• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I admittedly don't care if he stays or goes, but he's been getting disrespected/shoved to the side after the initial announcement.

1. Started as definite co-headliner (VIP tickets only available for wayne on ticketmaster).
2. Tickets dont sell, blink switches and says "its 20th anniversay tour now, please buy" and Wayne's name gets smaller on new poster.
3. Blink adds more shows, Wayne now a"special guest" with the other opening act on bottom of poster that is straight Enema 20th Anniversary tour now.

Blink also set up their own VIP thing after the fact, if they are getting more than Wayne, don't know how he feels about that.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't keep up with the rap scene anymore, what happened to Wayne? I remember he seemed like the biggest thing in hip hop when I was in high school about a decade ago. Like Drake is now kind of level.

Did his quality fall off a cliff or is his style just not in anymore?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who doesn't keep up with the rap scene anymore, what happened to Wayne? I remember he seemed like the biggest thing in hip hop when I was in high school about a decade ago. Like Drake is now kind of level.

He had label issues that prevented him from releasing a new album for like 5 years. He finally got out of his contract and put out Tha Carter V last year. It's pretty good.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I admittedly don't care if he stays or goes, but he's been getting disrespected/shoved to the side after the initial announcement.

1. Started as definite co-headliner (VIP tickets only available for wayne on ticketmaster).
2. Tickets dont sell, blink switches and says "its 20th anniversay tour now, please buy" and Wayne's name gets smaller on new poster.
3. Blink adds more shows, Wayne now a"special guest" with the other opening act on bottom of poster that is straight Enema 20th Anniversary tour now.

Blink also set up their own VIP thing after the fact, if they are getting more than Wayne, don't know how he feels about that.
Sounds like he wasn't selling tickets so they had to pivot their strategy. If he felt pushed aside he should have just dropped out earlier.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao my guy

I figure the crowd wasn't there for him and he just noped out.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck tho, where the love go
They put you on front row, it's a shit show

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there was a big storm and a lot of the crowd was late. He's not the headliner so I'm not sure what he expected, lots of people will be late and miss the support.

Exactly. This happens at most shows. And at festivals where a main stage has a huge headliner and other acts are playing during the day, the crazy stans for headliners will camp out in front and just stand there when other acts are out. I experienced that at Lolla when Crystal Castles had a set and Red Hot Chili Peppers were the headliner later that night. Now I like the Chili Peppers but their audience are old white guys and girls, who did not get into Crystal Castles at all. Lol I was one of the few people trying to dance around and get into it. Bless Alice for going hard and ignoring the audience participation. It's the job.

Lil Wayne sucks.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
All these people saying what a werid fit...
I'm not a huge Wayne fan post c3 and never was a fan of some of the terrible punchlines, but Wayne was always into the skater culture like a lot of blink fans would be. He made a rock album. He has the trukfit skater line

Travis collabs with hip hop artists regularly. The pairing doesn't seem weird at all .

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of that Marilyn Manson/Slayer tour.

Yes, both are Metal, but very different branches of it, and the animosity from fans of one group to the other was palpable. Even Tom Araya felt it, saying ''We know you're two of a kind.'' during the show. :lol

You had Slayer which was extremely energetic on stage as an entry. And then you had Manson who was lying on the stage, almost dead, singing Dope Show, me and my friends left at this part because it was just fucking bad.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

A lil of column a, a lil of column b.

My personal theory is Wayne was surrounded by too many yes men, and that's how we wound up with shit like prom queen.

But c5 shows he still has it, and can put out a modern-sounding album.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what he's saying here. There weren't enough people? The crowd was really white? The crowd was not feeling him? He just had a realization and wondered why the fuck is he opening for Blink 182?

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty unprofessional, but it's whatever. He wasn't feeling it and he's rich, he can do whatever he wants.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Realy unprofessional, he made a contract and broke it. It will not hurt (maybe it will) him but it´s just a bad signal.

Last edited:

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the biggest turn of events since Hunter was opening for Conner4real.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
All these people saying what a werid fit...
I'm not a huge Wayne fan post c3 and never was a fan of some of the terrible punchlines, but Wayne was always into the skater culture like a lot of blink fans would be. He made a rock album. He has the trukfit skater line

Travis collabs with hip hop artists regularly. The pairing doesn't seem weird at all .

The average blink fan going to an Enema Of The State anniversary tour either doesn't know or care about any of that.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017

He said that same joke on the 9th when I went. Really don't think that was directed at him. Mark said that line after they finished playing Enema of the State.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
How do you sell nearly half a million albums in one week and then a few months later you are relegated to opening for a washed up 90s pop-punk band and drop off the tour because no one is coming for you? Such a weird series of events.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Black Life Matter, what dat mean? Racism is over, I have white people at my shows. Look at the cameraman, he white he filming me!" - Lil Wayne's philosophy of US race relations.

I hope Wayne gets sued for backing out of this tour, fuck him.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
How do you sell nearly half a million albums in one week and then a few months later you are relegated to opening for a washed up 90s pop-punk band and drop off the tour because no one is coming for you? Such a weird series of events.

Their last album 3 years ago debuted at #1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of their new stuff, but they're far from washed up.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Those sales came from the 5( or longer) year wait from what was one of the biggest faces of rap at the start of the decade.

Oct 25, 2017
Lil Wayne has been making music for white suburban kids for so long, this isn't why, lmao

That's all he's done for ages

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao. Don't know what he was thinking touring with Blink in the first place.

Tbh I thought there would be a lot of crossover between Blink and Lil Wayne fans tho

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
At least finish your set and then drop off at the next date. Don't act like a child and pout and run off the stage.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Those sales came from the 5( or longer) year wait from what was one of the biggest faces of rap at the start of the decade.

I don't see what that really matters? People were obviously still interested.

I wonder if it has to do with "record sales" including streams nowadays? People interested enough to check his new album out but they didn't actually buy it.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Def not a race thing, people were just obviously not feeling it. Its still shitty to back out of an entire tour because one town didnt get hype for your music though. Maybe it says more about what hes been making lately than it does about the fans he "doesnt perform in front of".

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next up, Lil Wayne is going to tour with a Lithuanian Polka group then quit half way through the first show.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Tech9 at a metal festival and the crowd loved it. One of the best shows I've seen.