• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Oh FFS. Guess the writer had to modify the ending when it became an ongoing instead of a miniseries.

You can blame me, I bought all 4 issues on release digitally.... I showed there was demand.

I'm waiting for the trade of the first 8-10 issues at this point.

You're not wrong, fluff doesn't compel anyone to pick up the next issue. Not sure how long the planned series is going to be, as the 'will they/can they' misery can only string people along so far, you need a plot, character archs and some kind of explanation for the multiverse and the "powers"

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
You can blame me, I bought all 4 issues on release digitally.... I showed there was demand.

You're not wrong, fluff doesn't compel anyone to pick up the next issue. Not sure how long the planned series is going to be, as the 'will they/can they' misery can only string people along so far, you need a plot, character archs and some kind of explanation for the multiverse and the "powers"
I'm part of the problem too. ._. I have five covers for issue #1 (one being a rare and exclusive variant) and have two covers for the other three issues. Before reading them I told my comic shop to get me three covers for issue #5.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017

Agreed. Although I'm not sure I have a ton of faith in them being able to explain everything, considering the game itself doesn't bother lol. I'm still gonna keep following along, though.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm part of the problem too. ._. I have five covers for issue #1 (one being a rare and exclusive variant) and have two covers for the other three issues. Before reading them I told my comic shop to get me three covers for issue #5.

I'll put my hand up and say I'm part of that problem to. Pre-ordered every variant, own ever one of them and have also ordered all 5 of #5 as well.

I have a problem.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Well, for what it's worth, the fact that it is now an ongoing means it must be doing okay numbers-wise, right?

I'm all for more, I didn't mind where this issue took us. That last page was certainly something.

I am basically 100% in on whatever this publisher pushes out for game related content. The Bloodborne comics are genuinely amazing, LiS has been good, and the later few Dark Souls collections (Tales of Ember + Age of Fire) were actually finally on point. I have high hopes for the rest of these series and feel like the company is worth supporting.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Agreed. Although I'm not sure I have a ton of faith in them being able to explain everything, considering the game itself doesn't bother lol. I'm still gonna keep following along, though.

May is issue #5, right? They must have decided to extend the run pretty late.

I know a lot of people where/are upset about how it ended, especially considering how most expected a 120-150 page 4 issue run. I'm pulling for everyone and I really hope they something good planned. Chloe prime alone and Max prime being the third wheel between Rachel and Chloe.... Just don't turn it into Buffy Season 8-11 comics, where everyone suffers forever and is unhappy forever, it turns people off. (I'm still reading the new buffy run :/ )

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Nick Shriner,Nathan voice actor,will be in The OA season 2.
(one of the LiS co director really liked the first season....hey Life is Strange isn't it)

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first issue of the LiS comic book, amongst many many other videogame comics, are in the current Humble Comics Bundle, if anyone here or anyone you might know would be interested.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a habit of finding Max (or other Life is Strange characters) in games?

F11458D1E71E8AF8FDEA0D6D91C800F927106D67
aka I have a habit of making Max and/or Chloe in character creators:

(from Absolver)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a habit of finding Max (or other Life is Strange characters) in games?

aka I have a habit of making Max and/or Chloe in character creators:

(from Absolver)
Not gonna lie, the first thing I do in pretty much any game with a character creator nowadays is try to (poorly) recreate Max or Chloe.

That first shot is real good by the way, tricked me into thinking you'd managed to just import her in the game!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing XCOM 2, literally as soon as I could edit my squad I turned one of them into Chloe lol.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017

Always nice to see Life Is Strange get some recognition even though 1. LiS2 isn't even finished yet and 2. I'm 99% certain Celeste is winning.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I like these quotes from the latest interview re: the scenes they are most proud of from LiS 1 & 2:

What scenes from the entire Life is Strange series are you particularly proud of? What makes them work in your opinion?

Jean-Luc: …favourite moment in the games. Too many!

(After much thought) I think the end of the first episode of Life is Strange season 1 works really well. It introduces the relationship between Max and Chloe and I think the use of the song is really effective.

Also the end of Episode 3 - again, it changes the Max and Chloe relationship in a dramatic way, but in a way that ties in really well with the themes of that series.

In terms of Life is Strange 2, the first scene came together in a way I liked - the interactions with Esteban, the fight with Brett… I think it works.

Michel: The quieter moments are actually my favourite. After Max and Chloe go swimming in Season One - Max wakes up and you can just lie in bed and listen to music. Quiet Eyes, I think the song is.

When we have the chance to do those quiet moments… I love it.

As for Life is Strange 2, I like the part where Sean and Daniel are in the old house in the snow. The part when Sean goes for a smoke - you can tell from his face and body language he's worried. Then he tries and fails to lift a rock, you can see the frustration that he's not the one with the powers.

And it's all done with just music and no voices.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that scene was really effective, definitely a favorite moment so far even though it was a small one.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Official description for episode 3:

Episode 3, 'Wastelands', continues Sean and Daniel Diaz's journey to Mexico, as they reach the towering redwood forests of California. Falling in with a community of drifters on the fringes of society, the brothers are exposed to new experiences, encounter new friends and challenges, and must confront much about themselves in the process. New relationships cause friction between the brothers and raise doubts about their unity. Can they stay together, or will their journey together end here?

i am intrigued.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Official description for episode 3:

Episode 3, 'Wastelands', continues Sean and Daniel Diaz's journey to Mexico, as they reach the towering redwood forests of California. Falling in with a community of drifters on the fringes of society, the brothers are exposed to new experiences, encounter new friends and challenges, and must confront much about themselves in the process. New relationships cause friction between the brothers and raise doubts about their unity. Can they stay together, or will their journey together end here?

i am intrigued.

Mmm interesting 🤔🤔🤔

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to steal this comment from Reddit because it made me die of laughter while I was feeling depressed:

A storm is destroying Puerto Lobos, and in that moment Sean has a sudden revelation (read ass pull) that he was supposed to die in that shooting, and the storm is the universe throwing a temper tantrum because he's still alive. The final choice is sacrifice Sean or sacrifice Puerto Lobos, but the big twist is that Daniel's the one making the decision. Which decision he makes is based on one choice in episode 1. If Sean didn't give Daniel the last Chocko Crisp bar Daniel uses his telekinesis to yeet Sean off a cliff.

The sacrifice Sean ending will be 30 minutes long and followed by a hidden 6th episode while the sacrifice Puerto Lobos ending is 10 seconds long and followed by the game crashing and deleting all your save files.