• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Tempting, but I want to keep things as fresh as possible.

So excited to finally get Ep. 2 though, god damn it's been forever.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not gonna watch anything. I've waited nearly four months, I can wait a week!

Anyway, I'm back to the Matt + Liam Before the Storm LP now that AGDQ (and stuff I missed from AGDQ is out of the way) and man, the scene near the end of ep 1 where Chloe finds the car still breaks my heart. :(

My favourite part is them looking through the credits though and they see a lot of people they know who worked on it. They're so happy.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Oh that's amazing what they're doing for the recap of episode 1 (and each episode i guess?)

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Counting down the days now, tha recap above was really well done. I can't wait to see where the story goes, especially with Chris retuning in this episode.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

puPDkC1.png

6YCLynB.png

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Very much looking forward to episode 2 this week, especially after the teaser at the end of the first episode.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited but god I hope episode two's a lot more fluffier than one. Those good boys go through a lot of shit in ep 1 in comparison to either Max or Chloe in the original/Before the Storm.

I don't know if I can keep up if it's five episodes of intensity (and honestly I don't think Dontnod could either).

Also, ugh, I should stop watching Before the Storm LPs. Watching the original always has me all "Yeah, this is good, one and done" and then BtS comes along with more Arcadia Bay and then the emotional and rational parts of my brain fight.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
oh wow the let's play with Bryan is so painful right now ah ah omg.
they are spending so much time in
the maze

they will probably ragequit the game ah ah.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
tbh that part got me too, especially when i was looking for the optional photos

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan and Amelia made it through, and got to experience the sledgehammer to the feels that is the ending haha.

I liked how shocked Bryan was that Amelia made the choice she did lol.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Episode 2 will be full of joy.

mushroom playing in the snow
Daniel and Chris best friends
Sean happy with his new family
Happy music.
Credits.
The End.

so don't worry.
It's a fun IP.
Everything will be fine.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Episode 2 trailer

So hyppppppppppped.It's probably one of the best trailer they've made.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Game Informer gave it a 7/10, just reading the summary it sounds like they enjoyed the first episode more than this one.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Game Informer gave it a 7/10, just reading the summary it sounds like they enjoyed the first episode more than this one.
Some of her complaints were that the setting was mundane, the supporting cast are lack luster, and that the didn't build on the racism and politics on the first episode.

Life Is Strange 1 reviews at game informer were E1: 8.5, E2: 6.5, E3: 7, E4: 6.5, and E5: 8
Different reviewer, but these scores for the first season were common.

Gamespot were
1: 7
2: 7
3: 8
4: 6
5: 6

IGN
1: 6.5
5: 6.5

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
according to the author,there will be more LiS comics

heeeey i don't know if it's a good idea or not.
The comic is cool so far,but heeeeeeey...milking a franchise is not a good thing.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
heeeey i don't know if it's a good idea or not.
The comic is cool so far,but heeeeeeey...milking a franchise is not a good thing.
So long as it's doing well, I can't blame them. The Pricefield relationship is a big part of what made the original what it was, and people want more of that.

I'd only begin to worry if they made a game set in Arcadia Bay after the storm, because then they'd almost certainly have to make a "canon" choice, splitting the fans in two instantly. And even then that would be the rational part of my brain worrying, my emotional part would've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition =P

Yaaaaaas pour that Pricefield content all over me
maxthirsty.gif

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Some of her complaints were that the setting was mundane, the supporting cast are lack luster, and that the didn't build on the racism and politics on the first episode.

Life Is Strange 1 reviews at game informer were E1: 8.5, E2: 6.5, E3: 7, E4: 6.5, and E5: 8
Different reviewer, but these scores for the first season were common.

Gamespot were
1: 7
5: 6

IGN
1: 6.5
5: 6.5
How the hell did Episode 4 of Season 1 review so poorly?? I thought it was by far the best episode, a legit 10/10 for me. This is why I never trust critics when it comes to this type of game

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now trying to think about why Ep 4 is the least liked one and I really can't think of a particular reason. Like I'd maybe understand for the bottle collecting of Ep 2 or the stealth sections of Ep 5 (even though I didn't mind them at all), but nothing comes to mind for episode 4 at all.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that kinda blows my mind. Ep 4 was my favourite one, as a standalone thing. The way Ep 3 leads into it, and it wraps around into Ep 5, is just amazing.

If I had played Ep 4 before Ep 5 was out, the wait would have destroyed me. Like, in terms of being an episode it is incredibly successful.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have no idea how 4 would rate as one of the worst, it's almost easily the best episode along with 3 in terms of the amount of content and the story progression, plus the biggest cliffhangers in the whole series are at the end of both.

Holy shit guys, those episodes were good lol.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having gone through some of the episode 4 reviews, it seems there was generally some backlash to how dark the episode is, especially the Rachel reveal, when compared to the first three episodes which were more comfy and light. Some people apparently weren't fond of the puzzle where you put all the pieces together to find the dark room. But it seems the darkness and arguable anticlimax about Rachel's whereabouts annoyed a lot of people. You have to remember that during the first three episodes, there was a sense that anything could happen, and many elaborate theories and ideas emerged. Rachel has superpowers too! Rachel got stuck in an alternate timeline! She got abducted by aliens! A time traveling future Max killed her! She can turn into a deer! But ultimately the reveal is that the most obvious answer turned out to be the correct one. To some, it's a tragic but satisfying way of showing that sometimes we blind ourselves with hope and ignore the obvious, but to others it was an anticlimactic, mundane, and inappropriately dark ending to the game's core mystery.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Having gone through some of the episode 4 reviews, it seems there was generally some backlash to how dark the episode is, especially the Rachel reveal, when compared to the first three episodes which were more comfy and light. Some people apparently weren't fond of the puzzle where you put all the pieces together to find the dark room. But it seems the darkness and arguable anticlimax about Rachel's whereabouts annoyed a lot of people. You have to remember that during the first three episodes, there was a sense that anything could happen, and many elaborate theories and ideas emerged. Rachel has superpowers too! Rachel got stuck in an alternate timeline! She got abducted by aliens! A time traveling future Max killed her! She can turn into a deer! But ultimately the reveal is that the most obvious answer turned out to be the correct one. To some, it's a tragic but satisfying way of showing that sometimes we blind ourselves with hope and ignore the obvious, but to others it was an anticlimactic, mundane, and inappropriately dark ending to the game's core mystery.
Yeah I suppose that makes sense when you look at it through that angle. I was thinking with the benefit of having played them all at the same time, so to me I was never going through those theories in my head, it all just felt like it flowed together.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I suppose that makes sense when you look at it through that angle. I was thinking with the benefit of having played them all at the same time, so to me I was never going through those theories in my head, it all just felt like it flowed together.
Yeah, same. There's definitely something to playing it at release vs. post-release.

Though reviewing episodic games by episode has always struck me as kinda odd. I guess because they're separate products it makes sense, but if there isn't an ep 5 AND overall review (encompassing every ep) I can't say I really get it either. It's redundant but that's kinda the risk of doing per-episode reviews.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Idk, I played LiS as it came out and the whole community was wild for Episode 4. Sure, the cliffhanger killed me and it did destroy months of community speculation as well, but that was all part of the fun.

I honestly think the 4th episode of LiS is among the best games I've ever played. I was very disappointed in the finale of LiS but I thought the preceding 2 episodes were SO good that it was still my GOTY (and maybe even my GOTG), and that was in a crammed year too.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo ep2 seems buggy as all hell? Missing sound effects, background sounds repeating, char models glitching out ... enjoying the ep so far tho.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, so you can't buy only the second episode? Only as 2-5 bundle? I thought this was the whole point of the episodic model.