• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If someone knows the real life location of Arcadadia Bay please let me know.
The place that it was based on is Garibaldi, Oregon, which is located on Tillamook Bay.

UDOtVIb.jpg

62RZzwa.jpg

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Lucy Hale said the panel is going to be uploaded later, but anything interesting you could please tell us now?

Edit also:
Yes I took notes lol

1. Episode 1 was setting the tone of the game, which they wanted to be about education. Everything comes back to that point.
  2. Episode 2 they wanted to focus on RULES~ rules of family dynamics, what they mean and how they form.
  3. Episode 3 ~ Teenage rebellion and growth as characters.
  4. They chose Mexican American characters not as a statement, but as a new perspective. They said that there's a lot of social unrest revolving around race in today's world, so they wanted to get players to think and talk. They wanted to offer new stories that the player could create the way they wanted to.
  5. Evolving from LiS 1, they wanted to evolve. There are no immediate consequences in LiS 2; everything is about the education of Daniel based on your actions.
  6. They wanted to challenge themselves by focusing on new locations, new characters, and new ways of telling a story.
  7. They took a road trip to LA so that they could experience the journey. They said feelings that they got from each state they passed through contributed to the writing process.
  8. The end of the game will differ based on how you educate Daniel. What he learns will have an effect from one episode to the next.
  9. They said it's important to have player choice, but also important to have believable characters.
  10. They wanted to create an "open world story".
  11. You don't play as Daniel because they wanted the experience to be based on what Daniel could be, instead of what you make him do as a playable character. They said that it is a metaphor for education.
  12. In LiS 1, Max was afraid to grow up and her power is linked to her weakness. Up for interpretation.
  13. They sometimes write a scene listening to the music they select to visualize it, but sometimes it is also the other way around.
  14. There is no canon ending to LiS 1. They want an open experience for players.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, thanks for taking notes!

Sounds like they talked about some interesting stuff. Education being the overall theme of LiS 2 makes sense, I like the notes about that.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Pirate Bae!

One day they will see the light and embrace the true ending. But today is not that day.

IgelRM

Feb 8, 2018
Western Europe
Yes I took notes lol

1. Episode 1 was setting the tone of the game, which they wanted to be about education. Everything comes back to that point.
  2. Episode 2 they wanted to focus on RULES~ rules of family dynamics, what they mean and how they form.
  4. They chose Mexican American characters not as a statement, but as a new perspective. They said that there's a lot of social unrest revolving around race in today's world, so they wanted to get players to think and talk. They wanted to offer new stories that the player could create the way they wanted to.
  5. Evolving from LiS 1, they wanted to evolve. There are no immediate consequences in LiS 2; everything is about the education of Daniel based on your actions.
  6. They wanted to challenge themselves by focusing on new locations, new characters, and new ways of telling a story.
  7. They took a road trip to LA so that they could experience the journey. They said feelings that they got from each state they passed through contributed to the writing process.
  8. The end of the game will differ based on how you educate Daniel. What he learns will have an effect from one episode to the next.
  9. They said it's important to have player choice, but also important to have believable characters.
  11. You don't play as Daniel because they wanted the experience to be based on what Daniel could be, instead of what you make him do as a playable character. They said that it is a metaphor for education.
  12. In LiS 1, Max was afraid to grow up and her power is linked to her weakness. Up for interpretation.
  13. They sometimes write a scene listening to the music they select to visualize it, but sometimes it is also the other way around.
  14. There is no canon ending to LiS 1. They want an open experience for players.
Amazing, thank you so much. In the original talk description, an exclusive preview was mentioned. I suppose that didn't make it, we will get the episode soon anyway.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yes I took notes lol

Oh cool thanks !Well nothing really new for me,but i hope it will help some people understand LiS 2.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Amazing, thank you so much. In the original talk description, an exclusive preview was mentioned. I suppose that didn't make it, we will get the episode soon anyway.
Maybe it did, we left at the Q&A to get in line for the signing (I missed The Witcher panel because we didn't get in line in time) and I didn't want to not get my book signed.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Another thing to note: they were incredibly nice people and at the signing they took the time to ask us questions and actually have a conversation with us. Very sincere about wanting to make fans happy and do good work. They were very appreciative when I told them how much the game meant to me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing to note: they were incredibly nice people and at the signing they took the time to ask us questions and actually have a conversation with us. Very sincere about wanting to make fans happy and do good work. They were very appreciative when I told them how much the game meant to me.
Aww, that's good to hear!

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
It was easily the highlight of the whole con for me. They also showed some concept art and the various stages of Daniel's and Sean's development which was cool but I didn't take pictures cause I was typing my notes.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Yes I took notes lol

I'm going to intreprate the worst in regards to what they said about Max. Laughing at number 14.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Soon !

"
Is there anything you'd like to say to fans who are gearing up for Episode 4?

Jean-Luc: Yeah, get ready for the 4th, for sure!
Raoul: I hope that you continue to take care of Daniel and love him, and yeah. We… always happy to see… again on Episode 3 we got tremendous feedback on Episode 3. Episode 4 will be really, really different, so I hope you won't be disappointed, but the idea is also because it's a road trip format is to change from one episode to another to really explore new themes, new environments, and so I hope they will like it.
Jean-Luc: We have a lot of surprises!
"

A cool interview :

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
The Max power thing being based on her weakness reminds me about a movie called About Time of a guy who discovers he can time travel and is able to make a woman fall in love with him with that. Essentially Max and the movie's main character both have confidence issues that they're able to eventually get over (or at least improve considerably) by trial and error. Or that's my read of her character.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Issue 7 of the comic came out, and it's probably my least favorite of the series so far.

I don't really care about this new character, so making most of the issue's focus on him is a real bummer. I enjoy the Max/Chloe/Rachel interactions, but they're too few and far between. And while I understand that there needs to be something driving the plot, the fact that we've spent a ton of time with new characters, and basically none with the other characters from the game is a real bummer. Where's Victoria? Or Kate? Or anyone really?

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Looking For Alaska show on Hulu looks like it might be a good watch for us LiS fans:

I haven't read the novel, but this teaser got my attention because it's the most Life is Strange teaser I've ever seen.

They're going all out with the style, even using Crosses by José Gonzáles, but even without the song the vibe is there.

This is not supposed to be serious, but I did this because I'm fascinated by how close it looks and feels, haha:

fSCl7ht.jpg

oGiTrO9.jpg

YYeD1s6.jpg

5j9Pf3R.jpg

kCkXaFN.jpg

This one was just for fun lol:

FjVrVEI.jpg

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
An another interview:

"Cano: To be honest, we can't really talk about what will happen in Episodes Four and Five, but the themes we are tackling in Four and Five are new themes that haven't been seen in the first three episodes of Life is Strange 2, or in the first season of Life is Strange. Sean and Daniel will face new scenes, new characters, new moods. So we really can't wait to see the reaction of the fans and the players and the community, because it's a new subject."
(..)
"In Life is Strange 2, you don't see immediately the consequences. You don't have your massive, big decisions. The behavior of Daniel is shaped by a lot of small details you don't notice at the time. Even if we have big, huge A or B choices, Daniel is not always shaped by only these big decision. He is shaped by a lot of little stuff, vital choices, action you've made, picking up some stuff. And it's all separate stuff, you know. So when you say, "Okay, what I've done wrong?" It's not one decision you have made. It's a lot of different small details that shape Daniel, but it's not right or wrong. It's only your experience. "

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Life is Strange 2 episode 4 name revealed:

Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 'Faith' debuts at Gamescom 2019. Experience the trailer for the riveting next chapter in the Diaz brothers' journey towards a new life in Mexico, as the story reaches its most thrilling and complex entry yet. The second season of the award-winning franchise from Square Enix External Studios and the Life is Strange team at Dontnod Entertainment, continues on August 22, 2019

hype !

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
there will be a communy Event at Gamescom 2019 ,with the go-game director,the writer,and the producer

Also this episode 4 key art is beautiful