• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
CZpCCBc.png

Fioriture.png

April 26th, 2018
PC, Mac, Switch
(PS4 and Xbox One TBD)
$15
Bishop Games
Fioriture.png

Description:

Explore the Forgotten World of Numbra to uncover your mysterious past and save the land from an imminent threat. In this land of eternal night, you will rely on your Shadow Core to brave the many challenges and foes standing in your way. Do you have what it takes to survive in perilous Numbra?

9CNxBPA.png

Features:
  • The Ultimate Freedom: Control the Shadow Core and use it the way you see fit to face the challenges of the game. You can spawn this magical box beneath your feet to propel yourself into the air and move across the land at your own pace. With the Shadow Core, you become the master of your surroundings and create your own path.
  • An Immersive Journey: Load up Light Fall and immerse yourself in this strange universe where darkness prevails over the light. Joining you in this adventure, Stryx the old and grumpy owl, will act as your sidekick and in-game narrator. Depending on his mood, he will either offer useful advice or bluntly mock your failures.
  • A Vast World to Explore: With the Shadow Core in hand, reach new heights and explore every nook and cranny of Numbra. Wander through the Lunar Plain, the Marshlands of Sorrows, the Vipera's Forest and the Unknown Depths, where shortcuts, alternative paths, hidden collectibles and easter eggs await you in large numbers.
  • Speedrun Competition: Quench your thirst for competition in the complementary Speedrun Game Mode. Revisit the world of Numbra to compete with players worldwide and compare your fastest times with theirs on the online leaderboard.
a9uxafa.png

More About The Shadow Core:

The Shadow Core offers many possibilities to the players:
  • It's a mobile platform that you control at will
  • It can act as a shield to block incoming damage
  • It can disarm traps, solve puzzles and unlock doors
  • It can be a counterweight in leverage situations
  • It can become a self-made wall to side jump
  • Or move it around aimlessly and contemplate life
The concept behind the Shadow Core is simple: to give players a tool to be used how they see fit. Whether you're exploring, speedrunning or just having fun, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to use it. Whereas most platformers are built around inflexible mechanics, the versatility of the Shadow Core allows you to dictate the play-style.

ToZuI6R.png

Links:

Purchase at: Steam | Switch
More Info at: Official Site | Kickstarter | Twitter |Youtube

Early Demo Build

Screenshots:

eAVzkP5.jpg
Q9tHDJE.jpg

hPzntu4.png

k03eZqu.jpg
u8XfXCB.jpg

5TUUinb.png

cZeK62h.png
FZSCAJi.jpg

Bfj2RqU.png

BvenbbF.png
gUGtISh.png

Reviews:

Metacritic: PC | Switch
OpenCritic

8.5/10 - Light Fall is a simple platformer designed great for speed runners but with enough lore for any casual player to enjoy. - CGMagazine

8.0/10 - Light Fall takes stunning, yet simple, artistic environments and showers them with relentless obstacles, devious traps, and your tears of frustration. The act of mustering through the stages proves to be a rewarding experience every single time. Undoubtedly, Light Fall is an adventure well worth delving into. - TechRaptor

7.5/10 - It's just all over rather quickly. I like Light Fall a whole lot and I could have stood for some more of it, maybe with some less spaced-out checkpoints and a less disappointing finale. As it stands, it's good game that ends a little too soon. - NintendoWorldReport

6.5/10 - Light Fall has some fantastic ideas and a great mixture of satisfying platforming and level design, but the fun comes to an abrupt end in the final world. So much so, it sours the whole experience. - God is a Geek

UZK9AI6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wozman23

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
I won't be playing this one at launch since it did a mysterious switch-a-roo (no pun intended) on the consoles supported on launch day.

I claimed the OT back when it was supposedly coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One in March, and planned on grabbing it on PS4, but right now I'm consumed with God of War.

So I'm just fulfilling my obligation of the OT claim for now and won't be able to weigh in with my opinions.

But I'm curious to see what others think of it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Curious to see what people think

Seems like it will be fun, on the verge of buying this and Celeste

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Aight, embargo is off, I can talk about my first impressions. Liked the game a lot, but it seems to be very short. As the devs say, it's about 4 hours for the first playthrough, then it's all about collectibles and speedrunning. So, if you're that kind of gamer who seeks infinite value in games, probably not for you. Celeste has much more in it.

But hey, it's pretty, it's cheap, it's reasonably challenging, it's got an interesting gimmick (like, really interesting, I didn't see anything like it in other games, but I'm no platformer expert) and, personally, I like games I can actually finish in under 10 hours haha. Unity is still a shit engine and the game suffers a bit in terms of responsiveness: while the fps counter almost always said "400+", the game itself didn't feel as smooth as genre staples like Super Meat Boy etc.

Here's my video about it, it's in russian though.

Last edited:

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
I'm interested to hear more impressions. I'm definitely considering getting this but still not all the way there yet.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I had this on my wishlist so i'll probably get it when it releases on PS4, depending on reviews and user impressions. Looks neat and fun.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i didn't know it was out! just saw it on switch. i've got a new gym game after golf story is over.