• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Listen to what he said. He dropped out because the crowd wasn't massive.

"I am so not used to performin to a crowd and there's not too many -- you know like still forming"

The quote in the tweet, "please forgive me I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this" isn't what he actually said. Do people not watch the videos? Why is that tweet misquoting him?

Wait so you mean it was for this and not for.....wow how awkward you would think it would be for someone to immediately jump to racism for a reason.
I am curious how promoters will handle him saying he is back now. Maybe put him on later in the card?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
For one show in September.

"Yesterday was krazy! But I want all my fans to know I won't be quitting this tour! I'm having too much fun with my bros blink-182. Bangor,ME See you tomorrow! "

Lol that's the tweet after the call from his lawyer about he shouldn't break the contract.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
The people there probably thought it was cool to see him but don't know how to act during a rap show. He probably shouldn't have agreed to do it.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Lol I saw a Facebook advert for the blink 182 Lil Wayne concert last night. Guess they need to make some changes

Edit: oh maybe he's not permanently dropping out

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Viral press for the tour.? I bet this helped sell at least SOME tickets.

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All Time Low just kind of seems like a straight upgrade, and I'm not even a fan of them

but Wayne has been trash for so long now. And not even the 'I don't like this rapper' trash like he shouldn't even qualify as a musician anymore. Especially live.

He was never much of a rapper. He was more of a personality with a microphone

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
This was an odd pairing to begin with and if the crowd isn't what he is used to than I can't really blame him.

Wtf... Why are people saying this?! The guy signed a contract and I guarantee a huge chunk of those tickets were bought with the idea they'd be going to see lil Wayne. Now they're stuck with these tickets because he decided he wasn't happy with the crowds?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
From what he said sounds like the arena was half empty.

It's certainly not a race issue. I know many people on era don't actually go out but at rap shows most of the crowd is white.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Perhaps this shit stain wants a crowd where he can make fun of Emmett Till?

I lost all respect for him once I found out about it.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when U2 had Kanye opening for them? Yea that didn't make sense, either.
I went to a Fall Out Boy show where 50 Cent was opening. He spent most of the time offstage while his hypemen called his name, then he came out and slowly paced around stage mumbling through songs, then walked back off stage until he felt like doing another one. It was the most "contractually obligated" performance I have ever seen.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I'm confused, aren't the fans at his concerts similar looking? They just wear Ralph Lauren and the men have much shorter hair lmao.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Lil Wayne has probably sold more albums than blink-182. But as a live act in 2019 blink just has more pull.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looking back, man overboard was one of the most hateful and disrespectful diss tracks in pop punk history.

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
pgxn64dcm8m11.gif

Oct 30, 2017
How is Lil Wayne not relevant when his last album was a thing that people actually bothered talking about when it dropped

Last edited:

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All of this because of a storm that delayed the crowd. Such nonsense.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is Lil Wayne less relevant than blink 182 when his last album was a thing that people actually bothered talking about when it dropped

Blink's previous album was a hit and people pay to see rock bands that have been around for a while, they maintain their draw. Not really the case in rap unless you're Jay Z or Kanye.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Where are you getting these numbers from?
you're talking about worldwide record sales for two American acts on a 40-date US tour?

Let's quickly compare certifications provided by the RIAA website (these are only U.S. sales)

Blink 182
Dude Ranch = 1x plat
The Mark, Tom, And Travis Show = 1x gold
Enema Of The State = 5x plat
Take Off Your Pants And Jackett = 2x plat
Blink-182 = 1x plat
California = 1x gold
10,000,000 certified US albums sales

Lil Wayne
The Block Is Hot = 1x plat
Lights Out = 1x gold
500 Degreez = 1x gold
Tha Carter = 1x gold
Tha Carter II = 1x plat
Like Father, Like Son = 1x gold
Tha Carter III = 3x plat
Rebirth = 1x gold
I Am Not A Human Being = 1x gold
Tha Carter IV = 2x plat
I Am Not A Human Being II = 1x gold
Tha Carter V = 1x plat
11,500,000 certified US albums sales

Looks like Wayne slightly beats out Blink 182. However, both Wayne and Blink 182 haven't had some of their older albums recertified for a while (an artist/act must pay the RIAA to certify an album and update their sales total), so some previous releases may have sold slightly more.

I would have compared Worldwide sales numbers, but they're not easily accessible/available.
Blink has sold 50 million albums worldwide according to Wikipedia. Wayne is about 15 million. But he has a ton of records and singles sold. Like 100 million.