• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
nyTjyvE.png

Welcome, everyone! To the official ResetEra Life is Strange community thread.

Life is Strange is an episodic video game franchise, created by Dontnod Entertainment and Deck Nine Games, published by Square Enix. There are currently two games in the series, Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Both are guaranteed to make you cry, so if you're gonna play them, make sure you're hella stocked on tissues.

Both games in the franchise are heavily story-driven, and therefore, please be respectful by appropriately marking spoilers!

IzzdV45.png

The first game in the series, Life is Strange, tells the story of Maxine "Max" Caufield, a senior at Blackwell Academy in Arcadia Bay, Oregon. She's totally into photography and shit, and is super nerdy and quiet. One day, she discovers that she has the ability to rewind time. Enter her long-lost best friend and resident problem child, Chloe Price. The two embark on a journey to uncover some dark truths and save the town from certain destruction by using Max's newfound powers.

• Platorms: iOS, Android, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, XBox One, PC / Steam
  • Retail price: $19.99 for all episodes
  • Release date: January - October 2015 (Five episodes)
  • ESRB: M
qI3CWSs.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a prequel to the first game and stars Chloe Price as the main protagonist. Set three years before the events of Life is Strange, it follows Chloe as she comes to terms with her anger and sadness. She meets Rachel Amber and the two become inseparable. Together, Chloe and Rachel learn more about themselves and the horrible lies that surround them and the world in which they live.

• Platforms: PS4, XBox One, PC / Steam
  • Retail price: $16.99 for all episodes
  • Release date: August - December 2017 (Three episodes)
  • ESRB: M
Z0HQF94.png

From left to right:​

TFTEzfy.png

• Victoria Chase (Dani Knights): Blackwell Academy student and resident drama queen. Member of the Vortex Club and Max's rival. Featured in Life is Strange and Before the Storm. Enjoys being a bitch, hitting on Mr. Jefferson, photography, and not dealing with her issues of crippling insecurity.
  • Nathan Prescott (Nik Shriner): Son of the prestigious and extremely wealthy Prescott family. They basically own Arcadia Bay and everything in it. Featured in Life is Strange and Before the Storm. Enjoys photography, guns, screaming in bathrooms, losing his shit, and being rich as heck.
  • Rachel Amber (Kylie Brown): Chloe's best friend / girlfriend / whatever you decide. Basically they go together like peanut butter and jelly. Featured in Life is Strange and Before the Storm. Enjoys burning things, yelling at her dad, Chloe, being good at everything, Chloe, acting, and Chloe.
  • Chloe Price (Ashly Burch in LiS, Rhianna DeVries in BtS): Main protagonist of Before the Storm and Arcadia Bay's angriest person. Featured in Life is Strange and Before the Storm. Lost her dad in a tragic car accident when she was a teenager and hasn't quite been able to cope, but she tries her best. Best friends with Rachel and Max. Enjoys tattoos, recreational drugs, breaking every rule known to man, telling people to fuck off, and saying "hella" a lot.
  • Maxine "Max" Caufield (Hannah Telle): Main protagonist of Life is Strange. Goes to the bathroom one day and discovers she can rewind time...lowkey freaks out about it. Featured in Life is Strange and Before the Storm. She is precious and shy but would definitely kill a man. Enjoys photography, not watering her plant, being awkward, spilling beans on drug dealers, and emojis.
  • Kate Marsh (Dayeanne Hutton): Max's friend, really religious. Has a rabbit. Definitely needs a hug. Featured in Life is Strange. Enjoys drawing, being nice to everyone even if they don't deserve it, her Bible, and being easily one of the most universally liked characters in the entire franchise.
  • Warren Graham (Carlos Luna): Blackwell's biggest science nerd. Has a huge crush on Max but she's lowkey pretty gay so he struggles to get her to notice him. Very awkward, but pretty cool sometimes. Featured in Life is Strange. Enjoys helping Max create bombs, science, GOING APE, and getting beaten up in parking lots.
There are more characters, but these are the most important ones! (Kinda).

29RxuOV.png
Life is Strange OST can be found:
Before the Storm OST is composed by Daughter and can be found:

ciwEjz1.png

I'm new to Life is Strange! What do I need to know?
  • Well, not much, to be honest. Both games are heavily influenced by player choice, and boy let me tell you, you'll be making a bunch of tough calls. Your story is shaped what you decide to do, and the characters will react accordingly. Prepare to cry. Also, no emoji. There is only one ending as far as the majority of the fanbase is concerned, so choose accordingly.
I don't know if I'll like it. Can I try it out somewhere?
  • Yes! The first episode is available for free on all platforms.
Should I play them in release order or timeline order?
  • Play them in release order. Although it is a prequel, Before the Storm is most definitely meant to be played after the original. It's not a problem if you choose to do otherwise, but you're going to have a better overall experience in release order.
Uh....Chloe sounds different in Before the Storm.
  • Don't panic, they had to get a new voice actress for her since Ashly Burch was unavailable due to the SAG-AFTRA strike. She will be back for the "Farewell" episode.
Why is Chloe so fucking perfect?
  • I'm not totally sure, but I would definitely sell my left kidney to keep her safe. PROTECT HER AT ALL COSTS.

8Y2XWGS.png
Come hang out with us in the Before the Storm OT!
Bonus gif:

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Awwww Hella yeah! Great OT Pirate Bae
zmGmBxa.gif

Kind of embarrassed that my Arcadia Baes suggestion was used, I really didn't think everyone would like it that much, it was the first thing I thought of haha.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Gunna quote you in here Strafer since we should probably keep the BtS OT for BtS discussions now.
The thing with LiS is that it's a little too real, I feel I can relate to Warren the most, I was like that in school, although not as creepy, also a bit of Max.
I think I relate most to Chloe, but I can relate to Max too. I was kind of a delinquent in high school, I skipped a lot of class, did a lot of drinking/drugs/partying, dropped out my senior year, had my parents be disappointed in me, had good friends move away and lose all contact with them. My life's in order now, but yeah I was a major fuck-up as a teen. I relate to Max too though because I can be really shy around new people, I have plenty of friends but it's hard for me to make new ones.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
In high school and college I was totally a Max and then I slowly transcended into Chloe-hood

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Heads up, some of your text isn't readable in LightERA

Also Warren's description should also have whoopin' ass in it because WHEW

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Nah it's the collection of bullet points after the FAQ

Also Bay ending is the true ending

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know how to do fancy gif stuff like that. I was able to make the background of this avatar transparent, that's about the extent of my Photoshop skills, and I'm not even the best at doing that.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Community thread hug! <3 Thank you very much for making it, Pirate Bae. Great job!

urRP8Ju.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Overdoziz

I looked up how to turn a video into a gif in Photoshop, seems to have worked, though it is like 13MB so it's kind of a huge fucking gif lol I don't know how to optimize it much without making it really small or making it look like shit.

Actually, this smaller version doesn't look too bad and it's half the size of the original, so I'll just leave this here instead.

MiOhvNc.gif

Last edited:

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I usually just have them as mp4 files which imgur turns into gifvs. Only have issues with this specific one, though.
Thanks, Fantomas :D

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
That may be why. If you save it as a gif it should work every time.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Woah this thread is up earlier than I was anticipating. I guess I'll leave my meandering off-topic LiS thoughts here rather than the other thread?

Great work on the OP, Bae.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, Bongo and Pompidou totally would have been friends!

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
The fact that she named her cat Bongo...what a fucking nerd ugh I love her so much

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, for those who like LiS gifs like me, here are the other ones from Before the Storm that I have saved in my folder that haven't been posted already. I'll put them in a spoiler tag to keep this post from being ridiculously large, and for people that haven't played BtS yet.

GhvV2EB.gif

1AMHBvP.gif

BNz3Qs8.gif

ZKrG0nv.gif
Also, this one was posted in the thread about Hannah and Ashly coming back for the bonus episode, and I love it so much haha.

2xPAVKn.gif

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Oh yeah, for those who like LiS gifs like me, here are the other ones from Before the Storm that I have saved in my folder that haven't been posted already. I'll put them in a spoiler tag to keep this post from being ridiculously large, and for people that haven't played BtS yet.

I would love a GIF Chloe saying 'Fuck it' and
jumping out of the train.

I have the means to make this myself actually. I might do it tonight.