• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Storm Week! Man, I still have so many fond memories of playing the original Life is Strange for the first time. As I type this the whole part of Max and Chloe breaking into the school came to my mind for example.

Also, since it's Storm Week, I guess it's a good time to post a gif of Brooke again. It's been a while, hehe...

AnimatedNimbleHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

I'm fully prepared for the "stop trying to make Brooke a thing, mudai" gif haha

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Very disappointed at the fact that E5 won't be on-disc! I'll wait for a re-release later on down the line, most likely. Already have the game digitally anyway.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Very disappointed at the fact that E5 won't be on-disc! I'll wait for a re-release later on down the line, most likely. Already have the game digitally anyway.

Well that changes things a bit, why the hell would they release this then if it's going to be incomplete.

Ugh.

Square baby, what is you doing.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If I remember right the bonus episode for BtS didnt come with the physical release either, kind of unfortunate this time though since that was technically just an extra thing whereas this is the actual last episode.

That being said, I'm just in it for the soundtrack and other extra stuff tbh, I'm playing the game on Steam.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Replaying LiS and I managed to
save Kate and I did not know about Chloe taking Max to visit her in the hospital during Ep 4. It was so wholesome between Chloe sincerely apologizing for being an asshole about the phone call and seeing Kate in better spirits. 😭
I'm both happy and sad they had the budget for that given how the final episode turned out, considering it's optional and has assets only used once during gameplay. 😑

Fuck that LiS2 SE for having LiS related patches. 😠 Salt in the wound, unless SE has something up their sleeve besides continuing the comic.

Last edited:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished Before the Storm for the first time. Got it on sale a while ago after playing Life is Strange and was just waiting until I found the right time, mood, and enough tissues to collect the storm of tears that were sure to follow.

Loved it! The best parts were the play, especially Rachel going off-script, everything about Steph and Mikey, Barb the Elf Barbarian, and watching Chloe transform more and more into her Life is Strange self. I really enjoyed getting deeper insight into Chloe's character. Though I do kinda feel like the 3rd episode wasn't quite as good as everything that built up to it, I'll never get tired of the feels and tough choices these games put me through. And speaking of choices, I'm still kinda torn on the final one...

I wasn't a fan of the lack of Rachel in the last episode, since this was her last chance to shine before life takes its inevitably tragic turn. Wasting finale time on Eliot also annoyed me. Unlike a lot of people I didn't hate Warren but this guy was Warren on steroids with a knife behind his back. I'm not saying his character wasn't believable, because I'm sure there are plenty of seemingly "nice" guys out there waiting to snap like that, but I'm not sure Arcadia Bay needed another unhinged dude popping up.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the ending and the idea that everybody lies. With games like this I always try to play exactly how I think the character themself would react and ignore my personal impulses, but obviously sometimes that's easier said than done. Chloe's well known for her brutal honesty and Rachel clearly hates being lied to. I was convinced at first that there was nothing Chloe wouldn't do to bring Rachel the truth and reunite her with her mother. But then Chloe has the chat with Ghost Dad about lies, and Sera is so insistent that the truth would only make things worse for Rachel, which I couldn't help but agree with. In the end I had Chloe lie, but I still keep wondering if that was just me wanting to spare Rachel from more pain during the brief time I know she has left. I suppose there's no easy answer, as indicated by the player results being split almost 50/50. I'm curious what most people here chose.

Probably gonna replay Life is Strange soon since I never did get the plat the first time around. If I end up sacrificing Chloe again it'll probably cut even deeper now, if that's possible. Yes, I chose Bay, don't look at me like that... trust me I didn't enjoy it! I cried hella hard during and afterwards. ;_;

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished Before the Storm for the first time. Got it on sale a while ago after playing Life is Strange and was just waiting until I found the right time, mood, and enough tissues to collect the storm of tears that were sure to follow.

Loved it! The best parts were the play, especially Rachel going off-script, everything about Steph and Mikey, Barb the Elf Barbarian, and watching Chloe transform more and more into her Life is Strange self. I really enjoyed getting deeper insight into Chloe's character. Though I do kinda feel like the 3rd episode wasn't quite as good as everything that built up to it, I'll never get tired of the feels and tough choices these games put me through. And speaking of choices, I'm still kinda torn on the final one...

I wasn't a fan of the lack of Rachel in the last episode, since this was her last chance to shine before life takes its inevitably tragic turn. Wasting finale time on Eliot also annoyed me. Unlike a lot of people I didn't hate Warren but this guy was Warren on steroids with a knife behind his back. I'm not saying his character wasn't believable, because I'm sure there are plenty of seemingly "nice" guys out there waiting to snap like that, but I'm not sure Arcadia Bay needed another unhinged dude popping up.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the ending and the idea that everybody lies. With games like this I always try to play exactly how I think the character themself would react and ignore my personal impulses, but obviously sometimes that's easier said than done. Chloe's well known for her brutal honesty and Rachel clearly hates being lied to. I was convinced at first that there was nothing Chloe wouldn't do to bring Rachel the truth and reunite her with her mother. But then Chloe has the chat with Ghost Dad about lies, and Sera is so insistent that the truth would only make things worse for Rachel, which I couldn't help but agree with. In the end I had Chloe lie, but I still keep wondering if that was just me wanting to spare Rachel from more pain during the brief time I know she has left. I suppose there's no easy answer, as indicated by the player results being split almost 50/50. I'm curious what most people here chose.

Probably gonna replay Life is Strange soon since I never did get the plat the first time around. If I end up sacrificing Chloe again it'll probably cut even deeper now, if that's possible. Yes, I chose Bay, don't look at me like that... trust me I didn't enjoy it! I cried hella hard during and afterwards. ;_;

I recommend obtaining the bonus episode (not sure what kind of bundle/package you got BTS with but I assume it wasn't included) because it's, in my opinion, better than the rest of BTS, assuming you like Max and Chloe.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I recommend obtaining the bonus episode (not sure what kind of bundle/package you got BTS with but I assume it wasn't included) because it's, in my opinion, better than the rest of BTS, assuming you like Max and Chloe.

Just started it actually. And it already hurts, witnessing such innocent times. ;_;

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...innocence lost.

"We have battled many foes and never fail to save each other." ;_;

"Even when we're apart... we're still, Max and Chloe." ;_;

Goddamnit Max. ;_;

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
You think it's better than the rest of BtS? Guess we have to disagree on something. Even though I still cried, it felt way too manipulative and I daresay twee. Playing it after LiS and BtS is basically taking the knife out, smothering it in salt, and then jabbing it back in while slowly twisting it. If anything, I'd recommend people play "Farewell" before BtS proper because then at least the complete LiS experience doesn't end with Chloe, alone, crying on the floor.
As a sapphic woman, I sure love men
hand wringing about letting queer women die in media.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
"EGX is delighted to welcome back key members of the Life is Strange development team as they take part in a panel session titled Untold stories: How Life is Strange is opening our eyes to all walks of life.

Taking place on Friday at 4pm in the EGX theatre, we talk to the DONTNOD team about how they've used the immersion of interactive storytelling to create and even alter young people's perception of the world at large.

Friday 4:00PM BST

EGX Theatre "

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I should have checked here before spending 20 minutes in paint trying to make it work, lol.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo Ashly Burch plays Parvati in The Outer Worlds.

parvati-outer-worlds-voice-cast-1.jpg

Blew my mind learning this just now. No wonder Parvati's the best.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finishing up Horizon Zero Dawn right now, and then I'll be starting Outer Worlds lol, Ashly overload.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
This is really interesting.

"
While major choices will have a greater impact on Daniel's education overall, the lessons they teach him can still be outweighed by the many smaller choices you may make throughout your journey and the example you set. You can't choose to only be righteous when it counts, if that's what matters to you. You have to be an example to Daniel in everything you do and say.

This is also why certain playthroughs result in different outcomes, even though players may have made the same major choices as their friends and other players. These outcomes are likely down to choosing differently in a series of smaller choices.

To date, Life is Strange 2 has featured over 50 individual choices that have pushed Daniel towards becoming moral/amoral and/or trusting/not trusting of Sean
. This is what we mean when we say, "everything you do will have an impact on Daniel."
"
As Daniel becomes the person you are teaching him to be, his learned state of mind will also open up or close off some bigger and smaller decision options that you are given. There are cases throughout the episodes where you may try to interact with Daniel in a particular way, but he refuses to listen or accept your advice or help. That refusal may mean that what you're trying to teach him may not have the same impact as if he had accepted it. This is because your previous choices have reinforced and compounded themselves as you proceeded through the story of Life is Strange 2. This is particularly visible if you have a sudden change of heart or feel strongly about a certain decision that may not align with what you've taught him so far.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg
Max and Chloe picture that shows up in ep5 of season 2. (If you saved Chloe.)

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
I still cannot believe
they put David in the game and what happened to him. I thought visiting Arcadia Bay was going to be it! And when he talked about Chloe, I saw his tattoo, and they played "max and chloe" I choked up so hard... [/ SPOILER]

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I still cannot believe
they put David in the game and what happened to him. I thought visiting Arcadia Bay was going to be it! And when he talked about Chloe, I saw his tattoo, and they played "max and chloe" I choked up so hard... [/ SPOILER]
Yeah

I loved that so much, giving us more closure on the Bae ending was amazing. Just knowing that Chloe and Max are out there living a good fun life together after everything that happened, and that David and Chloe were finally able to have a healthy relationship with each other just makes me want to cry.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah

I loved that so much, giving us more closure on the Bae ending was amazing. Just knowing that Chloe and Max are out there living a good fun life together after everything that happened, and that David and Chloe were finally able to have a healthy relationship with each other just makes me want to cry.

They did a really great job honoring the player choices.

Also,
I feel like LiS1 had stronger gut punches. Higher highs and lower lows, so to speak. But LiS2 was generally more engaging to play. Basically LiS2 was a better game, but I still love LiS1 more.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'll have to find a way to get that collectors edition. I wasn't able to get it for the previous game.

Also

That David cameo was absolutely fantastic. And its interesting to find out the differences between the Bae and Bay endings. I was hoping that Joyce would have been happy there with him too. And I lost it when in my game I found out Joyce died. Like a punch in the gut. But this really was a nice surprise.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah

They're out there "living a good fun life together" after almost everyone in Arcadia Bay is dead.

I get that it's just dumb fanservice, but eh. Chloe didn't want Max to save her over the Bay. Realistically, there would have been a ton of drama between them. Max saved Chloe, but she also let Joyce (plus a whole town) die. They knew something not "happily ever after" would upset the Bae crowd, though, so they just showed Chloe with green hair instead, even though it kinda flies against what LiS is about (not fairytale endings, that's for sure).

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
They're out there "living a good fun life together" after almost everyone in Arcadia Bay is dead.

I get that it's just dumb fanservice, but eh. Chloe didn't want Max to save her over the Bay. Realistically, there would have been a ton of drama between them. Max saved Chloe, but she also let Joyce (plus a whole town) die. They knew something not "happily ever after" would upset the Bae crowd, though, so they just showed Chloe with green hair instead, even though it kinda flies against what LiS is about (not fairytale endings, that's for sure).
I knew someone would do this eventually, thanks for just taking a shit on my fun, very nice of you.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The LIS endings are garbage and make no sense, trying to rationalize them is a pointless endeavor.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, how did this end? Any good? I stopped in episode 2 after
The Mushroom Incident
, because it pissed me the hell off and destroyed my trust in Dontnod as storytellers. I'm not sure if it's worth picking back up.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I was a huge fan of LiS and Before the Storm. I was waiting for the whole package to be out before going into LiS 2.

But from the sound of it, I should maybe completely skip it? Seems like they screwed up the narrative and the ending?