• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You know, it's weird that the one player who flipped sides and refused to vote me come EoD after I used the rewind power is dead today.

Is it possible that nin was vig killed and malus was the scum kill? Or is the first kill posted always the scum kill?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
*truffleshuffle*

On multi kill nights, the order the deaths are posted doesn't usually mean anything.
I only think it's relevant because if scum killed malus, and I'm right about melon, it'll be easier to convince people to vote for me when both melon and kits are arguing to vote me with only myself defending myself. if malus was still alive, he'd be arguing against them too and it'd be more difficult to sway town towards me.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To this vote(which you are using trying to pressure me into saying why think mao is justified in what he has done today) I respond to you with this:

I thought you just responded with a dismissive *truffleshuffle*. Which one do I pick from? Is this a choose your own adventure game?

Trying to get you to explain your conclusions isn't "dumb town". That's literally how you play mafia. Are you getting mad at me because I'm... Asking questions? Engaging with other players? What do you find so upsetting?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure "stop asking questions" "stop getting mad at me for not answering your questions" is very anti-town play though

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I only think it's relevant because if scum killed malus, and I'm right about melon, it'll be easier to convince people to vote for me when both melon and kits are arguing to vote me with only myself defending myself. if malus was still alive, he'd be arguing against them too and it'd be more difficult to sway town towards me.

I thought you just responded with a dismissive *truffleshuffle*. Which one do I pick from? Is this a choose your own adventure game?

Trying to get you to explain your conclusions isn't "dumb town". That's literally how you play mafia. Are you getting mad at me because I'm... Asking questions? Engaging with other players? What do you find so upsetting?
Where do you see anger?

Wait.......were you angry when you posted that dumb town thing!?!?! 😂😂😂😂

I responded with that(your quote) because you were acting so smart when you posted it, but can't see why today mao's actions make sense.

Also the truffle isn't dismissive 😂

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you see anger?

Wait.......were you angry when you posted that dumb town thing!?!?! 😂😂😂😂

I responded with that(your quote) because you were acting so smart when you posted it, but can't see why today mao's actions make sense.

Also the truffle isn't dismissive 😂
"I'm not being dismissive 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂"

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why did i even come back to mafia if y'all mock me for taking very simple and basic steps to engage in the game

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
why did i even come back to mafia if y'all mock me for taking very simple and basic steps to engage in the game
Idk what to tell you if you are getting offended by the truffle. I've been doing that for like.......a long time.

I've told you it's not dismissive(I wasn't joking), if you don't believe me that's on you.
Just like when I stated I do the shrug, it's not me being dismissive.

Also, you just called me a dumb townie.

*shrug*

rac

Oct 25, 2017
i think everyone just needs a breather

not everyone has checked in and we are going in circles here

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You're right. I'll back off. Trying to drag two people into playing a game when they seem to not care less probably isn't wise.
Excuse me, I've posted multiple times now why I would lunch melon.

You're the one not engaging with anything unless it relates to me. I've been extremely involved in this game, look how many posts I have across all phases. Just because I'm not agreeing with you on why town should vote for me is not indicative of me not caring about the game. Sheesh.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
First things first, I lied about my ability having no restriction.

If only someone had brought up the possibility that maybe maybe Maol was lying to us about his power. Oh... wait.

I lied to try to draw the NK to myself since I'm essentially vanilla town now and didn't want scum offing another PR.

Admitting this helps town how at this stage? Again sus.

also don't think a scum Kits would have night killed nin since she was wary of him before switching her focus to me.

Wouldn't she be more likely to NK him in this scenario? I don't understand what you mean here.

especially to keep melon from being killed.

Now you are really overstating things. Situation wasn't that dire for me.

Nothing you've said adds up. And wasting a power like that to bait scum is a laughable plan.

Vote: Maolfunction

We can Thunderdome.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Kits, take a moment to regroup. No game is worth it <3.

Excuse me, I've posted multiple times now why I would lunch melon.

You're the one not engaging with anything unless it relates to me. I've been extremely involved in this game, look how many posts I have across all phases. Just because I'm not agreeing with you on why town should vote for me is not indicative of me not caring about the game. Sheesh.

"Multiple" posts. Okay.

Involved doesn't mean you've had town's best interests in mind. And I hardly count the number of posts as much of anything. Most have been dedicated to stepping up things with no follow through.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

melonrabbit (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #1,025

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,051

Maolfunction (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,002 #1,051
melonrabbit - #1,073

Fireblend (1 votes)
rac - #961

Not voting: Aeleus, Fireblend, Swamped, EzekelRAGE, Funky Dude Sparks, Stantastic

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 37 Kitsunelaine: 32 Maolfunction: 15 rac: 12 Fireblend: 10 Aeleus: 6 melonrabbit: 2

Current Countdown:
j8i4qmdwmo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh also, anyone want some drugs?

Malus gave me some ladt night, which was pretty exciting until i saw how thry dont do anything.

The hell kinda drug dealer sells dud drugs.

A Townie one i guess but still. Dissapointing.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Actually regardless of the answer to thst question (the maol one, not the drugs one) i think im cautiously okay with Maols description of his actions.

The rewind seems like a very shakey power to use offensively as town, to try to use it to save town before eod isnt exactly dependable since it would require Maol to be cartain about who he is saving, and even then its still a mixed bag on who actually gets lynched. Especially if the eod restriction is true, but if he has only just revealed this now that tidbit will makes things more suspect.
Given that issue, trying to bait out a NK makes some sense, it is a power that could give scum some pause and there isnt a great wealth of prime targets right now, like who the hell expected nin or malys to be killed tonight?
Coming clean today also makes sense as tge lilelyhood of being asked to prove the powers limitlessness would likely mount, only making himself seem more suspect, outweighing the worth of trying to bait a NK that scum have already shown a lack of interest in.

Now i think this all makes sense, but it also certainly isnt imposdible that this is scum Maol just trying to use this role in a way that he hopes will appear like a townie way to use it, as pretty much all of what i said about the rewind being difficult to use offensivly applys to it in scums hands as well.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
In other news may i say that im proud of myself that i finally restrained myself from scum reading both nin and dubs for the usual wierdness in thier play and was in fact right to do so.

To bad it took making those mistakes many, many times.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh another thing.
While im finding myself quite convinced by most of the push againsy FB, was there some preamble on this subject yesterday that i just missed?

It feels like things have gone from 0 to 100 like instantly with the start of this day phase and its kinda throwing me off.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
And since not much else is happening right now i might as well go through the motions.
If only someone had brought up the possibility that maybe maybe Maol was lying to us about his power. Oh... wait.
Literally noone took his claim at face value, like im his buggest proponent right now and even i figured he was likely lying.
Wierd of you to try act like this is some victory for you specifically.
Admitting this helps town how at this stage? Again sus.
It removes the very likely possibility that he is expected to use his power again and cant leading to his myslynch. Its pretty simple.
Now you are really overstating things. Situation wasn't that dire for me.
Wernt you like 1 vote away from being the lynch yesterday?
Like i wasnt there or day end but things looked like they could easily go to you during my catching up.
Multiple" posts. Okay.
This is demonstrably true, i dont see how you can reasonably try to paint this as a lie.

Involved doesn't mean you've had town's best interests in mind. And I hardly count the number of posts as much of anything. Most have been dedicated to stepping up things with no follow through
And again, this is just rediculous, maol has very obviously been one of the most involved players in this game and has followed up damn near everything he has started constantly, i know because plenty of it was upon my own questioning.

One or two if these i might have been able to understand but all of this in succession just reeks of disingenuous bullshit.

Yeah im definitely still down for lynching melon.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
You really want me to participate, Stan?

Literally noone took his claim at face value, like im his buggest proponent right now and even i figured he was likely lying.
Wierd of you to try act like this is some victory for you specifically.

Uh, Fire literally did.

Flavor aside, I don't think this is the time to question mao's claim, as much as I disagree with him. Out of all claims so far, isn't he the only one who has been able to demonstrate he can do what says he can do?

And I had people left and right telling me that a Max claim equaled town ... because reasons.

So yes, it does specifically relate to me. Half of the reason malus voted for me was because I dared to doubt the claim. And I still do because it keeps making less and less sense.

It removes the very likely possibility that he is expected to use his power again and cant leading to his myslynch. Its pretty simple.

It's all too convenient. And not something he should've, as a town player, given up to scum for free. He did all of that just throw away a power and hope scum NK him? Really? That was the plan?

This is demonstrably true, i dont see how you can reasonably try to paint this as a lie.

Who said lie? That's not a word I used. It's subjective. I'm not going to count the same weak argument repeated about a perfect scum play and annoyance that I question him as a wealth of material on my guilt.

Speaking of, you Stanley, haven't really given a strong reason to vote for me. You pretty much just latched yourself on what was hot at the moment and went to bed.

You broke it down as those my disinterest and lack of enthusiasm were enough for a (weak) vote. But that's not scum hunting. You still aren't now. You're down to vote for me (again) because I doubt with the sincerity of my number #1 scum and I question his motives.

One or two if these i might have been able to understand but all of this in succession just reeks of disingenuous bullshit.

Mmmhmm.

And again, this is just rediculous, maol has very obviously been one of the most involved players in this game and has followed up damn near everything he has started constantly, i know because plenty of it was upon my own questioning.

No.

His involved has been shallow at best and if you actually engage with him it's either deflection or circular talking. He has promised to be involved, he has promised to explain things but has consistently push back against or distanced himself from the subject at hand. He doesn't follow up tunneling you, doesn't provide reactions or anything to his first gambit despite prodding. Is disinterested in the bomb talk and doesn't feel his own possible lynch is worth discussing. Has Kits as one his strongest town but can't back up why he believes it. Stringing along this clain business. Has completely ignored my posts despite being here. And I could go on ...

Maol is doing whatever suits him to survive but the second its inconvenient or isn't part of his master plan he hasn't the time or interest for it. I'm not exactly sure where you're getting this team spirit from him because he's certainly not on my (town) team but maybe he's on yours.

This whole sudden defense is far too dramatic even for your (normal) hyperbolic rants.

But whatever. It's all bullshit, right?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
His involved has been shallow at best and if you actually engage with him it's either deflection or circular talking. He has promised to be involved, he has promised to explain things but has consistently push back against or distanced himself from the subject at hand. He doesn't follow up tunneling you, doesn't provide reactions or anything to his first gambit despite prodding. Is disinterested in the bomb talk and doesn't feel his own possible lynch is worth discussing. Has Kits as one his strongest town but can't back up why he believes it. Stringing along this clain business. Has completely ignored my posts despite being here. And I could go on ...

Maol is doing whatever suits him to survive but the second its inconvenient or isn't part of his master plan he hasn't the time or interest for it. I'm not exactly sure where you're getting this team spirit from him because he's certainly not on my (town) team but maybe he's on yours.
But I wasn't. When B-Dubs brought it up as a possibility, I engaged with him on the subject and thought the idea was credible.

That sounds credible. I think the best way to combat a bomb is to ask everyone to be the last vote on their own wagons. Town players should be up for that so no one else has to gamble.

Anyone against that idea should probably be side eyed.

Nobody responded to that idea, so I didn't press it. I've responded to every issue that has been brought up in this game, I've made statements on the miller claim, rac's claim, and kits claim. Some of those statements may have been we table the discussion for now, because at this point in the game its very difficult what to do with rac's role or kits claim of there being a snitch. If town took the time to talk about all of those things, it leaves us less time to discuss who town should actually lunch that day which benefits mafia.

All of my focus during day phases has been on viable lunch targets. Whether it was Stan or you, my whole purpose in conversations has been to find someone to lunch and stick with it. Any other conversation, whether it be my motives for doing things, or how to deal with rac's claim isn't gonna help town find a lunch target today, so that's why I push to drop them or make statements that they're not worth the time to investigate because my priority is on the higher priorities.

When those things become more pressing, then I'd say we can talk about them in more detail. We're not at that point yet because frankly you're still alive trying to spread some shady ideas about what's best for town.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
just this whole mao thing is getting annoying to me
all noise at this point

the idea that scum couldn't pass up not voting there i guess is plausible but it doesn't mean anything when im not convinced about mao at all

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
You really want me to participate, Stan?
Yes. This is actually exactly wanted.
And it looks like its actually happening.
Its a christmas miracle.
Uh, Fire literally did.

And I had people left and right telling me that a Max claim equaled town ... because reasons.

So yes, it does specifically relate to me. Half of the reason malus voted for me was because I dared to doubt the claim. And I still do because it keeps making less and less sense.
Alright everyone but FB, tho he gas plenty of problems of his own.
But that malus part is interesting tho, ill look back for it when i get home, im blacking on it now but that put your response in a very differant light.
It's all too convenient. And not something he should've, as a town player, given up to scum for free. He did all of that just throw away a power and hope scum NK him? Really? That was the plan?
Yes?
I dont see how its that terrible a strategy, its no slam dunk but his ability is hardly one that can be used for any certain gains, so whats hes attempted here sounds reasonable.
I genuine fail to see how its so improbable.
Who said lie? That's not a word I used. It's subjective. I'm not going to count the same weak argument repeated about a perfect scum play and annoyance that I question him as a wealth of material on my guilt.
Okay see this fits better. Maybe next time actually say these things rather than just dropping coy implications, it comes off far less underhanded.
Speaking of, you Stanley, haven't really given a strong reason to vote for me. You pretty much just latched yourself on what was hot at the moment and went to bed.

You broke it down as those my disinterest and lack of enthusiasm were enough for a (weak) vote. But that's not scum hunting. You still aren't now. You're down to vote for me (again) because I doubt with the sincerity of my number #1 scum and I question his motives.
Well yeah, you say the first part like its some gotcha but i think i made it clear enough at the time. Having come to tonwiery conclusions on the other scummuer targets i had to look elsewhere and you were a pretty obvious choice.
I tried to scum hunt you and you had far to little material to actually hunt on, and zero of it gave me any reason to town read you. Yeah it wasnt a vote made with any certainty at your scummyness, but more to pressure you in that hopes that you woulf actually give us something worth reading into, And if you were lynched from it i really wouldnt have minded.
As for now? Im going through your arguments, finding a lot i disagree with, reasoning that they are likely being made for scummy purposes, and calling you on it to argue it. Same as iv been doing a lot of this game.
I dont know what scum hunting is to you but this is it for me, its what im doing literally right now.
No.

This whole sudden defense is far too dramatic even for your (normal) hyperbolic rants.
I really dont think this is very dramatic for me, its hardly even a 3/10. Also its not so much a defense of maol as it is an attack on you.
As for the actual point, maybe it us just subjective but that not my reading of him, he doesnt engage a lot with theories he disagrees with but he has argued plenty on his own ideas and stances.
Its come off to me more as a differing playstyle than some calculated catch and release.

Like you say there "if you actually engage with him" but iv done that plenty and its really feels to me like he just genuinely has no patience for the udea he considers wrong.
Now i definitely think its a pretty poor way to play, but not that it comes grom scummy intent.

But whatever. It's all bullshit, right?
Its sure smelt that way, it really just felt like more sniping from the sidelines as i calked it yesterday. But now that your actually here playing, well it helps.