• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
BxtoTZN.jpg

Never forget

I kissed Warren in my first playthrough. Don't hurt me

I have NEVER noticed that. Does he just stand there during that scene?!?!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Everyone needs a friend like Warren and Chloe.

Or at least I want one. You know, some who would have my back and I would have theirs.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That's it I'm rewinding time and installing curtains on all the girls dorm rooms. This is a school for WEIRDOS

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
If you haven't seen the comments Max and Chloe make about Warren in Welcome to Blackwell it pretty much calls him out on this stuff (finally).

"Get that case of Toxic Masculinity you have brewing deep down checked out"

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I just realised something that I never considered before... what if Warren was just spying on Lisa?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I hugged Warren, but yeah, no way was he getting a kiss (I don't think I even had the option, because I remember being surprised about it afterwards).

That percentage is still surprising even just going by playthroughs I've watched because I'm pretty sure they've all been Chloe over Warren.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
You know, I'm a bit worried, I honestly don't think we will get Life is Strange 3.

I more or less think we'll get a Life is Strange 3 but it will be a more traditional game with a lower budget, and probably shorter runtime. At least, if LiS2 doesn't do well after all the episodes release. I assume it'd probably star previous characters rather than new characters due to the quote-unquote controversy and "alienation" caused by changing protagonists. I like the anthology approach but I think it would make sense to bring back fan favorites and "join" the two stories, provided the ending of the comic and LiS2 make that a thing that could possibly happen.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm a bit worried, I honestly don't think we will get Life is Strange 3.
I'm almost certain we get more Life Is Strange game(s), but I do think the direction of them could change depending on well/poorly 2 does.

I could see Square Enix wanting to go back and bank on the "safe" money of Max or Chloe or Blackwell. Another thing I could also see them ditching the episodic model (particularly given the demise of Telltale) or periods of exclusivity on Xbox (big boon for Game Pass) or Epic Games Store.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a lot of Warren animosity in this thread! What's going on?
I think, for those that noticed it (I mean, I didn't on my playthrough, although that's probably because he was uncomfortably close to what I was like at secondary/high school) that Warren was a bit too "Nice Guy™" for comfort. That and he's between Max and the one true Queen, Chloe, of course =P

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Also let's not forget the content of his locker. That was like my final "nope, nope, nope" towards him. I still gave him a hug though (never even had the option to kiss him), because I guess he deserved at least this much empathy (especially in such a situation).

Sorry Warren, but you have to go ape alone. Brooke ist too good for you too!

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I think, for those that noticed it (I mean, I didn't on my playthrough, although that's probably because he was uncomfortably close to what I was like at secondary/high school) that Warren was a bit too "Nice Guy™" for comfort. That and he's between Max and the one true Queen, Chloe, of course =P
Also let's not forget the content of his locker. That was like my final "nope, nope, nope" towards him. I still gave him a hug though (never even had the option to kiss him), because I guess he deserved at least this much empathy (especially in such a situation).

Sorry Warren, but you have to go ape alone. Brooke ist too good for you too!

That's very interesting, and not something I noticed on my playthrough at all! Maybe it's time for a replay.

Do you think the story really intended for the player to feel that way towards Warren? Or is it an impression built on a few segments that unintentionally gave the player a creepy feeling? But then you have that creepy-Warren-through-the-window easter egg. Why is it there?

So many questions...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do they actually show Warren's locker? I don't remember it.
If this is about Warren's nightmare locker found in Max's dream-state, I always took that more as a reflection of Max's fears rather than anything based in reality. IIRC that whole sequence is just "it's your worst fears, Max! It's all bad!!"

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good question if the game's story intends to feel creeped out by Warren. If I remember correctly the co-creator once said that they didn't see him as creepy, but as pushy. But that doesn't matter much in everyone's personal interpretation of him, I think (meaning everyone should interpret the characters the way they see them and not just what the authors said). I'm sure some or even many people saw a bit of themselve in Warren, or maybe they knew a person who was like him, which affected the way they are thinking about him. Personally I always thought that he was trying way too hard and almost ended up in a sorta stalker mentality. Warren is obsessed with Max, to the point where he either can't control himself or isn't able to read the room. He gets pushy a lot. He texts Max multiple times, even when she's not responding. There's the window "easter egg". He constantly tries to touch Max (for example when she denies a hug he still touches her head if I remember correctly), to which she isn't really responding, so it's hard to tell if she think it's okay or simply doesn't want to say anything to not hurt their friendship, maybe because Max thinks of Warren as a good friend and doesn't want to hurt him (or maybe because the game wants the player to decide what Max thinks, after all you can totally go for Warren if you want to). I guess it depends from what perspective you're looking at him. Warren is a typical nerd stand-in, who's trying way too hard to make his crush notice him, either through heroic and helpful deeds (he is helping Max multiple times throughout the game, but that's what you would hope a good friend would do for you. Perhaps Warren goes the extra mile because he's in love with Max). I don't hate him or anything. I feel sorry for him, because unrequited love sucks. But that doesn't excuse his creepy behavior towards Max. As I said, perhaps because of his obsession with her he isn't able to read the room. He doesn't understand that Max is just seeing him as a friend. He's so obsessed with her that he sees him and Max as an item. What I meant with the locker wasn't just episode 5. You have access to his real locker in episode 3 too.

In episode 3, when you go to the boys' locker room, you can open Warren's locker and find a photo of him with Max in there. Cute. Friends take photos together. They keep them. They precious treasure them. But why is it in his locker of all places? Also it was just a random photo they took together, not really from a special moment or anything if I remember correctly. Max questions this even, saying that Warren probably developed this in Jefferon's class, but asks why he did that in the first place. To me it always looked like a part of his obessions with Max. The obsession of being together with her. And then of course there's the locker in episode 5. And while that locker isn't real, it certainly is a reflection of Max's fears. And seeing that locker it seems that Max is actually afraid of Warren's obsession. She knows he's in love with her. And she fears the worst. Chloe noticed that he's in love with Max immediately as well

In the end, I guess it perhaps depends on your real life experience if you find Warren endearing or creepy. But I think that's one of the beauty of Life is Strange and its characters. There are multiple ways to see them, multiple ways to interpret them. And there are many ways to perhaps so yourself in all the characters. I certainly saw some parts of myself in Max. I also saw some parts of myself in Chloe or Brooke. And yes, I also saw some parts of myself in Warren. Probably the unrequited love part, trying to understand why your school crush isn't into you or noticing you at all. But thankfully I never went the Warren route and got obsessed with said person. But I did the "way too many text messages" thing, lol. Thankfully I quickly noticed how stupid that was. And thankfully I never was obsessed with that certain someone.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
If Welcome to Blackwell is any indication the team is definitely aware of and supporting criticisms of Warren's behavior.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Resisting the urge to....replay just to see his lockers. Thank you for the really cool post mudai This is one of the reasons I adore this game, its so interesting to talk about!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

<3

Resisting the urge to....replay just to see his lockers. Thank you for the really cool post mudai This is one of the reasons I adore this game, its so interesting to talk about!

Thank you very much for your kind words! :) I just went back to read my post and noticed that it might be a bit rough to read (some way too long sentenecs, some typos here and there) but I hope it wasn't too tough.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
That's a great cover.

And Chloe isn't on the cover, because if she was, it would spoil issue 4 presumably

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
So It's a new story.(The "Dust" arc ends with issue 4).Nice cover.
But please,don't milk the franchise too much.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
For what it's worth, the Bloodborne comics by Titan are pretty fantastic, so I have some faith that they 'get it' and any LiS continuations will be roughly similar quality.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's a departure in cover style. Reminds me of Jen Bartel but probably someone else. Chloe damn well better not be dead or some bullshit. Also I hope they start having worthwhile variants now that it is ongoing.
Jen Bartel has actually gotten a lot better as of late. Just look up some of the covers she's been doing for Blackbird. She still does the occasional awkward jawline but she's working on it.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The issue isn't out until May? Damn, issue #4 better be oversized and satisfying. Though It was originally planned as just a miniseries, so they probably didn't get the writer, artist, and colorist on lock quick enough.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That cover is so gorgeous. I should have recognized it was a Jen piece since the colors are just so good. And I finally asked my local comic shop to order the issues already out so I can FINALLY read them.

And check out this tank top I bought yesterday. It's a bit small so I'm going to turn it into a pillow or patch.

photo-2019-02-20-14-28-15.jpg

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Do any of you guys have Life is Strange tattoos? I'm thinking of getting one and would love to see if you neato dudes have any!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
There are some people here who have some, I've contemplated getting one for a while.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If I was ever to get a tattoo, it would almost certainly be LiS-related, for what that's worth, and it would almost certainly be the "this action will have consequences" butterfly, with the rewind spiral a distant second.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I really like the deer motif I've been seeing lately, in LiS, RDR2, and some stuff in my life. I'll have to start looking into good designs for a future tattoo. But I don't have any tattoos at all.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Was actually up late enough to catch issue 4 as it dropped, and it's probably gonna piss off people

At least we got some Pricefield, finally. Right before Max threw herself through realities :(

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Was actually up late enough to catch issue 4 as it dropped, and it's probably gonna piss off people

At least we got some Pricefield, finally. Right before Max threw herself through realities :(
Oh FFS. Guess the writer had to modify the ending when it became an ongoing instead of a miniseries.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Oh FFS. Guess the writer had to modify the ending when it became an ongoing instead of a miniseries.

Yeah, probably. If that had been the end of the series completely, I would have been pissed. As a set-up, though, I don't mind it.

The threads of Max going through the multiverse, while Prime Chloe is off doing her thing are more interesting to me than the two of them just hanging out. If I wanted that, I'd just read fluff fics.