• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
I hope I won't come off as too negative, but this is kind of why I dislike prequels, and especially in this case, when it's done by a different developer.

We know from episode 3 that
Max has some kind of social/emotional disorder (files in Wells' office) and that William's death likely affected her just as much as it did Chloe, since she is so much different in the timeline where William lives.

Dontnod trusts the player and their inteligence to put the pieces together, Deck Nine makes it on the nose with "Why aren't you responding, Max" type of text messages.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of forget sometimes that Max is most likely on the spectrum in some way, which is actually even hinted at in the very first episode, when Victoria says "Oh, you must have taken your meds today" or something like that to make fun of her outside the dorm. I picked up on that the other day though and remembered all of that stuff, but I actually hadn't ever connected that to how different she is in the alternate timeline, that is an interesting bit that I hadn't considered before.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not good at talking about complicated stuff like this, I'll just go back to posting cute gifs.

tenor.gif

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
The conceit of Before the Storm being from Chloe's perspective makes it all work for me. Double so with Chloe and Max at that age. It's rife with misunderstanding and such. Across both LiS and BtS, I came to understand why Max and Chloe both behaved how they did. I don't feel either was right or wrong.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I do think they went a bit overboard with Chloe constantly mentioning how Max left her, especially in the diary notes.
She didn't actually talk about it with anyone in the game though, did she?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I do think they went a bit overboard with Chloe constantly mentioning how Max left her, especially in the diary notes.
She didn't actually talk about it with anyone in the game though, did she?
You have the option in episode 3 to talk to Sera about it, but I'm pretty sure most of us picked the option to mention her dad, because it was about her knowing what loss is like too.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a gif that I'm sure everyone who played BtS is going to want to have!
giphy.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*shakes up spray paint can*
*sprays CHLOE WAS HERE, WARREN IS A LOSER on wall of thread*
*quickly exits thread*

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Did I tell you guys that I named my car Chloe like two years ago because it's blue and causes me problems

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Those "name giving jokes" made me legit laugh out loud. Exactly what I needed this morning. Thank you!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Reading about this and that former QD are at DontNoD I hope more of them join Dont so they can make an even awesomer Life is Strange.

They don't deserve to work under those conditions. Cage is creepy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cu...ce-working-conditions-toxic-atmosphere.16349/

Yeah, I just saw that thread. Puts David Cage and his whole studio on another creep level. The story about how he collected hundrets of pictures of Ellen Page growing up through the Google Image seach and more before contacting her to play the main character in Beyond: Two Souls was already super creepy and the final nail in the coffin for me about him. But this puts it on yet another level. Absolutely disgusting.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I replayed the original game, after playing through the prequel, with the express purpose of
choosing the Bay ending at the end
- it speaks to the impeccable job they did with the characters, that I *still* couldn't
bring myself to do the deed, and chickened out.
Unbelievable.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I replayed the original game, after playing through the prequel, with the express purpose of
choosing the Bay ending at the end
- it speaks to the impeccable job they did with the characters, that I *still* couldn't
bring myself to do the deed, and chickened out.
Unbelievable.
I've tried this too but I just can't bring myself to do it

The music of the Bay ending is impeccable as well.

I was listening to it at work a few days ago and I got emotional and my friend was like "dude are you okay"

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
I never could choose the other ending in my game. Even after finishing it for the first time, I just watched it on YouTube rather than actively making that choice in the game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I went back to the photo-mode mod again and finished up Episode 1. I figured out how to use the depth of field settings this time too, I was just dumb and forgot to tick the box for it in cheat engine haha. The one of Chloe dancing was the first time I tried using them, so it looks a bit janky since I was still getting used to it, but I think the other ones turned out alright.

I also decided to use Durante's GeDoSaTo mod to take full 4K screenshots rather than the downsampled ones from last time.

sYN2nYd.jpg

07aO7z2.jpg

yqi9CHH.jpg

utcxE5u.jpg

XW8IYMY.jpg

I'll most likely play through Episode 2 later tonight as well, this mod is way too fun haha. It really is a shame this game never got a proper photo-mode so console players could do this stuff too.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if someone has had the balls to get that tattoo Chloe has.

That would be quiet the commitment.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
colors look kind of faded, but it's still a great piece

here's another good one:

31a449497ade326a16ee6f3190ce3ae0.jpg

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't know if I could ever get a huge tattoo like that done, I would probably pass out haha. I could totally see myself getting a blue butterfly one though like the one Lexible has, that would be pretty awesome (and probably not as expensive).
Is anyone else here so deep in the innards of obsessive fandom that they have a LiS inspired tattoo?

ebEh7NF.jpg

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
If you don't do it, the person who calls Manchester gets to punch you

I'm just joking tho, lol