• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Controversial opinion: I'm okay with physical Vira dying. The portable never grabbed me, and I'd rather LRG focus on great PS4 and Switch content.

Sorry to the folks grieving, though.

Using this news, first you kick a man when he's down, then you rub salt in the wound with this opinion. You Vita hating monster! For real though, we all have some opinion about Vita, fans or not.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
i mean isn't the whole idea behind LRG to have a complete archived version of the game anyways?
I totally agree. A physical release should always have the patches and DLC on it, if possible. I do not understand people who buy games from LRG and want the choice to buy the DLC as a download.

I sent back my copy of Fallout 4 GotY Edition because it does not have the patches and DLC on the disc.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I better not hear anyone asking for a break on Vita games

Haha. Now I regret ever saying it...

Genuinely, thanks to LRG for all they've done for Vita. I'm so happy to have the collection of games I've gotten and a large part of it is thanks to them.

Now to get the last few orders in that they can. Interestingly there is a final final deadline of February in there - I'm guessing LRG will need to submit what they're proposing to release before then and get the final orders in by Feb. So there is time for stuff like Sharin no Kuni. Hopefully some of the Sekai games too.

Biggest disappointment about all this - I know they were highly unlikely to happen anyway, but the nail is well and truly in the Atelier coffin now. I really wanted to preserve the portable Arland games forever.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Re. Physical Vita releases. Rabi-ribi was confirmed in these and Phantom Breaker heavily hinted too.

Wonder how many orders they'll get in before the deadline.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
^ In a weird way, this deadline could actually be good overall for us Vita holdouts. It's now or never for all the projects that some of those smaller companies have already invested time and money into. If they still want to sell copies, they'll have to focus on those Vita games for a while. And at least the Vita will go out with a bunch or cool indie games instead of a crappy port of some yearly sports game.

edit:
no "stages of grief" joke reply please, I beat you to it ;)

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance Xenon Valkyrie+, Foul Play, Bastion, Guacamelee, Mark of The Wolves, Mercenary Kings, Papers Please, Darkest Dungeon, and Iconoclasts can be signed and submitted before the end?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The game? Maybe. The vita port? Not a chance.
Is there a source on it or just a personal theory? I remember reading in 2017 that the Vita porting process had started so I don't think it's completely unthinkable that it will be released together with the other platforms. If you have seen something else then maybe I should Switch platforms though.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ruiner LRG is up!

edit: sold out in under 2 minutes

Managed to snag a copy. The queue was the longest wait yet so I figured it was too late...whew!

What happened to Special Reserve Games? They got DDoS'd but last night it said their copies were sold out before they took their site offline. Did they already sell all of them or are they waiting until their issues are sorted out?

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like such a moron. I forgot to add a shipping box to my cart while waiting for it to go live. Well, at least I got my order in. Here's hoping LRG support can help me out.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Special Reserve Games? They got DDoS'd but last night it said their copies were sold out before they took their site offline. Did they already sell all of them or are they waiting until their issues are sorted out?

From a LRG email today:
If you miss out on this, Special Reserve Games' standard version of the game will be available at a later date. Special Reserve will have 2,000 copies available, so please don't worry if you missed our variant! Make sure to follow them on Twitter for updates.

Is there a second batch ?
I think all the SRG variant games only had one batch for all 1000 copies.
But you still have a chance to buy directly from SRG because of the bot attack. They have the better cover art anyways.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
I think all the SRG variant games only had one batch for all 1000 copies.
But you still have a chance to buy directly from SRG because of the bot attack. They have the better cover art anyways.

Jeezum, really ? :(
Ef' me for not putting a super loud alarm everytime.
Ruiner through LRG was supposed to save me $10 in shipping plus up to $25 in import fees. I got massively burned last time through SRG.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to swallow that pill...

Like you said at least there's a (slightly) better cover.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a source on it or just a personal theory? I remember reading in 2017 that the Vita porting process had started so I don't think it's completely unthinkable that it will be released together with the other platforms. If you have seen something else then maybe I should Switch platforms though.

Yeah I have no reason to assume that the Vita version specifically, isn't being worked on.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Jeezum, really ? :(
Ef' me for not putting a super loud alarm everytime.
Ruiner through LRG was supposed to save me $10 in shipping plus up to $25 in import fees. I got massively burned last time through SRG.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to swallow that pill...

Like you said at least there's a (slightly) better cover.
There's also a slim chance you'll be able to grab one of the copies they'll randomly put up again after some payments didn't go through. I remember getting one of the Shadow Warrior variants like that, I think around two days after the initial LRG run. They just put them up without sending out an email, so maybe keep checking the website just in case the next few days. And others have often suggested the waiting list, never tried it myself though.

Hope you get one, high import fees are the worst :/

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
It was fun while it lasted. But it seems that I will get a $60 refund on Bloodstained :(

I like to think the reason they were closing pre-orders is so they know numbers to place that final order with Sony ;)

(If not I'm also due a refund of $60)

Any chance Xenon Valkyrie+, Foul Play, Bastion, Guacamelee, Mark of The Wolves, Mercenary Kings, Papers Please, Darkest Dungeon, and Iconoclasts can be signed and submitted before the end?

I've a feeling the guy behind the ports of Xenon Valkyrie & Riddled Corpses is involved in some kind of limited run negotiations (either with LRG or a competitor). He tweeted about bad news for his followers a week or so ago (he has lots of Vita fans) and then this happened. Seems pretty likely.

You've just reminded me that LRG seemed to hint they were getting somewhere with SNK a while ago, and now this. I'll never have the physical copies of Last Blade, Garou, KoF '97 and SamSho that I hoped for :(

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
You've just reminded me that LRG seemed to hint they were getting somewhere with SNK a while ago, and now this. I'll never have the physical copies of Last Blade, Garou, KoF '97 and SamSho that I hoped for :(

You can buy that SNK Switch collection, I'm sure SNK doesn't know what's Playstation anymore.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
more details on the SRG Ruiner release:

WHEN WILL THE NEW SALE BE RELEASED?

We're officially not sure as of today (May 16th). Our team worked into the night to recover from this act and we're not done yet. We must engage all our resources to restore, repair, and reaffirm we're ready for your traffic, and since the attack continues and we're still blocking IP's and verifying stability, we are not confident to schedule a new date. We promise to notify on all fronts (website, email, social media) when we are able to reschedule the Ruiner release, but it will definitely not be this week.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
The news about Sony ending Vita card production is terrible.
What a shame, it could have continued for years.
There are still so many games I was hoping for to eventually see a physical release, like Crypt of the Necrodancer...

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The work around is having a publisher in Sony Asia like EastAsiaSoft do the releases now (which they were already doing). We still got a year, so I expect a lot of people trying to bank on the end of the Vita cart production in the West.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
The work around is having a publisher in Sony Asia like EastAsiaSoft do the releases now (which they were already doing). We still got a year, so I expect a lot of people trying to bank on the end of the Vita cart production in the West.
Not exactly: "The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018".
That's just six more weeks.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The unique code assigned to each physical release.
So basically, nothing needs to be done before June 28th except that LRG needs to tell Sony which games they intend to release? LRG does not need to submit final code for production until close to March 2019 as long as the games they plan to release had been submitted for a product code request of sorts before June 28th?

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Just an FYI (and somewhat off topic) Reverie is available now on PlayAsia. Definitely limited run type game I've been looking forward to.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
To answer a few questions:

There are regular & collector editions for both PS4 & Vita (so 4 SKUs). The regular editions are $30 and are open pre-order. The collector editions are $65 and have limited quantity.

Kickstarter backers will get an email with info on how they can order the collector editions in advance. If a substantial number of kickstarter backers order the collector editions, we'll up the quantity.

The regular editions are $5 more expensive than standard LRG releases because they include a 60+ full-color manual.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
The twitter feed says Kickstarter backers have early access to the CSH CE. This is both cool and worrisome... I really want one.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The twitter feed says Kickstarter backers have early access to the CSH CE. This is both cool and worrisome... I really want one.

LRG has a specific quantity that they're planning on for the CE, but if early purchases from KS backers are higher than expected, they'll up the quantity so non-backers still have a chance to get one.

Oct 26, 2017
To answer a few questions:

There are regular & collector editions for both PS4 & Vita (so 4 SKUs). The regular editions are $30 and are open pre-order. The collector editions are $65 and have limited quantity.

Kickstarter backers will get an email with info on how they can order the collector editions in advance. If a substantial number of kickstarter backers order the collector editions, we'll up the quantity.

The regular editions are $5 more expensive than standard LRG releases because they include a 60+ full-color manual.
Awesome! It's been nearly 4.5 years since I backed CSH. Can't wait to receive my physical Vita CE.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Do you know if those manuals will come inside the game case?

I've been told they'll be in the game cases. The content of the two manuals is the same, but the regular editions have standard PS4/Vita instruction manuals whereas the manual in the CE is setup more like a Working Designs SCD manual (so larger to fit the SCD case & I believe they're going to do some fancy foil stuff on the cover).

EDIT: From LRG's twitter account: "The manual is formatted to fit the long-box case and will feature high-gloss thick stock for the cover with foil elements. Our printer has been given some Sega CD Working Designs manuals for reference."

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty big release week again :x ...we need like, some massive Vita release weeks, just to catch up with that looming deadline coming near...

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Those CSH Collector's Editions look gorgeous.

I've never actually bought anything from LRG before. For those in the UK who do, am I likely to get stung with a customs fee? I assume the games will be region free (PS4)?