• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
That Switch CE sold out within seconds. That has to be the fastest it has ever been.

I can't believe I was able to remove that version from my cart and quickly grab the PS4 CE. The PS4 iteration stayed up for about 4 minutes.

I'm not sure if there are any supply restrictions, but unless LRG has done a strict cost benefit analysis I don't know why they can't up their quantity. Obviously this was going to be a huge hit. 2500 only? Come on, at least double that or make it ACTUALLY a preorder.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Same, it's actually the first time since the early days of the Shopify platform that I haven't been able to get something, went live 10secs early and after the being put in the usual queue it just went to an error not found page, quickly tried again but was out of stock after clicking pay now on paypal.

Unfortunately my hotspot on my phone wasn't working on my phone so I couldn't use my laptop (currently at the airport). So I had to order using the browser on my phone lol.

Well I put in my name for the waiting list...this sucks. First time I've had to do it.

Purdy

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately my hotspot on my phone wasn't working on my phone so I couldn't use my laptop (currently at the airport). So I had to order using the browser on my phone lol.

Well I put in my name for the waiting list...this sucks. First time I've had to do it.

How do you do that???

Found it for the two CE but not one for the fan bundle :(

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Well they did say a portion of the run will go up on the fangamer website around release time so not all is lost I guess? I did try for the switch CE and got the sold out note just before final confirmation, but did grab a second PS4 CE in hopes I'll be able to trade it for the switch version down the line with minimal loss.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The CE went live for my like 10 seconds early, and I still wasn't able to get one.

I was just about to pay then it told me it was out of stock and removed it from my cart ugh.

Yeah, it was definitely earlier than exactly 6pm. I managed to snag one but wasn't sure it was going to through since I got a blank page after clicking on the cart.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well they did say a portion of the run will go up on the fangamer website around release time so not all is lost I guess? I did try for the switch CE and got the sold out note just before final confirmation, but did grab a second PS4 CE in hopes I'll be able to trade it for the switch version down the line with minimal loss.

Fangamer will be getting 1000 switch copies and 400 PS4 of the CE, the biggest problem with them compared to LRG is that for international orders you're pretty much going to get hit with customs charges. Fangamer do seem to have stock for longer usually though, so a good chance of getting a copy that way.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
To address the questions folks had that I've seen with the updated info (there should be no further changes!!!).

1. No more seasons, people were getting too confused.

2. You will be able to combine orders in with your original order until either you have hit the $500 cap, or, ALL items in your base order (the original, plus whatever else you've previously combined into it) are listed as "shipping in progress". If you have any items still in manufacturing (aka, your order would not be pulled for shipping by the shipping team) you can combine into it.

3. You will need to make a combine request for each order. That can be done here: https://goo.gl/forms/Q9S2KqA7VM8bRTVn2

4. The fees have been adjusted to make sure we're collecting enough to cover International shipping, but not too much. You'll have your base order, that's the one you'll be combining everything into. The first order you combine in will be $3 domestic $7 international. Every order after that being combined into your base will be $3. You'll receive a refund for the difference between the combine fee per order and the shipping that you paid.

Happier about this.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do y'all think Risky's Revenge will eventually come to Switch?

I'm letting go of my PS4 version of Pirate's Curse since I feel the series is better suited to Switch. But now I've got one game on each console and it's bugging my ocd.

Also good news on the hold order shipping stuff.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Do y'all think Risky's Revenge will eventually come to Switch?

I'm letting go of my PS4 version of Pirate's Curse since I feel the series is better suited to Switch. But now I've got one game on each console and it's bugging my ocd.

Also good news on the hold order shipping stuff.

Hard to say. While I love Risky's Revenge, it's a much smaller game than Pirate's Curse, and Wayforward may not feel the need to release it again.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the backstock sale, but grabbed a few Switch blind boxes. Hopefully will get a copy of SMRPG

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
Currently figuring out the best way to process old holds with our shipping lead. Our original plan was just to automatically release everything on hold, basically the first order you place this year acts as a "ship items" but doesn't tie those old holds to your new order, we just pull the shipping address for that.

Either, we'll periodically go through and process bundles that are in the database as games that are in manufacturing come in and ship out, or we will create a new order that will show up on your account that lists everything you have on hold so it can be easily referenced.

It will likely be the last one since that gives folks the most information and if there are any errors so far as what we have databased and what customers have placed on hold. The only caveat to that, is when we create the new order, those games will then award digital points instead of being sent with physical tickets. I know some folks are a few tickets away from a game redemption though, so in those cases we'll do some kind of combined reward redemption for the tickets you have on hand, plus some digital points. Something, so that we can get those processed for folks for the older reward options that are not available in the digital system. I hope that makes sense, it's a little convoluted.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes it sure feels like EVERY Limited Run PS4 is coming to Switch sooner or later....

I still love PS4, but I've been really reticent to buy PS4 LRG releases lately for this very reason. I know it may hurt sales, but I wish they'd give us a better idea as to what's most likely also coming out on Switch down the road.

Pre-switch, I would've easily bought Rain World and Sundered, but since I'm only mildly interested in them I'm more willing to take my chances on a Switch version.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Currently figuring out the best way to process old holds with our shipping lead. Our original plan was just to automatically release everything on hold, basically the first order you place this year acts as a "ship items" but doesn't tie those old holds to your new order, we just pull the shipping address for that.

Either, we'll periodically go through and process bundles that are in the database as games that are in manufacturing come in and ship out, or we will create a new order that will show up on your account that lists everything you have on hold so it can be easily referenced.

It will likely be the last one since that gives folks the most information and if there are any errors so far as what we have databased and what customers have placed on hold. The only caveat to that, is when we create the new order, those games will then award digital points instead of being sent with physical tickets. I know some folks are a few tickets away from a game redemption though, so in those cases we'll do some kind of combined reward redemption for the tickets you have on hand, plus some digital points. Something, so that we can get those processed for folks for the older reward options that are not available in the digital system. I hope that makes sense, it's a little convoluted.

Can you say what's gonna happen for those of us who are still gonna be a few physical tickets short of a free game? Can then be changed into digital points or am I completely out of luck?

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I know some folks are a few tickets away from a game redemption though, so in those cases we'll do some kind of combined reward redemption for the tickets you have on hand, plus some digital points. Something, so that we can get those processed for folks for the older reward options that are not available in the digital system.

Please and thank you. By my estimate (not positive what the last game is) after my holds ship I should have 81 to 85 tickets.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
We'll get something sorted out for you.

Thank you :)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a system where all our tickets could go to a bunch of trading cards, for those who like it. Or if we're close enough for a game, have it be a discount towards a game

Yeah, I wouldn't just mind a proportional discount or something. I just don't have much use for the tickets for anything other than games as I don't collect memorabilia, just the games themselves.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

this probably sounds like it would be a PITA but would it be possible to convert previous tickets into points? like i guess take a photo of what tickets we still have and they can be matched up to what's on our accounts

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Ok so I'm ordering Celeste and Windjammers, upgrading from my PS4 version.
I haven't any order on hold. If I understand well, even if I plan to combine orders in the future, I don't have to do anything special now, right ? We should only mail customer service when a second order is made ?
If so, it feels simple and flexible.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Ok so I'm ordering Celeste and Windjammers, upgrading from my PS4 version.
I haven't any order on hold. If I understand well, even if I plan to combine orders in the future, I don't have to do anything special now, right ? We should only mail customer service when a second order is made ?
If so, it feels simple and flexible.

Yes, I think so!

I've only gotten the 5 points for visiting the site like twice. It never seems to work for me.

For me neither. It worked exactly three times, and never again since. Really strange.

Is there going to be an LE for Danmaku Unlimited?

Thankfully not. :)

Wish we had more details about the one for "Iconoclasts".

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I'm in for Neurovoider. Action looks good for my taste but game systems look too fidgety.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I've just been tossing my tickets in a drawer and not paying attention. I'm up to 59 and counting so maybe it's time to redeem a couple. :)

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A question. I see now that I'm getting points for purchases, is this a new thing or was this active before? Because I got points only for Windjammers but not all my previous purchases. I guess that's because those simply predated the program?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Really hard to find a final consensus on Iconoclasts. Some people love it while others hate it. Don't know if it's worth 50$ (/w shipping to EU).

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard to find a final consensus on Iconoclasts. Some people love it while others hate it. Don't know if it's worth 50$ (/w shipping to EU).

Have you seen gameplay? Has the gameplay made you curious enough to try it? If so I think the Switch version is currently on sale. If you own a Switch you might want to check out the eShop.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else not getting their points updated with purchases? I ordered Celeste on the 1st and Neurovoider today but my points are still sitting at 20 simply from visits.
EDIT: Okay, the Neurovoider ones just applied but still no Celeste. Weird.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Anyone else not getting their points updated with purchases? I ordered Celeste on the 1st and Neurovoider today but my points are still sitting at 20 simply from visits.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if points are updated right away or not, but mine have not either. This is my first purchase under the new system I believe.

The site visit points don't really work for me either as I mentioned earlier.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing I'm about halfway through the game and enjoying every moment.

Konjak's games have this "variety action" quality to them and that is probably why his previous titles like Noitu Love 2 are compared to Treasure's work. I've seen some arguments against Iconoclasts being a metroidvania, but I think that's the genre it best fits into. Call it a "what if" title. What if Treasure made a metroidvania during the 32-bit era. Puzzles are well thought out with plenty of "ah ha" moments. The action and boss fights feel Japanese 16 and 32-bit era in design; something I don't normally see done this well outside of maybe Wayforward in the west.

They story is deeper than you would expect from the genre. Heavy on religious, social, and echonmic themes. It's a bit more winded than I would like, but not to the point where I feel like skipping things.

I'm seeing 8 to 12 hour completion times posted on Twitter. It plays well as a sit-down console title and as a portable game. Playing it with the Hori mini pad on PS4 feels like I'm playing some long lost Super Famicom disc title.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Man, they could have said how many flip grips they were carrying on the site. I didn't know it was 100 (according to Twitter) or I'd have logged in the moment the games went live instead of going "well, it's all preorders today, I can just login at any time".

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised the Grip sold out. I wanted one... does anyone know if other retailers will be carrying the grips? Or should I just wait for the Chinese knockoffs on eBay?

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Man, they could have said how many flip grips they were carrying on the site. I didn't know it was 100 (according to Twitter) or I'd have logged in the moment the games went live instead of going "well, it's all preorders today, I can just login at any time".
We had 400 total, when we posted on Twitter we said we had fewer than 100 left in stock.

Fangamer still has it though!

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like LRG is now selling an SNES pound cable. Just remember that you're getting what you pay for with these things. Sure, it'll look better than a composite cable, but it's by no means an accurate image.

My preferred (albeit expensive) solution is HD Retrovision cables plugged into an OSSC, but the Retrotink is also good. I prefer component cables to Scart because it's easier to support them in the US and because HD Retrovision makes fantastic cables.

Or, even better, just buy FPGA systems. I love both my Retrousb AVS and Super NT, and I'm looking forward to the Mega SG later this year.

Blacksark

Nov 21, 2017
After reading about the snes cable, it would be super nice if LRG worked with super analog NT to sell snes and megadrive consoles, because it's very expensive to import and it has 100% of customs in my country. Is there any possibility LimitedRunGames

xianren

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
The Hitman: HD Enhanced Collection has just been announced for consoles, sadly it's digital only. Can you guys at LRG please get on this. THX guys

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I don't think the site even had a date listed? Would've got one today with Danmaku hsd I if known :/