• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool and works for both endings.

hlduSlV.png
You should feel bad about this lol.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
(Also if anyone is looking for a Pride Month avatar, stop by the thread, I give special treatment to LiS avatars naturally)

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Been ages since I've posted in this thread, I continually forget the Community forums exist. Amazing to see its still going strong <3

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
*Waits for more episodes of LiS2 to play them all without much waiting*
*Watches SE E3 conference*
*They proceed to spoil the whole fucking game, up to Ep 3*

God fucking dammit.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I will try to forget the most amount of details, but dammit, SE.

Got trapped by some great music. There seem to be some great characters in the game! Awesome.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I had the craziest idea, what if they made a LiS MMO, being able to explore Arcadia Bay fully.

Yes please.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Seems DontNods Twin Mirror is delayed to next year. :(

yes.I am ok with that.

"DONTNOD Entertainment is pleased to announce the signing of an exclusive PC distribution partnership with Epic Games. The PC version of Twin Mirror will be released exclusively via Epic Games store for a 12-month period. The financial terms of this partnership ensure a more advantageous distribution of revenues for DONTNOD.
Meanwhile, DONTNOD Entertainment has acquired the rights of Twin Mirror in line with the strategy presented at the time of its IPO: strengthen its intellectual property portfolio and increase game profitability.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, the publisher that launched the project with DONTNOD Entertainment, will continue to be in charge of publishing, marketing and distribution on Xbox One®, Microsoft's all-in-one games and entertainment system, and on PlayStation®4.
"

it seems also that they want to acquire the rights of their IPs now.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I had the craziest idea, what if they made a LiS MMO, being able to explore Arcadia Bay fully.

Yes please.
Honestly, I wouldn't care about it being an MMO per se, but yeah, I would love to have something that allows to just walk around Arcadia.

The main place I think about as a comparison is Yakuza's Kamurocho in that the world is almost a character in itself, and you do get to walk about that world!

The best we get with Life Is Strange is an Other Places video:

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I still haven't played Life is Strange 2 (only the demo) I know myself and can't wait a month or longer for a new episode. So like I did with the first one and Before the Storm. I wait till Square Enix has released a Collectors Edition or the Full Game. I have the Vinyl Edition of Before the Storm with Rachel and Chloe.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I still haven't played Life is Strange 2 (only the demo) I know myself and can't wait a month or longer for a new episode. So like I did with the first one and Before the Storm. I wait till Square Enix has released a Collectors Edition or the Full Game. I have the Vinyl Edition of Before the Storm with Rachel and Chloe.

As much as I would like to play it now, I also decided to wait for the full release before buying LiS 2. The wait between episodes is much too long for me.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would like to play it now, I also decided to wait for the full release before buying LiS 2. The wait between episodes is much too long for me.
As someone who bought the original and Before the Storm once they were done and binged them and opted instead for the "wait between episodes" idea for 2, yeah, the former is definitely the better option. Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this season so far but the waiting has tended to pass from building excitement for what's next to needed a refresher course on what's happened.

(That being said, I'd obviously much rather Dontnod take the time they need and avoid rushing/crunching just to satisfy me)

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
As someone who bought the original and Before the Storm once they were done and binged them and opted instead for the "wait between episodes" idea for 2, yeah, the former is definitely the better option. Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this season so far but the waiting has tended to pass from building excitement for what's next to needed a refresher course on what's happened.

(That being said, I'd obviously much rather Dontnod take the time they need and avoid rushing/crunching just to satisfy me)

When I played LiS 1, I strongly felt that its episodic nature served a real purpose, and made the game much better on an emotional standpoint. A bit less so with Before the Storm; I thought this one could have been a regular long game and it mostly wouldn't have suffered.

With what you played of LiS 2 so far, would you say that being episodic is as warranted as it was for the first game? Or is it a bit useless and the whole thing could have been released all at once as one complete game?

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
With what you played of LiS 2 so far, would you say that being episodic is as warranted as it was for the first game? Or is it a bit useless and the whole thing could have been released all at once as one complete game?
Without spoiling anything, it would definitely feel weird if they released it with the exact same story beats and everything as one complete game.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"Sony Europe are currently running a PlayStation sale, with up to 25% off the Life Is Strange 2 Complete Season! "

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Everyone knows the Eurogamer LiS playthrough with Johnny and Aoife,right ?

Some news about them:

-"Johnny Chiodini is leaving Eurogamer to work on a new website about tabletop games our parent company will soon set up "
-"Aoife Wilson has been promoted to Head of Video, Eurogamer. Aoife has done a wonderful job as a video producer for Eurogamer on YouTube for a number of years now, and in her new role will lead the soft reboot of the channel "

Also,if you don't follow Aoife on twitter...some other cool news for her ;)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to both Johnny and Aoife (doubly so for her!), and I'm glad they'll be continuing the LiS2 playthrough to the end.

Completely unrelated:

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got a chuckle out of people tagging @LifeIsStrange on this tweet. Savage.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Latest issue of the comic came out today. I liked it a lot. Provides some good moments between Max/Rachel/Chloe, while also advancing the plot in interesting ways.

I like that it's not taking the easy way out and hand waving away everything Max has been through. It be extremely hard for her to be in such a position, even with the support of Chloe and Rachel. Still wish we'd get a chance to see more of the extended cast, but I doubt that's going to happen. How can we be six issues into this thing and still not have one Victoria or Kate sighting?