• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
hey hey hey

tumblr_pjy073Z2eN1qcxzu2o3_540.png
Where have I seen that before...

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually missing the two boys. Not a feeling I had with LiS1 since I played it all in one go. It will be interesting to see how the episodic nature shapes my experience this time.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Episode 2 will be so good !
Du30HfgWkAYAC3x.jpg

Du30FNJXcAAbO5a.jpg

Daniel has lost his father.Chris has lost his mother.Chris want to be a super hero.Daniel has a super power.
Everything makes sense. :)

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see how episode two will destroy me emotionally.

Also, that survey is asking some pretty interesting things about the series. Not sure I'd be down with an open-world LiS game if they went that direction, but I guess I'd have to wait and see.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, while the ability to walk around Arcadia Bay definitely holds some appeal, the only way I could see a LiS open-world even working would be Vampyr-sized (or smaller!), and would inevitably be to the detriment of the stories that Life Is Strange likes to tell.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I could see it working on a smaller scale, something like Deus Ex: HR sized or something. Like if they were to set a future LiS game in a city, it might be cool to be able to roam around a bit.

I liked the survey though overall, seems like they're thinking about where to take things in the future, which I would think is a good sign since I'd imagine that means Square is interested in keeping LiS around long-term.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Open world LiS game with Brooke as the main character. Let's go!

Seriously though: I'm not against the idea, but I wouldn't make the game too big. A smaller scale would be more fitting in this case. That way they can put way more details into the world as well (lots of buildings you can enter, characters you can interact with etc).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate the dude in yellow that does not change between goofy and serious takes.

Sonic man certainly has style, though.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Chloe would only be way too excited to play a tambourine if she was stoned too, let's be real.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... Chloe's clearly in an ascendant state. She doesn't know who, what where or why, but she knows it's all the best.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hi hi, y'all

i was gifted bts on my birthday last month, and years after playing the first game i decided to give it a shot, but mostly as a palette cleanser between other games.

Cut to me now, just done with ep. 2, and i can't stop thinking about this game. everyone's tired from réveillon and i just want to finish the game right now!

I have very conflicting thoughts about Rachel, because of her relationship with Chloe here, and what it turns into on the first game. I-as-Chloe is fully committed to it by this point, but as the player i keep thinking about this is a fire that's too hot to last, or that they're using each other as emotional crutches.

I just don't want to see Chloe be left alone again :c

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
hi hi, y'all

i was gifted bts on my birthday last month, and years after playing the first game i decided to give it a shot, but mostly as a palette cleanser between other games.

Cut to me now, just done with ep. 2, and i can't stop thinking about this game. everyone's tired from réveillon and i just want to finish the game right now!

I have very conflicting thoughts about Rachel, because of her relationship with Chloe here, and what it turns into on the first game. I-as-Chloe is fully committed to it by this point, but as the player i keep thinking about this is a fire that's too hot to last, or that they're using each other as emotional crutches.

Heyyy you!

Yeah, I was having pretty much the same feelings at that point. Chloe + Rachel is real, but we already know what happens, so is it a good thing or a bad thing for Chloe? Who knows, but it's a hell of a ride.

Be sure to check back in after Episode 3. Also, did you get the deluxe edition with the bonus episode? Because you should really play that one too haha.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I forgot that the bonus ep was extra. I can't imagine playing BTS without that...

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Is Chloe against or for fireworks?
Farewell taught us that both Chloe and Max enjoy (small) explosions, so I'm pretty sure that they both enjoy fireworks. Max definitely just sticks to taking pictures of them from afar though, while Chloe wants to be the one to set them off.

hi hi, y'all

Welcome!

tenor.gif

I don't want to say too much, but yeah, it's difficult for me to stop thinking about Before the Storm (and the original) even now. Hence why I'm here!

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
What do you mean? Is Ashly Burch voicing someone in Detroit?

the actress who did the motion capture for Chloe in Life is Strange is actually the android Chloe in Detroit :)
(she was also the annoying teenager girl in Beyond two souls,the girl who didn't like your Alan Edgar Poe book :) )

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, IIRC Dontnod and Quantic Dream main headquarters are both in Paris, and QD let(s) Dontnod use their motion capture stuff, so I suppose it shouldn't be surprising there's a link from there.

Quite funny that both the characters are named Chloe though.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Actually one of the co director of Life is Strange,Raoul Barbet,worked on Heavy Rain.

Huh, I had no idea about that at all. Looking him up on IMDB and apparently he also worked on The Lorax animated film and that Soulslike The Surge game as a cinematics director.

What a strange, but neat career.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the warm welcome, y'all; i just finished the game here.

I feel somewhat disappointed by the final episode. It was badly paced, with the exception of a few scenes that were more engaging but I thought were worse than the slow, quiet ones?

That whole thing with Eliot, there's a gap between the dude who "cares too much from a distance" to the psycho who's about to hit Chloe because she's not into him that wasn't explained.
It felt like some scenes I can see in some Telltale games, where they force you into a bad situation even though the narrative doesn't naturally accomodate that.
I failed that backtalk, and the ending scenes showed him... leaving Blackwell/the Bay?? I find it hard to believe that someone who would go to such lenghts would simply give up and move on.

And the thing with Sera, beyond choosing to pretend James Amber is a good father and letting Sera meet her daughter, there was a third option that no one thought about, which is doing both things. Chloe could forget about what Damon did and that Mr. Amber hired him to do it, and still allow for Rachel and her mom to meet.

There was another plot point, although minor, that bothered me: You break into the DA's office, trigger the alarm and spend a few hours from there to the junkyard to the hospital, where Mr. Amber was unaware of it all

On the use of backtalk/graffiti in the whole game:

Unlike the photos in the first game which are harmless, these mechanics made Chloe act like an ass. And with the way I was playing her, that only made sense in a few cases. In most of the others, the game was asking me to be rude to people who didn't deserve that, so I ended up not engaging with either a lot; a shame since I do think debating to get out of trouble was a cool system.

---

There are some other things I need to sort out in my head before discussing, mainly Rachel and Nathan.

Also, did you get the deluxe edition with the bonus episode? Because you should really play that one too haha.

I don't! I'll get it in the near future once I put these thoughts in place.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the warm welcome, y'all; i just finished the game here.

I feel somewhat disappointed by the final episode. It was badly paced, with the exception of a few scenes that were more engaging but I thought were worse than the slow, quiet ones?

That whole thing with Eliot, there's a gap between the dude who "cares too much from a distance" to the psycho who's about to hit Chloe because she's not into him that wasn't explained.
It felt like some scenes I can see in some Telltale games, where they force you into a bad situation even though the narrative doesn't naturally accomodate that.
I failed that backtalk, and the ending scenes showed him... leaving Blackwell/the Bay?? I find it hard to believe that someone who would go to such lenghts would simply give up and move on.

And the thing with Sera, beyond choosing to pretend James Amber is a good father and letting Sera meet her daughter, there was a third option that no one thought about, which is doing both things. Chloe could forget about what Damon did and that Mr. Amber hired him to do it, and still allow for Rachel and her mom to meet.

There was another plot point, although minor, that bothered me: You break into the DA's office, trigger the alarm and spend a few hours from there to the junkyard to the hospital, where Mr. Amber was unaware of it all

On the use of backtalk/graffiti in the whole game:

Unlike the photos in the first game which are harmless, these mechanics made Chloe act like an ass. And with the way I was playing her, that only made sense in a few cases. In most of the others, the game was asking me to be rude to people who didn't deserve that, so I ended up not engaging with either a lot; a shame since I do think debating to get out of trouble was a cool system.

---

There are some other things I need to sort out in my head before discussing, mainly Rachel and Nathan.

I don't! I'll get it in the near future once I put these thoughts in place.
Yeah, those are the most common criticisms pretty much. Episode 3 in general felt really rushed and I think they put too much of a focus on their overall story/plot than the stuff that was actually more enjoyable about Episodes 1 and 2, which didn't really have much to do with their little mystery story. And then yeah, there are some holes and weird oversights too, which is part of what makes it feel rushed to me. I've always thought it might have been a bit more interesting if they had an extra episode or two to wrap it up instead, because I feel like there could have at least been an episode's worth of Chloe and Rachel hanging out together while the other plot slowly moved forward or maybe took shape in a different way.

I also agree about the backtalk stuff. I failed a few them, and then there were others that were like "I don't want to do this right now" just because it felt a little out of place for the moment, so I didn't even care about it by Episode 3 haha.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the bonus episode whenever you get around to it, it is a must play! :)