• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Seems weird some people went for the crowd looks response considering Lil Wayne's 2010 era and how he's long-since played many shows featuring predominantly white crowds.

Had to have been the energy but even then, shitty way to handle it. If it's just a dead set at each show I get it but handle that off stage.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has any single person in history benefited more from a music studio environment than Tom delonge

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
You have 1 life, why waste it performing to people who aren't into it, I dunno personally I might have anticipated this reaction and not bothered in the first place

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Seems weird some people went for the crowd looks response considering Lil Wayne's 2010 era and how he's long-since played many shows featuring predominantly white crowds.
White folks listen to rap music too.

Pop-rock crowds, however, might not.

I agree that it really isn't that hard.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Really? Oh yeah I forgot it was probably a predominantly white crowd so it had to be racist. That explains all of it. Sometimes I forget that you can't have a crowd of white people without a rounding rendition of Ride of the Valkyries breaking out

OR

The sudden reaction he had most likely means he saw something he wasn't comfortable with, like I said. Not sure where that weirdly defensive post is coming from, but you might want to relax a bit.
What racist stuff might the crown have been doing? You think they were throwing up Heil Hitlers?
lol who knows, theres all kinds of meem shit people throw out these days that are pretty racist, intentionally or not. I doubt it was anything that obvious if it was why. Just gotta wait for Wayne to say what was up in general.

But like I said lol. "I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this" got a "well yeah" from me. What was he expecting a Blink 182 headlined event to look like. Its weird he was surprised by the demographic no matter which way you look at it imo.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
White folks listen to rap music too.

Pop-rock crowds, however, might not.

I agree that it really isn't that hard.
That's what I meant with Lil Wayne's 2010 era considering he was trying to factor in rock and playing to those crowds back then.

9 years later I guess it's not commanding the same energy, which is fair. Just do it off-stage.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OR

The sudden reaction he had most likely means he saw something he wasn't comfortable with, like I said. Not sure where that weirdly defensive post is coming from, but you might want to relax a bit.

lol who knows, theres all kinds of meem shit people throw out these days that are pretty racist, intentionally or not. I doubt it was anything that obvious if it was why. Just gotta wait for Wayne to say what was up in general.

But like I said lol. "I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this" got a "well yeah" from me. What was he expecting a Blink 182 headlined event to look like. Its weird he was surprised by the demographic no matter which way you look at it imo.

I think "a crowd that looks like this" was referring to the fact that the venue was half empty and people were slowly petering in. He's played on the Warped Tour before, he knows what a pop punk crowd looks like.

Absolutely no idea why you went straight to the crowd being racist.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
What the heck. He's really fallen that down in popularity that he's opening for a washed up pop punk band. I know he likes skate cultural, but still. What happened to this guy?

Nothing to be honest.

His last album came out in September and debuted at no.1. 480k first week album sales (180k pure album sales) puts him in the top 10 best selling rappers right now... Granted his last album had an insane amount of hype since it was several years in the making and was accompanied with an equally long legal battle with his boss.... But still, those are big numbers, especially the 180k pure album sales in 2018 (Drake did 160k with his last effort)!

As they say, hip hop is a young mans sport so even if he didn't hit those numbers it wouldn't be surprising if he did "fall off".

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
So, despite a lack of evidence, you call racism because Twitter has racist people on it?

Because all that video shows us is that Lil Wayne was expecting the crowd to be more into his performance, and they probably were not.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
OR

You took a mighty leap right to racism when nowhere was racism mentioned even in a day and age when even the scent of racism would be all over social media and even though it was nowhere to be found that was your very first thought. And you then want to deflect with "weirdly defensive?" Bravo.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Last Blink album is missing Tom. Probably better to compare the last album with the main three to Wayne's second to last album. His current album was surrounded by legal problems and sold better than it should have because of the hold up.

Both solid albums though

Wouldn't work either. His last album came out in 2011...... (and sold a milli)

Oct 27, 2017
7166426161_5e8ae666f9_c.jpg

That's a UK Venue.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Lil Wayne and Blink-182 is an incredibly odd combo, can't say I'm surprised. I don't think there's much overlap in fanbases.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Probably the crowds weren't there for him and it sucked. This tour has been a mess. From co headlining to an Enema of the State tour. I don't blame him.

Also, last Blink record got to number 1 in the US so calling them washed out makes no sense.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Wayne's played Warped, he's ised to the pop punk white crowd plus there'd be more overlap than people would think but maybe not enough to justify this tour.

The real issue is that Blink's fans are very much a "go for Blink, forget everyone else" type of rabid fanbase

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Blink last sunday in Toronto. We had Simple Plan as opening band, which in my opinion ended up being pretty fun.

Oct 30, 2017
this doesn't exactly surprise me, as someone who saw 50 cent literally get bottled off stage from his slot immediately before green day at reading 2004.

this was extremely optimistic booking.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Wayne's played Warped, he's ised to the pop punk white crowd plus there'd be more overlap than people would think but maybe not enough to justify this tour.

The real issue is that Blink's fans are very much a "go for Blink, forget everyone else" type of rabid fanbase
Yeah, when I was really into the genre like over a decade ago, a lot of fans liked rap music too. You'd have rappers at Warped and there were bands like Gym Class Heroes.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have a hard time believing Wayne hasn't done shows in front of massive crowds of rich white kids. He's done Seattle before.
I mean... yeah lol. What was he expecting. I'm betting some people were doing some racist stuff in the crowd that caught his attention.

Also more surprisingly... All Time Low is still around!?
I'm guessing this has more to do with people not digging his set than it being a white crowd. Most big rap concerts have a big white audience anyway.

What is the crossover between Blink 182 fans and Lil Wayne fans?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
people who think this is about a white crowd have probably never been to a rap concert. hint: they are almost always white af.
wayne has performed in front of largely white people all his life.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What even is the fanbase for Blink 182 in 2019?

I loved them, they were my favourite band, circa 2004 to 2005 (although not as good live as Less Than Jake).

Are you telling me there are people my age that never experienced anything new or moved on after their "hiatus" ?

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
I was at the show in Hershey PA. I feel bad that maybe he got some bad reception at another venue but I feel like almost the entire crowd was really into his set at mine, and a ton of fans there were wearing his gear.

That said the concert was in Hershey, and he straight up said he didn't know Hershey Park was a thing until his son told him right before he played the set, so maybe he just had different expectation at the crowd sizes.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What even is the fanbase for Blink 182 in 2019?

I loved them, they were my favourite band, circa 2004 to 2005 (although not as good live as Less Than Jake).

Are you telling me there are people my age that never experienced anything new or moved on after their "hiatus" ?

The fanbase is people that are now the age you were in 2004-2005. See Fall Out Boy for a similar phenomenon of old bands still getting the kids attention.