• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished ep 2 of LiS2. Bit disappointed with the episode itself for various reasons (actually now I've had time to reflect instead of immediately react, outside of the technical issues I'm fine with it), but it does still have me excited for what's coming next. And whoever's picking music is still doing an excellent job.

Last edited:

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here's one for now. If anyone wants a different one, let me know.

cXu572r.png

No one has used this avatar right? I need a new one and this one is perfect.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man THAT moment early in episode 2 pissed me off.
This is dontnod/LiS at its worst: going for the cheapest "emotional" punches. It took me by surprise because I didn't think they'd stoop so low, so quickly. What a bummer. Haven't finished the episode yet but that really left a sour taste.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man THAT moment early in episode 2 pissed me off.
This is dontnod/LiS at its worst: going for the cheapest "emotional" punches. It took me by surprise because I didn't think they'd stoop so low, so quickly. What a bummer. Haven't finished the episode yet but that really left a sour taste.
mushroom?

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This thread is like an army of Chloe's. A FANFIC DREAM!

Is anyone else keeping up with Bryan Dechart Streams? I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone else is following along, but issue 3 of the comic dropped today. Just some random thoughts:

- Add Warren to the deceased in the main timeline list
- Although he shows up in another reality to help Max figure out what's exactly going on, which was nice
- Not as nice was his lying to Max about how Quantum Leap ends. Hopefully what happened to Sam Beckett doesn't happen to Max, but I wouldn't put it past the series
- Rachel Amber sighting! And in the timeline we see her, she never slept with Jefferson? And is still with Chloe? Strange
- Surprised we haven't seen either Kate or Victoria show up yet
- No idea how they will wrap this current arc up
- Finally, they referred to Dana as Diana in the recap at the start of the issue -_-

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Already posted this is the LiS2 thread, but obviously thought I should post it here too.

Worth it for the "Chekov's Condom" comment alone, in my opinion =P

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I have a strong inclination to thinking they skipped over their original Episode 2 plans going by the journal

ket

Jul 27, 2018
release schedule predictions:
May 2019 for Ep. 3
September 2019 for Ep. 4
December 2019 for Ep. 5

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Foreveralone.jpg

Fantomas I saved it in case I want to give this avatar some love. All by myselllfffffff

Question! I know y'all are a bunch of Chloe fans, but I'm debating on doing one of their Tempest costumes. Problem is I like both pretty equally! Any thoughts on which costume I should do first? If it helps, I'm stronger at sewing than I am prop making so the masks will be a totally new endeavor for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Both costumes are awesome. You can't make me choose!

...I guess Chloe's. Ravens are cool, yo.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Chloe's Tempest costume makes me feel things. But they are both great and would probably be a lot of fun to make either way!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Looks like I'm doing Chloe! I'll post a pic whenever I have some progress, if that's cool with you fine folks.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, there was no wrong choice. The only thing I would've said is that Rachel's Prospero is probably more unique, for better or worse.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned already, but for any RE2 fans in here: Leon's voice actor, Nick Apostolides, voices our very own Charles Eriksen (Chris's dad), as well as Frank Bowers in Before the Storm!

I had no idea until I saw the credits roll in RE2, and recognized the familiar name. Dude is talented.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned already, but for any RE2 fans in here: Leon's voice actor, Nick Apostolides, voices our very own Charles Eriksen (Chris's dad), as well as Frank Bowers in Before the Storm!

I had no idea until I saw the credits roll in RE2, and recognized the familiar name. Dude is talented.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017

Neat!

They seem to be his only video game credits so far too, not a bad one-two-three to have :O

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Neat!

They seem to be his only video game credits so far too, not a bad one-two-three to have :O
Yup. He might just be everywhere 5 years down the line, who knows. He'll for sure be voicing Leon again in RE4make some years from now, unless Capcom pulls a Capcom and replaces him for no good reason.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yup. He might just be everywhere 5 years down the line, who knows. He'll for sure be voicing Leon again in RE4make some years from now, unless Capcom pulls a Capcom and replaces him for no good reason.

But he sounds so young in RE2.

But yeah, if they wont cast Matthew mercer anymore I would gladly take this guy.

Capcom is all over the place when it comes to VA tho

Mercer was originally suppose to voice him in Remake 2 but then I suppose that voice actor strike happened.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
But he sounds so young in RE2.
He's already 21 in RE2, so when you think about it, his voice morphing into the rad one Paul Mercier gave him in RE4 doesn't make that much sense. Your voice doesn't change like that, going from early to mid-20s. Even so, if they gave Nick the proper direction, I'm sure he could believably convey Leon's vocal shift to a more mature tone.

If it were up to me, I'd want them using Paul Mercier himself again, but I know that's not gonna happen.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
He's already 21 in RE2, so when you think about it, his voice morphing into the rad one Paul Mercier gave him in RE4 doesn't make that much sense. Your voice doesn't change like that, going from early to mid-20s. Even so, if they gave Nick the proper direction, I'm sure he could believably convey Leon's vocal shift to a more mature tone.

If it were up to me, I'd want them using Paul Mercier himself again, but I know that's not gonna happen.

Honestly, I've come to accept the VA changes, so I'm just going to roll with whatever they do. I'm done caring at this point. If Capcom can't keep it together.

If Leon is in RE8 I guarantee he will have a new voice actor.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I just finished Episode 2 of LiS2 and I'm a little surprised by my choice percentages.

I'm really, really shocked I was in the minority for a lot of my choices. I assumed everyone would play a goodie goodie like LiS1 and BTS and that Chris wouldn't be scolded for using his powers or anything, and when I chose to let Chris save Stephen I almost reloaded because I felt some choice regret. Daniel saved Chris, though shattered his illusion that he was a superhero. Aside from the basic stuff like helping with chores, humoring all the religion, and not using the computer/calling Lyla, I essentially was in the minority for everything. That being said I was surprised to see that my Daniel wasn't "Repressed" from using his powers because I was pretty harsh on him about the rules and was pretty strict about not letting the cat out of the bag until the end. Oh yeah, also I was dirt poor and had to steal the Yo-Yo, but it seemed to work out so whatever.

Non-spoiler talk, there were some really, really strange glitches in this episode. I hope the development isn't too troubled... when I saw a gigantic pen sticking out of the couch after I took the first Drawing opportunity I was expecting some bugs, but more than once Daniel's eyes rolled into the back of his head and his tongue disappeared and I could see through his neck like some horrifying trauma victim. He also forgot to do his walk/run animation quite a few times, so I had a T-posing Daniel warping and zooming all over the place in a few sections.

Overall I'm enjoying LiS2. It doesn't quite have the same charm as the first season (and honestly, I don't think that's a bad thing, just a difference between them), but I see why a lot of people struggled to get into it. Also, the episodes are so long! I can at least wait longer between them due to the extended lengths.