• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
You should check out the multiple shops (I have no idea if LRG keeps that list up to date) which sell LRG releases later if you're ever in that position again. For example PNP Games in Winnipeg still has it for $60 CAD (~$44 US) with free shipping in Canada/US over $65. They'll even put older LRG releases on sale when they stop moving.

Yeah, I know about PNP Games, and I've bought stuff from them in the past. I probably should've mentioned it, but I ended up buying that VHS edition from LRG because I try to order at least 2 games from LRG at a time so they don't send me stuff in a bubble mailer, and I wanted to bundle something with my order for P4G on Switch, so since I missed out on KOTOR II when they initially had it up, I decided to go with that. Also, I had a coupon that I wanted to use, even if the discount wasn't much.

But still, I appreciate the suggestion. I'm probably gonna check to see if PNP has some older LRG releases I want next month.

Last edited:

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I was excited to have the shipping email for Persona 3 and Persona 4 sent on the 8th. It's been a while, so I thought I'd check the tracking information on the EasyPost website that was in the shipping email.

• March 08, 2024
  • Shipment Information Received

Wow, thanks a lot. Apparently it hasn't even actually shipped out from LRG, it's still just sitting in their warehouse somewhere. Yeah, last time I use them for anything. The only reason I ordered these is because they kind of made it seem like VGP/PNP wouldn't be receiving them which, surprise surprise, they did. From now on, it's ordering from VGP/PNP when they get their copies in or nothing.

So irritating.

Are you in Canada?

FWIW it's almost always like this for me. You'll get the games and the tracking details will still say this. Hell, I have several orders "in production" right here on my shelves.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you'll get yours soon Chrono. At least when it ships, it ships and arrives fast. I was following the tracking and thought it'd arrive next week.
Thanks, here's hoping!

Are you in Canada?

FWIW it's almost always like this for me. You'll get the games and the tracking details will still say this. Hell, I have several orders "in production" right here on my shelves.
Yeah, Canada.

I seem to recall past tracking working (at least giving me vague DHL progress updates) but nothing here. But then, it's been a while since I ordered anything from LRG directly so I might be mis-remembering. It'd be nice if it just randomly shows up this week, though.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a Canada thing or I've just had bad luck, but LRG is driving me crazy with places like VGP getting and even restocking games I'm still waiting on (Persona 3 & 4, and Castlevania Advance for Xbox in this case). I totally understand the importance of them shipping these big bulk orders to retailers, but it was wild back with Moon coming in and out of stock at VGP while I was waiting. And I don't like to bug LRG either, but it was curious that they shipped my orders immediately when I emailed them about my the two orders with Ready statuses (Moon and Song in the Smoke) that has been Ready for two months. It has me figuring I need to email them to get my stuff out of their warehouse.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a Canada thing or I've just had bad luck, but LRG is driving me crazy with places like VGP getting and even restocking games I'm still waiting on (Persona 3 & 4, and Castlevania Advance for Xbox in this case). I totally understand the importance of them shipping these big bulk orders to retailers, but it was wild back with Moon coming in and out of stock at VGP while I was waiting. And I don't like to bug LRG either, but it was curious that they shipped my orders immediately when I emailed them about my the two orders with Ready statuses (Moon and Song in the Smoke) that has been Ready for two months. It has me figuring I need to email them to get my stuff out of their warehouse.
Ill be honest, I just use VGP instead these days. I dont like to order months before the order ships, so once they get them in stock, I grab 'em and they tend to arrive within a week or two. Takes way longer for LRG direct sadly.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ill be honest, I just use VGP instead these days. I dont like to order months before the order ships, so once they get them in stock, I grab 'em and they tend to arrive within a week or two. Takes way longer for LRG direct sadly.
It also helps that VGP...you know, has tracking that actually works. :(

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my copy of Moon CE delivered and realized that for the first time in years I have no open/active orders with LRG. Not out of intent or anything, it's just been harder to justify purchases when I have moved nearly completely to PC. That's even with me liking all the extra bonuses in the CEs.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've passed on so many games I wanted to pick up over the last few months because of the lack of PayPal as a payment option. I use PayPal credit to pay for LRG purchases over the course of six months instead of just fronting all the cash at once since I give myself a strict budget each month.

But I finally broke down and ordered Pentiment and Shantae Advance. Hopefully by the time hi-fi rush comes out PayPal will be available again.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I've passed on so many games I wanted to pick up over the last few months because of the lack of PayPal as a payment option. I use PayPal credit to pay for LRG purchases over the course of six months instead of just fronting all the cash at once since I give myself a strict budget each month.

But I finally broke down and ordered Pentiment and Shantae Advance. Hopefully by the time hi-fi rush comes out PayPal will be available again.

? Paypal came back a few weeks ago

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018

Kind of same here. Not that I passed on as much as you likely did but definitely held off on most because of no PayPal option which I did break to order Pentiment too. I'm considering more but there's time to wait and see if it comes back before those end.

Given their planned releases I'm going to be ordering quite a bit this year so hopefully it comes back soon before it gets real busy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well after two weeks or supposedly "shipping" my games, Asendia's tracking has finally updated to them receiving my shipment. At least it's on-the-move now, so that's something.

But yeah, last LRG order for me. I'll stick to VGP/PNP from here on out.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Aaaaaaaaaand f*** I missed Pentiment. I guess I shouldn't have thought twice about completing my order on March 17th when I realized Arzette's preorder window was extended for two weeks. Feels bad man.

Guess it's just going to be Arzette then this time. *sigh*

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Aaaaaaaaaand f*** I missed Pentiment. I guess I shouldn't have thought twice about completing my order on March 17th when I realized Arzette's preorder window was extended for two weeks. Feels bad man.

Guess it's just going to be Arzette then this time. *sigh*
VGP or PNP games will get copies in the future, I would not worry about it. I will tag you if they get copies

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
VGP or PNP games will get copies in the future, I would not worry about it. I will tag you if they get copies

That's very nice of you, I appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye open myself, unless I don't and then I suppose that means I'm not missing the game that much ^^

I knew about VGP but not about PNP, thanks for the tip :)

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
My wife opened Persona 3 and was super happy to see there's an actual manual inside. Nice touch, very happy with that particular LRG purchase I must say.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My Shantae statue came in, after 20 years.

Gotta say, not feeling it.
It feels really cheap, compared to some of my comparable cost official PVCs.
It might be better with the standees, but I missed those, RIP.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My Shantae statue came in, after 20 years.

Gotta say, not feeling it.
It feels really cheap, compared to some of my comparable cost official PVCs.
It might be better with the standees, but I missed those, RIP.

Honestly, I feel this way about most western-made statues. Even the western Pokemon Center statues seem to be shoddy quality, compared to pretty much anything designed in Japan.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
Huh, I guess I'll wait another three days or so before hitting them up again.
I imagine it may also depend on how specific your inquiry is. The only things I've really contacted support for since the start of 2024 have been about an order that's been sat on "now shipping" for 3+ months, and all the responses I've gotten back have been almost identical "it's in the shipping queue" answers.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it may also depend on how specific your inquiry is. The only things I've really contacted support for since the start of 2024 have been about an order that's been sat on "now shipping" for 3+ months, and all the responses I've gotten back have been almost identical "it's in the shipping queue" answers.

My package was denied entry by local customs and sent back to them, so I'm asking for a refund for the order, as I don't think sending it again will do any difference with our current import policy.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
My package was denied entry by local customs and sent back to them, so I'm asking for a refund for the order, as I don't think sending it again will do any difference with our current import policy.
It may be worth asking if your ticket can be expedited on their Discord. I've heard moderate success of that prompting LRG to prioritise inquires if they're urgent or otherwise time sensitive. Hope you manage to get it resolved soon.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
I guess this goes to show how messed up LRG's shipping situation is.

Almost exactly a year ago from today, I put in an order for two Switch games that LRG had in stock. I know they were in stock because I had intentionally skipped out on the preorder period for both of them, and now LRG still had some extra copies to sell on their website. Although I already owned the games digitally, I had a coupon I wanted to use, and I didn't mind double dipping on these two particular games. So, I put in the order, and I figured that since the games were in stock, LRG would ship them out to me within the next few weeks at the very least.

Last week, I finally got the email for the tracking information for these two games, and they only finally came in the mail today. I put in an order for 2 in-stock games from LRG, and it took just a few days short of a full year for them to get to me.

I'm not too upset over this situation, since I already owned the games digitally anyways. I did get nervous though, once the games were sold out on LRG's website and on Amazon, but I was honestly gonna wait until a full year had passed before I was gonna send in a support request for this situation.

Ultimately, I'm just glad I finally got my games, but yeah, I feel like something's really got to be up with their shipping situation if something like this could happen. On one hand, I'm sure my situation is a bit of an outlier, but on the other hand, it's hard not to contextualize this within a larger pattern of shipping issues that LRG seems to have.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this goes to show how messed up LRG's shipping situation is.

Almost exactly a year ago from today, I put in an order for two Switch games that LRG had in stock. I know they were in stock because I had intentionally skipped out on the preorder period for both of them, and now LRG still had some extra copies to sell on their website. Although I already owned the games digitally, I had a coupon I wanted to use, and I didn't mind double dipping on these two particular games. So, I put in the order, and I figured that since the games were in stock, LRG would ship them out to me within the next few weeks at the very least.

Last week, I finally got the email for the tracking information for these two games, and they only finally came in the mail today. I put in an order for 2 in-stock games from LRG, and it took just a few days short of a full year for them to get to me.

I'm not too upset over this situation, since I already owned the games digitally anyways. I did get nervous though, once the games were sold out on LRG's website and on Amazon, but I was honestly gonna wait until a full year had passed before I was gonna send in a support request for this situation.

Ultimately, I'm just glad I finally got my games, but yeah, I feel like something's really got to be up with their shipping situation if something like this could happen. On one hand, I'm sure my situation is a bit of an outlier, but on the other hand, it's hard not to contextualize this within a larger pattern of shipping issues that LRG seems to have.
What were the games? Just curious. In my experience multi game orders have ALWAYS taken longer than expected even with things like the blowout.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
Does anyone know if the blowout sale is still happening on May 27th? I tried doing some digging myself but can't seem to find anything, but I've also heard it may have been delayed again?