel to be the cause of happiness in others.

Chloe's happiness worked like a mirror for Rachel. Rachel makes Chloe happy so Rachel thought that she was happy herself. To Rachel, love is contagious just as laughter can be. But there's a difference between laughing at a joke and laughing because of the atmosphere. It's a different feeling. Laughing with others is a social behavior, it's laughter derived from communication rather than a reaction to a humorous event. Happiness worked very similarly for Rachel. She probably wasn't happy alone and needed others to feel happy so she could be too.

Chloe wanted to be with Rachel and Rachel never wanted to be alone. Chloe really did make Rachel happy but Chloe also goes through heartbreak, and while Chloe may not be able to control her emotions she is good at facing them. Not so much for Rachel. Rachel may lash out but only to preserve her happiness rather than confront what hurts her.

What makes matters worse for Chloe is Rachel never learned that about herself so Chloe is left to do so. Chloe is left to learn that her love for Rachel wasn't enough for her.

Whatever the details that happened between BtS and Season 1 were, I assume that Rachel may have been confronted as having acted differently around others and had probably been called out on it a few times. She would change to make those she was around happy and because it was a small town those changes in personality probably didn't go unnoticed by others. It didn't seem malicious or manipulative, but Rachel may have become confrontational on the subject because she wanted to be so much to so many that when others saw the side of her she didn't want to face she would deflect, leave the situation and try again with someone else where she could get a fresh start. That's not to say she abandoned her previous relationships but was probably better at building relationships than repairing them as repairing would force self reflection.

Regardless of the events, I don't think the relationship between Chloe and Rachel would last, but because of how it ended in tragedy there is no opportunity for closure.

Seeing how Rachel made Chloe feel in BtS makes so many of the decisions in Season 1 that much harder. I connected and sympathized with Chloe for her confusion and fear of losing someone but it wasn't until BtS did I understand that it wasn't necessarily a lack of maturity that made Chloe angry, it was her inability to objectively look at the actions of someone she loved. And honestly, who can. It's hard to sit and attempt to view a good relationship you have with someone with the objective of reducing what makes you happy to better understand the relationship. I wanted so badly for them to be together that when I see how confused Chloe was by uncovering Rachel's past it made me feel terrible for her. As Chloe was falling in love with Rachel so was I making me also sympathize more deeply for Frank as well. I could see how easy it was to love Rachel Amber.

BtS did a wonderful job of sharpening the knife that the events in Season 1 twisted, and as I said in the BtS thread, parts of the ending didn't work for me but the overall narrative does an incredible job at making me sympathize more deeply with the characters thought the series. One of my favorites of all time.

As most of you have pointed out the soundtrack is fantastic, but I have to stop listening to it before I get even more depressed.
Hey, glad you decided to stop by here too!

I agree with a lot of what you said (I ramble on about these games a lot too so don't feel bad about that haha). I don't think I would have been able to express those thoughts very well though, I'm not the best at talking about deep stuff like that. There's so much to break down about Rachel and Chloe, and so much to speculate on about the time between the end of BtS and the start of the first game, so I enjoyed reading your personal thoughts on those topics. Feel free to stick around with us in here and post any other thoughts you have, we're all here for you.

Try not to get too down about the sad stuff, that's never good. I've honestly sat in bed at night and just cried sometimes while thinking about Chloe, but then I always try to just remember the fun and happy times too, and all of the great moments that happen throughout the two games.

Here's a hug!
r9darQ4.gif

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

Ha! Thats a great gif to focus on the good times. Thanks!

Yeah, it really kind of awestruck how well this game made me connect with the characters. Typically if I connect deeply with a character it's because Ioved the person they were in a situation and how they handled an obstacle or something in their story, but I really think you could remove characters like Rachel, Chloe, Max, and more from these situations and they would still be as flesh out and interesting. Really have to commend those involved with creating such great characters.

Happy to finish BtS and LiS and think that this will be a series I frequently replay for years to come!

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see where LiS 2 goes, considering that the original game pretty definitively closed the book on the superpower shenanigans and it's not going to follow the characters people know and care about. Dontnod have their work cut out for them.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah LiS 2 is going to be really interesting to hear more about. I have a lot of faith in that team at Dontnod though. I mean, it's not like we knew anything about Arcadia Bay (or our Arcadia Baes) before playing the first game, but they totally blew us away with those characters and that world. They definitely have a lot to live up to, but I really do think they can pull it off again.

As for what to expect, I think they'll still go for some kind of supernatural theme that can be tied into the larger narrative, like how time travel was used as both a gameplay mechanic and a metaphor in the first game.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not expecting Max and Chloe* to show up in Life is Strange S2, or Blackwell and Arcadia Bay. Assuming they're set in the same world, it'd be neat to see side characters from LiS and BtS have roles in LiS2. Steph and Kate* and so on.

Whatever supernatural power they go with will be interesting to see. I can see something like the main character has the ability to possess/control other characters.

based on the canonical choices and ending

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm confident in Dontnod as well. :) The biggest hurdle the next LiS will have to get over is constantly being compared to the original. Personally speaking I've had enough time to settle my thoughts and feelings about LiS and it's characters, I'm just ready to be told a new story by these great writers. I don't usually say that about Western games, but LiS really connected with me so I'm all ears for Dontnod's future tales. Lookin forward to both Vampyr and LiS2.
===========

Further investigating the music of LiS, I didn't know this until just now but the Vortex Club Party had an entire DJ-Mix lasting almost a half hour.

(No spoilers in vid, so don't worry.)

It's crazy that most people, including myself, will never and have never heard more than the first couple songs lol.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, I doubt we'll ever control these characters again but maybe Chloe's dream world or Max's world that she's brought into through the various timelines could play a part. Maybe the new protagonist could see Max traveling through time or their paths could cross in some way that allows us to see Chloe or Max again. Max's story may be over but I'd be happy to see that her actions still affected the overall narrative of another series.

I'm hoping that we don't have any new powers and keep the narrative in a time traveling spectrum of supernatural, but honestly they can do whatever they want and I'll be there day one. Thought a prequel was a terrible idea too, and I was hella wrong.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
If scars are for the living
Then I could be forgiven
And everything you need
I could give you
If scars are for the living
Then I could be forgiven
And everything you have
I take too

*feels*

I went to a Broods concert in Seattle having no idea who they were. They were fantastic but now I regret not appreciating them the way I do now. Need to rewind time and see that show again.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Further investigating the music of LiS, I didn't know this until just now but the Vortex Club Party had an entire DJ-Mix lasting almost a half hour.

(No spoilers in vid, so don't worry.)

It's crazy that most people, including myself, will never and have never heard more than the first couple songs lol.

Oh wow, that's really cool!

I know at least one of those tracks is used earlier in the game too actually. The one that starts at 13:30, called All Eyes On Me (https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/all-eyes-on-me_79575?category=23425). It's at the beginning of episode 2 when you first come out of Max's room, Victoria is blaring that song in her room haha. I remember someone bringing it up as one of their favorite tracks either in the BtS OT here or back on gaf lol I bookmarked that audionetwork link to it from their post.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think DONTNOD have gone on record as saying Chloe and Max's stories are done and they won't be appearing in the sequel. I do kinda hope they reintroduce the time travel element though as BtS did suffer a little by not having the same potential dithering over story choices that the original did - part of the fun in the first game, was after making a choice, listening to Max's opinion of your choice, then rewinding and playing out the scenario again, to see what 'feels' better in your own mind. BtS lost a little of that emotional struggle, for me.

On a side-note, what do people make of the fan theory about
Rachael being the storm
in the original game? A lot of it makes sense, but I remain sceptical as it only really works when you take the second game into consideration, and that wasn't even a 'done deal' at the time the first game was developed. It's still an interesting theory though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVuog2ZWlM

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Rachael being the storm
in the original game? A lot of it makes sense, but I remain sceptical as it only really works when you take the second game into consideration, and that wasn't even a 'done deal' at the time the first game was developed. It's still an interesting theory though.

It's an interesting theory for sure, but I don't think I personally subscribe to it either. I won't shame anyone who believes it though, fan theories are fun, and the games definitely leave a lot of stuff up in the air for fans to interpret as they wish.

The thing I do like to believe is
that the ghostly doe that Max keeps seeing in the first game is like Rachel's spirit animal trying to guide her toward the truth or something like that. If I remember right, in episode 2 when Max sees the doe at the junkyard, the first spot she sees it is literally the spot where Rachel is buried. I don't think I can answer why Rachel would manifest herself as a ghostly doe in the afterlife to do this, but its fun to think about.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Rachael being the storm

Not a bad theory really but yeah, kinda skeptical as well given BtS wasn't planned during production of the first season.

I assume it was probably never meant to be taken as a literal stand in for one particular character or another but on my play through I took the storm to be more metaphorical of Chloe than anything else. Rachel's rage started the initial fire but that died out as her anger dissipated. And when Rachel died she still "remained" as the doe that helped Max stop the storm. So I do think Rachel wouldn't have wanted to really harm Arcadia Bay.

When I played through I was mostly interpreting the storm as being most connected to Chloe. Chloe was lost and confused and became angry at everyone around her because she blamed Arcadia Bay for all her problems. She lost Rachel and she was broken by the end of the story. Always took the storm to be as a form of balance returning after the timelines were tampered with by Max.

Actually, having just played Season 1 again, I realized that the season one feels like one of Chloe's nightmares from BtS. Rachel was dead and deep down I think Chloe knew she was gone. In the briefest of moments she needed someone to protect her from Nathan and Arcadia Bay and who else would she want more than Max, the friend she always wanted to be with her to help her through her life. Max, who Chloe hasn't spoken to in years was became a fantasy that she spoke to in her journals. When she was about to be killed by Nathan her fantasy became reality and her best friend saved her.

Max Sacrificing Chloe could simply be her waking up which ends the nightmare, and Max not saving Chloe means that means that Chloe's nightmare never ends.

I refuse to believe this is canon because it would make me too sad. In my head cannon, Arcadia Bay is inhabited by all the people that chose to sacrifice Chloe in the game and they all died in the storm while me, Max and Chloe left to live happily ever after.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
It's an interesting theory for sure, but I don't think I personally subscribe to it either. I won't shame anyone who believes it though, fan theories are fun, and the games definitely leave a lot of stuff up in the air for fans to interpret as they wish.

Definitely agree! One of the reasons I love this game is because it leaves us all with so many interpretations and so much for all of us to discuss.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, having just played Season 1 again, I realized that the season one feels like one of Chloe's nightmares from BtS. Rachel was dead and deep down I think Chloe knew she was gone. In the briefest of moments she needed someone to protect her from Nathan and Arcadia Bay and who else would she want more than Max, the friend she always wanted to be with her to help her through her life. Max, who Chloe hasn't spoken to in years was became a fantasy that she spoke to in her journals. When she was about to be killed by Nathan her fantasy became reality and her best friend saved her.

Max Sacrificing Chloe could simply be her waking up which ends the nightmare, and Max not saving Chloe means that means that Chloe's nightmare never ends.
Whoa, now this is a theory! I agree that it's way too sad to actually consider as like a head-canon type thing, but wowzers! I'm kind of geeking out about this right now haha, like that is some shit to think about right there.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, now this is a theory! I agree that it's way too sad to actually consider as like a head-canon type thing, but wowzers! I'm kind of geeking out about this right now haha, like that is some shit to think about right there.

Yeah made me sad when I thought about it that way too.

Felt like it worked because Max has personality but she is enough of a blank slate to be able to fill a void for every one of Chloe's fantasies. Max even works as a conduit to let Chloe speak to her parents and others the way she wants actually communicate but is unable to. Max constantly apologizes for Chloe's behavior and in a way I think Chloe actually wants to say what Max is saying. Chloe's mom frequently mentions how much she wanted to be like Max and the Max in season one is certainly the ideal version of that character.

Fortunately, if Life is Strange 2 comes along and someone else has powers that would pretty much invalidate this theory and I could sleep a lot better knowing Chloe isn't completely lost.

But it's a fun (not really "fun") theory I played around with.

Matthew

Oct 26, 2017
Talking about theories what do people think of
the animals, butterfly, doe and crow (in BtS)? So the Doe is Rachel and the butterfly is Chloe, in LiS. But what about the crow in BtS? Any great theories oh and are my assumption about LiS logical or does someone have another spin like the Doe being Max.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about theories what do people think of
the animals, butterfly, doe and crow (in BtS)? So the Doe is Rachel and the butterfly is Chloe, in LiS. But what about the crow in BtS? Any great theories oh and are my assumption about LiS logical or does someone have another spin like the Doe being Max.

Spirituality/Supernaturality itself IMHO. It's in BtS, too.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Oh wow, that's really cool!

I know at least one of those tracks is used earlier in the game too actually. The one that starts at 13:30, called All Eyes On Me (https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/all-eyes-on-me_79575?category=23425). It's at the beginning of episode 2 when you first come out of Max's room, Victoria is blaring that song in her room haha. I remember someone bringing it up as one of their favorite tracks either in the BtS OT here or back on gaf lol I bookmarked that audionetwork link to it from their post.

Oh, now that you mention it I am reminded of that in a surprisingly strong fashion. I remember taking note of the song coming from Victoria's room and going "wowie that's not bad, but you're still a meanie!" haha.

And then of course you wander off to the bathroom after some snooping to take that shower and Victoria is there to remind you that yeah, she's a jerk. I love remembering stuff like this tbh, part of what makes LiS great.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well post it in here too in case anyone missed it elsewhere: