• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Life is Strange Community Thread: Arcadia Baes

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
There will be an another Life is Strange panel in Seattle !

"Join Michel Koch, Co-Creative Director of Life is Strange 2, and the Voice Over cast of the game for an exclusive in-depth discussion where you will discover the stories behind the performances, and behind-the-scenes secrets of the research involved in creating the relatable characters, grounded settings and extraordinary events that define Life is Strange. The panel will be moderated by Andrea Rene, Co-Founder of What’s Good Games. "

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

X marks the spot
Oct 25, 2017
??
There will be an another Life is Strange panel in Seattle !

"Join Michel Koch, Co-Creative Director of Life is Strange 2, and the Voice Over cast of the game for an exclusive in-depth discussion where you will discover the stories behind the performances, and behind-the-scenes secrets of the research involved in creating the relatable characters, grounded settings and extraordinary events that define Life is Strange. The panel will be moderated by Andrea Rene, Co-Founder of What’s Good Games. "
Damn! Wish I could go to this one, alas :(

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Issue 8 of the comic came out this morning. It was a pretty good conclusion to the second arc. I still have some problems with it, namely the lack of any other characters besides the core three, but I think it's worth reading if you have been on the fence. Hopefully the next arc, which starts in October, will rectify that problem.

Anywayyy, I'm super excited for episode 4 tomorrow. Really interested to see how it plays out and where it takes Sean.

Fantomas

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Issue 8 of the comic came out this morning. It was a pretty good conclusion to the second arc. I still have some problems with it, namely the lack of any other characters besides the core three, but I think it's worth reading if you have been on the fence. Hopefully the next arc, which starts in October, will rectify that problem.
Nice. I'll probably still wait for the paperback volume for these ones, it looks like that will come out in October too. I liked reading the first ones like that.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Oh,StrangeRebelGaming is back ! (new video on her youtube channel)
i can't wait for her LiS 2 episode 3 playthrough ah ah.

Televator

Oct 25, 2017
I... don’t think that was a good episode. Some things played out kinda illogically, unless I’m missing something.

Televator

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode! What was illogical for you?
I can’t get around Karen not just calling the cops as soon a Jake told her where Dan was. Also the directorial choices that kinda made Daniel and Sean’s Passion of the Christ level pathos kind of insufferable for me.

It started to remind me of making all the really crappy self harming choices in Heavy Rain while the protag goes through the hammed up quest to look for his stupid son. lol

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I can’t get around Karen not just calling the cops as soon a Jake told her where Dan was. Also the directorial choices that kinda made Daniel and Sean’s Passion of the Christ level pathos kind of insufferable for me.

It started to remind me of making all the really crappy self harming choices in Heavy Rain while the protag goes through the hammed up quest to look for his stupid son. lol
I suppose at first she could have, but when Sean escaped, I think that could've meant they would've just taken Daniel to Childcare services and far away from family.

And while I did kinda like Heavy Rain back when I played it, I don't think it's fair for LiS to compare it to that game hahaha.

Talking about Heavy Rain, had no idea that Quantic Dream helped with the mo-cap.

Televator

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose at first she could have, but when Sean escaped, I think that could've meant they would've just taken Daniel to Childcare services and far away from family.

And while I did kinda like Heavy Rain back when I played it, I don't think it's fair for LiS to compare it to that game hahaha.

Talking about Heavy Rain, had no idea that Quantic Dream helped with the mo-cap.
She would have had to receive and open the letter at a very specific window when the authorities became aware and announced Sean had escaped custody during the night of the escape. Before that, Sean was in a coma and there was lots of time where calling the cops was seemingly the only correct move.

Heavy Rain isn’t a one to one comparison, but it was getting into that territory and I couldn’t help feeling the way I do about it. Which is a shame for me, that suddenly I can’t take LiS2 seriously. I want to like every episode of this series, but now I’m picturing a montage of outrageous and bizarre scenarios, and moments of bad decisions from episode 4 to the tune of Yakety Sax.