• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't got too far in to Episode 2 yet with the photo mod, but I wanted to share some funny/weird screenshots from me deciding to no-clip around the dorms before exiting Max's room lol.

First up, here's Warren doing his creeper stuff. He would go through this animation, then disappear for like 10 seconds or so, then pop back into existence and do it again lol.
fdBQid4.png

After that, I decided to cruise back into the dorms, and I found a bunch of characters in T-Poses.
rmCm6hz.png

I went into Victoria's room and, yep, her and Taylor T-Posing. After I left Max's room, I clipped into there again, and Victoria had disappeared but Taylor was still chilling out all by herself for some reason haha.
U2OL7YM.png

Kate was in her room crying, which doesn't make much sense because we find her in the bathroom first. Didn't take a pic of it just because it's the same as when you go in there a bit later. However, in the bathroom, all the mirrors had this weird green stuff on them and weren't reflective.
febCGQa.png

And as for Dana, no T-Pose for her, she was dancing away the whole time like the totally awesome cheerleader she is lol.
jLGyASS.png

And before one of you perverts asks me, no there isn't a naked Max model in the shower. She has a weird bra-shaped outline thing going over her boobs and she has the same underwear on as in Episode 3 when you go swimming. And no, I didn't take a screenshot of it! (but I still had to check to be sure obviously)

Ok, I played up until I got to the junkyard. Here's a few more screenshots.
TderOme.jpg

L4VkD2R.jpg

izz0URS.jpg

Y6pyXTs.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is everyone else playing on PC, finding the prequel a lot more demanding on the hardware? I guess it is entirely down to the switch to Unity, but I'm definitely finding it a lot more 'jittery' than the Unreal Engine powered first game, and it doesn't look that much better, although the facial animations are massively improved IMO. Both games look amazing in 4K though.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone else playing on PC, finding the prequel a lot more demanding on the hardware? I guess it is entirely down to the switch to Unity, but I'm definitely finding it a lot more 'jittery' than the Unreal Engine powered first game, and it doesn't look that much better, although the facial animations are massively improved IMO. Both games look amazing in 4K though.
I didn't really notice much of a difference performance-wise. Both games will stutter a bit when doing background loading, which is more noticeable when it's done during cutscenes. I've actually had BtS crash on me during a loading screen more than once, while I've never personally seen the first game crash on my system.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really notice much of a difference performance-wise. Both games will stutter a bit when doing background loading, which is more noticeable when it's done during cutscenes. I've actually had BtS crash on me during a loading screen more than once, while I've never personally seen the first game crash on my system.

I started BtS again last night, and when you first wake up after the show, as soon as you leave your bedroom, the frame rate goes screwy. I don't want to bloat this thread with hardware issues, but it's odd as my system is coping fine in terms of having enough power (6700k/1080ti)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I started BtS again last night, and when you first wake up after the show, as soon as you leave your bedroom, the frame rate goes screwy. I don't want to bloat this thread with hardware issues, but it's odd as my system is coping fine in terms of having enough power (6700k/1080ti)
Hmmm, I don't remember having any framerate issues there. I did not play BtS in 4K though. I just have a 1080p monitor so I downsample stuff, but I don't think Unity plays as nicely with downsampling as other engines do so I just left BtS at 1080p. So I guess maybe that might cause some performance issues if you're playing in 4K? I'm just guessing though.

Matthew

Oct 26, 2017

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The music in both LiS and BtS is great. Especially for BtS worthy of soundtrack of the year https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...7-voting-thread-ends-feb-1-2-59-am-est.13671/
Yeah BtS was easily my soundtrack of the year too. (And my game of the year) These games have introduced me to soooo many good bands, they've honestly reshaped my taste in music over the last couple of years.

The ending song in BtS by Wolf Alice was just amazing, they're like my favorite band right now because of that haha, such a perfect song to use.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Echoing everybody's thoughts on the music, there have been 3 things that have happened in my life that influenced my musical taste in significant ways

1. Discovering Triple J (Yeah I know it's a major youh radio station but my life up until this point was whatever my parents listened to)
2. Listening to Dark Side of the Moon
3. Playing Life is Strange

Prior to playing Life is Strange I'd never heard of Local Natives, Syd Matters, Message to Bears, Mogwai, etc. It just opened this whole new world of music that is so ridiciuously up my alley yet I'd somehow never come across it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wake up and yall are having way too much fun in here without me lol
jVfVJVO.gif

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
God, I love this game. It makes me cry (both in joy and sadness) just thinking about it.
I'm so happy I found you all here! <3

urRP8Ju.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I made a looping gif of Dana dancing, mainly just for myself lol

giphy.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'd join, even if it was just like 5 of us in there haha. I'm on Discord pretty much 24/7 but only in a few channels.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
small brain: deck nine's portrayal of chloe and rachel doesn't really touch on the darker side of their relationship described in the first game

expanding brain: bts's rachel and chloe are perfect for each other and bts rachel
would never hook up with frank

galaxy brain: dontnod are bitter pricefield shippers who deliberately sank amberprice to push their own canon

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Man I'm bummed. My friend sent me a handmade Chloe necklace but the Army confiscated it because bullets.

*grumble*

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
small brain: deck nine's portrayal of chloe and rachel doesn't really touch on the darker side of their relationship described in the first game

expanding brain: bts's rachel and chloe are perfect for each other and bts rachel
would never hook up with frank

galaxy brain: dontnod are bitter pricefield shippers who deliberately sank amberprice to push their own canon

Doesn't BtS occur in the first year of the 3 between both games? Plenty of time for said events to transpire.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So I was bored, and made a thing since we're goofing around... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aht-NpOxiItKoJxeP7p1o4EsW8LH_w
Holy shit, I missed this earlier, lmao! That's so good!
Man I'm bummed. My friend sent me a handmade Chloe necklace but the Army confiscated it because bullets.

*grumble*
That suuuucks. I've thought about getting the official one that Square Enix has on their rewards page, which I probably should have done because it looks like it's out of stock now, ugh. (https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/421082/life-is-strange-chloes-necklace-reward)

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Discord

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Thanks for making it Pirate Bae!

"You must be a member for at least 10 minutes to send messages in this server" The wait is killing me lol!

Nevermind, that's gone now haha

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't BtS occur in the first year of the 5 between both games? Plenty of time for said events to transpire.

There is a three years gap between BtS & Season 1. Many things can be explained by the famous "three years gap" (It's BtS's own "Use your imagination" I guess :P) but the main storyline of BtS doesn't gel at all with Season 1 IMO, bringing then big plotholes in the main story.

About Rachel disappearance, you could tell yourself "Maybe Rachel joined her OG mom somewhere" but Sera doesn't exist in Season 1 so Chloe will never mention the business in the Amber family... Family that seems perfectly normal when Chloe talk about them to Max. Hell, Chloe can even mention she use to do sleepovers at Rachel house because Rachel parents were cooler but in BtS, daddy Amber is portrayed as an individual willing to get rid of another human being by paying a known criminal. He should also be number 1 suspect in Rachel's disappearance.

Also, Frank is now a guy that killed someone (in a comical way but whatever) while Season 1 portrayed him as no more than a shitty drug dealer, not a guy willing to go that far (self defense of not)