• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

neonglow

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone hook me up with a Discord invite to the Limited Retail Discord channel?

Last edited:

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a Switch yet but I heard Golf Story was full of bug at release, so hopefully when the physical come (if it's in fact the game hinted at) it will be smooth as butter already on the card.

As much as holding up to buy some digital-only game at release because of the gleam of hope of a physical version later can be tiring, having a game relatively bug free (as well as dlc) on disc/card is preferable imo.

Last edited:

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
They're cute sometimes with their obvious hints :)

Regarding the Discord, I don't know if the invite link is still working but quote this message and you should see the one I got
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the boxes for the PC Lawbreakers Collector's Edition supposed to be individually numbered? My PS4 CE has the numbered foil sticker on the box but my PC CE doesn't.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got an email from Sarah from LRG's shipping department. Apparently Sony botched the Ys Origin print run, sending a bunch of damaged copies and not sending enough in the first place. Hence, that's delayed. Got offered the option to cancel my accompanying Ship Items command, which I did (since I bought Absolute Drift since and I'd like to throw that into the box). So, yeah. Shit sucks.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The fun never ends: I had the rest of my games shipped at the beginning of the month, asking that they send the missing Dariusburst copy as well. Three weeks ago. Not even a tracking code generated for the order.

LRG went to the bottom of the barrel with everything I've been going through these months.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
When do you think Comic Star Heroine for Vita will release? I guess we won't see the PS4 Version from LRG before the Vita port is finished, right?

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from Sarah from LRG's shipping department. Apparently Sony botched the Ys Origin print run, sending a bunch of damaged copies and not sending enough in the first place. Hence, that's delayed. Got offered the option to cancel my accompanying Ship Items command, which I did (since I bought Absolute Drift since and I'd like to throw that into the box). So, yeah. Shit sucks.

Same thing here. The created a shipping label nearly 3 weeks ago with no updates and just as I was thinking about it today I get the support email. I know mistakes happen but for the love of god DO NOT CREATE SHIPPING LABELS THAT FAR AHEAD OF THEM BEING SHIPPED!

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Same thing here. The created a shipping label nearly 3 weeks ago with no updates and just as I was thinking about it today I get the support email. I know mistakes happen but for the love of god DO NOT CREATE SHIPPING LABELS THAT FAR AHEAD OF THEM BEING SHIPPED!

This. They need to distinguish "your order has been assembled" and "your order has been shipped". I'm pretty sure it will save them some customer service time.

It IS stressful for the customer to not be able to tell if a game is en route, may be lost, or may still be in the warehouse. Just look at Shizuka :X

Also the whole Ys Origin situation is unfortunate, and is another setback for the preorder model I guess :/

Oct 26, 2017
Saw that my PS4 Skullgirls is about to be shipment. Damn, how long has it been, 11 months if not a year since preorders?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
So far I've managed a full run of the PS4 LRG releases. The second Switch starts up, though, that focus changes. Fingers crossed for Graceful Explosion Machine at some point.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So many issues doesn't even begin to describe it. It's reached a point where I wish LRG would go back to securing a game per month just to handle shipping in-house like old times.

The situation now is pretty pathetic.

I have to admit even as someone who doesn't really care too much about getting the games quickly (I'm happy to just hold my orders for a while), the latest problems with LRG have been frustrating. Like others, I received shipping emails 2-3 weeks ago on my held items, the tracking number didn't work but I just figured it just hadn't updated but the games were on the way, I only realised yesterday when they sent an email saying there were problems with the Ys release that nothing had been sent yet. I don't care all that much for slight delays, I'd rather LRG do what they're doing and fix the problem instead of shipping them out damaged but it would be nice to have updates sooner, I could have said 2 weeks ago to just ship out Ys separately. The large release schedule over the last few months seems to have been a bit too much for both LRG and Sony it seems.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Indiebox ending and SRG stepping back some... kind of a bummer to see less companies doing things like this.

I'm glad to see Golf Story is first for the Switch releases, I figured it would either be that or Blaster Master Zero. And am I crazy or did another company announce doing Switch retail games besides LRG?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Really didn't think ESRB regulations would bring in the apocalypse to small publishers of indie games, but I guess I didn't understand how serious those fees eat up small profit margins.

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used my Switch ever since I bought it at release as much as I should have. But after playing Mario Odyssey, I want more and more Switch games. I'm so happy that LRG are able to start selling those. I will continue to maintain my complete LRG Vita game collection, but I'm still trying to see whether I'll do the same for the Switch as well.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My physical copy of Undertale finally arrived from Fangamer, and thought I'd share my experience.

Delivery was extremely slow, received a hefty customs charge due to their inaccurate packaging, and European customers did not receive promised digital content (and no compensation offered). Unlikely to buy from them again unless I was truly desperate.

Shinriji

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads-up: it is still possible to change address for the Skullgirls vita, but the window is closing soon.

La-Mulana EX and Windjammers are a must buy, even when I should dial back my game budget.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My physical copy of Undertale finally arrived from Fangamer, and thought I'd share my experience.

Delivery was extremely slow, received a hefty customs charge due to their inaccurate packaging, and European customers did not receive promised digital content (and no compensation offered). Unlikely to buy from them again unless I was truly desperate.

It's why I ended up not ordering it, you will always get hit with customs charges from them and with the handling fee costs it's just not worth it especially for a single game.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Canada here. I received mine quickly, no customs fee, and got my digital content emailed to me the day the package shipped.

Check your email for "redemption code for the UNDERTALE Dynamic Theme".

Everything was in perfect condition. Music box is amazing, soundtrack comes with sheet music, and the game's manual is a little golden book homage.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
It appears that even linking i.imgur pictures from ResetEra results in 403 Forbidden errors. The anti-hotlinking filter is pretty serious.
Oh. Weird, thought just posting the link would get around that. Anyway, just a picture of my copy of Skull Girls. Didn't expect it to get here so soon (after shipping email).

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Oh. Weird, thought just posting the link would get around that. Anyway, just a picture of my copy of Skull Girls. Didn't expect it to get here so soon (after shipping email).

Yeah, it's weird.
Clicking the link opens an error page, but you just have to hit Refresh to load the pic.

1 year later, haha.

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds yet?
Lwo0CTF.gif

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It's too bad to hear about special reserves but it just means they won't be publishing brand new games anymore. They will likely move to a model similar to LRG publishing games that have mostly already been out for several months to years old. I think the new ESRB rules state that the game must be so old before they offer the discounted rating price for former digital games. I do wonder exactly how long that space of time must be?

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, customs tacked on another $20 here too. Probably never ordering from them again.