• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
He's really bad live, so congrats to those going to future tour dates instead of early ones I suppose. I actually enjoy a lot of older songs by him, but the way he handles live shows (doing a verse or sometimes just the chorus for most of the songs) can be frustrating. Especially when most of the songs he plays in full end up being from his most recent (and inferior) album. He performed a Chance the Rapper cover for longer than he performed any of his own songs that came out prior to Tha Carter III.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
pop-disaster-tour-d66bf969-a047-4fca-9dc4-2fe1507535d-resize-750.jpeg

Now this is the tour that should've been resurrected

I was at this tour in Raleigh

Jimmy Eat World wasn't that good

Green Day was fantastic

Blink 182 was alright

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
I was at this concert yesterday, crowd was wack but there was a terrible storm that happened before the concert too. It's an outdoor venue so I'm sure that scared some people away

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
That tour got a huge upgrade. Now replace Blink 182 and you got yourself a real show.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I went to the Blink 182 / Lil Wayne concert the other night. It was a terrible combination. Nobody wanted to be there for Lil Wayne. Blink was awesome though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Wayne has a history of being late, cutting his set short or just not showing up.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time believing Wayne hasn't done shows in front of massive crowds of rich white kids. He's done Seattle before.
Listen to what he said. He dropped out because the crowd wasn't massive.

"I am so not used to performin to a crowd and there's not too many -- you know like still forming"

The quote in the tweet, "please forgive me I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this" isn't what he actually said. Do people not watch the videos? Why is that tweet misquoting him?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I went to a blink concert once where Cypress hill opened for them. Ch fucking killed it.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Whatever man, years ago I was at a Linkin Park concert with The Used, Korn and Less than Jake, and Snoop Dog was also there for some odd reason. He absolutely killed it, he embraced the different type of experience it was and went all in.

He had a live band, was great on stage and didn't need 20 hype men, it was incredible. One of the single best concert performances I've ever seen.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Apparently there was a big storm and a lot of the crowd was late. He's not the headliner so I'm not sure what he expected, lots of people will be late and miss the support.
True, there was a concert out at Jones Beach last night that was completely dead just due to the chance of lighting in the area around 8:30. People don't want to be out in weather like that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
As an artist you gotta get some sort of energy from the crowds, if they aren't going to be feeling it it makes sense to not want to do a whole tour like that. It was a weird pairing anyways.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like All Time Low is just that one date, for now. The next show is tomorrow, so it'll be known then what's going on.

I saw Tech9 at a metal festival and the crowd loved it. One of the best shows I've seen.

He was at Rock on the Range a couple years ago when I went. A woman crowd surfed, jumped up on stage, and started humping him while he continued performing.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
No, since Cypress Hill toured with...Blink-182.

Ive seen Cypress HIll tour with a live band multiple times which I think elevates the music more than just a Dj and MC

Wayne should have hired a live band for this tour and wrote new arrangements for his songs to allow for moshy / 2-steppy parts

Worst comes to worst it would have been different and hopefully fun

one of my favs

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Lil Wayne did play on one of Travis' songs. So he's probably the connective tissue between Blink and lil Wayne.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I can't think of many people that would be pleased by Lil Wayne openning a Blink 182 show or vice versa

I don't know whose idea was it but ... yeah

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks for the people that went for Lil Wayne. Doesn't seem like he handled it all that well. He could have played the full set and then dropped out after the show instead of mid set.

I agree with a lot of people, the combination is a little odd, I don't think there is much overlap in fans, but even then that really doesn't justify cutting mid set.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Listen to what he said. He dropped out because the crowd wasn't massive.

"I am so not used to performin to a crowd and there's not too many -- you know like still forming"

The quote in the tweet, "please forgive me I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this" isn't what he actually said. Do people not watch the videos? Why is that tweet misquoting him?

Who cares, is what he actually said supposed to make him seem less shitty?

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Whatever man, years ago I was at a Linkin Park concert with The Used, Korn and Less than Jake, and Snoop Dog was also there for some odd reason. He absolutely killed it, he embraced the different type of experience it was and went all in.

He had a live band, was great on stage and didn't need 20 hype men, it was incredible. One of the single best concert performances I've ever seen.
He and his band even recorded a nu-metal song for the Projekt Revolution comp in '04.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to see blink-182 in 2 days, i'm actualy super happy they didn't put Lil-wayne for the first haha i would be super mad (we got offspring which is pretty nice)

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If Run The Jewels can handle the Lorde crowd, Wayne can handle the Blink crowd. Amateur move.

Dec 13, 2017
Wayne just tweeted he wasn't quitting the tour. Probably didn't want to deal with a lawsuit or just changed his mind completely overnight

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, how about no? Blink 182 has sold about 40 million more albums than Wayne. Not singles..albums
you're talking about worldwide record sales for two American acts on a 40-date US tour?

Let's quickly compare certifications provided by the RIAA website (these are only U.S. sales)

Blink 182
Dude Ranch = 1x plat
The Mark, Tom, And Travis Show = 1x gold
Enema Of The State = 5x plat
Take Off Your Pants And Jackett = 2x plat
Blink-182 = 1x plat
California = 1x gold
10,000,000 certified US albums sales

Lil Wayne
The Block Is Hot = 1x plat
Lights Out = 1x gold
500 Degreez = 1x gold
Tha Carter = 1x gold
Tha Carter II = 1x plat
Like Father, Like Son = 1x gold
Tha Carter III = 3x plat
Rebirth = 1x gold
I Am Not A Human Being = 1x gold
Tha Carter IV = 2x plat
I Am Not A Human Being II = 1x gold
Tha Carter V = 1x plat
11,500,000 certified US albums sales

Looks like Wayne slightly beats out Blink 182. However, both Wayne and Blink 182 haven't had some of their older albums recertified for a while (an artist/act must pay the RIAA to certify an album and update their sales total), so some previous releases may have sold slightly more.

I would have compared Worldwide sales numbers, but they're not easily accessible/available.