• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks, that's helpful! I didn't realise we were up to 79 even without the 22. That should mean we're well over 100 then at the very least (101).

Here's the tweet about 99 and 100 possibly not happening unless they can find more carts.

So... I'm guessing some games in that 22 order are things that have already been sold/revealed?

Either way, we're working up to 98 LRG titles, which means 19 more according to your list. And yeah, Madelyn is gone.

So, here's what I've got:

Confirmed:

1 Dragon Fantasy Book 1
2 Forma 8
3 The House in Fata Morgana
4 Sharin no Kuni
5 Super Meat Boy

Not announced but fairly certain thanks to re-ratings & previous relationship with devs:

6 Alone with you
7 Deadbolt

Not announced but possible thanks to re-ratings (no previous relationship with devs?)

8 Bloodstained
9 Grim Fandango

Not announced but possible thanks to partnerships:

??11 Atari Flashback Classics
??12 Garou
??13 The Last Blade 2
??14 Metal Slug 3
??15 Samurai Shodown V Special
??16 Alavastia Chronicles
??17 Asdivine Hearts 2
??18 Chronos Arc
??19 Revenant Dogma

Announced but unlikely if not formally cancelled thanks to 'upcoming releases' page updates:

?? Mercenary Kings
?? Nuclear Throne
?? YIIK
?? Fault Milestone
?? Narcissu
?? World End Economica

Anything I'm missing? I've got 19 games there, but I doubt everything that isn't announced or leaked will be Kemco or SNK games. Pretty sure things like Alavastia Chronicles, Chronos Arc etc. will have missed the cutoff.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Confirmed:

1 Dragon Fantasy Book 1
2 Forma 8
3 The House in Fata Morgana
4 Sharin no Kuni
5 Super Meat Boy

I still feel like this one is 50-50. There's still a chance it will make it, but don't count on it, sorta thing. Still no official word from the KS itself, but it does sound like they are really pushing it to make it a thing.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I guess Battle Princess Madelyn is probably cut at this point no?
The Vita port hasn't even come out. (was it cancelled?)

EDIT: According to their comments, they're still working on it.
Yeah, I'm going to remove that from the list. I think I added it because I know PS4 was getting a print, so figured the Vita would too, but too late now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a run of it for Switch. I know Playasia is selling it, but I imagine an official NTSC version would sell well, especially since it'd have the patch updates in response to early criticism of the game.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh when did Sharin no Kuni get confirmed? I had all but given up on that, even though I kickstarted it.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh when did Sharin no Kuni get confirmed? I had all but given up on that, even though I kickstarted it.

Ehh, it's still on the 'upcoming games' list so I'm taking that as confirmation for now since Doug or someone did a big purge a few days ago and removed things like Nuclear Throne/YIIK for Vita.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
This Everspace situation really annoys me to no end. What. Is. Taking. So. Long ? :(
It's been a full month I think they've had the game on hand, so why are combined orders (and only them) not shipping ?

We've entered the mid-February threshold, I hope Pixeljunk Monsters 2 doesn't get delayed any more.

Good news for Dust arriving on the 19th though.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
This Everspace situation really annoys me to no end. What. Is. Taking. So. Long ? :(
It's been a full month I think they've had the game on hand, so why are combined orders (and only them) not shipping ?

We've entered the mid-February threshold, I hope Pixeljunk Monsters 2 doesn't get delayed any more.

Good news for Dust arriving on the 19th though.
I also have a few combined orders that have not yet been shipped. I don't know the background of these Tweets but the LRG Support Twitter account posted that a few days ago:

Update for anyone with holds or combines prior to January 1st. I've received word from our shipping lead that we'll be receiving the majority of the outstanding items from 2018 this month. 1/2
2/2 To avoid delay with order creation, we're going through and creating shipments for everything in the system. This will result in a slight delay between your shipping conf. & when it ships out, but the shipping team will be able to pack those as soon as we receive games in.

https://twitter.com/LrgSupport/status/1095431433575895047

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I also have a few combined orders that have not yet been shipped. I don't know the background of these Tweets but the LRG Support Twitter account posted that a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/LrgSupport/status/1095431433575895047

It pisses me off to no end that we have to follow twitter and dig through so much crap to find answers to questions asked dozens of times. Can't LimitedRunGames either post here or send a newsletter every now and then? Either way, thanks for discovering that tweet heisenbrg

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Thanks ! I haven't received any shipping confirmation though, so the second part of the tweet is off.
I just don't understand what's behind the combined orders not shipping. The production update page is littered with this warning, but they don't explain why it's there :(
It gets on my nerves like never before, somehow.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It pisses me off to no end that we have to follow twitter and dig through so much crap to find answers to questions asked dozens of times. Can't LimitedRunGames either post here or send a newsletter every now and then? Either way, thanks for discovering that tweet heisenbrg

My guess is that everyone not praising their greatness enough here has caused them to simply stop posting. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they made some comments about it at some point.

But yeah communication is terrible as it's always been, despite promises to fix it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My guess is that everyone not praising their greatness enough here has caused them to simply stop posting. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they made some comments about it at some point.

I'm not saying that the communication is great (still waiting on my tickets...), but I'm not surprised with how much hostility, random accusations, and sarcasm that sometimes goes on in here... You don't need to sit there and "praise them", but attitudes can have people just not want to bother.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying that the communication is great (still waiting on my tickets...), but I'm not surprised with how much hostility, random accusations, and sarcasm that sometimes goes on in here... You don't need to sit there and "praise them", but attitudes can have people just not want to bother.

When you are running a successful business you can't just "not want to bother".

Communication is poor. Customer service is painfully slow.

People cut them slack due to their size and the desire for the games, but neither of those things is ok. Again I guess it comes back to the fact that as long as they keep quantities limited enough then it doesn't matter. Regardless, that train will run out of steam at some point. Maybe by then they'll be living on their own island.

Last edited:

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Really, when they're here, people are cordial enough. That's the point of communication, just showing you're ready to talk and listen often deflates any false conflictuality.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
The Grim Fandango rating is probably for the PS4 version from iam8bit.

Ah right, thanks. Well, that's one more space for a Vita game then!

I mean, I challenge them when they're here but I don't think I've ever been hostile. I'd say 99% of the thread here are all just really big fans who are more than pleasant all the time.

Without causing too much of an argument... I do kinda feel like LRG are a little thin-skinned about this kind of stuff sometimes.

Either way, I hope they're not gone. EvilGizmo has been really helpful here in the past and I still use this as my main source of LRG news. Don't really want to have to sign up to Cheapassgamer and follow that instead! Although I do have an account for their forums that I guess I should start using more.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I challenge them when they're here but I don't think I've ever been hostile. I'd say 99% of the thread here are all just really big fans who are more than pleasant all the time.

Same. As a customer, I provide constructive criticism when something bothers me, but I only do it because I like the company and want the best for and from them. I personally like Doug and Josh, at least from the occasional back and forth on Twitter.

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017

I agree with you. It's not like they need to engage with any forum anyway. They have support staff and a system in place for issues and communicate through a variety of methods. Resetera is not integral to their continued success.

Sure you can, I doubt a business exists that hasn't had customers (past or present) that they decide they don't want to bother with. I'd even go so far as to say that the more success you have, the larger that segment of people can become.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
Either way, I hope they're not gone. EvilGizmo has been really helpful here in the past and I still use this as my main source of LRG news. Don't really want to have to sign up to Cheapassgamer and follow that instead! Although I do have an account for their forums that I guess I should start using more.

They don't post much at CAG anymore either. There's plenty of people there that do nothing but complain and insult them as well. :)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Communication is poor. Customer service is painfully slow.

I don't disagree with the communication/CS situation, and I do understand it's difficult to deal with a variety of issues for such a HUGE influx of items going out the door each week, for a small group. They grew too big, too fast, and may be aren't the best at problem solving, but it looks like solutions are consistently trying to be made (trying to fix the hold package situation for global customers, trying to work out new points systems/fix them when they break...) I've worked in retail long enough that even when there is a legit complaint, not to come in pissed off and such each time... That makes people want to deal with you less. There's plenty of forums that they've been on, but I guess it depends how people approach it.

They don't post much at CAG anymore either. There's plenty of people there that do nothing but complain and insult them as well. :)

Pretty much this. It doesn't happen on here all the time, but it does.
Such as: Switch version announced after PS4 version being sold - "Oh they just want our money!!!! So greedy!!!" (Answer comes out later that Switch version wasn't even signed previously). Comments like that...

EDIT: I think the main solution is to grow their CS department even more, to take care of these issues.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there is very little to gain from engaging the ERA or cheapassgamer user. You are just dealing with a lot of complains.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there is very little to gain from engaging the ERA or cheapassgamer user. You are just dealing with a lot of complains.

If they don't want to use forums because people just complain then perhaps they are doing things wrong. I personally know people that have simply given up on them. I've also seen them vent about Twitter as well.

I think at the end of the day, they are thin skinned and haven't really figured out how to offer good customer service. They seem to have a handle on the dev/publisher side of things though. They need to figure out how to take complaints as constructive criticism. There is nothing particularly unique about ERA. It simply represents a cross section of people who buy their games.

Last edited:

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
Meh...How many other companies niche or not bother to engage with their customers on forums? I buy from all of the limited run places and besides Doug and Josh and that guy George from Super Rare, I couldn't tell you a single thing about who owns any of them. Frankly, I don't care. I buy the products I want and leave it at that. You have unrealistic expectations about how a company should interact with its customers. They don't need to be engaging in one on one conversations with buyers considering they are selling thousands of games a week and have better things to do.

Oct 25, 2017
There are issues with their stuff and have been for a while. People have had problems with support, getting timely responses, and stuff with combining shipping, shipping in general, returns, refunds, and so on. It took a long while for them to address the whole "what's coming out this week" thing where you had to follow a bunch of different sites/accounts just to know what was up.

But, there's niche for all of this, so some people will just not care, or will put up with it, or will not see any of it as an issue because they're one of the only gangs in town. And, with dealing with collectors, some collectors are just very hung up on having it all as a compulsion, which can add to it all.

If some people have issues, that's fine. If some don't, that's fine too. Just try not to invalidate the other camp just because you're in the other.

(Except for me, who is still bewildered they released and people bought Lawbreakers, which I will continue to make mention of whenever I can! :P )

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Meh...How many other companies niche or not bother to engage with their customers on forums? I buy from all of the limited run places and besides Doug and Josh and that guy George from Super Rare, I couldn't tell you a single thing about who owns any of them. Frankly, I don't care. I buy the products I want and leave it at that. You have unrealistic expectations about how a company should interact with its customers. They don't need to be engaging in one on one conversations with buyers considering they are selling thousands of games a week and have better things to do.

pretty much, yeah. They have a discord and they're super active there and to the point but I don't blame them for not coming here anymore considering how hostile people are to them and how some get upset over some really silly things to the point I've seen folks in the discord mock this site. Not nearly as bad as their twitter or facebook comment sections though, obviously, since those literally have a bunch of people who don't know how their service works thinking that the games not shipping out the next day is a sign of a scam

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

I think the main issue here is that people have to work to figure out what is going on. I don't really care where they communicate. They just need to do so clearly. These guys can't keep their own release dates on a calendar. People want to know rhat's coming up so they can plan.

I think the their side of it is that they used this for communication when they were new and it suited them.

I actually think the Super Rare guys do a great job.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
I just don't understand what's behind the combined orders not shipping. The production update page is littered with this warning, but they don't explain why it's there :(
It gets on my nerves like never before, somehow.
Everything i write about that is highly speculation: i think a while ago Josh wrote, that they rented a new storage for the games (maybe closer to their office?). The Tweet "I've received word from our shipping lead that we'll be receiving the majority of the outstanding items from 2018 this month" could mean that they receive all the not shipped (combined/hold) games at their office/new storage room. So they will take care of these hold/combined orders by themselves and not at a different place with the help of someone else? The recent change of the hold-system supports my speculation. But i can be totally wrong with that.

LRG sells now much more games because of the Switch than they did before. Every company needs time to handle something like that. People are a little bit too hard with the criticism about the response time from the customer support and shipping team.

But i also can understand that people are pissed because they (maybe) get incomplete games (maybe Celeste) from LRG because LRG is always promote, that they want to preserve games as a physical release. I would be also be angry if Celeste does not have the DLC on the card. And i can understand people who are unhappy that games like Pixel Junk Monsters 2 need so much time to ship because they were sold too early (before the game was finished). A company like LRG always get this kind of feedback of their customers/fans. They need to think about that feedback a decide if the feedback is entitled or not. I think something like the late shipping of Pixel Junk M. will not happen again. I truly hope they know why people are unhappy about the (maybe) incomplete Celeste.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Would love to see a Atelier Arland trilogy released by Limited run games but I guess those chances are really low?

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Thanks, Heisenbrg ! I hope it's just that and it will be resolved in the coming weeks. It's just sad one has to deduce this from scattered cryptic tweets. ^^

I'm sticking with the Era forum since it's the best LRG communication channel to my knowledge.
How is the discord ? I'm a little uncomfortable with going on a corporate "official" channel. Especially if people there "mock" us for voicing our concerns x)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Would love to see a Atelier Arland trilogy released by Limited run games but I guess those chances are really low?

Us Vita owners have been asking for that one since like, 2016? Last I heard, Koei-Tecmo Japan were blocking it. Dunno if the PS4 & Switch versions will have more of a chance.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Everything i write about that is highly speculation: i think a while ago Josh wrote, that they rented a new storage for the games (maybe closer to their office?). The Tweet "I've received word from our shipping lead that we'll be receiving the majority of the outstanding items from 2018 this month" could mean that they receive all the not shipped (combined/hold) games at their office/new storage room. So they will take care of these hold/combined orders by themselves and not at a different place with the help of someone else? The recent change of the hold-system supports my speculation. But i can be totally wrong with that.

LRG sells now much more games because of the Switch than they did before. Every company needs time to handle something like that. People are a little bit too hard with the criticism about the response time from the customer support and shipping team.

But i also can understand that people are pissed because they (maybe) get incomplete games (maybe Celeste) from LRG because LRG is always promote, that they want to preserve games as a physical release. I would be also be angry if Celeste does not have the DLC on the card. And i can understand people who are unhappy that games like Pixel Junk Monsters 2 need so much time to ship because they were sold too early (before the game was finished). A company like LRG always get this kind of feedback of their customers/fans. They need to think about that feedback a decide if the feedback is entitled or not. I think something like the late shipping of Pixel Junk M. will not happen again. I truly hope they know why people are unhappy about the (maybe) incomplete Celeste.

If they are selling so many more games then they can afford to scale up the customer support accordingly. It takes weeks to get responses and sometimes a month or more to get resolution on issues. That isn't ok.

I agree completely worth complete games. They need to be transparent with what is or isn't included so we can skip incomplete games if we care about that. I understand completely that people want quick shipping, but the positive thing about that is most LRG games can be played for very little money digitally. Not all of course, but many.

I would prefer that they take the Super Rare stance of selling them just before they are ready. There would be no delays if they didn't sell everything so early in the process.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely doubt that. This is the sort of thing that gains efficiencies as it scales up (within limit).
they have to manually merge them with each order and refund you the difference on each or vs merging them all together when you wanted them to ship and not refunding you because you paid the correct price already

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
they have to manually merge them with each order and refund you the difference on each or vs merging them all together when you wanted them to ship and not refunding you because you paid the correct price already
Exactly. This is more work on their end. Only thing that changes is the hold duration is much shorter which clears up inventory space.

MinionZero

Jan 14, 2018
If they are selling so many more games then they can afford to scale up the customer support accordingly. It takes weeks to get responses and sometimes a month or more to get resolution on issues. That isn't ok.

I agree completely worth complete games. They need to be transparent with what is or isn't included so we can skip incomplete games if we care about that. I understand completely that people want quick shipping, but the positive thing about that is most LRG games can be played for very little money digitally. Not all of course, but many.

I would prefer that they take the Super Rare stance of selling them just before they are ready. There would be no delays if they didn't sell everything so early in the process.

Super Rare Games has a fixed allocation for all of their games and doesn't have Collector's Editions. That is how they are able to sell and ship games so quickly. Limited Run doing Preorders allows games to have varying quantities, but at the risk of taking longer to produce and ship. If it helps get the games to more people, I prefer the latter. Given LRG's switch buyer popularity, we would have a lot more people unable to get their games with a low fixed amount. And then we'd have people complaining that LRG keeps their print runs too low for them.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Super Rare Games has a fixed allocation for all of their games and doesn't have Collector's Editions. That is how they are able to sell and ship games so quickly. Limited Run doing Preorders allows games to have varying quantities, but at the risk of taking longer to produce and ship. If it helps get the games to more people, I prefer the latter. Given LRG's switch buyer popularity, we would have a lot more people unable to get their games with a low fixed amount. And then we'd have people complaining that LRG keeps their print runs too low for them.

This was a problem long before LRG started doing preorders. Besides, they take orders for their fixed quantity games, then ship them way later.

Again, I don't personally care when they ship. I much prefer complete games, but with LRG we sorta get the worst of both worlds. The only reason I commented on SRG is because someone else brought them up.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
That's a computer task, and *should* be simple for them to automate. Picking, packing and shipping require actual human labor. Even if they continue manually merging orders and dispatching refunds, saving the human body in motion time is worth it. This is basic warehouse efficiency.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's a computer task, and *should* be simple for them to automate. Picking, packing and shipping require actual human labor. Even if they continue manually merging orders and dispatching refunds, saving the human body in motion time is worth it. This is basic warehouse efficiency.
Old way: Automatically combine orders then the customer pays for the shipping to initiate the hold shipment.
New way: Manually combine orders and partially refund the shipping amount after every order the customer contacts them about.

How is that not more work? They took a system that didn't need any human input and gave a bunch of work to their CSRs instead. It's the same amount of work as before for their warehouse. Automating it would be taking things closer to how it used to be.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
My understanding was that the new system included changes in how the orders were assembled and handled. They previously mentioned committing a room to held orders, suggesting they were picking to hold. Which would be the most labor intensive and disorganized way to go about it (but would've been straight forward when they were first inventing hold orders).

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My understanding was that the new system included changes in how the orders were assembled and handled. They previously mentioned committing a room to held orders, suggesting they were picking to hold. Which would be the most labor intensive and disorganized way to go about it (but would've been straight forward when they were first inventing hold orders).
That may be true but they could've easily kept the hold address and assigned a cheap shipping amount to only that address and then charged a full shipping amount when you wanted that hold order shipped like before instead of this convoluted mess it is now. My first combination of orders with this new system took over two weeks to happen then another couple of days to receive the partial refund on the shipping.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
They lost two of their three support guys in a short time. Now they are back to three people, but oft course the new people need to be trained.

And get good employes is not easy these days.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Over a week ago, I filled this form to add Spelunky and Fernz Gate to my past Neurovoider, Iconoclasts and Proteus order. It's been over a week and I've received no answer and no refund for the shipping. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I had two unanswered and when they mentioned their Twitter support was back I DM'ed them and it was taken care of in minutes.

Don't know why the outstanding requests weren't touched. They said they were caught up until the latest sales.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I had two unanswered and when they mentioned their Twitter support was back I DM'ed them and it was taken care of in minutes.

Don't know why the outstanding requests weren't touched. They said they were caught up until the latest sales.

Sent the LRGSupport Twitter a DM asking to check my request.