• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Totally; the reason I was so conflicted before starting the final episode was the characters by themselves. I'd have also appreciated more time to relax after all the drama, and see where this goes.

What I can say now is that I'd have liked the ending much more if it didn't have that very final scene,

at least I could pretend this was an alternate universe where RachelxChloe could exist.

That photoshoot brings me back to that letter Rachel wrote in S1, treating Chloe as a friend more than anything.
And that's how I saw their relationship when I started the game; I didn't want it to be more than friendship, I told Rachel that. But after many signs from the game telling me there was something more, I chose to believe in it and tried to make it happen.

Right now? I think Rachel was using her. She didn't want to be alone at the overlook so she brought someone who was charmed by her, and later she didn't want to go through her family drama alone. When Chloe showed signs that she could leave her, asking her if their relationship was serious or if Rachel was just fooling her, Rachel kissed her to keep her close. As her life started getting back to normal, Chloe stopped having that much importance in her life, and we know how that ends.

I don't even think Rachel was badly written in that regard, i'm just... hurt? Like Chloe, I wanted this to be real even if there was a voice in the back of my head telling me it was never meant to be. I was blinded by the fire and lying to myself.

Which reminds me, I need to find a place to buy the comic! Please give these characters some happiness.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
2019 is also the year of Twin Mirror.
I am curious about it ,so i will probably buy it also.
It will probably give me my Dontnod fix between two LiS 2 episodes ah ah.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Please give these characters some happiness.

Legit the reason I started reading fanfiction (both LiS and in general). I just want these dorks to be happy, and as it turns out, so do a lot of people.

And yeah, Rachel is...complicated. Those scenes with The Tempest and before and after are legitimately the most heartwarming scenes I think I've seen in a game. Buuuuuuut, we know what happens.

As for the very final scene, I'm torn. It hurts me to my very core, but I do think it's "necessary" if they want to show it's all one timeline.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Have issue 2 of the comic downloaded, but won't get around to reading it until later today. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Also episode 1 of LiS2 is up on Xbox Game Pass if you have it. Apparently the other episodes will also be coming to the service at some point too

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Totally; the reason I was so conflicted before starting the final episode was the characters by themselves. I'd have also appreciated more time to relax after all the drama, and see where this goes.

What I can say now is that I'd have liked the ending much more if it didn't have that very final scene,

at least I could pretend this was an alternate universe where RachelxChloe could exist.

That photoshoot brings me back to that letter Rachel wrote in S1, treating Chloe as a friend more than anything.
And that's how I saw their relationship when I started the game; I didn't want it to be more than friendship, I told Rachel that. But after many signs from the game telling me there was something more, I chose to believe in it and tried to make it happen.

Right now? I think Rachel was using her. She didn't want to be alone at the overlook so she brought someone who was charmed by her, and later she didn't want to go through her family drama alone. When Chloe showed signs that she could leave her, asking her if their relationship was serious or if Rachel was just fooling her, Rachel kissed her to keep her close. As her life started getting back to normal, Chloe stopped having that much importance in her life, and we know how that ends.

I don't even think Rachel was badly written in that regard, i'm just... hurt? Like Chloe, I wanted this to be real even if there was a voice in the back of my head telling me it was never meant to be. I was blinded by the fire and lying to myself.

Which reminds me, I need to find a place to buy the comic! Please give these characters some happiness.

I really enjoyed the complexity of Rachel. I think she really did care for Chloe, but there might have been some manipulation too. I think they were both lost lonely souls who really found an intense connection, especially in such a difficult point in both of their lives. But as a feminist I really enjoy the flawed female characters in the LiS series.

Also I'm trash and I ship Max/Chloe/Rachel. :D

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
In what's probably a New Year tradition at this point, I've started watching another Life Is Strange LP. This time, it's Super Best Friends Play's one, since I finally started watching their stuff now that they've unfortunately stopped. And they seem to be enjoying it, which is nice.

I do regret looking at the comments though.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Hello, LiS people!

I bought LiS 2 in the Christmas sale. I've played the first two games and Captain Spirit but I knew nothing at all about 2 except it's about boys now. OH MY GOD that prologue floored me, and I didn't pick my jaw off the floor until the credits rolled. I had no idea that would happen, and even when I realised what was about to happen, part of me kept saying 'things like this don't happen in video games.'

But they do.

God, I still can't quite believe it. What an incredible piece of work.

In what's probably a New Year tradition at this point, I've started watching another Life Is Strange LP. This time, it's Super Best Friends Play's one, since I finally started watching their stuff now that they've unfortunately stopped. And they seem to be enjoying it, which is nice.

I do regret looking at the comments though.
I'm watching the Eurogamer one. Their comments tend to be quite good natured. I'm sure that's the LP everyone has already seen though.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the Eurogamer one. Their comments tend to be quite good natured. I'm sure that's the LP everyone has already seen though.

Oh yeah, Johnny and Aoife are great, and from pretty much everything I've watched and read the Eurogamer community's pretty good too. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but SBFP's is much more of the average "YouTube video game dudes" community, and I've lucked out with other Let's Players that I've watched =P

And yeah, as someone who was...cagey about LiS2 beforehand, that first episode has definitely won me round. Now that only problem is the long wait!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, we're quite familiar with Aoife and Johnny around here.

ksIPOjs.gif

Oh, and welcome!

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Well, issue 2 of the comic is depressing. Good, but depressing.

So, there are at least three realities Max goes into during the issue:
1. Main one. Chloe is alive, but Arcadia Bay was destroyed by the storm.
2. Perfect one. No one died, Max and Chloe reconnected, and Arcadia Bay is still standing.
3. Bay one. Chloe was killed by Nathan in the bathroom, no storm.

Interested to see how they all keep intersecting, and how the fact that Max was able to bring Chloe into one of the different realities plays out.

Also, confirmed casualty count so far (at least that I remember):
Nathan
Joyce :(
(probably) Dana :((

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Oh yeah, Johnny and Aoife are great, and from pretty much everything I've watched and read the Eurogamer community's pretty good too. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but SBFP's is much more of the average "YouTube video game dudes" community, and I've lucked out with other Let's Players that I've watched =P

And yeah, as someone who was...cagey about LiS2 beforehand, that first episode has definitely won me round. Now that only problem is the long wait!
EG probably have diligent moderators watching the comments too. There's no way a site as large as EG flies under the radar of the shitlord swarm.

This is the first time I've bought an episode before they're all finished. I think I need the long wait to recover emotionally.

Such a good gif, know exactly what that was as well. Johnny and Aoife's playthroughs are always great to watch.
I know what it is too. When I watched that playthrough I felt bad because that was so obviously the correct and only possible choice and yet I don't remember picking it when I played. Like, I think I wanted to see if there was some lore behind the bracelet or something. I am the enemy of love.

Last edited:

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
EG probably have diligent moderators watching the comments too. There's no way a site as large as EG flies under the radar of the shitlord swarm.

This is the first time I've bought an episode before they're all finished. I think I need the long wait to recover emotionally.

I know what it is too. When I watched that playthrough I felt bad because that was so obviously the correct and only possible choice and yet I don't remember picking it when I played. Like, I think I wanted to see if there was some lore behind the bracelet or something. I am the enemy of love.

Amberprice for life.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
God, that episode three ending of the original still gives me goosebumps. I love a lot of the music (obviously) but that song in particular is just perfectly synced to the scene.

And now that I've noticed it, I feel more and more stupid each time that I didn't notice the handicapped ramp.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
God, that episode three ending of the original still gives me goosebumps. I love a lot of the music (obviously) but that song in particular is just perfectly synced to the scene.

And now that I've noticed it, I feel more and more stupid each time that I didn't notice the handicapped ramp.
Yeah, I had a very "Oh Shit" moment the first time someone pointed out the ramp to me.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember that specific scene having much impact on me. Really hit me when you go into her now empty room upstairs though.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I wonder how disabled people feel about that episode. It gets pretty dark. Was it handled properly?

I remember the first time I played it I was just crying the whole time. My husband was never able to finish the game because he wasn't able to handle the decision.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how disabled people feel about that episode. It gets pretty dark. Was it handled properly?

I remember the first time I played it I was just crying the whole time. My husband was never able to finish the game because he wasn't able to handle the decision.
Hi, disabled guy here. Besides the obvious fact that we are both disabled, the other connections we have is we were both young when we were disabled. We were both burdens to our parents. I too cried through the episode, and felt miserable at the end.
But at the same time there is this cliche thinking but Ithey show about people with disability wanting death. Like I'm disabled, dealing with shit ton of nerve pain, I have to shit with a Suppository, and pee with a catheter but I don't begging for death. But, other than Chloe asking me to kill her, episode three was really really good.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, it finally happened. An LP with the Bae ending.

Anyway, despite the YT comments, SBFP seemed to quite enjoy it on the whole -- although not without criticisms (like us here) -- so all in all, another fun LP to watch imo. They've got one on Before the Storm too, so that's next, naturally =P

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Oh man, it finally happened. An LP with the
Bae
ending. (I swear there's a way to just blackout one word instead of this mess but I can't remember how, so mess it is)

Anyway, despite the YT comments, SBFP seemed to quite enjoy it on the whole -- although not without criticisms (like us here) -- so all in all, another fun LP to watch imo. They've got one on Before the Storm too, so that's next, naturally =P
[cross ]spoiler[/cross ] is how you do it.

I've never seen an LP with that ending either, so I'll check it out and make sure I don't scroll down.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I hate that the second episode releases the day before RE2 and KH3, man. One week earlier would've been great. It's a short experience, to be sure, but squeezing everything so close together is just wild.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the bonus ep. in Before the Storm and forgot to post about it here 😅
It wasn't something that needed to be shown, but I loved seeing their relationship at an earlier point in their lives.

I've started following the comic too! And I'm trying to convince myself to get season 2.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I've been going through my backlog slowly and gradually and I just ended Before the Storm. The bonus episode...
fucking hell that was just WAY too sad... :( I feel like shit now...

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LTTP, just finished LiS 1 and holy shit, why did I sit on this for so long! It's so fucking good. I already miss Chloe and Max.

Gonna start BtS tomorrow (and probably grab the comics when I get the chance), but for tonight I'm just laying in the dark listening to the LiS soundtrack until I cry myself to sleep.

I of course saved Chloe first, but made the mistake of checking out the "Save Arcadia" and now I'm so sad, because it was such a good ending.
9f9b697b4bfc5bb7a954e01a5362221f.gif

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
LTTP, just finished LiS 1 and holy shit, why did I sit on this for so long! It's so fucking good. I already miss Chloe and Max.

Gonna start BtS tomorrow (and probably grab the comics when I get the chance), but for tonight I'm just laying in the dark listening to the LiS soundtrack until I cry myself to sleep.

I of course saved Chloe first, but made the mistake of checking out the "Save Arcadia" and now I'm so sad, because it was such a good ending.
9f9b697b4bfc5bb7a954e01a5362221f.gif
Welcome to the fold. One of us!

Now onward to Before the Storm, Captain Spirit, and eventually Life is Strange 2! They're all really good. (Not as good imo, but still really good!)

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Yay this thread exists....
comic issue #2 made me sad , also much more enjoyable than #1 and much more packed.
I think it's been announced that the comics are getting a indefinite continuation beyond the original 4 issues. Woo!