Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

For additional context, it launched at 10 AM ET and soared past Gaiden after 20 min with 13K CCU. Which is pretty crazy.

Game:Steam Peak CCU:
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth30,741
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name13,737
Yakuza: Like a Dragon9535
Yakuza 08985
Like a Dragon: Ishin!8461
Judgment5606
Yakuza Kiwami3473
Yakuza 2 Kiwami3229
Yakuza 3 Remastered2740
Lost Judgment2269
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life1635
Binary Domain1077
Yakuza 4 Remastered913
Yakuza 5 Remastered852

Just merely two months after Gaiden and 11 months after Ishin. Its also $70, been in Steam top 100 global top sellers for 3 weeks and currently #4 on Steam global top sellers under Palworld, Tekken 8 and Enshrouded as of now.

Congrats to RGG, they have released yet another banger. Excited to start playing tonight.

But wait, some people told me Yakuza has too many games and people are tired of the series. And infinite wealth would do bad. Hmm 🤔

Sorry had to throw that in lmao

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
yakuza-kasuga.gif

Keep it going, Ichi! My PS5 copy is here tomorrow.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy for RGG. I can't say I've ever truly "loved" any of the Like A Dragon games so far (let alone beat the three that I've played) but the long-haul passion for their franchise is starting to feel palpable and it seems like they've finally gotten the recognition they deserve. LAD7 was on my bucket list but I never got around to it; I think I'll probably make up for that with LAD8 some time this year.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I purchased this morning but had to go to work before it unlocked. Can't wait to dive in!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. It's kinda unbelievable that the series has been just under 10k so far, especially the most recent and popular ones (Y0, Y7 and Gaiden) but I'm super happy it gets this much success. I still need to go back to Gaiden.

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
You guys remember Yakuza 5 not coming over after the shitshow that is dead soul?

It's been wild to see the franchise truly take off after Yakuza 0

Harmen

Aug 30, 2023
As someone who lived though years of Western release insecurity since I became fan during the PS2 release of 2, the success of this franchise since 0 is one of the things that went well in this timeline.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Waiting for a couple of inventory sales to go through then I'm buying as well. Can't wait!

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm doing my part. And I feel like this could be a lot higher with better regional pricing -- I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, but this game is launching at a much higher price than Yakuza 7 in Brazil, and I imagine the same is true in other Latin America countries.

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
I'm going to be doing my part when I get home from work.

I hope nobody bought the predatory deluxe/ultimate editions that lock a basic feature most RPGs offer for free tho.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
www.dsogaming.com

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth appears to be well optimized on PC, doesn't have stutters, runs with over 90fps at Native 4K/Max on NVIDIA RTX4090

We've decided to quickly test the game on our NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, and share our initial PC performance impressions.

PC impressions are looking good! Please don't drop dragon engine for UE lol
I'm getting locked 4K/60 with everything maxed out and DLSS Quality on a 3080/5800X3D. The game also seems to pre-compile shaders. No complaints so far!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Wait wait wait. This is available now on PC but not on PS5? 😭

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I just want the series to continue to do well, and this is certainly a nice start. Plus it really does highlight that the series really benefits tons by being on PC as well.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
www.dsogaming.com

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth appears to be well optimized on PC, doesn't have stutters, runs with over 90fps at Native 4K/Max on NVIDIA RTX4090

We've decided to quickly test the game on our NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, and share our initial PC performance impressions.

PC impressions are looking good! Please don't drop dragon engine for UE lol
Well, to be fair Ishin ran perfectly well in an old version of UE4.
Ishin did have some teething issues, like poor ultrawide support and such.

TBH, I don't see LaD moving entirely to Unreal Engine purely because of licensing costs. This series has a tight budget and not needing to give a portion of their revenue to Unity or Epic probably saves them a pretty penny.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I just want the series to continue to do well, and this is certainly a nice start. Plus it really does highlight that the series really benefits tons by being on PC as well.
Honestly this the true of any platform, consistently releasing good games on a platform will grow an audience on it (as long as you can afford to also market those games as well).

May 25, 2019
London
They have done a wonderful job of growing the audience for this franchise through PC releases and support, having the back catalog on Game Pass, and smartly managing the IP. Square could learn a thing or two