• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
Chloe not showing in the reflection makes me think they're trying to not make it 100% either way with the endings.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
The other ending doesn't have much of a story to tell, though? It's pretty narratively closed.

That's not false but still...even Jean Luc Cano is not a fan of the idea.
well the comic is set 1 year after the first season so it doesn't just follow the end of the first season.
So the same for the other ending could have been done as well.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe not showing in the reflection makes me think they're trying to not make it 100% either way with the endings.
Yeah, this.

While they pretty much have to go with the Bae ending story-wise for most to be interested with no powers or Chloe in the Bay ending (although an interesting story could still be told about how Max deals without either), I imagine it'll probably end with them time-travelling back to before Bae or Bay.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
Yeah, this.

While they pretty much have to go with the Bae ending story-wise for most to be interested with no powers or Chloe in the Bay ending (although an interesting story could still be told about how Max deals without either), I imagine it'll probably end with them time-travelling back to before Bae or Bay.
I mean, they're explicitly selling the comic as "just one possible future," so they're not tied to anything. There's no reason to assume they have to both-sides it or anything.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Just finished replaying the three episodes of Before The Storm. I'm uhh going to hold off on Farewell for a bit, I don't need to sob like crazy at the moment.

These games are so good but ROUGH emotionally, goodness.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Arr, I could go for some tasty plasma right now.
Happy halloween y'all.

(I have decided that Max and Chloe are actually dressed as vampire pirates.)

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
daIHDYQ.jpg
amazing

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
How come? I'm wondering if the news about the destruction contradict what you see in LiS2's destroyed Arcadia Bay, but I'm not sure if it does.

it contradicts.

Also the writing on the first page is...i don't know.Not really good?those dialogues are.....well i am not a fan of it.

And the part with Nathan....dead in the storm?really?

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That dialogue is hella cringy. lol But LiS 1 dialogue really was a bit cringy in the first place...

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
got my Blackwell book but there are some damages on some corners.
Will send it back to amazon.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Hesitantly looking forward to the first issue of the comic miniseries tomorrow, but I doubt it can be as good as some of the fanfiction. It's only four issues long. :\
Some more bits since I did a live translation in a Discord server (plz forgive the messines):

- Being a dad and the influence he can have on his daughter as a parent has been an "influence" on LiS2 main plot (education)
- JL hasn't play BtS
- Captain Spirit roughly took 6 months to create (but since it was made along side LiS2, not really an accurate time frame)
- He isn't a fan of the comic choosing to go with one of the two endings (implying there's a canon ending to their story)
- Lots of ideas for other LiS (characters, settings, ...) but we'll see that after LiS2 is wrapped up
- No ideas about when Episode 2 will drop, but next week he will do some camera works on Episode 3.
- Apparently the TV show thing is dead, the rights are back @ Square
- JL, Michel & Luc would love to make an horror game
- They seem satisfied with the sales so far
- No plans on implementing the LiS2 tech on a "reboot" of LiS1 to improve some parts (facial animations yada yada)
- No plans regarding bringing Max & Chloe. Maybe if they had *the* good idea they'd consider it but right now "we just have nothing to say about them"
With how LiS ended I don't give two shits what he thinks.

I would take a remastered version of the first game in a heartbeat that was a director's cut. Alas they took the money and ran from their mistakes. No justice for Max and Chloe. *shakes head*

Maybe many years down the road we can get a remake of the first game only with queer women in charge of the project this time.

Last edited:

Petronio1982

Oct 29, 2017
I've just read the first comic issue.

Now I'm worried...

The comic is not after the Bae ending, IMHO.
They are selling us the idea of the multiverse, and that this multiverse is collapsing somehow in Max's mind

We cas see thre timelines

- Chloe is alive
- Chloe is dead
- Chloe is alive again but in a different timeline( she has a different pirate outfit when she "disappear"

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
First issue of the comic was interesting. Not at all what I expected it to be like, and that's a good thing. I feel like I'm more excited about where the series is heading than I was when the comic first got revealed.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
First issue of the comic was interesting. Not at all what I expected it to be like, and that's a good thing. I feel like I'm more excited about where the series is heading than I was when the comic first got revealed.

oh?it's not bad?
Interesting.
i've preordered it,but i don't know when i will get it.Probably in one week or two.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
oh?it's not bad?
Interesting.
i've preordered it,but i don't know when i will get it.Probably in one week or two.

Since it's the first issue, it's largely just about setting up where the rest of the series will go. But it's always nice to see more interactions between Max and Chloe, and the issue doesn't gloss over how the events of the game affected each of them.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hesitantly looking forward to the first issue of the comic miniseries tomorrow, but I doubt it can be as good as some of the fanfiction. It's only four issues long. :\

With how LiS ended I don't give two shits what he thinks.

I would take a remastered version of the first game in a heartbeat that was a director's cut. Alas they took the money and ran from their mistakes. No justice for Max and Chloe. *shakes head*

Maybe many years down the road we can get a remake of the first game only with queer women in charge of the project this time.

Yeah, this is my take too. I appreciate his creating these characters and story but he can kindly fuck off to the Jason Rothenberg Hall of Shame if he wants to dictate how other people interpret and build on his shitty endings.

IgelRM

Feb 8, 2018
Western Europe
Yeah, this is my take too. I appreciate his creating these characters and story but he can kindly fuck off to the Jason Rothenberg Hall of Shame if he wants to dictate how other people interpret and build on his shitty endings.
This is officially licensed content and he can express his opinion on that. Square Enix owns the IP.

I appreciate that they keep the ending choice players made. While the endings might be cliche or tropey, I liked the the theme of accepting or defying.

I can see where he's coming from. For instance, it poses the problem of peope incorrectly viewing one ending as canon (Square said this comic story is only one possible timeline).

And the part with Nathan....dead in the storm?really?
What do you mean? Jefferson says he killed Nathan. Maybe his death circumstances arenta public.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled across this image again for the first time in a while. I think this might've been the moment I fell for it. Just so good.

DsKvScVWwAANwQZ.jpg

Did my best to make my Sunset Overdrive character look like Chloe haha. I think I'll unlock more customization stuff later so hopefully I can make it look better.

Oh man, if it's your first time playing through it, I hope you enjoy it! I mean, if it's your second, I still hope you enjoy it, but I kinda assume you would if you were playing it again =P

One of my favourite games to just move about the world in, alongside Mirror's Edge and Crackdown.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, if it's your first time playing through it, I hope you enjoy it! I mean, if it's your second, I still hope you enjoy it, but I kinda assume you would if you were playing it again =P

One of my favourite games to just move about the world in, alongside Mirror's Edge and Crackdown.
Yeah, I just got it on PC, loving it so far!

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just got the first issue of the comic. Curious to see where things go but it's good to have more Chloe and Max for now. I respect the choice not to continue their story officially in a game and I can see where they're coming from but I'd lie if I didn't want that deep in my heart. :P