• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
I will preorder my copy of Oceanhorn this friday. Togehter with Slime San and the other Switch game what will released this friday.

I don't care if i'm one of the first 5000 owners of Oceanhorn who will get it in the next few weeks. Because i will get the game anyway not until the other two games are available in a few months.

That will save a lot of shipping costs for me if i buy two (or this friday three) games.

At the moment i decided that i will order every Switch game from LRG games if they stay with the two weeks pre order thing and i can order two games together.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
"According to Doug in the official LRG Discord, these are the remaining releases for June:
**Subject to change, of course.
June 22nd: "Kingdom: New Lands" (PS4, Switch, PC) & "Musynx" (PS4, Vita)
June 29th: "Xenon Valkyrie+" (PS4, Vita), "VA-11 HALL-A" (Vita) & "2064: ROM" (Vita)"

From GodzillaDB.

if the date for Musynx is official then they're doing the short notice thing again

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the bonus game for full collections:

"Just going to clear this up right now.

The full-set idea is for each platform.

You don't collect for Vita, well then this doesn't apply to you for example. Did you collect all our PS4? Then we have something for you.

It's also a game that no one is going to care about in the grand scheme of things and an internal project. We aren't going to make it something like "Bastion" it's literally a game the people not collecting full sets would have skipped anyway. This is to reward full-set people for sticking with us through every release.

Again, this is literally a game people would just skip if it was a normal release. I know that for a fact.

We are also going to take into account people that are missing Breach & Clear most likely. I already know people going on quests to buy games they missed to get this game even though it's not a big game, so we aren't going back on this. You still have time to catch up and this isn't even happening until late next year at the earliest."

I'm really not against the idea. People should be rewarded for buying Mecho Tales and Plague Road.

Jan 22, 2018

You don't collect for Vita, well then this doesn't apply to you for example. Did you collect all our PS4? Then we have something for you.

It's also a game that no one is going to care about in the grand scheme of things and an internal project. We aren't going to make it something like "Bastion" it's literally a game the people not collecting full sets would have skipped anyway. This is to reward full-set people for sticking with us through every release.

Again, this is literally a game people would just skip if it was a normal release. I know that for a fact.

We are also going to take into account people that are missing Breach & Clear most likely. I already know people going on quests to buy games they missed to get this game even though it's not a big game, so we aren't going back on this. You still have time to catch up and this isn't even happening until late next year at the earliest."

I'm really not against the idea. People should be rewarded for buying Mecho Tales and Plague Road.

I cant wait for my copy of that Mayo game

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, called it. It's a neat little bonus for people that stuck it out, but it seems it'll mostly be for the value/bragging rights aspect, and I would've rather saved probably close to a grand not buying many of those games.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
This statement totally reassures me :)

Xenon Valkyrie+ is an easy skip for me. Kingdom I'll get, Musynx probably (even though the track used for the trailer tried to put me off :3).
Valhalla I might wait for a Switch version that's probably coming down the line... or I'll get one that I won't open to trade up when time comes.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap, gonna have to try and nab 3 games on the 29th haha. That'll be a fun rush.

Didn't expect LRG to have grabbed Xenon Valkyrie, that's neat. Guess that's another one I can add to the "35 games" Vita list.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
How is the list so far?

1 2064
2 Fata Morgana
3 Salt & Sanctuary
4 Exile's End
5 Senran Kagura
6 VA-11
7 Iconoclasts
8 Phantom Breaker
9 Spelunky
10 Defender's Quest
11 Dragon Fantasy I
12 Battle Princess Madelyn
13 Forma.8
14 MUSYNX
15 Rabi Ribi
16 Siralim 2
17 Sharin no Kuni
18 YIIK
19 Xenon Valkyrie+

20? Fault Milestone
21? World End Economica 1
22? World End Economica 2
23? World End Economica 3 (they're all listed separately on their site)
24? Narcissu
25? Nuclear Throne
26? Mercenary Kings (only listed for PS4 on their website, but I assume they'll do Vita too)

Don't think there's been anything else since then?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! The Switch version also has the same anime girl image inside the cover art, but expanded. I was kinda sad only the cart had the cat girl on it... Now I get both options!
both covers are available on switch, the blue one was a first print run but the catgirl one is the main cover now if you buy a new copy which i don't think will be available for a couple months

edit: i didn't realise all 3 games are pre-orders this week

also super hydorah CE for Vita is still instock, is this the longest a game of any SKU has been instock?

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Musynx is a Pre Order btw. Won't ship till August

Tempted to combine it with next week depending on the dates we'll get the others.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
both covers are available on switch, the blue one was a first print run but the catgirl one is the main cover now if you buy a new copy which i don't think will be available for a couple months

edit: i didn't realise all 3 games are pre-orders this week

Oh I knew about the cover, but just didn't want 2 Switch copies, just 1 copy for each system.

I also didn't know they would be open pre-orders. Now I don't need to wake up at 7 for it! I'm guessibg it's a deal with the publisher?

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not traditionally into anime, or whatever. I honestly don't even play a lot of Japanese games anymore (though I was pretty obsessed with them when I was younger), but I wanted to chime in and say if you're a hardcore rhythm game fan like I am, but don't traditionally like anime style stuff, do not sleep on Mucinex (Musynx). It's quite good.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Next week is going to be an expensive week.

Musynx plus VA11-HA11A, and Xenon Valkyrie.

Then EAS's drop - Shikhondo Soul Eater

And possibly SLG's end of the month drop

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize Musynx will have a 2-week preorder window. I'll wait until next week so I can group it with the 3 other Vita games.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
So Kingdom too has a 2-week preorder window. I guess I don't have anything to impulse buy today, I'll just see what's coming out during the next two weeks ^^
We still have time for Oceanhorn Switch, right ?

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So Kingdom too has a 2-week preorder window. I guess I don't have anything to impulse buy today, I'll just see what's coming out during the next two weeks ^^
We still have time for Oceanhorn Switch, right ?

Yeah but I'm not sure there's many copies left that ship out soon. It'll go to open pre-order after that.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I'm an idiot and didn't realize Musynx was a preorder.
Should have just ordered it next week with the other Vita games instead of paying more for shipping.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From the official Google Calendar, here's what's scheduled.

Ongoing pre-orders
Slime-san (Switch) Ends tonight!
Kingdom: New Lands (Switch, PS4) until July 6th
Musynx (PS4, Vita) until July 6th
Oceanhorn (Switch) until July 11th

June 29th 2018
2064: Read Only Memories (Vita, number of copies TBC, CE also available)
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita, number of copies TBC, CE also available)
Xenon Valkyrie (Vita, PS4, number of copies TBC)

July 5th 2018
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July
Everspace (PS4) open pre-order until 5th August (TBC)

July 20th 2018
Thumper (PS4, Switch) open pre-order until 3rd August

August 3rd 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 17th August

Do note that this is probably not comprehensive, and is subject to change.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Oh there is a just a small window left. I thought it was over already.
Shows how disingenuous Atlus's excuse was.

It's kinda disconcerting that we got this deadline and then two companies (Atlus and XSEED) are announcing titles that would make the deadline as digital-only.

Anyway yeah, LRG get on it. Both that and Fate please!

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY

July 5th 2018

I guess that's what happened to my Everspace: Galactic Edition preorder that I've had on Amazon for months that was suddenly canceled in the early hours of this morning. WTF. Well, at least I have an idea of what the CE might have (assuming they do one and it's not just a standard release) and I'll have a shot at getting it. Still, seems kinda weird to have a whole preorder page on Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy since at least April only to pull it a couple of months later and do a release for LRG. I suppose I don't really need the game as I have the PC version from backing the game on Kickstarter, but something about this still seems off. Don't get me wrong, I'll still most likely attempt to grab the PS4 release as it's a great game and ridiculously good looking, but I just had to comment on what I saw as a strange series of events.

Oct 26, 2017
From the official Google Calendar, here's what's scheduled.

Ongoing pre-orders
Slime-san (Switch) Ends tonight!
Kingdom: New Lands (Switch, PS4) until July 6th
Musynx (PS4, Vita) until July 6th
Oceanhorn (Switch) until July 11th

June 29th 2018
2064: Read Only Memories (Vita, number of copies TBC, CE also available)
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita, number of copies TBC, CE also available)
Xenon Valkyrie (Vita, PS4, number of copies TBC)

July 5th 2018
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July

July 20th 2018
Thumper (PS4, Switch) open pre-order until 3rd August

August 3rd 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 17th August

Do note that this is probably not comprehensive, and is subject to change.

I'm all about those 2064 & VA-11 CEs this coming Friday. And I'm also down to go for a complete Switch set. I can't stress enough how much I love the limited preorder Windows for Switch games.

One last thing; is it just me or is there some passive-aggressive animosity between the Vita and Switch limited physical copy communities? Anyone else picking up on that?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about those 2064 & VA-11 CEs this coming Friday. And I'm also down to go for a complete Switch set. I can't stress enough how much I love the limited preorder Windows for Switch games.

One last thing; is it just me or is there some passive-aggressive animosity between the Vita and Switch limited physical copy communities? Anyone else picking up on that?

Got any examples?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

i don't mean this post to be console warring before i get reported for it

but i'd say the physical switch community is too rabid, they seem to demand a physical for everything and then when it doesn't pan out just exactly how they wanted it with part of the game/bundle being a seperate download they just end up screaming about how they're not going to be buying the game at all now

with the Vita physical community i've noticed that people will just tend to say they'll be waiting for a good sale on the games that go digital only and i don't really remember people complaining about the optional downloads with the physical version aside from the Blazblue game which i think was chronophantasma and the LRG version if Ys which was a more acceptable complaint seeing as it required pretty much the entire game to be downloaded