• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm the culprit... I posted a link to your image on reddit. But i think people there are not smart enough to navigate through your other images...
Oh yes, i recognize your nickname. Haha, thx for the post on there, i was actually going to do the same thing later today. :D Funny to see the view counter go up like that, every hour about 100 more.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
What's the consensus on the
'Rachel might have supernatural' powers in here btw? The end scene in the first episode appears to demonstrate that she could indeed have some kind of influence on the elements, but I always thought it too be just a symbolism for the cathartic moment she's going through.
But I'm playing through the third episode again after she got stabbed by Daemon, and when you get to the hospital you can here these 2 firemen talking about how the fire just went out for no reason and wondering how that could be. Could this have anything to do with the face that Rachel got stabbed, and that after she passes out and the doctors put her under anesthesia that somehow her mind can finally really rest for a while allowing the fire to die out?
It's a bit of a reach, but I found the timing of the stabbing and the conversation between the 2 firemen a little too coincidental.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What's the consensus on the
'Rachel might have supernatural' powers in here btw? The end scene in the first episode appears to demonstrate that she could indeed have some kind of influence on the elements, but I always thought it too be just a symbolism for the cathartic moment she's going through.
But I'm playing through the third episode again after she got stabbed by Daemon, and when you get to the hospital you can here these 2 firemen talking about how the fire just went out for no reason and wondering how that could be. Could this have anything to do with the face that Rachel got stabbed, and that after she passes out and the doctors put her under anesthesia that somehow her mind can finally really rest for a while allowing the fire to die out?
It's a bit of a reach, but I found the timing of the stabbing and the conversation between the 2 firemen a little too coincidental.
Yeah for me I don't think she has any powers. I think all that was just symbolism and maybe some winking at the fans who were coming up with theories between episodes. I know it's been discussed a few times in here and back in the BtS OT, I can't really remember what the general consensus was. There are a handful of things to point to though that suggest that she might have some kind of powers and not know about them, so I do like the theory, I just don't know if I believe it haha.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah for me I don't think she has any powers. I think all that was just symbolism and maybe some winking at the fans who were coming up with theories between episodes. I know it's been discussed a few times in here and back in the BtS OT, I can't really remember what the general consensus was. There are a handful of things to point to though that suggest that she might have some kind of powers and not know about them, so I do like the theory, I just don't know if I believe it haha.

Yeah, I suppose it'll always be a mystery. I love that it does leave some room for discussion though.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
How good were the previous livestreams?
I think they were all a lot of fun personally. They answer questions from chat and talk about LiS and stuff, and then I think it's fun to see them decide which choices they want to make in the game, especially for some of the more intense stuff, and episode 4 is pretty intense.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, first time posting in this thread! Just found out there's a new livestream today, which will happen while I'm at work this afternoon. Hoping to watch it in short bursts.

How good were the previous livestreams?
They were really fun! At least the first 2, which are the ones I saw entirely, as I haven't finished the 3rd one yet. The cast is pretty sweet, and they tell lots of interesting stuff about the game and recording process. I'd suggest you watch it if you're interested.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, first time posting in this thread! Just found out there's a new livestream today, which will happen while I'm at work this afternoon. Hoping to watch it in short bursts.

They were really fun! At least the first 2, which are the ones I saw entirely, as I haven't finished the 3rd one yet. The cast is pretty sweet, and they tell lots of interesting stuff about the game and recording process. I'd suggest you watch it if you're interested.
Hey, welcome to the thread! And I agree about the livestreams Square does with the cast, they are great. (The new one starts in 15 minutes!)
Grr, totally forgot the last part of the third episode was a pre rendered movie, so picture taking was out of the question. So many good moments in there :(

Fucked Up Situation by
Bram's Videogame Imaging, on Flickr
Ahh yeah, that's unfortunate. What do you use to do the screenshots in BtS by the way?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok haha, I wasn't sure if you had like a camera mod you were using or something.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Oh ok haha, I wasn't sure if you had like a camera mod you were using or something.

Oh yes, that as well. :P I use a cheat engine table provided by IDK31.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCgk9tSSi0yXP9p-SWDv9qgWCOt6Y7Hx/view

Download cheatengine and load in this table. You can then pretty much freeze the game and move the camera around. It's how I've taken all my screenshots. :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656832219

You can use this guide. It's for the first game, but the controls are the same for BTS.

it's a lot of fun. I'm a photographer in real life and it's interesting transferring these techniques to a video game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, that as well. :P I use a cheat engine table provided by IDK31.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCgk9tSSi0yXP9p-SWDv9qgWCOt6Y7Hx/view

Download cheatengine and load in this table. You can then pretty much freeze the game and move the camera around. It's how I've taken all my screenshots. :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656832219

You can use this guide. It's for the first game, but the controls are the same for BTS.

it's a lot of fun. I'm a photographer in real life and it's interesting transferring these techniques to a video game.
Ok cool yeah haha, I have that mod for the first game and took some shots with it a few months ago. That's good to know there is a similar one for BtS, I wanna be able to take dope wallpaper shots the next time I play haha.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the longest episode in general anyways, there's so much stuff that happens, and yeah that puzzle is going to wreck them haha.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RionaaM hey they answered your question on the stream! I knew I recognized that name haha.
Hahaha yeah! I thought they weren't going to answer it because everyone was distracted at the time, but luckily Eric asked again. That was so cool ^^

Sadly I'm on the bus now, so I can't watch the rest of the stream. What's that about the game being locked or broken?

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Poor Hannah, she was clearly having a tough moment during the whole Rachel scene. :(

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I'm on the bus now, so I can't watch the rest of the stream. What's that about the game being locked or broken?
They ran into a weird bug where the game got stuck after Hannah entered in the wrong door code or something haha, it was really weird, they had to reload the game to fix it lol.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They ran into a weird bug where the game got stuck after Hannah entered in the wrong door code or something haha, it was really weird, they had to reload the game to fix it lol.
Wow, didn't know that could happen! I'll have to watch it all, lol

Just as I posted my previous post I realized Twitch works on mobile, so I ended up watching it there. The reactions at the end of the episode were priceless, they really get into the game at times.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
Slightly off-topic considering what's being discussed right now, but I picked up my very own Hawt Dawg Man mug today:

20180425_050505500_iOS.jpg
20180425_050505500_iOS.jpg

Here's the vectorized image in case anyone wants to get their own printed: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aht-NpOxiItKpOUWRHHmW_2k1dSsUg

EDIT: Not sure why the image stopped showing - least for me - so I've reuploaded it.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!

I have an extra copy of it, and I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it. I was thinking about giving it away in here, maybe a raffle or a contest, but I probably wouldn't want to pay for international shipping, so I'd have to exclude people outside the U.S. and that's no fun. Also, I'm not sure how many people are still checking the thread now that BtS is wrapped up, so the amount of people who could win it is probably pretty low haha. I probably won't sell it online though, I'll just keep it in the plastic in mint condition as a collector's version and listen to the other copy whenever I want haha.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So does everyone think we'll be getting Life is Strange 2 this year or next?

It has been almost 3 years since LiS but Dontnod is also releasing Vampyr in June.
LiS 2 this year for sure. Dontnod has multiple teams, the LiS team has been working on the next game for a while now. Also, Vampyr is being published by Focus Home Interactive whereas LiS is through Square.

I'm almost positive that we'll see the next LiS at E3 this year.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox or Playstation briefing?
My best guess would be Xbox just because that is where BtS was last year. I could see it being at Sony's too though, or even just announced by Square independently maybe the week before E3 starts or something. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're going to see it soon haha.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
First episode definitely in 2018. Maybe even 2. Curious to see what the time gaps will be between the episodes.

Deleted member 25323

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's few games I'm counting on appearing at e3, but LiS 2 is one of them. If last year is anything to go by, it'll probably be at the Xbox briefing