• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally playing BtS. Just finished Episode 1, and while I like Rachel, they're not making it easy by making her

start a freaking wildfire. Fucking dumbass.

edit: since it's the first time I post here, I just wanted to say that I always automatically like people rocking a Chloe avatar. Even though I tend to mix you all up a bit because you are legion. I just know that Fantomas always makes the best special avatars for other users :)

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Finally playing BtS. Just finished Episode 1, and while I like Rachel, they're not making it easy by making her

start a freaking wildfire. Fucking dumbass.

edit: since it's the first time I post here, I just wanted to say that I always automatically like people rocking a Chloe avatar. Even though I tend to mix you all up a bit because you are legion. I just know that Fantomas always makes the best special avatars for other users :)

Now I'll never be liked. ;___; Well JUST so you know I'd NEVER do that, even with a Rachel avatar lol!

She was a force of nature, that's for sure.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, I just saw this now. Thanks! <3

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems like maybe the comic series will be an on-going thing now?

Beloved heroes Max and Chloe face one final decision, in the long-awaited and emotional climax to the story that fans have been clamoring for!
The Life is Strange comic will return with a whole new story, as the series goes ongoing! Life is Strange 2: Episode 1 is out now with rave reviews, and more episodes on the way!

https://www.newsarama.com/42877-titan-comics-february-2019-solicitations.html

Wording seems vague as to whether it would be a continuation of the Max and Chloe story, or if it would be moving into something else entirely.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Hello! i'm in need of a quick bit of help.

I'm looking for backgrounds from LiS without character or render art. Basically, stuff like this:

Life-is-Strange-Before-the-Storm.jpg

161f7930-fddf-4a21-aa00-8260ce2c4742

I'm basically looking for the doodles on their own or the punk rock stuff without any characters on them. I know someone on Reddit posted these for LiS1, but I can't find the post.

(I'm doing a talk of Life is Strange soon, basically!)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically looking for the doodles on their own or the punk rock stuff without any characters on them. I know someone on Reddit posted these for LiS1, but I can't find the post.

Hmm, I tried searching a bit. I found this reddit post from SE Toby (at least I think that's him) with a media kit for the mobile version, and that has a few high res images that are kind of like that at least. You can pair them up and they'll look like this when they're stitched together right:

Perhaps he would know where to get similar ones for BtS as well?

(Also, cool that you're doing a talk on LiS!)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Had a quick gander through the stuff on GamesPress for all of the games and unfortunately (in this one instance at least), it's pretty much entirely screenshots with characters in them.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo I don't really read comics but I need to find a way to get at these Life is Strange Comics. Where does everyone suggest buying from? I know there are digital apps but books/comics are the one thing I actually still rather prefer in physical form.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sooooo I don't really read comics but I need to find a way to get at these Life is Strange Comics. Where does everyone suggest buying from? I know there are digital apps but books/comics are the one thing I actually still rather prefer in physical form.

If you can try your local comic store that's a good place to start as the first print has sold out now, they are printing a second print which is out in a few weeks and can be pre-ordered online, from any comic online store close to your location.

Personally I got mine from Forbidden Planet, they even got me the variant covers and they had an exclusive cover too, again these are sold out though.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/

Other thing some other people are doing is waiting for the collected edition which will be all 4 issues in one book, after the last issue launches.

I heard today that Issue 2 has been delayed til the new year now.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well dang I didn't expect them to sell out like that lol. Maybe I will just wait for the collected book then.

IgelRM

Feb 8, 2018
Western Europe
Hello! i'm in need of a quick bit of help.

I'm looking for backgrounds from LiS without character or render art. Basically, stuff like this:

Life-is-Strange-Before-the-Storm.jpg

161f7930-fddf-4a21-aa00-8260ce2c4742

I think you mean this post, "LiS Marketing Art".

Edit: Whoops. Might be available as part of some concept art gallery.

Last edited:

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Update: talk got approved! Delivering it on December 17th! Will be doing audience partcipation so if you have something to add, I'll be sure to ask in here again when ready. In the meantime, huzzah!

Fantomas You definitely helped! I've pieced together one piece and going to put together another later today. Thank you!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Update: talk got approved! Delivering it on December 17th! Will be doing audience partcipation so if you have something to add, I'll be sure to ask in here again when ready. In the meantime, huzzah!

Fantomas You definitely helped! I've pieced together one piece and going to put together another later today. Thank you!
Awesome! Glad I could help! :)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If we're voting on headers, my immediate thought was this.

maxresdefault.jpg

But then I also kinda feel bad that the other main characters from LiS are left out. Also, I have no idea if there's size requirements or whatever.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I could try making one that combines some stuff from each game maybe? I would definitely use the train tracks as LiS 1's representative for sure too.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So long as Chris is on it, too.

tumblr_pa4kguO3Hi1x2iq47o1_540.gif

Though I suppose in terms of cross-game reps, Hawt Dawg Man is the most representative of all.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
So, I finally played Episode one of Life is Strange 2.

So...damn....good.

ahh, why did I start playing this early? I waited for all of LiS to come out before playing that, but I guess I'm here for the ride now.

Can't freaking wait. The Brothers rock.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
"It's emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC," Fils-Aime told IGN. "He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it's going to be tremendously exciting."

"Mr. Sakurai, he's not only a student of Nintendo franchises, and obviously he's had his hand in a few, but he's a student of video games from a total perspective," Fils-Aime said. "And so he's been the driver in really thinking about what type of character coming into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would bring just a whole different level of fun and enjoyment for the player. That's been the approach. That's the thinking."
dims

Screen_Shot_2018_03_08_at_5.39.07_PM.png

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I am vandalizing this thread with a beautiful moment

(thread covers should work for the OP, or you can just PM me the image you want put on there too)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so here's a quick prototype of what a cover image could look like for us. Certainly not final by any means, but let me know what you all think and I can try making one for us to set. Throw out new ideas or whatever too, let's make this cover image as hella awesome as the rest of this thread!

untitled-1xwira.jpg

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I suppose one thing to consider is how it appears on mobile versus how it appears on desktop.

In portrait mode on mobile, it gets a lot taller and more of the image is shown. But when in landscape mode, or if someone is viewing it from their desktop, then it gets a lot more narrow and you can't see as much of the image.

It might be tough to work with both of those for a good cover image that displays well on both.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Great images, really representative of everything, I think. And two thumbs up for mirroring the release order.

Mustard man being left out is the right choice. He is the Waluigi of Life is Strange and should be snubbed at every opportunity. Although now that I think of it, the implication of Mustard Man leaking mustard when scared, and Hawt Dawg Man covering his chest in mustard, is kind of unsettling.
Hmm, I suppose one thing to consider is how it appears on mobile versus how it appears on desktop.

In portrait mode on mobile, it gets a lot taller and more of the image is shown. But when in landscape mode, or if someone is viewing it from their desktop, then it gets a lot more narrow and you can't see as much of the image.

It might be tough to work with both of those for a good cover image that displays well on both.
I don't know that there is a way to reconcile those different views. The user cover image is equally imprecise on desktop vs. mobile (especially since you can also see it by mousing over said user in a thread.) even though you can customise where it's placed in the profile.

One suggestion I can think of is something positioned so it appears as a collage in mobile, with a larger single image on the rest for desktop users. Sort of like a mobile badge or something. Unfortunately I don't know the positioning necessary...

Just go with whatever you think looks good--you have good taste!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
One suggestion I can think of is something positioned so it appears as a collage in mobile, with a larger single image on the rest for desktop users. Sort of like a mobile badge or something. Unfortunately I don't know the positioning necessary...
Hmm, yeah something like this might work out if I can figure out the right dimensions to use. I'm thinking maybe I can put in the game logos underneath each image, and if I get the dimensions right then it should display normally on desktop when cropped correctly on the site, but on mobile the full image with the logos would be shown. Definitely something I can mess around with a bit and maybe test it on one of my old threads first to see how it looks.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
At $4 I said what the hell, bought episode 1.
Right off the bat, it's a lot darker than LiS1, and the feeling of being in charge of your little brother definitely makes you think twice about every decision you make.
I both like it and dislike it, because I didn't always choose the options I'd felt were more interesting or wild, but rather safe for the sake of Daniel. (Who would've thought stealing a chocolate bar and mac&cheese would lead me to... that)
Poor Sean, I hope next episodes aren't as grim but I seriously doubt it lol

The games definitely looks better than LiS 1, especially the lighting and shading but the animations are so stiff, and the framerate is all over the place. (playing on PS4). Hope they improve in that regard for Episode 2

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the Xbox one x enhancements for lis2 are? The only display option is gamma.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Hallo! My second presentation on games and mental health on Life is Strange is this time next week.

In light of that, how do you view Life is Strange's depiction of mental health, the themes it depicts in its games and how it has helped you at all, if at all?

Should add: if you want to tell me anonymously instead, PM me instead. I won't be using names either way, but if it helps you, feel free to message me. <3

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Ok, so here's a quick prototype of what a cover image could look like for us. Certainly not final by any means, but let me know what you all think and I can try making one for us to set. Throw out new ideas or whatever too, let's make this cover image as hella awesome as the rest of this thread!

untitled-1xwira.jpg

I think it looks great! Great representation of the games.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great! Great representation of the games.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm having problems figuring out how to get it looking right. The dimensions for the cover images are all out of whack and don't make much sense. They seem to be dynamic, so depending on the width of the browser window they will either get taller or shorter as the window's width is changed. That makes it almost impossible to make a consistent image that will look the same no matter what someone's screen resolution is.

I also can't upload images large enough to actually fit the dimensions without it giving me an error saying the image is too large. So I have to make it small, and then it scales up to the right size and gets all blurry, which is not very ideal.

Ugh, lol.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on sale for like 5 bucks, probably a steal. I really liked the first game but this prequel just never grabbed my attention. Looking forward to trying it though.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I might try ringing up one of the other Photoshoppers on the forum and see if they can figure something out instead because I can't really wrap my head around it haha.

Like the image that Bronson uploaded displays great on mobile, but on my desktop it looks like this:

HanbUBQ.png

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Hallo! My second presentation on games and mental health on Life is Strange is this time next week.

In light of that, how do you view Life is Strange's depiction of mental health, the themes it depicts in its games and how it has helped you at all, if at all?

Should add: if you want to tell me anonymously instead, PM me instead. I won't be using names either way, but if it helps you, feel free to message me. <3

A quick bump for this! 💖

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
A question about Life Is Strange just popped up on one of these live quiz apps that I play :O

(It was just asking where the game was set, but I was still surprised)