• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Hey maybe I'll get a ticket now

No interest in Lil Wayne but would've loved Neck Deep and Blink.

This isn't a fucking race thing. People want Pop Punk and this was a dismal pairing.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Why was he on a Blink 182 tour to begin with?

1) he is bigger than they are

2) I don't imagine there is a lot of crossover

Wayne has sold more "records" which includes singles and collabs, but blink 182 has sold way more albums than Wayne.

Rap and punk rock has a history of cross over. As does metal.

lol Wayne plays to whites folks all the time. He did Vans Warped tour with no issue.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the heck. He's really fallen that down in popularity that he's opening for a washed up pop punk band. I know he likes skate cultural, but still. What happened to this guy?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I want to have the conversation in here that Blink 182 was always bad.

Box Car Racer was cool though.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of death grips dropping out of that NIN tour. Except they were dope and in their prime.

Kinda sad here.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I mean... yeah lol. What was he expecting. I'm betting some people were doing some racist stuff in the crowd that caught his attention.

Also more surprisingly... All Time Low is still around!?
Really? Oh yeah I forgot it was probably a predominantly white crowd so it had to be racist. That explains all of it. Sometimes I forget that you can't have a crowd of white people without a rounding rendition of Ride of the Valkyries breaking out

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have people not been to big rap shows at music festivals? Its 90% white. I doubt that was the big issue here

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to have the conversation in here that Blink 182 was always bad.

giphy.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This was always a terrible pairing, almost as bad as Fall Out Boy's co-headlining tour with Wiz Khalifa. Wayne would be insanely shitty for dropping out this way though, no excuse for that.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
What?

The last blink 182 album sold 186K first week.

The last lil Wayne album sold 480K first week.
Last Blink album is missing Tom. Probably better to compare the last album with the main three to Wayne's second to last album. His current album was surrounded by legal problems and sold better than it should have because of the hold up.

Both solid albums though

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Last Blink album is missing Tom. Probably better to compare the last album with the main three to Wayne's second to last album. His current album was surrounded by legal problems and sold better than it should have because of the hold up.

Both solid albums though
The last album with tom actually sold less than the one without him funny enough. Odd to me since I always preferred Tom. But neighborhoods had a weird roll out if i remember and wasnt really pushed.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I can see why. I grew up listening to Blink 182 and love the hell out of their albums. (Pre-Neighborhoods). I used to go to tons of their shows and a lot of fans were only there for Blink and were not interested in the opening acts at all (and these were other pop-punk bands). Weezy just has no crossover here.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
The only good band/rapper duo was that linkin park and Jay-Z collab; shit was fire, screw the haters!!! That numb/encore validated the whole track.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i thought the idea was that they were going to do a collaborative set where they mixed each other's music throughout the whole thing. either way it was probably not a good idea but i would definitely have liked to see it.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
What fucking world are we in with Box Car Racer getting praised and +44 getting shit on.
I'd rather listen to Angels & Airwaves than +44. +44 was pretty much modern Blink. aka I'm not a fan. Tom is a dumbass who I can't stand anymore but he was what made Blink enjoyable to me.

That said I don't think Box Car Racer is much better than +44.