• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
LRG is going to need to heavily investigate the Jak II sales. The Mega Bundle for example was already at 72% before the sale even went live. Others are reporting bots as well. It's frustrating for folks who try to play by the rules and get screwed by those heartless jackasses that use bots to get the jump on things.

Everything went up early. I think I was done checking out by the time the sale was supposed to start.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
LRG is going to need to heavily investigate the Jak II sales. The Mega Bundle for example was already at 72% before the sale even went live. Others are reporting bots as well. It's frustrating for folks who try to play by the rules and get screwed by those heartless jackasses that use bots to get the jump on things.

I wonder if that could be one of those weird number counts that sometimes show up. I've seen things listed at "200%" etc before they go live. One possibility is that it's 72% of stock listed, with the remaining being what is left for the second batch?

The standalone LE went up a little early for me, though. Several seconds after countdown.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
when combining my first order after jan first will that be the base number? i still have 3 holds from last year and want to kick jak 2 into the hold

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, well, good to know it's a bug then. Hopefully folks can get their copies on the 6 pm run. If not then, on the waiting list. It is extremely frustrating for me to see so many take advantage of reselling and immediately try to flip these for a profit. I'd rather folks who actually want to play these games get them.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to buy the regular version of Jak 2 at like 9:58. For some reason it went live early.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
looks like the botting problem is starting to reach peak heights

(thats a sneaker collector tweeting to a bot company how well they work on LRG)

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm guessing stuff sold out quickly? TBH, after the first Jak went up I'm amazed they didn't switch to open preorder for this. Kind of a bummer... I loved Jak II as a teen, but the performance problems at that price are a real deal breaker for me.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still kicking myself for missing Jak & Daxter 1. Hell, I even forgot about the waiting list. I just want a standard copy. eBay prices are absurd.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Same people probably took all the Celeste CEs too which I pretty much have no chance getting now since I don't want to be hit with customs charges from Fangamer, killed my Switch collection already. I luckily managed to grab Jak today though but went through 2 orders to make sure (got Tacoma after), I can combine the order but they still take $3 for doing it which is annoying considering they were placed at the same time.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Same people probably took all the Celeste CEs too which I pretty much have no chance getting now since I don't want to be hit with customs charges from Fangamer, killed my Switch collection already. I luckily managed to grab Jak today though but went through 2 orders to make sure (got Tacoma after), I can combine the order but they still take $3 for doing it which is annoying considering they were placed at the same time.

Did you put your name on the wait list?

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did you put your name on the wait list?

Yeah as soon as it was posted on Twitter but there's at least 100 people before me in the list, I've never had to use a wait list with LRG before so I'm guessing not much of a chance with that, I can always pick up the standard edition but since I don't know whether I'll get a CE or not I'm reluctant to order, just hope I get lucky instead.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much just beat this on PS4... somewhat frustrating that they didn't do a concurrent release. I'm at the point where I don't want to buy any PS4 release because there's a solid chance Switch will get one too.

One of the big things I think LRG has to work on is better transparency as to what's getting released on what system. Many of these games are getting a Switch release just months after the PS4. At this point, as a consumer, it feels like they're actively not telling us about a possible Switch release to maximize PS4 sales.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
One of the big things I think LRG has to work on is better transparency as to what's getting released on what system. Many of these games are getting a Switch release just months after the PS4. At this point, as a consumer, it feels like they're actively not telling us about a possible Switch release to maximize PS4 sales.

Of course they're doing that. Can't say I blame them to be honest :P

Figure you're better off waiting it out at this point.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much just beat this on PS4... somewhat frustrating that they didn't do a concurrent release. I'm at the point where I don't want to buy any PS4 release because there's a solid chance Switch will get one too.

the different versions are likely signed after they sell the PS4 versions, in some cases they may not even have the other platform like with salt and sanctuary or other titles which currently escape my memory

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Good grief, just looked at the first Jak CE on Ebay.. no wonder people scalp.

Too bad I've already got too much stuff to sell without doing it on purpose.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how I could have tried to order the Jak II CE any faster.

Oh well. I have 2 more shots to try and get a Jak CE I guess. Still frustrating.

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing Josh's tweets about bots, I didn't even try to bother a CE order. I can't believe the second listing only last less than a minute. Luckily I went straight to the waiting list and was able to put my name in at 3:05 pm, Pacific. Hopefully I can get a copy after the madness subsides.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
For anyone who's been following LRG for a while, do open preorders (like Celeste) tend to sell high on the aftermarket as well? I don't have a switch yet, and I'm not even sure I'll ever get it, but in case I ever do, I definitely want Celeste on it as well. I did grab the PS4 CE, but I'm toying with the idea of just getting a copy for switch in case I ever buy the console. But if those open preorder types of games don't usually sell for much higher than retail, I'd rather just wait and buy the switch version if I ever end up picking up a switch. At the moment I really cannot justify a 300€ console for the handful of games I'd like to try, especially since a friend can just lend it to me whenever I want to play through a game.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who's been following LRG for a while, do open preorders (like Celeste) tend to sell high on the aftermarket as well? I don't have a switch yet, and I'm not even sure I'll ever get it, but in case I ever do, I definitely want Celeste on it as well. I did grab the PS4 CE, but I'm toying with the idea of just getting a copy for switch in case I ever buy the console. But if those open preorder types of games don't usually sell for much higher than retail, I'd rather just wait and buy the switch version if I ever end up picking up a switch. At the moment I really cannot justify a 300€ console for the handful of games I'd like to try, especially since a friend can just lend it to me whenever I want to play through a game.
The prices will definitely be higher. I've been trying to get Thumper for Ps4, which was also available for pre-order, and prices on Ebay run a fair bit higher.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Yeah, Switch games tend to have an even higher markup than PS4 games (I think).
That's weird considering the open preorder system, but I guess the collector market is larger ?

Oct 26, 2017

If you're interested in an open preorder game, I would definitely get it now while it's still MSRP. Case in point; I missed both Outlasts, Dust and Furi for Switch. I ended up having to pay double ($60.75 shipped) to get a copy of Furi from eBay. I know Dust and the Outlast games are going to cost me as well.

So why pay double, or more, down the road when you can still order a game at MSRP and can afford to do so?

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Oh, I had no idea all those titles were open POs (I haven't been paying much attention to LRG until very recently). I've been trying to get Thumper for PS4 for a couple of months now and prices are crazy high (I'm still hoping I get lucky with one of my blind boxes). I guess I better grab a switch Celeste then, just to be safe. Thanks guys!

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Switch games tend to have an even higher markup than PS4 games (I think).
That's weird considering the open preorder system, but I guess the collector market is larger ?
Yeah I think we'll see the demand flip in a few years. It only makes sense considering the difference in count. Similar to PS1 vs Saturn releases these days.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Man I m so angry I missed the Jak 2 collectors edition. I had no idea.
First time I felt truly mad and angry this year. I found out an hour ago and Im still mad lol.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
There are some orders that haven't shipped yet (they are signaled as unfulfilled in my order page), yet the games in the order don't appear in the production updates page of the site so I suppose they are complete. Am I the only one with this problem? I'm talking about Broken Age, Layers Of Fear and Golf Story for Switch, all normal editions.
My support ticket has be done. Combined orders have not shipped yet. I was only searching on the shipping timeline and production update for "Broken Age" and "Golf Story", but the titles are not mentioned there, you have to look there:

October 5th Sale:

• Combined orders have not shipped.
October 12th Sale:

• Combined orders have not shipped.

It's a little bit confusing because you have to know that your orders are in the 12th of October sale.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My support ticket has be done. Combined orders have not shipped yet. I was only searching on the shipping timeline and production update for "Broken Age" and "Golf Story", but the titles are not mentioned there, you have to look there:

It's a little bit confusing because you have to know that your orders are in the 12th of October sale.

Oh I get it now. I too received Broken Age, and btw, just got notification that Cosmic Star Heroine has shipped. It's just that all the titles I'm more hyped for have been waiting to ship a little more than usual lol.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Can we have some news on PixelJunk Monsters 2 ? The production update is outdated. I've sent a ticket to have the rest of my order shipped, and I even bumped it when I saw I wasn't getting an answer, and still nothing.
I really hope it's getting shipped in February, it feels worse than Skullgirls at the time because we were better warned it could take a long time.

Also I was happy that Everspace was finally on hand, but "Combined orders have shipped unless they contain Everspace". When, then ? :|

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Looks like I might've been wrong about my guess on NightCry being one of the final 20 Vita games.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
This made me laugh more than it should have :)

maxresdefault-700x393.jpg

Oops

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Great news. 25 games being ordered in the next fortnight is crazy - so I guess that 20 more Vita games coming has gone up then.

Would be really interested to know what had to be cancelled one day though. I'm guessing there's nothing major in there but it would be really cool to know all the same.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
That's definitely excellent news from a collecting / preserving stand point. But I was secretly happy some where not happening as now I have another $600+ minimum to spend.